Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

What happened to the new home for team thread or Available team thread carnt find them :confused: have they been removed?

A alright Houston Dynamo in Gc 36 but posting here due to carnt find other thread. will delete afterwards if in wrong section

What happened to the new home for team thread or Available team thread carnt find them :confused: have they been removed?

A alright Houston Dynamo in Gc 36 but posting here due to carnt find other thread. will delete afterwards if in wrong section

It's been deleted. We are not allowed to dictate which clus go where. If you get a job offer..simply reject...

End of topic for this matter ;)

Guest Toggs

Got promoted with Stevenage to Div 3 in GC16. My chairman's comments for the coming season:

'This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge and gain promotion' :eek:

Bit harsh! What happens if I don't!?

Nothing. :)

The original plan was too be sacked if you didn't meet requirements or didn't even come close too them. That is what would happen too managers in real life, but as you're not getting paid wages on SM, they'd feel it would be wrong too sack someone who is also paying for the game.

It was just added as people were curious of too what their chairman wanted every season, i think.

GC11- lost 3-2 to PSG (only First leg) First knock out Round

GC58- Ac Milan knocked out 3rd Round of Shield by Manchester City 4-3 on Agg

GC59- Semi of cup got Hammerd 5-0 by Blackburn as Peterbrough( Still over the moon i got to the Semi finals!)

GC60- Beat Elche! 3-2 in Cup

GC62- Won 2-0 on Pens vs Wolves after 3-3 in the Game

GC64- Won 6-1 vs Shaktar!

Did well in the games that mattered tonight - my Shakhtar got iniolated 6-1 though :(

Bayer Leverkusen (GC 48) draw 3-3 with Getafe in SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 1, they were all NMF so that was annoying!

Galatasaray (GC 37) into the Turkish Cup Semi Final, already won the league so it could be a double!

Arsenal beat Porto 3-1 to mathematically qualify for knockout stages - pretty much already had though.

Lyon (58) drew, Inter (52) lost and thats it :)

GC58, Arsenal (with 2nd team out) beaten 2-0 by Boca Juniors, but still qualify top of SMFA group, have Sao paolo in 1st knockout round.

GC19, needed a 6-goal swing against Villareal to win the group, put 2nd team out, not holding up much hope, and won 4-0 :eek: guess who I got in 1st knockout round?..................... Villareal :rolleyes:

something should be done about that, in line with the Champions league where teams in the same group can't play each other in the 1st knockout round.

EDIT: GC58, getting rid of Flamini, wanting a similar rated fwd or CF in exchange, no old codgers!

GC58~ Portsmouth Win 6-0 on aggregate to draw 'City in the quarters of the shield. I'm aiming to win this now!

GC64~ Atletico Beat Nathan Kirby's Celtic 2-1 In 1st SMFA Cup Game.

Had Couple Of Other Games And Lost Both Playing My Reserves.

GC58' date=' Arsenal (with 2nd team out) beaten 2-0 by Boca Juniors, but still qualify top of SMFA group, have Sao paolo in 1st knockout round.

GC19, needed a 6-goal swing against Villareal to win the group, put 2nd team out, not holding up much hope, and won 4-0 :eek: guess who I got in 1st knockout round?..................... Villareal :rolleyes:

something should be done about that, in line with the Champions league where teams in the same group can't play each other in the 1st knockout round.

EDIT: GC58, getting rid of Flamini, wanting a similar rated fwd or CF in exchange, no old codgers![/quote']

Gold 19 - Bayern top their Champs Cup group' date=' and get...Man Utd in the first round, stupid draw...they were in our group :rolleyes:. Hopefully can do them over two legs, the new manager has lost two in a row now.

Gold 58 - Madrid finish top and get River in the first round.[/quote']

Good luck mate, maybe we'll meet in both!!

btw, totally agree about the draw thing, as per my quote above :rolleyes:

GC64 - Juventus beat Lyon 4-0 in the 1st round of the SMFA Cup.

GC19 - Zenit into SMFA Cup Round 1 after a 2-1 victory over Fiorentina. (We topped the group). Pique and Johnson also arrive on loan from Man United, for how long I'm not sure however. Nicolas Plestan also arrived to ease the defensive crisis along with the loanees.

GC20 - Roma beat Atalanta 2-1 to reach the shield final. Torbinsky also arrived for £19.2 million.

Rest of results were mixed - but they were all mostly early round cup or shield games.

GC19 - Zenit into SMFA Cup Round 1 after a 2-1 victory over Fiorentina. (We topped the group). Pique and Johnson also arrive on loan from Man United' date=' for how long I'm not sure however. Nicolas Plestan also arrived to ease the defensive crisis along with the loanees. [/quote']

so I may have you to contend with too on my way to the quadruple? (not like I'll get it with my squad! :P)

so I may have you to contend with too on my way to the quadruple? (not like I'll get it with my squad! :P)

Vice versa! :P Only I'm going for the quintuple. :) Looks like I've messed up the league though... :( 6 points behind 1st but I guess there's ages to yet. :o Tbh I'm not too bothered about the SMFA I know I have minimal chances of winning it compared to some of the big teams in it. I'd be more than happy with treble. (Or fake quadruple :D)

Vice versa! :P Only I'm going for the quintuple. :) Looks like I've messed up the league though... :( 6 points behind 1st but I guess there's ages to yet. :o Tbh I'm not too bothered about the SMFA I know I have minimal chances of winning it compared to some of the big teams in it. I'd be more than happy with treble. (Or fake quadruple :D)

Sorry, I'm after quintuple also, forgot about charity shield!! suppose I can claim a "plastic domestic" quadruple if I get knocked out of SMFA comp! (and win the domestic cup of course :o)

GC 61 Man utd get beat in the shield 2-1 but very happy with the performance and ratings.

GC 59 Shakhtar through to the russian shield final with a 3 nil win over fk moskva

GC 64 Sevilla draw 2-2 away to milan in smfa shield

quite happy with the matches tonight, roll on wednesday as off work and also getting sky hd installed :D (even though newcastle wont get much hd coverage)

GC 61, got my SM biggest win ever, it was round 2 German Shield against Fortuna Dusseldorf, as my Borussia Dortmund *reserve squad B)* hummered them 11-1 :eek:

GC 58, PSV got through to the next round of the SMFA Champions Cup and will face Villareal in the last 16 after going second in group B.

GC61 Manchester City - Cruelly Giant Killed on penalties by Grimsby, at home.

GC62 Chelsea - Cruise through to English Shield round 3, comfortably beating Hereford United 2-0 away from home.

GC64 West Ham - Hammers stage an emphatic 4-0 away win over Fulham to restore some pride at Upton Park.