Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I am new and would like to know if you find out when the Gold Championships become available to reserve clubs or if you don't and it is just your luck to find out when its open?

Thanks in advance

You've got two choices' date=' you can either try your luck and just be on when it's open (right time, right place) or you can do the old 'camp on the computer all day every day 'til one opens'.

I tend to try my luck but to answer your question, no, you can't find out when they will be open however if you look at recent GC's opening days and times etc. you may be able to find a pattern as to when they might open e.g. Every X days.[/quote']

As Josh says but the way this week has gone it wouldn't surprise me if there was one opening tomorrow

What are you on about? Seriously' date=' what's your problem? It's actually a terrible setup; there have been 6 managed deals for 90+ players, 6!! And one of them was done by me, actually (which was giving Valdes + Planas for Lloris, btw - hardly in my favour)...:rolleyes:[/quote']

Why do u have to do deals..........why u cant just focus on formations and results:rolleyes:.........be patient,why u have to do 30 deals in first 5 days of new GC?............:rolleyes:,Loris is double better GK just cause is in Barca Valdes is rated higher.......plus Barca will probably sold him next year and buy some younger and better GK ,maybe Lloriss even..........

Why do u have to do deals..........why u cant just focus on formations and results:rolleyes:.........be patient' date='why u have to do 30 deals in first 5 days of new GC?............:rolleyes:,Loris is double better GK just cause is in Barca Valdes is rated higher.......plus Barca will probably sold him next year and buy some younger and better GK ,maybe Lloriss even..........[/quote']

I said it was a poor GC in terms of activity, and the lack of deals reflect that. What do formations and results have to do with that? Also, who said I wanted to do millions of deals? I was just pointing out the abnormally-low amount of managed-managed club deals that have been done.

And the 2nd part is just silly. Really silly. Just because Valdes made a mistake against RM, Barca are going to sell him? Of course...:rolleyes:

Why do u have to do deals..........why u cant just focus on formations and results:rolleyes:.........be patient' date='why u have to do 30 deals in first 5 days of new GC?............:rolleyes:,Loris is double better GK just cause is in Barca Valdes is rated higher.......plus Barca will probably sold him next year and buy some younger and better GK ,maybe Lloriss even..........[/quote']

A lot of people, to maintain interest in the GW and in their club, like to put their own stamp on it. A massive selling point of SoccerManager is the fact that you can negotiate with real life living people and if you look through GC182, that is barely happening. But it's not just that, it is the shear ignorance of people in the GC as well, not replying to PM's and loan offers - how hard is it to press the reject button? I've made numerous loan offers to people for their second choice goalkeepers and they can't even be bothered to reply to my offer, I wouldn't mind if they rejected it, at least I could then move on and try and sort out another deal. It's just a bad GC altogether, the people, the activity, I'll try and hang it out though.

GC 182 is easily thé worst GC I've ever been part of. And thé lack of transfer activity is preciesly why I left my Lille. and CB, just because you want to sell all your players for Cash doesen't mean everyone Else wants that aswe:rolleyes:

GC 182 is easily thé worst GC I've ever been part of. And thé lack of transfer activity is preciesly why I left my Lille. and CB' date=' just because you want to sell all your players for Cash doesen't mean everyone Else wants that aswe:rolleyes:[/color']

Where did u see that i sell/sold all players for cash,just unwanted,players i dont like,not perspective enough for my taste......or just personal disliking:rolleyes:

A lot of people' date=' to maintain interest in the GW and in their club, like to put their own stamp on it. A massive selling point of SoccerManager is the fact that you can negotiate with real life living people and if you look through GC182, that is barely happening. But it's not just that, it is the shear ignorance of people in the GC as well, not replying to PM's and loan offers - how hard is it to press the reject button? I've made numerous loan offers to people for their second choice goalkeepers and they can't even be bothered to reply to my offer, I wouldn't mind if they rejected it, at least I could then move on and try and sort out another deal. It's just a bad GC altogether, the people, the activity, I'll try and hang it out though.[/quote']

Well i like to keep in most cases original core of club squad just selling,to old,unwanted not perspective etc players.....but some people are boring,i reject theirs bid and they just continue with poor bids,i just ignore them dont bother to reject as there isnt use of it......for deals patience is key

I said it was a poor GC in terms of activity' date=' and the lack of deals reflect that. What do formations and results have to do with that? Also, who said I wanted to do millions of deals? I was just pointing out the abnormally-low amount of managed-managed club deals that have been done.

And the 2nd part is just silly. Really silly. Just because Valdes made a mistake against RM, Barca are going to sell him? Of course...:rolleyes:[/quote']

no,cause he s old for Barca avrg,plus Barca have money and goals that they wanna achieve and Valdes isnt really Barca class......it ll be similar scenario like Cesar in Inter.......he s dead meat.........just they didnt let him know yet.....:rolleyes:

Where did u see that i sell/sold all players for cash' date='just unwanted,players i dont like,not perspective enough for my taste......or just personal disliking:rolleyes:

[/quote']

You're the one that is constantly preaching about how we all should "say no to PE deals" thus I take it that you only sell and buy players for cash ... or am I wrong and you actually use players in your deals ?

You're the one that is constantly preaching about how we all should "say no to PE deals" thus I take it that you only sell and buy players for cash ... or am I wrong and you actually use players in your deals ?

in that i am for reality but why not use PE deals where i can......yea i am preaching,but SM board dont listen......i hope they realize this looks more like some funny managment game for kindergarden,then its looks like serious managment game..........

GC106: Real Madrid win their second La Liga title in a row following a 5-1 victory over Hercules. Brought Schurrle in for Ronaldo, and he repaid me with a 12 minute hat-trick. 3 games remaining and a game against Marius' Barcelona in the Spanish Cup Semi Final.

GC74: Table is so tight going into the final three games of the season. Currently sit fourth but only three points behind leaders West Ham who possess one of the deadliest partnerships in the league in Balotelli and Cassano who have 41 goals between them. I can overtake Aldershot on Wednesday with a win.

GC55: Shorpe completely destroy Manchester United 4-0 at Glanford Park with goals coming from Bafetimbi Gomis (2) and Alvarez and Basta.

Well i like to keep in most cases original core of club squad just selling' date='to old,unwanted not perspective etc players.....but some people are boring,i reject theirs bid and they just continue with poor bids,i just ignore them dont bother to reject as there isnt use of it......for deals patience is key

[/quote']

Yes but we are not talking about you. As I said, the majority of people like to put their stamp on their squad. Also, not every squad is perfect like Madrid's and Barca's, nearly every club needs improving in certain positions and how do we do that? We bring in players.

On to ignoring bids, a loan bid isn't a bad offer though, all you have to do is press the reject offer, not hard is it?

If it is a poor bid e.g. cash for a top player or just an out-right awful offer, I just tend to counter-offer £150Mil + their best player and just sit-back and wait for the abusive PM. It is far more entertaining then just ignoring it.

GC 140: Milan

Josh Hammond steered Milan to victory against fierce rivals Genoa.

Milan outclassed Genoa and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Gomis scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Capel was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another good win as we look to push Inter into submission at the top.

Capel has been an amazing signing and perfect for my B team. In that match he grabbed a goal and two assists - not bad for a cash signing. Gomis was beast as ever, scoring a brace and firmly cementing the result.

Next up we have Roma, that will be a tough match but with our recent form, I am sure we an take all three points.

GC 55: Milton Keynes Dons

Josh Hammond steered Milton Keynes Dons to victory against Preston North End.

Milton Keynes Dons outclassed Preston North End and beat them 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Begovic had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Easter and Wildschut were amongst the goalscorers.

Four different scorers for us today; Easter, Hobbs (Own Goal), Ki and Wildschut all were on the scoresheet for us as we put in another convincing performance and extend our lead at the top of the table to seven points.

Next up we face a poor Yeovil side that we will look to exploit and gain three points from.

GC 171: Arsenal

Josh Hammond steered Arsenal to victory against Southampton.

Arsenal outclassed Southampton and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Arteta scored the winner for Arsenal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

An early goal from Arteta was enough to give us a win over newly managed Southampton. Arteta was assisted by the transfer listed Rafael van der Vaart.

That win keeps us in fourth position as everyone above us managed to win.

Next up we face Tottenham Hotspur, we are hoping to do the double over them this season.

GC 179: Athletic Club

Josh Hammond earned a draw with Athletic Club against Málaga CF.

After their result against Málaga CF, Athletic Club are now unbeaten in 5 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Athletic Club and Málaga CF in their Division 1 fixture.

Suarez had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Taking everything into consideration this is a good result. Still unbeaten in the league and we are still up there fighting with the big boys.

Next up we have Osasuna, we are looking for all three points there.

GC 180: SM Caen

Josh Hammond steered SM Caen to victory against GFCO Ajaccio.

SM Caen beat GFCO Ajaccio 4 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Traore was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nabab was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The SM Caen club record for highest scoring league game has been broken. The game against GFCO Ajaccio finished 4 - 1

SM Caen have now won 4 games in a row after beating GFCO Ajaccio setting a new club record.

After their result against GFCO Ajaccio, SM Caen are now unbeaten in 5 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Another great win as we remain unbeaten this season. Seube, Cuvillier, Naba and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain each got an assist. Traore had an amazing game and grabbed a hat-trick and Nabab, who came into the side to replace Niang, also got a goal.

This win keeps us in second and we look to continue this form as we take on AC Arles-Avignon next.

GC155 Cska Moskva looking to do some deals, Negredo can leave for a 88 or 89 rated striker plus cash, others are available too.

GC157 Chelsea again looking do some deals but finding it hard, though did bring in Guiseppe Rossi for Lukas Podolski & Tomas Kalas.

Love it how people want to sell players and do the usual

No droppers/oldies or fringe players yet that is exactly what they are trying to offload,

Quite happy just keeping hold of players now buying externally and trying to get squad players from unmanaged, people have crazy demands or silly offers, quite happy to give tripe but want gold in return

Love it how people want to sell players and do the usual

No droppers/oldies or fringe players yet that is exactly what they are trying to offload' date='

Quite happy just keeping hold of players now buying externally and trying to get squad players from unmanaged, people have crazy demands or silly offers, quite happy to give tripe but want gold in return[/quote']

Is that aimed at me Ninster? (Lyon, GC184) as i just made an article to that effect.

Although the players i mentioned arent really old or droppers, so apologies if not mate.

Is that aimed at me Ninster? (Lyon' date=' GC184) as i just made an article to that effect.

Although the players i mentioned arent really old or droppers, so apologies if not mate.[/quote']

Not aimed at you as the players you mentioned are solid nd doing well IRL,just the majority of articles I read are along the same line read about 5 in different gc's, yours wasn't that bad as you weren't youth whoring :P

Take gc31 for example I was selling Hugo Campagnaro for cash I'd just bought Walter Samuel for £14 million so was after selling Campagnaro have now sold him for £16 million but one manager offered £9 million and I rejected he messages me saying I won't get more than that as he is 32 :eek: I'm 33 for god sake. A 32 on this game has a good few seasons in him and is. 90 to boot so worth signing for cash

Since they brought in SM Credits I think even refunds have been done away with.

Thought as much to be honest.

Either way' date=' I'm quitting all my teams:

GC49 - Sevilla

1x96 - Vidic

2x95 - Rooney, Alves

2x94 - Silva, Busquets

4x93 - Di Maria, Nani, Mascherano, Valdes

Youths include Thiago, Papadopoulos, Danilo.

GC19 - Sheffield Wednesday

1x92 - De Jong

1x91 - Huntelaar

3x90 - Schurrle, M. Pereira, A. Pereira

8x89

GC75 - Rotherham United

1x91 - Akinfeev

5x90 - Giroud, Ledesma, Benatia, Barzagli, Piszczek

2x89

11x88

GC77 - Rimini

1x94 - Schweinsteiger

5x93 - Kompany, Gomez, Robinho, Di Maria, Mascherano

2x90 - Benatia, Debuchy

5x89

Youths include Thiago, Lamela, Oscar

GC109 - Aberdeen

4x90 - Sirigu, Doumbia, Matri, Vertonghen

5x89 - Gaitan, Martin, Pereira, Felipe, Inan

8x88

Youths include Ramirez, Rodrigo, Oscar

GC76 - Sporting CP

1x93 - Yaya Toure

Not much else but something to work with.

GC47 - Ancona

1x90 - Sirigu

1x89 - Ayew

2x88 - Silvestre, Topuz

A project I started to re-ignite my interest, without success.

Hope they all find a good home. GC19 and GC109 are in particular great GC's.

So long guys, it's been emotional.

Not aimed at you as the players you mentioned are solid nd doing well IRL' date='just the majority of articles I read are along the same line read about 5 in different gc's, yours wasn't that bad as you weren't youth whoring :P

Take gc31 for example I was selling Hugo Campagnaro for cash I'd just bought Walter Samuel for £14 million so was after selling Campagnaro have now sold him for £16 million but one manager offered £9 million and I rejected he messages me saying I won't get more than that as he is 32 :eek: I'm 33 for god sake. A 32 on this game has a good few seasons in him and is. 90 to boot so worth signing for cash[/quote']

No worries mate. Just wondered as id not long put my article up then seen your post lol.

Yeah its frustrating sometimes trying to get deals done. Especially when the counters you are getting are ridiculous. Then you see them sell decent enough players for shocking deals. Porto in 184 for example. Hes sold Rolando for cash + a 75, and Defour for Jarvis and a youth or something. And the offers hes made me arent the best either, despite him wanting loads in return for his players. Sigh lol.

Looks like im going into this season with my original squad, plus hopefully 1 or 2 from externals.

Gold 71: It's taken 7 seasons but my first GC club Dundee has finally reached the pinnacle by lifting the SMFA Cup :D

Beat an excellently managed Atlético Mineiro in the final 2-1, torturous watch on score centre, thought Reus gave us the lead in the first half, only for it to be ruled out for offside, then fell behind in the 65th min. Turning point was the 75th min when Mineiro subbed Mikel & Sow and by the 76th minute we'd scored twice through Ribery & Alba to seal the deal :)

Pretty much the final thing i had left to achieve on here so my time here is probably coming to an end also..

No worries mate. Just wondered as id not long put my article up then seen your post lol.

Yeah its frustrating sometimes trying to get deals done. Especially when the counters you are getting are ridiculous. Then you see them sell decent enough players for shocking deals. Porto in 184 for example. Hes sold Rolando for cash + a 75' date=' and Defour for Jarvis and a youth or something. And the offers hes made me arent the best either, despite him wanting loads in return for his players. Sigh lol.

Looks like im going into this season with my original squad, plus hopefully 1 or 2 from externals.[/quote']

Never a bad thing it's what i'll be doing from here on in

GC104: Little old Sheffield Wednesday lift the SMFA Champions Cup, beating Liverpool 4-1 on pens after a 0-0 draw. Liverpool had more possession, but we had more shots and i am delighted to win it with my first ever GC team.

Liverpool had much the stronger team and were firm favourites prior to the game, boasting the likes of Villa, Gomez and VDV. But Wednesday, boasting the likes of Landreau, Dzagoev and Inan :D held firm and stayed cool under pressure to score every penalty required.

Much work has gone into this team this season, compared to previous seasons where weve just plodded along. The future also looks bright, with the likes of Dzagoev, Ramirez, Varane, Maher, Xhaka, and Leno set to be key players for us. Hopefully this is the start of a few more trophies!

in that i am for reality but why not use PE deals where i can......yea i am preaching' date='but SM board dont listen......i hope they realize this looks more like some funny managment game for kindergarden,then its looks like serious managment game..........[/quote']

So, first you say no to P/E deals, telling everyone not to do em, then u go and do em yourself, hypocritical anyone ?

:rolleyes:

If you wish to make it more realistic, create your own custom, and make it cash only ... problem solved.