• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I've never been 'addicted' to SM as many of you guys are probably are :P ...

But I do occasionally check up on the forum and the game itself to see whether new Gold Championships have been released so I could try my luck for a big team. I was secretively hoping for something like this where I could reserve my own club but I'd rather participate in a Gold Championship with majority of the clubs being active, a good flowing competitive transfer market and banter on the forum rather than participating in a Gold Championship where the top ten teams are pretty much taken. It's no longer going to be 'fastest fingers first' but a 'deepest pocket wins' kind of mentality!

I'm still undecided about whether I would actually part with £12 for a top team. Yes, I've been searching for a five star team for a very long time, but now I'm contemplating whether the gameworld is going to be quiet and inactive as Gold Members will know that there is no point taking up a mediocre or a small team as another GC is coming their way. SM will make bundles of cash with this new feature, but the fear of losing interest in their one unique selling point still remains. SM should reduce the amount of random GC's created and when an individual is given the opportunity to reserve a club; there should be one Barcelona/Real Madrid available and SM should notify us when the Gameworld will actually be released, instead of allowing 2/3 Barcelona's and creating these GC's at once. The common player or child who refuses or cannot spend no money will also lose interest as now they'd be moving from GC to GC looking for decent Gameworld activity and clubs.

I'm still undecided whether I want to part with £12; being a student, I am on a heavy budget... But maybe this new introduction can finally allow me to grab a big team and get me hooked on SM :D

It's a bizarrely fantastic risky idea. Whether it pays off I guess time will tell. Still contemplating whether to fall prey in return for a big club :o

All this extra money SM make and they can't even sort out a basic shop query, got 500 sm credits earlier via paypal only for them to take the money but give no credits so did a shop query only for them to now just close it with nothing. No refund or credits, another one opened. Not hard to sort it :rolleyes:

Man Utd In GC191 looking to shift Rooney as i just don't like him, after a striker replacement 91 or 92 for him and another

Edit: Think i'll get another couple of teams seeing as Falcao has won me money again £5.00 at 9/1 to score 2 goals was awesome value :D

Not a great night.

GC106: Lost the Semi-Final of the Spanish Cup 3-2 to my biggest rivals, Barcelona. Gutted. May of won the title, but still feel like ive failed this season only winning 2 trophies.

GC100: Bordeaux leave Celtic Park after a 6-5 penalty SMFA Shield shootout victory with a tie against Milan awaiting in the Second Round.

GC62: Athletic Club lose 2-0 away at Manchester City and exit the SMFA Champions Cup in the First Round on away goals.

How does the 5 day club offer thing work? When are the bids rejected? 5 days exactly after the club was quit and the offer was handed out or what?

I bet I know who you mean ;)

Aint you taken enough teams lately my homepage is like a homage to you, your name keeps popping up everywhere :P

It is usually exactly 5 days after he quits, so 7PM on a Monday same time 5 days on so I think

Some time ago Mr Hammer issued a challenge to take on his sao paulo in GC 98 5 games into the new season and this is how the table stands. I'm Internacional

1 Santos 5 12 13

2 INTERNACIONAL 5 9 13

3 Cruzeiro 5 1 10

4 Atlético Mineiro 5 1 10

5 Fluminense 5 0 5

6 Vasco da Gama 5 -2 4

7 Palmeiras 5 -6 4

8 Corinthians 5 -4 3

9 São Paulo FC 5 -5 3

10 Flamengo 5 -6 2

Early days but it doesn't look too good if any one else wants to try feel free

Two Excellent title triumphs wrapped up:

GC 73- Darlington do it again!!

Darlington maned to retain there Premier League crown courtesy of a tremendous victory on the last day at rivals Aston Villa, a club we have struggled against previously. We still needed a bit of help but fortunatly Stifler's Watford managed to beat Manchester City meaning Darlington pipped the Citizens to the title by two points. Really really pleased as England GC 73 is a tremendous set-up.

Makes it SIX successive League tiles since we started the journey in Div 5, with the English Shield already in the bank along with the League Darlington will head into there second successive Champions League Final tomorrow, after being beaten by Bayern last year it dont get any easier as we face a tremendous Real Madrid who will be strong favourites.

GC 107- Tigres top Mexico.

After taking up an opportunity to take Tigres in a decent Mexico set-up in GC 107 after 8 games of the season we sat 9 points off the pace with a limited squad and debt up to our eyeballs and a nice project.

Proceeded to sell-off a lot of squad players, and wasted youth signings by the previous management. We only added Montano to the squad to provide extra competition up front but a tremendous late run with sixteen games unbeaten took this fairly limited side to title glory courtesy of a late winner on the last day to edge out Unam Pumas.

Never expected to hit the top in this League so soon, but Mexico was one of the few Leagues I hadn't won so good to add to the collection in a good challenging environment with 4-5 real quality sides in Mexico.

Two Excellent title triumphs wrapped up:

GC 73- Darlington do it again!!

Darlington maned to retain there Premier League crown courtesy of a tremendous victory on the last day at rivals Aston Villa' date=' a club we have struggled against previously. We still needed a bit of help but fortunatly Stifler's Watford managed to beat Manchester City meaning Darlington pipped the Citizens to the title by two points. Really really pleased as England GC 73 is a tremendous set-up.

Makes it SIX successive League tiles since we started the journey in Div 5, with the English Shield already in the bank along with the League Darlington will head into there second successive Champions League Final tomorrow, after being beaten by Bayern last year it dont get any easier as we face a tremendous Real Madrid who will be strong favourites.

[b']GC 107- Tigres top Mexico.[/b]

After taking up an opportunity to take Tigres in a decent Mexico set-up in GC 107 after 8 games of the season we sat 9 points off the pace with a limited squad and debt up to our eyeballs and a nice project.

Proceeded to sell-off a lot of squad players, and wasted youth signings by the previous management. We only added Montano to the squad to provide extra competition up front but a tremendous late run with sixteen games unbeaten took this fairly limited side to title glory courtesy of a late winner on the last day to edge out Unam Pumas.

Never expected to hit the top in this League so soon, but Mexico was one of the few Leagues I hadn't won so good to add to the collection in a good challenging environment with 4-5 real quality sides in Mexico.

You are forgetting coming runner up to me in season 5 :D