Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Good luck with bringing Hamilton onto the "next level" as you describe. Be interesting to know what that "next level" is. I took them over when they were 8th in the league to qualify for the champions league you just got knocked out of. Even after winning the SMFA Shield and SMFA super cup within 50 games with an average first team rating of 87.. I had to resign after no stadium increase of 6' date='7800 or whatever. Still, if winning the SPL is the next level, good luck to you. ;)[/quote']

What you mean got knocked out of when after three games when I joined Hamilton had zero points and I then beat Internazionale and Schalke who are significantly better. Think I know who is to blame. :rolleyes:

TBH I dont really think I need any advice on how to take a side onto the next level I think my record in the game with the squads I build, the trophies I win speak for themselves, You can only dream of doing the types of jobs I have with my Darlington, Barnsley, Kaiserslauten etc.....

yes winning the SPL will be a start (something you didn't do and I am sure Celtic wil have something to say about that) and that will be followed by trophies, a SIGNIFICANT improvement to the first XI and Champions League qualifacation and progression to the later stages.

You also wont see my crying like a baby and quitting because they dont give a stadium increase, when the going gets tough finances were crumbling you quit.....instead of having the cajones to stick around and do something about it..........very impressive :rolleyes:

Not to mention the reason why the club is in such a state is because of you and your reckless spending who goes out and buys a high rated dropper such as Pato for 72.2M with a club like Hamilton...seriously anybody can do a short term thing stick it out and make a real job of it.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Gold Championship 147: My favourite GC team, as I have built a solid team since taking over them when the gameworld was created. Tonight I managed to book my place in the final of the SMFA Shield in which I will face Udinese. I managed to beat fellow Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb with after a 1-1 draw gave me a 2-1 aggregate victory. Hopefully I can finish the job off in 8 days time, in a final that will be played at Wembley.

My Current XI:

Begovic(89)

Juanfran(90) Williams(88) Perrin(88)

Benat(89)

Neves(88) Mulumbu(88) Corgnet(88) Hunt(89)

Lens(89) Van Wolfswinkel(88)*

Others: Larsson(88), M'Bengue(88), Pina(87), Ruben(87), Wernbloom(87), Birsa(87), Perquis(87), Fabio(86)* and some decent little youngsters like Diego Reyes, Ross Barkley and Yesil.

*on loan

Would love it if some more forumers joined this setup in Croatia as many did at the start and only me and Stifler have stuck it out. Would be great to play more managed teams. I will happily help anyone out with some ok loans.

Have been a long time ago since I posted news about my Bradford, as I am with a little more time, decided to update things.

Last season(2nd on Div1) almost was a fantastic season... but it ended in disgrace. Was top of the league around 30 games and unfortunately lost the league on the last game.. also lost the advantage I had won in 1st leg of SMFA Cup S/F to be knocked out at home in the 2nd leg.. a very dark week.

To put things behind the back have done a couple of deals to try improve my squad. Swapped M'Bengue for Moses. Bought Tremoulinas for 6M as his replacement. Also bought Miguel Veloso for 9M.. with this extra man in midfield swapped KPBoateng and Podolski for Tevez.. Spent 12M on Anyukov and 9M on Jesus Gamez.

This is my "starting lineup" :

641485_Bradford_City.jpg

The other 88+ rated players that I have are: Abate, Ben Arfa, Veloso, Lars Bender, Kuranyi, Wollscheid, Chedjou, Tremoulinas, De Bruyne, Marvin Martin, Gamez, Gonalons, Paulinho, Danilo, Toprak, Jantsche, Abdenour, Vossen and Narsingh.. ^^

I am very short in terms of forwards.. and I have too much RB's... The total squad value(including the loaned out players) is already almost 520Millions!

Right now I am 1st in the league after 7games and hope end the season there for a change.

Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Really? 2 in a row created just now..

Spurs will be dropped in a few in the newest gc..

I had not SM credits and I see that Barcelona was available also after 5 minutes' date=' so I had the time to buy SM credits and reserve a Barcelona (finally).

Incredible, Barcelona was available after 7-8 minutes. Incredible.

Maybe I wasted my money. :o

Re: Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I had not SM credits and I see that Barcelona was available also after 5 minutes' date=' so I had the time to buy SM credits and reserve a Barcelona (finally).

Incredible, Barcelona was available after 7-8 minutes. Incredible.

Maybe I wasted my money. :o

Yeah, it's not a good sign lol, but I think it's been obvious for months now where this is going.

With that said, you might still enjoy your barca, it all comes down to what you want from this game.

Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

It's definitely less enjoyable in a new GC............(or easier' date=' whatever way you want to look at it)[/quote']

I agree. But if you want a big team in a gold, you are "obligated" to reserve a great team in the new GCs... is the only solution.

I agree. But if you want a big team in a gold' date=' you are "obligated" to reserve a great team in the new GCs... is the only solution.[/quote']

personally i disagree. i dont think it is the only soloution. about 6 months back, i only managed good teams in what were new GC's at the time, but due to their creation times, and the gameworld becoming alot less active due to this, caused me to leave all my teams.

so i then decided to start afresh, in older Gc's, and ever since i have been managing in older worlds and enjoying it far more. i have managed to find alot of very good GC teams in older worlds available, and also have managed to build a couple up. However, i recentley took tottenham in gc 283, and i think there has been a massive improvement since i left newer gc's a few months back.

so my advice is that if you are not enjoying new GC's, quit the teams and move to older gold gameworlds. they are in many ways just as fun.

there are a couple of Gc's that i am in that are stand outs for me in terms of the forum, transfer activity etc. there is obviously GC1 (which i no longer manage in) which is a fantastic gameworld, probably one of the best. and another i recomend is GC19, which also has alot of great managers and regular forumers.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

personally i disagree. i dont think it is the only soloution. about 6 months back' date=' i only managed good teams in what were new GC's at the time, but due to their creation times, and the gameworld becoming alot less active due to this, caused me to leave all my teams.

so i then decided to start afresh, in older Gc's, and ever since i have been managing in older worlds and enjoying it far more. i have managed to find alot of very good GC teams in older worlds available, and also have managed to build a couple up. However, i recentley took tottenham in gc 283, and i think there has been a massive improvement since i left newer gc's a few months back.

so my advice is that if you are not enjoying new GC's, quit the teams and move to older gold gameworlds. they are in many ways just as fun.

there are a couple of Gc's that i am in that are stand outs for me in terms of the forum, transfer activity etc. there is obviously GC1 (which i no longer manage in) which is a fantastic gameworld, probably one of the best. and another i recomend is GC19, which also has alot of great managers and regular forumers.[/quote']

I mean that is almost impossible take a Barcelona, a Real Madrid, a United in a old GC, so is a good idea reserve a great team in the new GC.

I agree. But if you want a big team in a gold' date=' you are "obligated" to reserve a great team in the new GCs... is the only solution.[/quote']

I've got a Valencia recently without paying to buy one... in a GC. It's possible, you've just got to search each time you log in for new teams.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I've got a Valencia recently without paying to buy one... in a GC. It's possible' date=' you've just got to search each time you log in for new teams.[/quote']

Valencia is not a "big", compared with Barça, Real, United, Bayern, City and others.

What you mean got knocked out of when after three games when I joined Hamilton had zero points and I then beat Internazionale and Schalke who are significantly better. Think I know who is to blame. :rolleyes:

TBH I dont really think I need any advice on how to take a side onto the next level I think my record in the game with the squads I build' date=' the trophies I win speak for themselves, You can only dream of doing the types of jobs I have with my Darlington, Barnsley, Kaiserslauten etc.....

yes winning the SPL will be a start (something you didn't do and I am sure Celtic wil have something to say about that) and that will be followed by trophies, a SIGNIFICANT improvement to the first XI and Champions League qualifacation and progression to the later stages.

You also wont see my crying like a baby and quitting because they dont give a stadium increase, when the going gets tough finances were crumbling you quit.....instead of having the cajones to stick around and do something about it..........very impressive :rolleyes:

Not to mention the reason why the club is in such a state is because of you and your reckless spending who goes out and buys a high rated dropper such as Pato for 72.2M with a club like Hamilton...seriously anybody can do a short term thing stick it out and make a real job of it.[/quote']

There was no point in my message I was giving you advice on how to take a team to the next level. So I'm not sure you can reject non existent advice. Maybe you can, is it part of Quantum physics? Rejecting the non existent.. I can, and do, only dream about the types of jobs you have done with the fabled teams above. It's my most fervent desire. I'll try and do a "real job" on this computer game one day, I don't know what I've been thinking of just playing it as a game. That's the last time I'll fritter away imaginary money on "reckless spending". Good luck to you once again and thanks for setting me straight!

I get msg from SMFA i am linked with some acc:mad:,and there is no option to reply,very nice work by SMFA:mad:,as far as i am concerned they can ban that other acc,what is point sending msg if u cant reply,with whom,why,what evidence.........what bunch of cr.....

GC 159 Arsenal:

Alot has happend since I last posted, think it has been 4 months now..

Anyway, a couple of deals has been done J.Ayew and G.Ramirez left with Chicarito coming in.

Lisandro (25 M) and Zhirkov (18 M) was flogged off to bring in some funds and cut down a little on the wages. Debuchy was brought in for 27M tho which finally gave me a backup RB to Sagna.

There's also a midfielder on the way in for a hefty amount of cash. In the end I probably won't have cut down on wages, but atleast it brought me more satisfiying players.

Starting Xl looks something like this:

647619_Arsenal.jpg

Subs: M'vila, Koscielny, Chicarito, Ox-Chambo, Giroud, Debuchy, Giovinco, Clasie. Those are the ones worth of note anyway.

Oh, plus that midfielder that should complete his move any minute now..

I know there's a couple of forumers in this gc.. and this last bit is to you.

I've got quality depth and love how I can compete on all fronts. But I wouldn't mind dealing to improve my first eleven. Could do 2 for 1's if anyone is interested.. Mainly looking for a fullback or a central mid but for a worldclass player I'd be interested in whatever position.