Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Im 5th' date=' 12th, 16th, 17th & 34th in top 50 goal managers :P (total points)

Teb is smashing it with Spartak.[/quote']

I was looking at that the other day. I have 4 teams in the top 50, highest being my Roma who are 7th. Quite surprised how high they are considering they aren't in the first 10 GCs and they weren't exactly made every day back then!

Edit: You have the most with 5 though!

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

I was looking at that the other day. I have 4 teams in the top 50' date=' highest being my Roma who are 7th. Quite surprised how high they are considering they aren't in the first 10 GCs and they weren't exactly made every day back then!

Edit: You have the most with 5 though![/quote']

Your right all of mine are GC10 and under, although I didnt have Milan in GC1 and Liverpool in GC6 from the start. I was at other clubs for a while, cant remember how long though!

I wish the average point leader board was after like 100 games.

Your right all of mine are GC10 and under' date=' although I didnt have Milan in GC1 and Liverpool in GC6 from the start. I was at other clubs for a while, cant remember how long though!

I wish the average point leader board was after like 100 games.[/quote']

Weren't Milan and Liverpool on the account you got off someone? I think it was Dan (can't remember the last name).

Yeah the average points is quite dumb when people get on there after only 15-20 games.

Weren't Milan and Liverpool on the account you got off someone? I think it was Dan (can't remember the last name).

Yeah the average points is quite dumb when people get on there after only 15-20 games.

Nope think you may be confusing me for someone else.

The accounts I have are all mine and always have been. I was at FC Koln in GC1 on the same account I am Milan, and I was at Dinamo Zagreb in GC6 on my other account which Liverpool is on.

Is that the bench mark ? 15 games ?

Pointless, after a season would be much better. Id prefer it higher but anything is better than what it is now.

Nope think you may be confusing me for someone else.

The accounts I have are all mine and always have been. I was at FC Koln in GC1 on the same account I am Milan' date=' and I was at Dinamo Zagreb in GC6 on my other account which Liverpool is on.

Is that the bench mark ? 15 games ?

Pointless, after a season would be much better. Id prefer it higher but anything is better than what it is now.[/quote']

Yeah I'm thinking about Dai.

And not sure, I just saw someone on there after 19 games.

GC106 Benfica

Sadly noone took over a good Bremen side, and they were eventually raided by myself and a few other teams, managed to win bidding wars for Ramires and Rolando, meaning I spent a combined 65 million for the two. My squad is now looking like this:

636296_Sport_Lisboa_e_Benfica_-_SAD.jpg

With the likes of: Jose Enrique, Maxi Pereira, Luisao, Capoue, Afellay, Valero, Cardozo all commanding spots on the bench.

Looking to bring a 89+ top keeper in, and I'm willing to use any of my subs to get a deal done!

Not a good night as lost out on two potential honours ....

GC14

Holland & Belgium Charity Shield

FEYENOORD 2 - 2 ANDERLECHT(Anderlecht win on pens)

Despite having 72% possession and 44 shots that included 25 on target, SMFA Champions Cup holders Feyenoord conspire to only draw with Anderlecht allowing them to take the charity shield on penalties. Annoying.

AM NOW LOOKING TO "GO DUTCH" WITH THIS SIDE SO WANTING TO TRADE OUT ALL NON-DUTCH PLAYERS - GET IN TOUCH IF YOU ARE IN THIS GC AND HAVE ANY DUTCH PLAYERS OF VALUE.

GC107

Mexican Cup Final

MONTERREY 0 - 1 TIGRES

After both ray and I lost out to Pumas in the league, we both had a chance for some level of redemption as we met in the Mexican cup final tonight. Took a chance on a 4-2-4 to try and counter Ray's 3-5-2 and failed as his side took the honour thanks to the solitary goal which, in fairness, could have been more.

There is always next season and I'm still very much loving my mighty Mexicans!

GC107

Mexican Cup Final

MONTERREY 0 - 1 TIGRES

After both ray and I lost out to Pumas in the league' date=' we both had a chance for some level of redemption as we met in the Mexican cup final tonight. Took a chance on a 4-2-4 to try and counter Ray's 3-5-2 and failed as his side took the honour thanks to the solitary goal which, in fairness, could have been more.

There is always next season and I'm still very much loving my mighty Mexicans![/quote']

This GC is doing my nut in!

The more I improve my Arsenal the worse my results get,loads of risers this season and now have a 94rtd team that just keeps on losing.

Lost the English Cup Final to an 88rtd NMF Everton who have 2 shots on target and win 2-0.....:o

After losing 2 SMFA Cup Finals,Arsenal head into there 3rd next week with confidence and optimism at an all time low.

Taken on a few new projects lately some interesting sides, all had decent bases but need to be taken on to the next level which I aim to do.

Port Vale Gc 123

A team who has been around the block formerly a forumers, a nice side but with plenty of scope for improvement. Got them 20M in debt and have proceeded in the first seven weeks in charge to get rid for cash the likes of Compper, Kucka, Krasic and Gago being the highest profile all in all raising 107M.

Most of that was invested in the whopping 49M capture of Vidal, The other high profile capture being Michu. Managed to be in a flood of healthy risers in the likes of Iturra, Hemed, to support the squad whilst the capture of Leon Osman for a little under 5M was an absolute steal.

Started the season in League two given the relegation last season and since taking them over in pre-season we have had an indifferent start to the League campaign although we sit only four points from the top after ten games we currently lie in 8th, although we have progressed to the last eight of the English Shield including the high profile defeat of Manchester United.

Hamilton Acidemicals- GC 16

Never really had a scottish side but the chance to take on this promising side was a chance to good to turn down. A very reasonable base in terms of some quality youngsters many of whom are at a low rating, only made a couple of forrays into the market with the additions of Ashley Williams, Faroni, Hemed and Koulibaly being the highest profile. Squad was to large with to little quality so have proceeded to sell twenty players to again rescue the club who were in debt but now on a sound financial footing and prepered for any opportunities which may arise in the Market.

Had great start to the League with eight wins and a draw since taking over as we sit top from Celtic with half the season gone. Unfortunatly despite an impressive against the odds wins against Inter and Schalke we could not qualify for the last sixteen in the Champions League as defeat to AIK proved our undoing.

FC Nurnberg- GC 79

Another decent side with a decent base, although a squad riddled with dead wood and in severe finacial difficulties. Managed to clear out an astonishing 87 players bringing in a heavy amount the highest profile departures being Bas Dost, Mlapa, Trapp, Marchetti and Sakai.

Been very busy in a market which has been very active and have managed to bring in some top talent some for very reasonable cash deals from unmanaged sides in the likes of Weidenfeller, Isimat-Marin, Cleverley, Raheem Sterling, Capoue and Wilfred Bony beating off fierce competition.

Again very promising start League form has been superb as we have gone on a great run to go from 14th to challenging for a Champions League spot, while progressing smoothly so far in the German Cup and I feel confident the squad will be good enough with a bit more TLC to really challenge for the Bundesliga next season.

Taken on a few new projects lately some interesting sides' date=' all had decent bases but need to be taken on to the next level which I aim to do.

[b']Port Vale Gc 123[/b]

A team who has been around the block formerly a forumers, a nice side but with plenty of scope for improvement. Got them 20M in debt and have proceeded in the first seven weeks in charge to get rid for cash the likes of Compper, Kucka, Krasic and Gago being the highest profile all in all raising 107M.

Most of that was invested in the whopping 49M capture of Vidal, The other high profile capture being Michu. Managed to be in a flood of healthy risers in the likes of Iturra, Hemed, to support the squad whilst the capture of Leon Osman for a little under 5M was an absolute steal.

Started the season in League two given the relegation last season and since taking them over in pre-season we have had an indifferent start to the League campaign although we sit only four points from the top after ten games we currently lie in 8th, although we have progressed to the last eight of the English Shield including the high profile defeat of Manchester United.

Thank god you have these. Look after them mate :)

How come they are in league 2 though?

Thank god you have these. Look after them mate :)

How come they are in league 2 though?

Because Lord Vader who was the last manager got them relegated :o

Dont worry Im sure they wont be in Div 2 for long (hopefully) :o

Squad was decent but with Michu, Vidal and got another couple of irons in the fire so to speak, I am pretty confident that I can get promoted and next season challenge for the top 4, I never set anything but lofty ambitions.

Because Lord Vader who was the last manager got them relegated :o

Dont worry Im sure they wont be in Div 2 for long (hopefully) :o

Squad was decent but with Michu' date=' Vidal and got another couple of irons in the fire so to speak, I am pretty confident that I can get promoted and next season challenge for the top 4, I never set anything but lofty ambitions.[/quote']

To be fair I left them in a bit of a pickle when he took over :o

The squad is definitely capable of top 4 in the Premier League mate, so go for it :P

Taken on a few new projects lately some interesting sides' date=' all had decent bases but need to be taken on to the next level which I aim to do.

[b']Hamilton Acidemicals- GC 16[/b]

Never really had a scottish side but the chance to take on this promising side was a chance to good to turn down. A very reasonable base in terms of some quality youngsters many of whom are at a low rating, only made a couple of forrays into the market with the additions of Ashley Williams, Faroni, Hemed and Koulibaly being the highest profile. Squad was to large with to little quality so have proceeded to sell twenty players to again rescue the club who were in debt but now on a sound financial footing and prepered for any opportunities which may arise in the Market.

Had great start to the League with eight wins and a draw since taking over as we sit top from Celtic with half the season gone. Unfortunatly despite an impressive against the odds wins against Inter and Schalke we could not qualify for the last sixteen in the Champions League as defeat to AIK proved our undoing.

Good luck with bringing Hamilton onto the "next level" as you describe. Be interesting to know what that "next level" is. I took them over when they were 8th in the league to qualify for the champions league you just got knocked out of. Even after winning the SMFA Shield and SMFA super cup within 50 games with an average first team rating of 87.. I had to resign after no stadium increase of 6,7800 or whatever. Still, if winning the SPL is the next level, good luck to you. ;)

Good luck with bringing Hamilton onto the "next level" as you describe. Be interesting to know what that "next level" is. I took them over when they were 8th in the league to qualify for the champions league you just got knocked out of. Even after winning the SMFA Shield and SMFA super cup within 50 games with an average first team rating of 87.. I had to resign after no stadium increase of 6' date='7800 or whatever. Still, if winning the SPL is the next level, good luck to you. ;)[/quote']

someones annoyed :P