Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

As i expected not many deals done in the new gc's but i have just agreed to sell Eden Hazard for Nani & Hernandez, a replacement and another striker as Chelsea in GC213 are threadbare up front.

Looking to do some deals in the GC's i'm in if you see me in your gold champ just check my team out and get a bid in :)

Due to GC 193 going completely dead I decided to make an all Ukrainian Dynamo Kyiv squad,obviously that's the only way to have fun in some GC's.

I just hope that Shakhtar manager will be willing to let go of his seven players :D

First time ive ever seen this on SM...

The deal involving Gary HOOPER has collapsed as the player refuses to sign for Grimsby Town

I offered him to Grimsby, they countered, i accepted.

Anyone else ever had that?

GC 90: Took over Ajax yesterday and today have logged on to find four atrocious offers for Subotic. I'm not going to bother countering as they are just awful. I think i'm fair when it comes to transfers but i'm not even going to bother with these.

The deal involving Gary HOOPER has collapsed as the player refuses to sign for Grimsby Town

I offered him to Grimsby' date=' they countered, i accepted.

Anyone else ever had that?[/quote']

What is Grimsby's highest rated player?

Rangers have made an offer reported to be around £8,000,000 for Xherdan SHAQIRI of Liverpool plus Baroni CRISTIAN .

Good luck with that Rangers boss.

I'm not either of these teams - just popped up on my news feed and made me chuckle.

I offered him to Grimsby' date=' they countered, i accepted.

Anyone else ever had that?[/quote']

It's not that unusual.

Managing a number of smaller clubs from a variety of leagues around the world. Once i've been in a position to buy or P/e a 'top' name. Often the message you received pops ups.

I manage Cowdenbeath in Scottish 500. And i had enough to buy Nikica Jelavic from Everton(External) recently the deal was accepted. 24 hrs later i got your 'Gary Hooper' message.

It's not unknown for this message to pop up :(

What is Grimsby's highest rated player?

Highest rated player is 77 (86 on loan).

@MoodyMark - Ah right cool. First time ive seen it mate, even with a few small teams myself. Strange one.

Cheers lads.

@MoodyMark - Ah right cool. First time ive seen it mate' date=' even with a few small teams myself. Strange one.

Cheers lads.[/quote']

Aye! No worries - It's common place if managing a small(er) club in a lower league. It would surprise me more if you was managing a big name club and you started to get them messages :)

In my experience it seems to go by the average rating of the whole team +10, so a team with an average rating of 76 couldn't buy an 87 rated player as he'd refuse to join - but could buy a player rated 86! The exception would be Free Agents who seem to join any team regardless (so a Free Agent rated 85 should join a team with an average rating of 70 no problems)

@MoodyMark - Ah right cool. First time ive seen it mate' date=' even with a few small teams myself. Strange one.

Cheers lads.[/quote']

I think if the player is 8 or 9 ratings higher than your current highest rated permanent player, that player will refuse to join you.

It goes by the average rating of the whole team - I (semi) recently took over a team in a custom gameworld where the previous manager had been a bit silly and bought quite a few players rated 63, 64 and 65 - as a result my team average was only 76 even though I had some 82s and 83s in the team, I therefore had to wait until all the useless ones were off their TBs and sold before I could sign anyone rated over 86 (and I did try)

GC 157

Manchester City slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Manchester United in their SMFA Champions Cup Round 1 Leg 2 fixture.

Manchester City went through on away goals after a 3 - 3 draw on aggregate.

Close call, I really hope I get an easier opponent in the Quarter Final as I need to focus on the league now.

Wigan in the league tomorrow, and I don't think I have any 78+ central mids that's fit to play.. This should be interesting lol

Manchester City in the next GC' date=' hopefully will be sometime between 11 and 12 tonight
:D[/center']

Looking at a morning one for the next one also reckon could be 2 tomorrow meaning i get my Barca on sunday :D

Alright then. Balotelli comes in for Sturridge and Courtois. Happy to have the madman in my ranks.

There are players such as Raul Meireles, Salomon Kalou, Aaron Lennon, Gaston Ramirez, Jaja Coelho and Martin Vingaard up for p/e in 160 from Chelsea. :)

Wow SM going downhill fairly rapidly if there's any room for that anymore :D

1st people are aloud to report any legit deal novadays and they get reversed if they make up good story, and now those linked account and also blocked deals all over the place, i guess you're not allowed to make deals with human managers anymore or it will only cause you damage.

Alright then. Balotelli comes in for Sturridge and Courtois. Happy to have the madman in my ranks.

There are players such as Raul Meireles' date=' Salomon Kalou, Aaron Lennon, Gaston Ramirez, Jaja Coelho and Martin Vingaard up for p/e in 160 from Chelsea. :)[/quote']

And managed to get Lombaerts in for 1.5 million (all my chairman would allow) and Kevin Du Bruyne. I am very happy with that as the Belgian CB is up for a rise to 90, and CB's are much harder to get than wingers.

1st people are aloud to report any legit deal novadays and they get reversed if they make up good story' date=' and now those linked account and also blocked deals all over the place, i guess you're not allowed to make deals with human managers anymore or it will only cause you damage.[/quote']

That's the problem we are faced with, deals get reversed but to top it off they sometime block the mangers in question from dealing with each other, I mean me and Nick Justice did a deal in 200 or de rossi where i gave matuidi and gameiro for de rossi, they reversed it and blocked us, unreal and that was 1st time we'd even dealt :)

1st people are aloud to report any legit deal novadays and they get reversed if they make up good story' date=' and now those linked account and also blocked deals all over the place, i guess you're not allowed to make deals with human managers anymore or it will only cause you damage.[/quote']

Well thats why i have suggested removing SMFA completely cause it just annoying and usseles so called highly tuned program:rolleyes:

GC157 Chelsea go out at the hands of Barcelona in the SMFA cup, half expected it so the rebuilding begins.

Out goes Courtois & Marin plus £8 million to bring Samir Nasri back, once done out goes Jeffrey Brauma for 6.5 mil.

Add's more quality to the midfield