• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1

Latin Americas League

TOLUCA

There can't have been many clubs more neglected than Toluca in GC 1.

Unmanaged from 15th March 2010 - 4th September 2012

The squad was depleted but there was plenty of money to spend.

I rebuilt the squad, sold or traded players for huge profit & got some great loanees from Tebthereb!!

...................................................................................................

Season 16, my first full season in charge

Toluca win the Latin Americas Shield..

{The clubs first ever trophy}

And they finish 5th in the league..

{So close to a top 4 finish and qualification for the SMFA Shield,

but just missed out}

This club has become one of my favourite projects in SM,

alongside Leyton Orient in GC10.

GC 157

Manchester City couldn't prevent a defeat to Galatasaray tonight' date=' lost 2-1 in round 1 of the SMFA Champions cup. But since I won the first leg 5-1, I advance with 6-3 on aggragete.

Ninsters Chelsea waiting in the Quarter final. Good luck buddy :)[/quote']

I'll need it as recent form has been atrocious, all gone wrong since i got rid of mascherano and cole been out injured. Even slipping down the league table :)

I'll need it as recent form has been atrocious' date=' all gone wrong since i got rid of mascherano and cole been out injured. Even slipping down the league table :)[/quote']

Yeah I had a really rocky start of the campaign and thought the league was screwed. But now I'm back in the title race again :)

Quick update on a couple of project sides that I've taken on in the past few months.....

GC62

BARNET F.C.

In charge since - 7th April 2012

Games played - 90

Av Points - 2.77

Took over this run of the mill Barnet a little under a year ago. Have gained promotion to division 4 and am currently romping the league (as you would expect) to continue my climb up the divisions.

Acquired a few decent players after my first few rounds of trading risers to raise funds, current first XI is as follows (no loans, all owned)....

62BARNET-1_zpsff14b43e.jpg

GC95

SPARTA ROTTERDAM

In charge since - 25th November 2012

Games played - 24

Av Points - 2.29

Not been at Sparta as long and have completed just 1 round of trading. They did have Kevin Strootman and about £60m to spend so had something to work with. Traded Strootman for Pastore and Gignac and have acquired some decent youngsters and solid pro's.

Currently lead the way in an empty Division 2 in Holland and should be in a position to challenge for the Title next year with a few additions/rises.

95SPARTA_zps99d4dbda.jpg

200px-Boavista_F.C._logo.svg.png

Boavista in GC23 is another project side that I have had for a while - since May 2011 to be precise. 187 games later and I am really pleased with the squad that is developing.

Portugal is a very competitive division in GC23 so the challenge is extra appealing - and I do love an 'oddball' side like this. Each to their own I suppose but I firmly believe the biggest challenge on SM is taking nothing sides to something .... I've never been a fan of taking big clubs as most of the work is already done.

But again, each to their own.

First team looks like the below which may be a little underwhelming to some but I'm really pleased - Boavista had no saleable assets and very little cash to work with so I've been trading up for over 18 months just to get to this stage :)

23Boavista_zps36831fbf.jpg

Also have the likes of Romulo, van Rhijn, Malgarejo, Emenike, E Vargas, Canas, Stepanenko, Jese, Buttner, Kacaniklic, H Herrera, Powell and a few others to fill out the squad.

Hopefully looking to challenge for the title this year, but with quality Benfica, Porto and Sporting sides that you would expect plus a quality Belenenses built by David Duarte and a very competitive Braga, I would be punching above my weight.

SMFA Qualification would be a decent result.

200px-Boavista_F.C._logo.svg.png

Boavista in GC23 is another project side that I have had for a while - since May 2011 to be precise. 187 games later and I am really pleased with the squad that is developing.

Portugal is a very competitive division in GC23 so the challenge is extra appealing - and I do love an 'oddball' side like this. Each to their own I suppose but I firmly believe the biggest challenge on SM is taking nothing sides to something .... I've never been a fan of taking big clubs as most of the work is already done.

But again' date=' each to their own.

First team looks like the below which may be a little underwhelming to some but I'm really pleased - Boavista had no saleable assets and very little cash to work with so I've been trading up for over 18 months just to get to this stage :)

[img']http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/mike270482/23Boavista_zps36831fbf.jpg[/img]

Also have the likes of Romulo, van Rhijn, Malgarejo, Emenike, E Vargas, Canas, Stepanenko, Jese, Buttner, Kacaniklic, H Herrera, Powell and a few others to fill out the squad.

Hopefully looking to challenge for the title this year, but with quality Benfica, Porto and Sporting sides that you would expect plus a quality Belenenses built by David Duarte and a very competitive Braga, I would be punching above my weight.

SMFA Qualification would be a decent result.

I would say it's competitive only for the 2nd place as the first have been easily mine ;) 4 consecutive league wins and at least 3 trophies in the last 3 seasons says much :P

Good luck for the new season. :)

GC 159 Manchester City:

Just made my first signing this season. De Rossi coming in, with Luiz and Xhaka leaving.

I'm very satisfied with the deal, and can only hope it won't get reversed.

Midfield is looking beastly now with Schweinsteiger, De Rossi, Yaya and Lampard to choose from. Altough, De Rossi will probably play as CB for aslong as he keeps that possition.

The amount of credit giving is unreal and is really spoiling the game. Should be an option to report this as not right but SM are earning more from it so why stop it.

Its becoming so common that its more likely that SM will include an option to give SM credits in a transfer deal as well as players and cash.It's happening so often at the moment I'm not even sure if its illegal or not anymore.

GC2: Wigan promoted to the Premier League!!!

This might be my worst team but the one I'm most pleased with. Started with 1 84, I've sold on everyone I started with.

Its been impossible for me to buy anyone 88 or higher, but Traore, Consigli, Cigarini, Siqueira and Emenike have all reached that since joinging.

Just looking for some advice really.

Starting playing this game again and im looking to start some new teams in GC's. Looking for the most competitive GC's with the most activity and forum members on?

Any advice really on GC's.

gc 19

gc 1

these are the two best gc's that i currently know of.

also, i just quit a nice bayer leverkusen in gc 71 in order to take another team in that GC. u could try and get that team, id like some competition in that gameworld.