Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Hello...

I haven't played SM for over a year but thinking of becoming a gold member again... Is it worth it? Has much changed since a year ago? I see theres now over 300 GC's so I'd imagine a lot of them are dead' date=' so which are the best to join?

Cheers![/quote']

GC 333 is the way too go!

How good would it be if SM announced that GC350 would be free and announced a time' date=' like the good old days. Remember the rush to get a team never mind a good one[/quote']

The good days when there was a GC opened every month or two and it was full to capacity and International Management was offered to the manager, they were the good days :)

How good would it be if SM announced that GC350 would be free and announced a time' date=' like the good old days. Remember the rush to get a team never mind a good one[/quote']

One can dream, tho sadly this'll never happen.

Juventus_old_badge.png

GC177

Starting XI - The League

Gianluigi Buffon

Cristian Villagra - Leonardo Bonucci - Andrea Barzagli - Giorgio Chiellini

Andrea Pirlo - Simon Rolfes

Mauricio Isla - Sebastian Giovinco - Claudio Marchisio

Javier Hernandez

Starting XI - Cups/Reserves

Gianluigi Buffon

Martin Caceres - Niklas Moisander - Juan Forlin - Paolo De Ceglie

Kevin Strootman - Luis Anderson

Marco Motta - Emmanuele Giaccherini - Simone Padoin

Emmanuel Adebayor

Starting XI - "Youths"

Nicola Leali

Aïssa Mandi - Kurt Zouma - Alberto Masi - Fabrice N'Sakala

Paul Pogba - Manuel Giandonato

Lopez Juanmi - Fausto Rossi - (?)soon to be filled

Mario Balotelli

Absolutely loving this team

:D

Try to sell Villagra' date='Motta,De Ceglie and Adebayor![/quote']

Sell?! You're insane. Villagra is the team captain, has the most caps for the team unless you count Buffon. Motta is there as a filler and does a good job everytime I play him ... as is De Ceglie and Adebayor is scoring for fun

:P

GC122 Man United - Its taken me over a year but I finally landed long term transfer target Lukasz Piszczek for a little over £35m.

Just wish I hadn't signed Sagna 4 days ago as I now have 4 RB's 90+ :o

Also Sagna was signed on July 4th and it TB'd until 9th August but Piszczek signed 9th July TB'd until 17th September :confused:

GC122 Man United - Its taken me over a year but I finally landed long term transfer target Lukasz Piszczek for a little over £35m.

Just wish I hadn't signed Sagna 4 days ago as I now have 4 RB's 90+ :o

Also Sagna was signed on July 4th and it TB'd until 9th August but Piszczek signed 9th July TB'd until 17th September :confused:

The TB's last for 20 turns so that's probably why.

Whats happening folks?

Decided to get a months gold membership to see if i could get into this game again after not playing for ages.

Is it still as bad as a year ago? Any good/bad imrovements.

Lost some good teams and bit gutted to see my first gold team in 104, Sheff Wed, have been raided lol.

Whats happening folks?

Decided to get a months gold membership to see if i could get into this game again after not playing for ages.

Lost some good teams and bit gutted to see my first gold team in 104' date=' Sheff Wed, have been raided lol.[/quote']

is it still as bad as a year ago?

its much worse mate.

most GC's are completely dead, there's only a handful of gc's left where people can actually play the game how it's supposed to be, and even those aren't great to be honest with you. I don't know why anybody still bothers with reserving teams, I stopped light years ago, any gc that opens, dies within a month, as well as this, the price to reserve and pre order teams is outrageous.

they have slowly but steadily been increasing prices for sm coins, and therefore increasing price for gold management. but you can't really blame them for that, every business does it to be fair.

I am becoming more and more tempted to just abandon this game.

why the hell can't SM read what everybody is writing on the forum, and do something about this? do something to liven the game up again, make it so there was a struggle to get a team in a gc, let alone a good one.

Whats happening folks?

Lost some good teams and bit gutted to see my first gold team in 104' date=' Sheff Wed, have been raided lol.[/quote']

Join Holland in GC333! 13/18 teams managed there!

Yeah i thought as much matty tbh m8 :(

Will do Elohim.

Any other good GC's that are active/competitive?

the best GC's that I manage in are, GC 1, GC 19, GC 100, GC 109 and GC 333.

every gc apart from 109 has a active forum, although 109 is very competitive, especially in Scotland. although, I could do with some competition in brazil in that league mate...

I also hear gc 222 is quite decent, and gc 69 is quite competitive in England.

I know I probably shouldn't post this on here, but if you act quick mate, Northampton are available in 69. they are one of my old sides, quite a decent squad if you ask me...

the best GC's that I manage in are' date=' GC 1, GC 19, GC 100, GC 109 and GC 333.

every gc apart from 109 has a active forum, although 109 is very competitive, especially in Scotland. although, I could do with some competition in brazil in that league mate...

I also hear gc 222 is quite decent, and gc 69 is quite competitive in England.

I know I probably shouldn't post this on here, but if you act quick mate, Northampton are available in 69. they are one of my old sides, quite a decent squad if you ask me...[/quote']

Cheers mate. Northampton are still available but it doesnt look the most active GC, but cheers anyway.

Much rather be a poor team in a competitive gameworld lol.

Will take a look at those you listed. Im in 1 and 333 already.

Yeah i thought as much matty tbh m8 :(

Will do Elohim.

Any other good GC's that are active/competitive?

If your looking to build up a club join me in Scotland in GC23' date=' I'm Celtic and I need some company, all clubs are unmanaged, nothing special in the teams but I can sell/loan some players to you :)

[/font']

If your looking to build up a club join me in Scotland in GC23' date=' I'm Celtic and I need some company, all clubs are unmanaged, nothing special in the teams but I can sell/loan some players to you :)[/font']

im Southampton in that league, I could also give u some loans, and I would also love some friends to join it

Cheers mate. Northampton are still available but it doesnt look the most active GC' date=' but cheers anyway.

Much rather be a poor team in a competitive gameworld lol.

Will take a look at those you listed. Im in 1 and 333 already.[/quote']

Why don't you take over FC Porto in GC7? Their standout players are:

• Andrea Pirlo
  • Pablo Zabaleta
  • Sebastian Giovinco
  • Antonio Candreva
  • Alessandro Diamanti
  • Francesco Totti
  • Simon Kjær
  • Kévin Constant
  • Benoît Assou-Ekotto
  • Ricardo Costa
  • Eliseu
  • Charlie Adam

Not a bad base of players to work with in a very hard, competitive and old Gold Championship.