Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Two Excellent title triumphs wrapped up:

GC 73- Darlington do it again!!

Darlington maned to retain there Premier League crown courtesy of a tremendous victory on the last day at rivals Aston Villa, a club we have struggled against previously. We still needed a bit of help but fortunatly Stifler's Watford managed to beat Manchester City meaning Darlington pipped the Citizens to the title by two points. Really really pleased as England GC 73 is a tremendous set-up.

Makes it SIX successive League tiles since we started the journey in Div 5, with the English Shield already in the bank along with the League Darlington will head into there second successive Champions League Final tomorrow, after being beaten by Bayern last year it dont get any easier as we face a tremendous Real Madrid who will be strong favourites.

GC 107- Tigres top Mexico.

After taking up an opportunity to take Tigres in a decent Mexico set-up in GC 107 after 8 games of the season we sat 9 points off the pace with a limited squad and debt up to our eyeballs and a nice project.

Proceeded to sell-off a lot of squad players, and wasted youth signings by the previous management. We only added Montano to the squad to provide extra competition up front but a tremendous late run with sixteen games unbeaten took this fairly limited side to title glory courtesy of a late winner on the last day to edge out Unam Pumas.

Never expected to hit the top in this League so soon, but Mexico was one of the few Leagues I hadn't won so good to add to the collection in a good challenging environment with 4-5 real quality sides in Mexico.

Two Excellent title triumphs wrapped up:

GC 73- Darlington do it again!!

Darlington maned to retain there Premier League crown courtesy of a tremendous victory on the last day at rivals Aston Villa' date=' a club we have struggled against previously. We still needed a bit of help but fortunatly Stifler's Watford managed to beat Manchester City meaning Darlington pipped the Citizens to the title by two points. Really really pleased as England GC 73 is a tremendous set-up.

Makes it SIX successive League tiles since we started the journey in Div 5, with the English Shield already in the bank along with the League Darlington will head into there second successive Champions League Final tomorrow, after being beaten by Bayern last year it dont get any easier as we face a tremendous Real Madrid who will be strong favourites.

[b']GC 107- Tigres top Mexico.[/b]

After taking up an opportunity to take Tigres in a decent Mexico set-up in GC 107 after 8 games of the season we sat 9 points off the pace with a limited squad and debt up to our eyeballs and a nice project.

Proceeded to sell-off a lot of squad players, and wasted youth signings by the previous management. We only added Montano to the squad to provide extra competition up front but a tremendous late run with sixteen games unbeaten took this fairly limited side to title glory courtesy of a late winner on the last day to edge out Unam Pumas.

Never expected to hit the top in this League so soon, but Mexico was one of the few Leagues I hadn't won so good to add to the collection in a good challenging environment with 4-5 real quality sides in Mexico.

You are forgetting coming runner up to me in season 5 :D

SM reporting system is biggest joke i've seen in my life' date=' people reporting all legit deals right on left and their getting reversed for no reason, and now, some jerks even people who did deals to loan them player or else they will report their deals :D[/quote']

completely agree,it should be limited amount of reports per person,maybe 2 per month,this is out of control,while suspicious deal going everywhere.........SMFA needs to be improved a lot.......

completely agree' date='it should be limited amount of reports per person,maybe 2 per month,this is out of control,while suspicious deal going everywhere.........SMFA needs to be improved a lot.......[/quote']

you reported my legit deals , dont think your one to talk

you reported my legit deals ' date=' dont think your one to talk[/quote']

not yours Marseille s,cause they were stupid and cause he cheated....:rolleyes:,Ayew for Ade yea....and few other stupid transfers ,few people reported anyway,instead of me just someone else would......Steaua is the best (his nick) quitted just after,cause he cheated........and wanted to destroy club as Kitey destroyed few cause they werent satisfied with some things,i just saved club unruined for new manager (at least how much was possible) cause SMFA didnt do it full job,highly tuned,yea

GC 115: Lazio lift the Italian Shield, beating Inter 3-2 in the Final. Goals from Di Natale, Aguero and Jovetic had us cruising 3-0 at half time. However a late double from Inter made it a nervy last 8 minutes, but we held firm. Think this might be just my second trophy with them, despite going close on a few occassions, so happy to lift the silverware.

GC 133: Man City reach the final of the SMFA Shield for the 2nd season in a row. Drawing 2-2 at home against Fiorentina on the night, but progressing 4-3 on aggregate. We meet Club Brugge in the final, only a day after we play one of the other teams competing for the league, with just a point in it. With 3 games to go, our result vs Blackburn in the next game will have a big say on the team that lines up for the final, before meeting the league leaders in the final game of the season.

Few other decent results in the early stages of some cups etc. The only other noteable result was in GC 113, where Man United beat a well organised Ipswich 1-0 away from home in the Semi-Final of the SMFA Shield to put us in a strong position going into the 2nd leg. Higuain with the only goal of the game for us.

I'm so bad in the final stages of competitions. The amount of semi finals/finals ive lost on SM is just stupid! :P

GC75: My first proper game in charge - A SMFA Shield Semi Final Second Leg tie where i had a 2-1 deficit to overturn against Athletic Club. Dominated the game but somehow conceded 2 goals, and just couldn't add to the goals from Giroud and Gylfi.

GC33: Overturned a 3-2 defeat in the first leg of our SMFA Shield 3rd Round tie against Huddersfield to win 4-3 on aggregate. Shane Long and Juan Arango scoring the goals. Considering Huddersfield have been my bogie team throughout the setup (think ive lost 2 finals and a semi final to them in 4 seasons)

GC35: Sporting de Braga destroy Barcelona 4-1 in our SMFA Champions Cup Group D match to qualify ahead of the Spanish galactico's.

GC76: Beat Schalke 4-3 on penalties in the German Cup Quarter Final.

GC68: Lost the French Shield Semi Final 3-2 to AS Monaco. :(

However.....

GC31: Reading beat Chelsea in the English Shield Final....on penalties. :P

Ill take it though...

GC honor 43.

Decent night on the whole though, above are just a small sample, just disappointed to fall at the final hurdle of many competitions.

GC85: Falkirk lift the Scottish shield after defeating Motherwell. Now all I need to do is win the bloody title' date=' Mike H Celtic have been whoring it out recently, share the love ey fella?[/quote']

Lol, times are changing your boys just pummelled my lot in thè league and it's tight as hell! I'm fearful at thè moment as my first teams average age is currently 34 haha. Pizarro, nesta, del pierro and schwarzer lol.

I think you'll ****** it this year chief!

Edit... I can't actually believe s.natch is blocked. Pathetic

Lol' date=' times are changing your boys just pummelled my lot in thè league and it's tight as hell! I'm fearful at thè moment as my first teams average age is currently 34 haha. Pizarro, nesta, del pierro and schwarzer lol.

I think you'll ****** it this year chief!

Edit... I can't actually believe s.natch is blocked. Pathetic[/quote']

Yeah iv won two on the trot against you, cant honestly remember the last time I did that, if ever :eek:

1 point now, gonna be another good season !

Your old timers are running out of steam :D

Yeah iv won two on the trot against you' date=' cant honestly remember the last time I did that, if ever :eek:

1 point now, gonna be another good season !

Your old timers are running out of steam :D[/quote']

Have just taken Kilmarnock for a bit of a challenge.

Bottom of the league, will take some effort to make the play offs lol