Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Im genuinley peeved with the ME' date=' its beyond me :S[/quote']

I have found a lot of the time that if a team is way way clear with 10 or so games to go the game will always find a way of making it interesting, it's happenned to me numerous times, sometimes I've got over the line, other times I haven't.....

Unlucky :o

I have found a lot of the time that if a team is way way clear with 10 or so games to go the game will always find a way of making it interesting' date=' it's happenned to me numerous times, sometimes I've got over the line, other times I haven't.....

Unlucky :o[/quote']

It shoudlnt work like that though, thats not a sign of a sophisticated ME AT ALL.

Im really annoyed, i lost 1 game out of the 10 games i playd against the top 5.

I loose againat bottom, then two teams iv spanked on previous occassions, playing formations that should of beat them. Its as if SM decided no, he aint winning, i mean Allan won with a NMF team fgs.

I usually dont like it when people moan, but i lost 4 games out of 35 . . . . .

then three on the trot to pap opposition, teams who have never gave me trouble before

Good night tonight for me.

GC43, 44 and 49's season has fineshed, i came top with Man City, Real Madrid and Zenit so 3 more honours.

Looking to do some deals in all 3 of them setups so take a look at my squad(s) and PM if you want to do a deal.

A CACK night tonight:

GC16 - Sunderland trounced by Man Utd 4-1, need the Guiza back ASAP!!

GC19 - Ajax beat Vitesse 2-1, 6 points clear with 8 games left, domestic quadruple definitely a possibility, as well as Ken's Zenit in the SMFA cup quarter final to come on Monday (Good luck btw Ken, may the best man win!! :D)

GC32 - Udinese Beat Genoa 2-1, a very good start to the season, after taking over with 10 games left of last season and saved them from relegation, Udinese are now at the right end of the table (albeit after 3 games :o)

GC33 - My Colorado Rapids side were blown out of the water (EXCUSE THE PUN!!) by San Jose Earthquakes, the result has left me shaken (AND AGAIN!!)

GC52 - 3rd place Sao Paulo beat 2nd placed Fluminense to close to within 2 points of them and the coveted SMFA cup slot with 4 games left.

GC58 - Arsenal draw 2-2 with spurs, and with Chelsea getting a result means the gap at the top is closed to 2 points, missed Ribery through suspension, and Corluka is banned for 3 games, must have been on a revenge mission against the former employers (good lad :o)

GC61 - Cardiff drop to 3rd after being beaten 3-1 by top of the league 'Boro.

GC66 - 2 league games for Roma, 2 4-1 wins, this time against Samp. Everything looking rosy at the Stadio Olympico, although I've lost Farfan to injury.

A good night,

Ajax win again.

Real Madrid lose 2-1 to Betis, dosen't matter though, secured second place in the league.

Roma win 3-2 against Dai's Internazionale, good victory, Baptista scores his seventh of the season.

Celtic in 2-1 against Berwick Rangers (spelling maybe), another good victory after the terrible start.

FC Porto secure the league title for the fourth time in a row i believe. :)

I loose three in a row' date=' to 2 pap teams and to one mid table, ME is ajoke at times. I just dont uderstand why i lost 4 in 35 games then 3 out of 3 ? cheers lol

Congrats Allan. :mad::mad:

EDIT : finish second in gc8 aswel.[/quote']

You finally see the light Adam, though i can't complain about the ME at the moment, its being good to me at the mo. :)

Quite a good night for me imo.

GC33: Drew 1-1 with hibs, 3 1-1 draws on the trot since the start of the season.

GC40: Personally took the title off Adamski, beating his Man. United 2-0 at Old Trafford with Portsmouth :D, very proud, Allan went on to win it by a single point. Also Portsmouth wont be playing Championship football next season, instead they'll be playing Europa League Football :D:D:D:D

GC59: Bayern draw 1-1, leaving them in 6th, 2 points off second and 6 off top.

GC60: Napoli draw 1-1 to leave us 13th, next up Juventus.

GC61: Milan draw 0-0 against Bari, 13th aswell.

GC62: Arsenal draw 1-1 with Portsmouth, still top, Bowen drew with Spurs to give me a lifeline., 3 points clear still.

GC63: After thrashin north londoners Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 4-1, Fior draw 1-1 with a late equaliser away from home, i cant remember who we played, but i know were 5th.

GC64: Club America beat Monterray 2-1 at home to go 4th, into a Europa League spot.

GC64: LA Galaxy lose out 2-1 to New England Revolution in the dieing minutes :o

Absoloutely hate wednesdays on sm, Saturdays are better, loads of draws on wednesdays :/ oh well, ROLL ON SATURDAY :D

ahem "world class (cough' date='cough) managers in [b']England[/b] & Italy"

OI! :mad::D Germany is where it's really at B)

Gold 59: Jack I'm getting closer...:P

Gold 15: After 12 games only a couple of points seperates the top 5, Simon is up in second, but could go first on Saturday if I beat Madrid, while I'm fourth after a 4-4 draw with Valencia.

I loose againat bottom' date=' then two teams iv spanked on previous occassions, playing formations that should of beat them. Its as if SM decided no, he aint winning,[b'] i mean Allan won with a NMF team fgs.[/b]

I usually dont like it when people moan, but i lost 4 games out of 35 . . . . .

then three on the trot to pap opposition, teams who have never gave me trouble before

They were all at least 87% fit.

I mean yes you only lost a few games before but my season was also decent. I only lost to You, Chelsea (twice each), Arsenal and Everton. Its also been 17 league games since my last defeat 4-0 against you.

Gold 15: After 12 games only a couple of points seperates the top 5' date=' Simon is up in second, but could go first on Saturday if I beat Madrid, while I'm fourth after a 4-4 draw with Valencia.[/quote']

Where did that Barca creep up from :P must be the dodgy ME :eek:

Mixed night. Played 20, Won 10, Drew 5, Lost 5. Won one league and finished runners up in another. A poor night for my 'big' teams - I dont know if anyone else has this but I do alot better with smaller teams than big ones. Anyway, here they are in full::)

GC 4: Fulham 1-0 Grimsby Town - Expecting to lose really, still only 5 points off first place in Division 2

GC 10: AEK Athens 2-0 Boavista - Go to 6th after 6 games, trying to defend the league title.

GC 12: PSV Eindhoven 2-0 KAA Gent - Top by 14 points with eight games to go.

GC 13: Man United 3-1 Arsenal - Back to bad form again after a brief spell of good form, leaves us still in 4th but way off the pace now.

GC 14: Tom 0-3 Zenit - Go 2 points clear after 24 games.

GC 18: Torino 0-2 Milan - Still in 3rd place with not long to go.

GC 26: Zenit 4-1 CSKA Moscow - Back to winning ways and back to top of the league, still very early in the season.

GC 27: Man United 1-3 Leicester - One of the most embarrassing results I've had on here, had 22 shots compared to their 7, but still lost. To be fair they did out-possession us though. Mixed start to the season with United.

GC 35: Roma 1-1 Fiorentina - A win and a draw from the opening two games of the season.

GC 44: Lille 1-0 Marseille - Marseille win the league on the final day of the season despite losing at Lille. Bordeaux's 3-2 defeat see us win the league on goal difference, level on points with Nancy-Lorraine and Lyon.

GC 47: Botafogo 2-1 Sao Paulo - Sao Paulo lose the league on the last day of the season, where a draw would have done. Gutted. There's always the domestic cup, hopefully.

GC 49: Sevilla 1-2 Valencia - Just seeing out the season with Valencia, will have to settle for an SMFA Shield place.

GC 51: Sporting Braga 0-0 Sporting Lisbon - Already won the league by quite a long way.

GC 52: Inter Milan 2-1 Roma - Inter go 2nd for the first time all season, with games remaining. Not gonna win the league due to Juventus' big lead but I would've taken 2nd place when I took them over.

GC 55: Bayern Munich 0-0 1860 Munich - Too many draws with Bayern in the early stages of the season.

GC 57: Sao Paulo 4-0 Palmeiras - 1st place beat 2nd place quite convincingly, but we're still only two points clear due to other results. 4 games to go.

GC 58: Lyon 1-1 Marseille - Stay 3rd, one point behind Marseille, though 1st place are quite a way in front.

GC 59: Sheffield United 1-2 Newcastle United - Newcastle stay four points clear of Middlesbrough at the top of Division 2, late goal from Kevin Nolan.

GC 64: Dynamo Moscow 0-3 Shakhtar - Good win for Shakhtar moves us up to 4th, still early on in the season.

GC 66: FC Porto 0-0 Academica - Disappointing result, only the second game of the season.

GC38 Inter Milan - Completed the signing of Higuain for £10m Quaresma and Balotelli :)

Very happy with that deal, although it leaves me a little short on the Wide areas. But Ibrahimovic, Anelka, Kuyt, Voronin and now Higuain up front means i can now offer to swap Anelka/Kuyt for a RM or LM or W.

Where did that Barca creep up from :P must be the dodgy ME :eek:

Definitely, I mean they were nearly relegated in Season 1! :P

Real are actually challenging for once! Thought they were being looked after, but all their players are NMF, so I expect them to fade away soon, probably after they beat me :rolleyes:

Gold 15: After 12 games only a couple of points seperates the top 5' date=' Simon is up in second, but could go first on Saturday if I beat Madrid, while I'm fourth after a 4-4 draw with Valencia.[/quote']

We don't get the credit we deserve tbh - there's me, you, the Duisberg manager is a friend of mine and knows what he's doing aswell....

As for GC59 I was never going to run away with it was I?! :P

We don't get the credit we deserve tbh - there's me' date=' you, the Duisberg manager is a friend of mine and knows what he's doing aswell....

As for GC59 I was never going to run away with it was I?! :P[/quote']

Don't worry, I'll restore our pride in the Champs Cup if you don't win too many in the league :P, by restoring pride i mean getting to the final, dominating it and then losing on penalties :D

I did expect you to maintain that big lead you had, but my 4-2 win over your team damaged them psychologically and they can't seem to win in the league now :D

Don't worry' date=' I'll restore our pride in the Champs Cup if you don't win too many in the league :P, by restoring pride i mean getting to the final, dominating it and then losing on penalties :D

I did expect you to maintain that big lead you had, but my 4-2 win over your team damaged them psychologically and they can't seem to win in the league now :D[/quote']

Funny how my reserves score 8 but my first team can barely score a goal :o

I never maintain big leads, i'm what you call a bottler, you will probably win the league on GD on the last day ;)

GC44 - Benfica are looking to do some deals. Not looking for two for one deals but want straight swap deals where possible. Similar rated players of course. After a disappointing season I just thought a freshen up was needed.

Antonio Valencia, Javier Saviola Oguchi Onyewu and Gomez Miguel Torres have all joined so far. Looking to change alot more.

Have a look and bid, or PM.

Funny how my reserves score 8 but my first team can barely score a goal :o

I never maintain big leads' date=' i'm what you call a bottler, you will probably win the league on GD on the last day ;)[/quote']

I must admit I prefer trailing you in a league until the last 3 games, rather than being in front of you in the last 3 games, your more likely to throw it away but very likely to overtake

GC10: Club Brugge 1 Ajax 2 - First game in charge starts with a defeat against a very strong Ajax. Currently sitting bottom of the league, things can only get better.

GC19: Piacenza 0 Mantova 1 - My career at Piacenza starts in defeat. Glad to get this game out of the way as we had some very unfit players in the squad and had to play the odd player out of position. New loan signing José Ortigoza suffers injury on his debut which will see him unavailable until approx 24th August.

GC33: Borussia Monchengladbach 1 Vfl Wolsburg 2 - First game in charge and it starts with a defeat. Looking forward to spending some time with the squad and seeing how I can improve it.

GC39: Genoa 5 Udinese 0 - First game in charge and last game of the season with Genoa finishing 10th in the league. A great performance which gives me confidence that we can do well next season.

GC42: Bristol City 2 Stoke City 2 - Manucho scores both goals for Stoke after joining on a 1 game loan deal from Manchester United only minutes before kick-off. Crowned champions of English Division 2 thanks to Fulham’s 2-1 loss against Cardiff City. This was my first game in charge so can’t take any credit for the silverware. Looking forward to the challenge of avoiding relegation from Division 1 next season.

GC45: Le Mans UC 72 2 AS Saint-Etienne 4 - First game in charge and delighted to see a very good performance from my new players. Was also the last game of the season. The squad needs a little work in the off season as it‘s really lacking depth. We can also look forward to SMFA Shield football next season as we finished 6th in the league.

GC57: Milan 0 Atalanta 0 - Fantastic point for us against top of the table Milan. Star player Sergio Floccari is out injured until next season. Alessio Cerci was drafted into the starting 11 as his replacement and did ok. Move up to 10th place in the league, 5 points behind the SMFA Shield positions.

GC58: Derby County 2 - Plymouth Argyle 0 - Solid win moves us up to 10th in the league. Only 3 points from a play-off position now thanks to our recent good form. Travel to top of the table Reading next.

GC59: Celta Vigo 0 Gimnàstic 2 - Very pleased with this win. We move up to 7th and look in a good position to make a serious challenge in what is a very tight promotion battle.

GC60: Greenock Morton 2 Partick Thistle 4 - This squad of players needs a lot of work but they continue to surprise me with another fantastic win. Sitting pretty in 4th place, just 4 points off the top.

GC61: AZ Alkmaar 5 FC Groningen 2 - Fantastic performances from strikers El Hamdaoui and Dembele helps to seal the victory. We’re in great form at the moment and making a real challenge for the title. Currently 2 points clear at the top of the table.

GC64: Valencia 1 Real Madrid 5 - Lost our previous 2 league matches so glad to see us bounce back in some style. 6 points behind top of the table Barcelona after only 8 games.

GC65: Barcelona 6 Malaga 0 - Top of the table with a 100% record after first 4 games of the season.

GC66: Preston North End 0 Ipswich Town 3 - New signing Dimitris Papadopoulos helps secure victory by scoring a brace. Only 2 games into the season but it’s still nice to see us sitting at the top of the table.

A decent night for me

GC26- Newcastle back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over west ham

GC31- Milan also back to winning ways with a 4-2 win at home to Catania

GC61- Man Utd draw 1-1 against Bolton

GC66- Everton make it 2 wins out of 2 in the league with 3-2 win over Wolves

A decent night for me

GC26- Newcastle back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over west ham

GC31- Milan also back to winning ways with a 4-2 win at home to Catania

GC61- Man Utd draw 1-1 against Bolton

GC66- Everton make it 2 wins out of 2 in the league with 3-2 win over Wolves

hey mate how are you doing with United :D

I must admit I prefer trailing you in a league until the last 3 games' date=' rather than being in front of you in the last 3 games, your more likely to throw it away but very likely to overtake[/quote']

Speaking of throwing things away isn't GC7 getting interesting again ;)

GC10: Club Brugge 1 Ajax 2 - First game in charge starts with a defeat against a very strong Ajax. Currently sitting bottom of the league' date=' things can only get better.

[/quote']

I do like my Ajax :) Good luck with them mate - can help you out with some 86 ish loans if you require them?