Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I'm on my phone and can't find this news' date=' what is it? Please don't tell me it's just the ability for you to play friendly against teams from different game worlds?![/quote']

Don't know if you've found it yet Daz.....but its not friendlies its create your own league & cups and a huge smfa connect world cup.

players can play against each other in a match     The SMFA will also create large open competitions with 1000s of clubs competing for the SMFA Connect Game World Cup

Last night I finally managed to win my first league title with AS Monaco in GC26. It surely took a long time – to be precise 458 games in charge since taking over the team on December 9, 2009.

Back in 2009 the team was average at best and low attendance rates with a small stadium (i.e. always a tight financial situation) did not make it easy in a league that was back then dominated by the likes of Lyon, Marseille or Bordeaux. However, after finishing four times as runner-up in the league this time around Monaco won its first title in style with 90 points having won 27 games, lost only once and having scored 103 goals with only 41 conceded. Also Olivier Giroud won the golden boot with 22 goals while also collecting the player-of-the-season award. Of the Top 10 players with the highest rating in the player-of-the-season table 8 were from AS Monaco – so it was clearly a good season for the team.

Overall 15 of my GC teams have now surpassed the 1,000 points mark (only Enyimba in GC14, AFC Wimbledon in GC102 and Arsenal in GC78 are still below that mark) and all but four of my GC teams have now won at least one league title.

The four teams that still need to win their first league title include Palermo (once runner-up in GC13 where the league has being dominated by Roma for an eternity), Enyimba (three times runner-up in GC14), Millwall (once runner-up in GC37 but currently leading the division after 32 games into the season) and AFC Wimbledon (once runner-up in GC102).

So onwards and upwards!

GC86 Barcelona - Completed the signing of Sergio Aguero from an unmanaged side for £70.8m completely unchallenged. Such a shame to see GC's in this mess.

I just took over Sevilla, I honestly dont know how long ill stay in charge because I like to build a squad myself usually fresh from the start of a GC but we'll see what happens

I just took over Sevilla' date=' I honestly dont know how long ill stay in charge because I like to build a squad myself usually fresh from the start of a GC but we'll see what happens[/quote']

Wish you hadn't Rafael was close to completing a move to me! :o PM me if your interested in selling Rafael or Adriano, can offer some good deals.

Had some really strange results tonight including a Real Madrid side losing 5-0 to an unmanaged Getafe :o

Ah hell. Had a Liverpool offer tonight, then this happens...

The Chairman of Barcelona has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Reading immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

Bit of a conundrum.

I had the sudden urge to come back to SM after 2 years away, came here with every intention to get my gold membership back etc.

Totally knocked me back to see we're on GC363 and they're opening every 2/3 days. Looking through them there's so many teams going free now that would have been snapped up back in the day. Obviously it's not sustainable to open them at this rate, they'll just become how standard GWs are because there's only so many GMs to take these teams.

Disappointing. I might still lurk and see that the community's looking like, not hopeful though.

Well im manager of Arsenal in 158 been in charge now 193 games and only came second in one cup (real life ratting's going on here LOL) still chugging along very nice and strong sitting 7th in the league and with a 2-1 win last night over QPR in the Semi Final of the English cup, anyway back on track away from the team looking for deals in this setup have names like Lampard, Kedira, Drogba, Rafael, Walcott and more I can use in PE deals for the right names, my squad has a good back bone and have cash so not looking to sell anyone who is not listed for cash, so get hold of me to deal.

Lost 6/11 ... Drew 1/11 ... Won 4/11 ...

That's how my GC night went ... 2 of the games I lost 5-2 ... the games I won I only just won and there would be something EXTREMELY wrong if I'd lost them ...

Come on SM ... fix the damn match engine ...

Some people must have money coming out of their ears' date=' a new Real Madrid has just been quit which coming at a price of £1 per game played, yes they lasted 17 games before deciding it was not for them[/quote']

I think it shows the state of the game as well as this persons stupidity.I still can't understand people paying £16.50 for a team I really think there bonkers.

I think it shows the state of the game as well as this persons stupidity.I still can't understand people paying £16.50 for a team I really think there bonkers.

I only buy a big team if I get a nice gambling win and they have been non existent of late. Picked up Zenit in 363 last night which I was happy with for a freebie

I only buy a big team if I get a nice gambling win and they have been non existent of late. Picked up Zenit in 363 last night which I was happy with for a freebie

Fair enough but even if I won the Euro millions I couldn't bring myself to pay £16.50 for a team.I personally just can't see any value in it.But hey each to there own.

Zenit for free is decent but I bet you get bored of them pretty quickly as new gc's aren't the best.

Fair enough but even if I won the Euro millions I couldn't bring myself to pay £16.50 for a team.I personally just can't see any value in it.But hey each to there own.

Zenit for free is decent but I bet you get bored of them pretty quickly as new gc's aren't the best.

I'm bored of all my teams lol but just can't quit them yet. Hopefully if I win the euros tonight then I can quit

I'm bored of all my teams lol but just can't quit them yet. Hopefully if I win the euros tonight then I can quit

Or buy SM and fix it. My quip now is far too many 90 rated players, and too many of them are attacking players.

Good luck with that.

Or buy SM and fix it. My quip now is far too many 90 rated players' date=' and too many of them are attacking players.[/quote']

You would need to win it as it would cost a few quid to correct all SM's mistakes! And your right way to many 90 rated am's and quite a few are very average players.