• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

As of today it cost's a whopping....

£16.50

to pre-reserve a team in a GC

I don't blame SM for doing this, some people are desperate for a good team so it only makes sense from a business point of view to up their price if people are going to pay. If people stopped paying it wouldn't be long before the price was dropped back down.

I don't blame SM for doing this' date=' some people are desperate for a good team so it only makes sense from a business point of view to up their price if people are going to pay. If people stopped paying it wouldn't be long before the price was dropped back down.[/quote']

It's a similar scenario to football in real life.

Tickets for Premiership matches can cost a fortune.

As fans we get slightly ripped off but clubs know we'll pay so they take advantage.

SM are raking in the money right now.

£16.50 is crazy!!!

But they are using a simple "supply the demand" strategy & it's working well for them!

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05271374#financials

I'd probably have taken the same route mind if it meant 30k in the company bank and over 100k's worth of assets.

Great move for the business' date=' really disappointing move for those of us who have been here for 5+ years and watch the game gradually lose what made it so addictive and enjoyable.[/quote']

fold it.. start again.. fold it.. start again..

uw uw uw :P ..

I don't blame SM for doing this' date=' some people are desperate for a good team so it only makes sense from a business point of view to up their price if people are going to pay. If people stopped paying it wouldn't be long before the price was dropped back down.[/quote']

We're currently in a global recession so to say"it's good business sense" to rise your prices by 30% is very foolish.

Gold membership remains good value but £16.50 to pre-reserve a team is crazy,yesterday it was £12.50.And due to the change in value of credits any team has risen from £2.50 to £3.50 in the current financial situation that's not looking after your customers.

We're currently in a global recession so to say"it's good business sense" to rise your prices by 30% is very foolish.

Gold membership remains good value but £16.50 to pre-reserve a team is crazy' date='yesterday it was £12.50.And due to the change in value of credits any team has risen from £2.50 to £3.50 in the current financial situation that's not looking after your customers.[/quote']

put it this way.. theres bin people on this site from 2005 im sure.. wen did game start?..

soccermanager ltd came about 2004 by them records..

bet its gone thro some companies prior in its time lol ;) ..

they hav more than wots on there deffo..

squash ya company move 2 another simple..

Gold membership remains good value but £16.50 to pre-reserve a team is crazy' date='yesterday it was £12.50.And due to the change in value of credits any team has risen from £2.50 to £3.50 in the current financial situation that's not looking after your customers.[/quote']

How can you say it is foolish if people will still pay to reserve these teams? If I was SM I would be doing the exact same thing and try and make as much money as possible.

How can you say it is foolish if people will still pay to reserve these teams? If I was SM I would be doing the exact same thing and try and make as much money as possible.

Because any sensible business looks after its customers especially when times are hard.Take a look at any business currently operating and there cutting costs and lowering prices to look after current customers and attract new ones.

If you think it's good business sense to rise your prices by 30%+ in one day and really try and cash in on your customer's you my friend do not no much about business.

Because any sensible business looks after its customers especially when times are hard.Take a look at any business currently operating and there cutting costs and lowering prices to look after current customers and attract new ones.

If you think it's good business sense to rise your prices by 30%+ in one day and really try and cash in on your customer's you my friend do not no much about business.

It is simple supply and demand. There is a limited supply of these top clubs in GC's and there is a massive demand for them so it is obvious that they will increase the prices as they will still make money and the customers will still be happy to pay this new price.

I think it wouldn't make business sense to cut the price as the demand is high so why reduce your profits when there is no need to. Although I agree that they should do things to try and get more members, maybe offer them memberships or a club at a reduced price for their first purchase then after they take up their initial offer they have to pay full price.

It is simple supply and demand. There is a limited supply of these top clubs in GC's and there is a massive demand for them so it is obvious that they will increase the prices as they will still make money and the customers will still be happy to pay this new price.

I think it wouldn't make business sense to cut the price as the demand is high so why reduce your profits when there is no need to. Although I agree that they should do things to try and get more members' date=' maybe offer them memberships or a club at a reduced price for their first purchase then after they take up their initial offer they have to pay full price.[/quote']

In all honesty anybody who pays £16.50 to reserve a club on this game in a new Gold Championship must be little short of crackers :o:o

In all honesty anybody who pays £16.50 to reserve a club on this game in a new Gold Championship must be little short of crackers :o:o

Agreed. If that's a typical price people are paying per good club, I shudder to think how much that account of Bosanceros' would have been worth in todays climate.

Whys it strange?

Instead of prejudging a situation' date=' ask the question like I did and you will find out that its part of a 2 part deal for llorente.

Bernard is the first part where he is being bought for 14mln.[/quote']

Nothing strange at all, as i said do a bit of research on buyers and sellers and might uncover something, so if you research you then find out what you disclosed, i didn't pre judge a situation, i simply said research and you get the answer to a question,

GC13: Bruno Cesar hits a late winner against Juve as the 3rd team get a run-out due to the ridiculous schedule. That goal seals Roma's 11th League title in a row :D!

However there was some bad news as the first team went out of the cup to an unmanaged team via a penalty shoot-out last night. SMFA Cup Semi Final 2nd leg tomorrow against Shels' Atletico.

Slipped up with both Lyon sides in 152 and 169 tonight scuppering the chance to keep pressure on the league leaders allowing them to extend their leads at the top of the table.

Also slipped up in the title chase in 75 against Manchester United. Carroll scored his 23rd goal of the season although we are now 3rd, 12 points off the leaders Tottenham.

Big game tomorrow night in 193. Ajax face BSC Young Boys in the Semi Final of the SMFA Shield. 1-0 down after the first leg but with our league campaign already over I am able to field my strongest XI available (minus Taison, de Jong, Tettey and Babel) so hopeful to overturn the first leg result and set up a tie against either Liverpool or Barcelona in the Final.

I'm looking to do some deals in the following GCs:

• GC 31 - AEK Athens

Having a lot depth there already, I'm looking to improve my squad. So my targets would be players rated 90 and above or talented young players rated 89. I could offer two or three players that are rated 88 or some young talents rated lower such as
    Holzhauser
    Rüdiger
    Eisfeld
    , Polter, Baumann,
    Son
    Kiyotake
    , Tachtsidis or
    Bittencourt
    . Just take a look at my squad.

• GC 65 - VfB Stuttgart

Similar to the above mentioned AEK, I'm having a big squad with many players being rated 88 or 89 already. So again I'm looking to improve my squad with players rated 90 and above. Interesting players that I could offer are (amongst others):
    Vedad Ibisevic
    Sidney Sam
    Ilkay Gündogan
    Julian Schieber
    , Konstantin Rausch and (for those who would need a GK) either Sven Ulreich or Gorka Iraizoz. I could also offer some talents like
    Son
    Rode
    or
    Kirchhoff

• GC 83 - FC Barcelona

As it is a Barcelona, I'm pretty pleased with my first team there. However I'm looking to improve the second team a bit. My main targets would be a forward rated 90 or higher, a CM rated 90 or higher and a CB rated 90 or higher. Available are basically all players rated 89 or lower. Interesting players might be Keita,
    Amalfitano
    Azplicueta
    , Tasci,
    Wollscheid
    , Helmes, Kombarov,
    ter Stegen
    Leno
    , Tabanou,
    Son
    Kirchhoff

I also could imagine making a deal that brings in a high rated (92+) forward. I could offer
    Piszczek
    Jesus Navas
    and/or
    Gervinho
    (depending on the forward).

Just contact me via PM either here or in-game.

GC 13 - Darlington

Just taken my Darlington to the SMFA Cup final where we will take on the mighty Roma that boast names such as Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Rooney etc. Unfortunately, our league form has had to suffer, as a result we have missed out on the opportunity to win the league but have secured a place in the top four.

I am looking forward to the final and have a chance of winning my first major European trophy ever.

First teamers, Maxi Pereira and Mamadou Sakho will return for the final so we should be able to field our strongest XI barring a disaster in our last league fixture against Blackburn.

Cannot wait!

Big game tomorrow night in 193. Ajax face BSC Young Boys in the Semi Final of the SMFA Shield. 1-0 down after the first leg but with our league campaign already over I am able to field my strongest XI available (minus Taison' date=' de Jong, Tettey and Babel) so hopeful to overturn the first leg result and set up a tie against either Liverpool or Barcelona in the Final.[/quote']Ajax will face Liverpool next Monday after beating BSC Young Boys. Second leg ended 1-0 at the Amsterdam ArenA and went to penalties where we won 5-3.

We've got no games before that final, while Liverpool have 3 games.