• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Always had a soft spot for the Deportivo sides of the early 90's .... Bebeto, Mauro Silva were bloody quality in their day.

So, 96 games ago I took over a decrepit Depor in GC54 with the aim of turning them into a "Super Depor" that Bebeto would be proud of :D

Following the addition of Lars Bender for £23.5m yesterday, the team is coming along well with a number of sought-after players acquired. Also, out of interest, this is what I have paid for them

Moraes ARTUR 89 (Cost £7m)

Ferreira MARIANO 88 (£6.9m)

Senad LULIC 89 (£15.9m)

Jean-Armel KANA-BIYIK 88 (swap for Sebastien Larsson)

Yevhen KHACHERIDI 87 (£8.2m)

Mario SUAREZ 88 (£17m)

Lars BENDER 89 (£23.5m)

Andriy YARMOLENKO 89 (received with K.Strootman in exchange for S.Khedira)

Matias SUAREZ 88 (£7.2m)

Ander HERRERA 89 (swap for K.Strootman - might not turn out well :o )

Jackson MARTINEZ 86 (£6.2m)

54SUPERDEPOR_zps387a561a.jpg

Any updates on Port Vale in GC123 please guys?

Latest manager...

lord vadar 10 Oct 2012 23 Dec 2012 24 34 1.42

Just got them relegated, and has just quit... they are out on offer at the moment.

You should take them back! Players with multiple concerns etc... but still the good squad you left them with.

I'm currently in a GC where the likes of Man City, Tottenham (who all have 91+ teams) are struggling to avoid relegation whereas teams like Birmingham (87 rated) are sitting top of the table.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them down there but not when my Arsenal are struggling to keep above mid-table *waits for jokes*.

I've tried everything for the last 10-15 games; Changes of formation, mentality, play style etc. but I still can't beat unmanaged 86-88 rated teams who normally have about 5 players NMF.

It's starting to do my head in. Anyone else struggling?

I'm currently in a GC where the likes of Man City' date=' Tottenham (who all have 91+ teams) are struggling to avoid relegation whereas teams like Birmingham (87 rated) are sitting top of the table.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them down there but not when my Arsenal are struggling to keep above mid-table *waits for jokes*.

I've tried everything for the last 10-15 games; Changes of formation, mentality, play style etc. but I still can't beat unmanaged 86-88 rated teams who normally have about 5 players NMF.

It's starting to do my head in. Anyone else struggling?[/quote']

No not really.

Not a dig at you personally but people who have a go at the match Engine in general get on my wick. At the end of the day the best teams over a 38 games season always (if managed properly) rise to the top, there is no secret magic formula.

Simply put identify the biggest strength of your players and play a system which best accomodates them. Shock results happen in any walk of life it woul;d be a very very boring world if the team who was rated higher won every single game etc.

The worst thing that could happen is things are so predictable, tactics have to play a major part.

Enjoy the challenge embrace it!! :)

No not really.

Not a dig at you personally but people who have a go at the match Engine in general get on my wick. At the end of the day the best teams over a 38 games season always (if managed properly) rise to the top' date=' there is no secret magic formula.

Simply put identify the biggest strength of your players and play a system which best accomodates them. Shock results happen in any walk of life it woul;d be a very very boring world if the team who was rated higher won every single game etc.

The worst thing that could happen is things are so predictable, tactics have to play a major part.

Enjoy the challenge embrace it!! :)[/quote']

I really wish tactic's did play apart but they just don't any more as so many managers go 352 regardless of the opposition and never change there tactic's and I doubt they ever even consider changing.With load's of team's playing 352 the game's becoming a lottery and tactic's being made redundant,I really wish SM would upgrade the tactic's and make it more important as I'm getting bored with playing against 352 every game and it's also annoying that a lower rtd 352 more often than not beats a higher rtd 352.

Personally I find the game very predictable and I can nearly always predict my results and can see losses coming from a mile away.

GC 107 Tigres v Arsenal....352v352 ??;)

Latest manager...

lord vadar 10 Oct 2012 23 Dec 2012 24 34 1.42

Just got them relegated' date=' and has just quit... they are out on offer at the moment.

You should take them back! Players with multiple concerns etc... but still the good squad you left them with.[/quote']

Oh dear! To be fair, league position wise I left them in a right state! :/

Ray. Congrats on 100' date=' and commiserations in 69. Can't believe what happened last night! I honestly thought you'd stitched it up for another year.

My only saving grace is that I just qualified for the SMFA Cup on the last game to scrape fourth.[/quote']

Cheers Mike.

Sadly it was always going to happen, my golden oldies cant keep going forever and England is a really tough League now, threw it away on the last day but congrats to Everton who probably deserved it over the course of the season. Thought I was going to meet you in the Champions League Final just as well you didnt get through you always seem to beat me when it really matters-sadly for me :P

Delighted with Werder had an amazing run (bar the battering your Schalke gave me :o) which was needed as I only scraped it from Qua Lix, after missing out to Qua Lix last year nice to wrestle it back.

I really wish tactic's did play apart but they just don't any more as so many managers go 352 regardless of the opposition and never change there tactic's and I doubt they ever even consider changing.With load's of team's playing 352 the game's becoming a lottery and tactic's being made redundant' date='I really wish SM would upgrade the tactic's and make it more important as I'm getting bored with playing against 352 every game and it's also annoying that a lower rtd 352 more often than not beats a higher rtd 352.

Personally I find the game very predictable and I can nearly always predict my results and can see losses coming from a mile away.

GC 107 Tigres v Arsenal....352v352 ??;)[/quote']

I disagree TBH.

I have used loads of different formations that prove very successful 4-4-2 diamond, 4-2-3-1 even the basic 4-4-2 just depends on the make up of your side what the best formation is to play.

Having said all that yes I would imagine Tigres V arsenal will be a 3-5-2 match up only difference being your side is amazing and mine is pish poor in comparison :P

Had a great run to the Q/F so already got much further than I ever imagined I would after winning the title last year(fully expect to be hammered by you over two legs), got enough on my plate trying to hold off the Stiffmeister's Monterry in my domestic League!

Need a bit of help.. in this message:

ah.. no. I didn't knew you were talking about Ribery.. there's a long way to him reach the level 4(and level 5) and I still can offer a new contract and his concerns will be removed.
what is wrong to I receive a 'notification' saying: Message contains an Email Address, a website or part of a URL. Message Not Sent :confused::confused:

Need a bit of help.. in this message:

what is wrong to I receive a 'notification' saying: Message contains an Email Address' date=' a website or part of a URL. Message Not Sent :confused::confused:[/quote']

Try and remove the full stops. That's the only thing I can think of.

I disagree TBH.

I have used loads of different formations that prove very successful 4-4-2 diamond' date=' 4-2-3-1 even the basic 4-4-2 just depends on the make up of your side what the best formation is to play.

Having said all that yes I would imagine Tigres V arsenal will be a 3-5-2 match up only difference being your side is amazing and mine is pish poor in comparison :P

Had a great run to the Q/F so already got much further than I ever imagined I would after winning the title last year(fully expect to be hammered by you over two legs), got enough on my plate trying to hold off the Stiffmeister's Monterry in my domestic League![/quote']

I'm not saying different tactic's don't work as I use 3 or 4 different tactic's myself what I'm saying is that so many managers just use 352 regardless and basically ignore tactic's and it's kinda annoying to watch managers just plod on with 352 with average teams and get good results.I guess what I'm saying is that 352 just seems to be considerably stronger than any other tactic and if SM could tweak the ME and make the tactic's a bit more even then maybe managers would have to get a bit smarter with there tactic's and engage there brains a bit.

As for 107 my Arsenal must be my unluckiest team I manage having twice lost the league on the last day against unmanaged teams and also losing an SMFA Semi against an unmanaged side.....so as soon as I saw I was playing Tigres I thought UH OH! I smell an upset.

Shocked at the amount of talent I have picked up recently from unmanaged :eek:

Same here I've been picking up an amazing amount of talent,it seems all these GC's are having a major effect on Game world's.I've advertised some top teams on the unmanaged thread and they never get taken as people just aren't interested anymore,the percentage of manager's in GC's seem's to be dropping all the time.

No not really.

Not a dig at you personally but people who have a go at the match Engine in general get on my wick. At the end of the day the best teams over a 38 games season always (if managed properly) rise to the top' date=' there is no secret magic formula.

Enjoy the challenge embrace it!! :)[/quote']

Honestly, I'm not one to blame the match engine, in-fact this is probably the first time I have mentioned it on the forum.

To normally decide the formation my team players, I write my best players down and fit them all into a formation (as long as they fit), I usually end up with a 4-4-2 diamond or something like that. It's no coincidence that SM announce a game update and I start consistently losing. I also associate my style of play to my strongest team players e.g. if I have strong wingers, I will play down both flanks etc. (I should hope everyone does that).

Now I will take losing to a lower rated managed team on the chin, that happens week-in week-out in football and as an Arsenal fan I generally see it more, but what does get on my nerves is losing to unmanaged teams with NMF players and the odd one or two playing out of position. It's not even a one-off it is a frequent occurrence. I don't expect to win everytime, in-fact over the course of two-ish years playing SM I have only won 3-4 league titles (two of which came with one team) but I expect to beat unmanaged teams more often than not.

I don't believe tactics play as much of a part as they used too but that's just my opinion. As Rico said, you see far to often teams sitting at the top with a 3-5-2 formation and the standard in-game stats.

Results seem to be determined by how many players more you have in the center of the park to the other team.

I don't want this to seem as I am moaning as I am not.I enjoy playing SM in my spare time with friends etc. I just wanted to raise an issue that I am having to see if others have seen a change in their results recently.

I also am trying to bring a bit of life to this thread by having a nice debate haha.

Cheers Mike.

Sadly it was always going to happen' date=' my golden oldies cant keep going forever and England is a really tough League now, threw it away on the last day but congrats to Everton who probably deserved it over the course of the season. Thought I was going to meet you in the Champions League Final just as well you didnt get through you always seem to beat me when it really matters-sadly for me :P

Delighted with Werder had an amazing run (bar the battering your Schalke gave me :o) which was needed as I only scraped it from Qua Lix, after missing out to Qua Lix last year nice to wrestle it back.

I disagree TBH.

I have used loads of different formations that prove very successful 4-4-2 diamond, 4-2-3-1 even the basic 4-4-2 just depends on the make up of your side what the best formation is to play.

Had a great run to the Q/F so already got much further than I ever imagined I would after winning the title last year(fully expect to be hammered by you over two legs), got enough on my plate trying to hold off the Stiffmeister's Monterry in my domestic League![/quote']

The match engine is paggerd heres a result which is beyond a joke for me tonight.

I was the away side

Home side played 4-5-1 with the two centre mids pushing forwards had a full side with 90% plus match fitness with a team rating of say 89-90

I was playing 3-5-2 same tactic with my centre mids however I had a team rated 88 out and i had 3-4 players with 80% or less match fitness.

The match stats were 13 shots 11 on target for him... I had 10 shots 8 on target for me

I won 8-2 :o

The match engine is paggerd heres a result which is beyond a joke for me tonight.

I was the away side

Home side played 4-5-1 with the two centre mids pushing forwards had a full side with 90% plus match fitness with a team rating of say 89-90

I was playing 3-5-2 same tactic with my centre mids however I had a team rated 88 out and i had 3-4 players with 80% or less match fitness.

The match stats were 13 shots 11 on target for him... I had 10 shots 8 on target for me

I won 8-2 :o

You were clinical :P

arsenal manager scott james in 268 just tried to sell me Giroud for SM credits

:rolleyes:

Can't beleive that people actually buy credits in order to buy players ... it's pathetic.

This was always going to be the case when Credits came into the game rarther than actully buying what you want and worst thing is Sm aint gunna do out about this because some people will waste there money on credits to buy players

arsenal manager scott james in 268 just tried to sell me Giroud for SM credits

:rolleyes:

Can't beleive that people actually buy credits in order to buy players ... it's pathetic.

Dimosthenis Bakoulis (Macclesfield Town)

Sporting CP Manager@ He tells to managers to give some coins for players ! Then he cancels the deals ! He is a liar ! Noob manager ! This is the truth :)

Add Comment11 hours ago

Same guy Scott james,selling players for credits in gc 120.This chap is unhappy as he paid credits for Suarez,then Scott James cancelled.:D Worse thing,he thinks HE,S hard done by....lol:D jokers ,jokers jokers

Done a number of deals with actual managers recently !

GC4: Feyenoord sell Moutinho (91) to Benfica in a deal which saw Lichtsteiner (90) + Strootman (89) come to me.

Pretty damn happy with that considering I have Ramires (91), Modric (93), Sissoko (89), Veratti (87) and a few others as out and out CMs already along with Pjanic (90), Gotze (91), Munian (90) + Willian (90) who can also play in a more attacking role.

Also brought in Hazard in GC40 for Torres (92) + Lloris (92).

Got De Gea in goal and a few other strikers too ;) all good.