Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

gc 19

gc 1

these are the two best gc's that i currently know of.

also' date=' i just quit a nice bayer leverkusen in gc 71 in order to take another team in that GC. u could try and get that team, id like some competition in that gameworld.[/quote']

I'd say Germany GC 100 aswell.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Just looking for some advice really.

Starting playing this game again and im looking to start some new teams in GC's. Looking for the most competitive GC's with the most activity and forum members on?

Any advice really on GC's.

Germany 100

England 69

England 28

England 19

France 222

GC 150... lots of active members still.

Or for just a good game world... EC7777

GC 154 Schalke

Took me 3 seasons before I won anything, but now I've finally taken home both the league and the SMFA Cup after beating Arsenal on penalties in the final.

Preparations for next season is already underway. Steven Gerrard has joined from an external side for 27M and I've just struck a deal with Barcelona over Iniesta which sees Eden Hazard and KJH head the other way.

Gold Championship 10

LEYTON ORIENT ARE PROMOTED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

For the first time since the early 1980's,

Leyton Orient will be playing in the 2nd tier of English football next season.

Manager Jose Nowinho has led the O's to 2 consecutive promotions

and league titles, winning League Two & League One.

Orient Chairman Barry Hearn said...

"It's been 2 amazing seasons, Jose has done a phenomenal job.

He's already turned down managerial offers from "bigger" clubs in England & Spain. I hope he avoids the temptation to leave us now.

I want him to take Orient into the Premier League!!!"

PRESS CONFERENCE

Reporter 1..

"Congratulations Jose."

Nowinho..

"Thank you."

Reporter 2..

"How did you manage to achieve these back to back league titles?"

Nowinho..

"Last season laid the foundations.

We bought good free agents and did great trade deals.

Sold for profit and bought in even better players.

Before this season started, we already had a squad ready to challenge.

But i've got to thank the managers of Drogheda & Steaua for their loanees.

Without those 3 loan players, we would've struggled."

Reporter 3..

"Are you going to leave for a bigger club?"

Nowinho..

"I've put too much time and effort into this to bail now."

Reporter 4..

"Your chairman wants promotion to the Premier League.

Is that realistic?"

Nowinho..

"I expect playoffs as a minimum next season.

Automatic promotion won't be easy.

Leyton Orient are a tiny club.

The fact we've reached the Championship is already great success.

I will take this club to the Prem, I don't know how long that will take."

Seems like GCs are getting a bit easier. I took over Lazio in GC 302 on opening day just three days ago looking to make it a deep squad. This is what it now looks like:

*=new signing

#=transfer listed, will leave for cash as soon as there's an offer

Starting XI

89-Marchetti

88-Konko

89-Dias

89-Lulic

90-Ledesma

89-Candreva

*89-Harnik

89-Mauri

91-Klose

91-Hernanes

*89-Cleiton Xavier

*D-88 Leandro Fernandez

D-88 Biava

#D-88 Ciani

#M-88 Cana

M-88 Gonzalez

*F-88 Cerci

*D-87 Alvaro (23 year old from Zaragoza)

#D-87 Stankevicius

*M-87 Gebre Selaissie

*F-87 Bacca

#M-86 Brocchi

*F-86 Immobile

D-85 Cavanda

#M-85 Pereirinha

#M-85 Foggia

*M-85 Sahan

#F-85 Saha

That's only 85+ players, and all the original guys are still on loan. If you calculate, it means I've only lost 5 players: Ederson, Zarate, Diakite, Radu and Kozar. I also still have a ton of cash and will only add when the dead weight (Foggia, Saha, Stankevicius, Brocchi, Cana, Ciani, ...) are gone.

Aint got the time with everything going on to stay on top of all my sides so a few will have to be culled.

These are all AMAZING squads and I relaly hope somebody looks after them properly so keep a look out for them. (No Numpties please, committed managers only)

Sampdoria- GC 70

Auxerre- GC 56

First to go, cant be bothered to write out the squads, just believe me they are FABULOUS squads.

GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2 .... SCOTLAND

Season 17 in GC 2 .. Begins on Saturday 23rd March,

with an eagerly awaited Old Firm Derby at Celtic park.

Defending champions Celtic,

have won the league title 5 times in the last 6 seasons.

Their bitter rivals Rangers,

have NEVER won the league title!!

Rangers new manager, Jose Nowinho is looking to change that.

Since taking charge exactly a month ago,

Nowinho has signed 34 new players with more to soon come.

After years of financial problems, controversy & disasters,

Rangers fans are excited about their clubs potential again.

Nowinho said...

"The pain of watching Celtic dominate in recent seasons has been unbearable for our fans.... I'm determined to end their pain."

This Old firm derby will be a great indicator of how much Rangers have improved & how much they still need to improve.

Both teams ended last season well and have had good pre-season results.

Celtic have won the last FIVE matches between the 2 clubs.

Will this new look Rangers make the blue half of Glasgow happy again?

...............................................................................................

RANGERS STUN THE CHAMPIONS

Celtic [1] * Rangers [3]

A great start to the new season for Rangers as they beat defending league champions Celtic in the Old Firm derby!!

96WREXHAM-4_zps61e338e3.jpg

LEAGUE

After a truly dire start to the season, Wrexham have rallied and lie in 9th place after 21 games, 5 points adrift of the top four positions in the top flight in England.

Recent Form....

(H) D 1-1 v LIVERPOOL (Damiao)

(A) W 2-0 v FULHAM (Lovren, Damiao)

(H) L 0-1 v EVERTON

(A) W 2-0 v WBA (Damiao, Elm)

(H) W 5-1 v ASTON VILLA (Strootman, Guardado, Emenike, Rojo, Gouffran)

(A) W 4-1 v WEST HAM (Gouffran x2, Ignjovski x2)

DOMESTIC CUPS

Wrexham exited the Shield at the quarter-final stage, a 0-2 defeat at Old Trafford ending the journey for this year.

A 3-1 win over Barnet in round 1 of the cup has handed us a trip to Manchester City in round 2.

CHAMPIONS CUP

Had an equally dismal start to our CL campaign and also got turned over by Juventus in the final group game meaning that we failed to progress from a tough group (along with Barcelona!) as Juve and Flamengo advance.

TRANSFERS

1004.jpg

(Gerrard joins for £27.7m)

We recently picked up Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard from unmanged Galatasaray for a princely £27.7m. Other additions of late have been of youthful/riser variety, with DENSWIL, SOBOL, BEL HASSANI, VELAZQUEZ and ILIEV all joining for a combined £3m.

Wrexham96_zps3e24f096.jpg

GC 159 Arsenal

Been a while since I made any transfers in this gc but last week I made a couple. Both Fellaini and Llorente came in from unmanaged for a total of 65M(!)

Also made a deal with the new City boss, Isco and Ox heading to City with Eden Hazard joining Arsenal.

Still looking to make more deals and I'm mostly looking for a LB or a winger.

So get in contact if you fancy a deal or two.

-Elo's GC Update-

GC 165 - Borussia Dortmund

photo.jpg

After losing 0-1 against unmanaged Freiburg last turn (Seriously, I've no idea what's up with the unmanaged sides in this GC, they're EXTREME!) I needed to push back and reclaim first spot when Kaiserslautern came to visit last night!

Elohim (Forum) steered Dortmund to victory against Kaiserslautern.

Dortmund outclassed Kaiserslautern and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Lukaku had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Nem was on the scoresheet for his side.

Was my 2nd team with Nem,Lukaku,Sahin,Savic etc. that worked their magic against Kaiserslautern when some of my more prominent players was given a well deserved rest!

They did what they were supposed and after this 1-0 win, I'm once again back up to first spot in this division, hoping to get back to back divisional wins!

GC 177 - Juventus

7af8e6f5fce03be3feaa1b6a27bb3817_normal.png

One of my favourite GC teams, without a doubt. First season in charge, I made some quite decent changes to the team, including bringing in Adebayor, Chicarito and Anderson, just to name a few ... They've been performing so extremely well for me this season it's absolutely mindblowing.

Sitting 1st ahead of Genoa and Inter ... 3 points aheead of Genoa and 8 points ahead of Inter!

After their result against Cagliari, Juventus are now unbeaten in 11 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.
Elohim (Forum) steered Juventus to victory against Cagliari.

Juventus outclassed Cagliari and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Buffon had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Hernández and Adebayor were amongst the goalscorers.

Now this is quite interesting, because for the major part of the season, 84 rated Arkadiusz Milik have been my first choice next to Adebayor, simply because he has 9 goals and 3 assists in 13 games, very impressive for such a low rated striker, I've been quite fond of using him, but after Chicarito replaced him for 2 games as he was injured and scored 2 hattricks, I decided to stick with him over Milik next to Adebayor, and it's been working out GREAT!

GC 236 - Borussia Mönchengladbach

org.sport2fans3dwall.bundesligaborussiamonchengladbachanalogclock_icon.png

Previously my "baby" ... love this team, but WOW, they've picked up where they left of last season ... LOSING! ... 3 straight losses in the 3 opening games, and I'm 2nd last in the division...

Elohim (Forum) was unable to prevent a Monchengladbach defeat to Augsburg.

Monchengladbach slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against Augsburg in their Division 1 fixture.

Konoplyanka scored the only goal for Monchengladbach and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

What makes it all worse is that Augsburg was unmanaged ... I really need to get my head back into that setup ... I was in the lead for a major part of last season, just don't know what the hell happened ...

GC 240 - New England Revolution

008f884c03f3ec72058a85070f46c22c_normal.jpeg

Had such high hopes for the first game of the season for this team, was absolutely gutted when I saw the result that had come in ... just to explain the current situation at NER, New GK, new CB,New captain ... Andreas Granqvist joins as new CB and as new team captain ... and 89 rated Cedric Carasso joins to replace 83 rated Joris Delle between the posts ... but no, not even this could prevent what happened ...

Elohim (Forum) was unable to prevent a New England Revolution defeat to Colorado Rapids.

New England Revolution slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Colorado Rapids in their Division 1 fixture.

Like I said, gutted ... absolutely gutted! Have imprioved the team ten times over and I can't even come away with a draw after the first game of the season, and it's against an unmanaged side ... my goal this season is TO WIN, not to come 2nd, I'll be winning the leauge aswell as one of the cups, atleast reaching the finals, anything else is unacceptable!

GC98 -

After the signing of Buffon now Gerrard has joined up with Sao Paulo with Gundogan and Alcacer heading the over way.

Javier Mascherano is close to signing as well the 93 ratted Real Madrid star is very close to a deal so happy to post.

Got names to shift like KPB and more big CM names willing to offer 2-1 for positions in need inbox me to deal.

Gold Championship 2

New signings for Rangers fail to steer them away from embarrassment.

In the past 3 days, Glasgow Rangers manager has managed to capture:

PEREIRA ELISEU from unmanaged Middlesbrough

MANUEL FERNANDES from unmanaged Dortmund

KEVIN GROSSKREUTZ from unmanaged Charlton

Great signings for the club at a total cost of £37.3m {Very good value}

So eager to play with his new toys,

manager Jose Nowinho decided to field all 3 of them against bottom of the table

and much lower rated Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The final score..

Inverness CT [1] * Rangers [0]

After the match Nowinho said,

"They're useless, I want my money back"

Probably my best GC night in ages

GC 1 - PAOK 2 - 4 Besiktas

After a dodgy start to the season, three wins from last three games.

GC 100 - Trabzonspor 10 - 0 Kayserispor

Not only was it my Biggest Home League Win and Highest Scoring League Game I beat my main rival in the league.

GC 300 - Millwall 0 - 4 Crystal Palace

Four wins from four, brilliant start to the league.

I never usually post when I'm doing well, always jinxes it :o

107MONTERREY-2_zpsbe7acebe.jpg

GC107

LOS RAYADOS SIGN HAMSIK

Marek-Hamsik.jpg

Monterrey complete the signing of Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik from Dortmund for a fee of £5m plus Fernando Llorente and Andre Carrillo. The 25 year old is one of the favoured players of manager Stifler and will slot straight into the first team.

SEASON 8 SO FAR....

The Mexican League

Monterrey sit 3rd after 12 games, 3 points off Tigres in 2nd and 8 points off leaders Pumas who have been awesome so far this term.

Mexican Shield

We will face the formidable Pumas in the semi's having beaten Tigres in the 1/4 final.

Mexican Cup

Yet to begin....

SMFA Shield

Our passage to round 3 is all but assured as we hold a 5-1 first leg advantage over Stade Brestois at the half-way point of our Round 2 tie.

Monterrey_zps989205ce.jpg