Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

4 Games tonight in the cups:

GC16 - Sunderland beat Birmingham 2-1 to reach the semis of the English shield, Villa in the semis :)

GC19 - Ajax are beaten 2-1 by Zenit, but go through 4-3 on aggregate to reach the SMFA cup semi-final in my hunt for 5 trophies in a season. Already have the Charity Shield, Dutch Shield and the league in the bag, as well as being in the Dutch cup Quarter Final and the tough SMFA Cup draw against Bayern :D I'd love a domestic clean sweep, and even to reach the SMFA final would be a massive achievement for a young but talented Ajax side, but I very much doubt it :(

GC58 - Arsenal beat Juventus 2-0, and 5-0 on aggregate to also reach the semis of the SMFA cup. I have a bit of a balancing act, as I'm only a point clear of both Chelsea and West Brom :eek: with 5 league games left, as well as the semi against a decent Galatasaray side, but in all honesty I got the weakest side in the draw, the others being Barca and Villareal :o

GC66 - Roma's 2nd team beat Milan 2-0 on pens in the 3rd round of the Italian shield to make it 4 wins out of 4!! Atalanta in the next round, not really fussed on the cups or SMFA comp in this one, just want a solid league position to build on :)

A superb night all in all. :D

Regarding the West Ham twilight zone of 3 posts above...

My Roma had the same sort of thing (kind of) in that they're playing Inter 3 times in 6 days - Charity Shield last Thursday' date=' opening league match on Saturday and opening Champions Cup group game tonight![/quote']

'Twas mine.

Haha, some real strange things on this game. I reckon it's a conspiracy! :D

:)

How did you get on against the multiple West Hams??

Drew 1-1 with Inter today - did win 3-2 on the last two occasions though so I was due a non-win, lol.

Not bad Cup evening, W6 D1 L3 - one of the losses was my Club America beaten 3-2 by Shakhtar in the SMFA Shield semi-final in GC14...only the first leg so still have a little bit of hope!!

was mugged well and truly tonight, out of 5 GC teams 3 had smfa games and one had a cup the other didnt play.

gc 53 - Napoli get knocked out of smfa cup at the quarters at the hands of bremen, which was annoying as i was hoping to progress a little bit further.

gc - 59 udinese lose 1-0 to atlanta in the italy :mad:

gc 64 fc twente lose to mallorca in round 1 of smfa shield, although i dont really care that much about twente as i have portugal in this setup.

gc 46 lille osc lose 2-0 at home to cruz azul:mad:

bad night overall.

Guest TOM_HEMY

Took over Juventus in GC38 earlier and played reservestonight bar buffon and lost 3-0 to Napoli in the cup, not that bothered but feel free to make a bid for any player.

GC16 - Kaka can go! Would like a 93 & 92 of similar age in the deal, one being an AM or CM, the other any posistion other than CM/DM or AM. :)

Is it just me who can't get on this morning? Getting the error page when I try to log in :(

I'm assuming they are doing the moving of the GC's to their own server today, hoping so, as it'll mean a guaranteed GC within days of the transfer window shutting, so we can go with all the new squads :)

I get weird results aswell. Makes me wonder now if there is any point at all setting tactics.

My 88 rated Ajax side lost 1-0 at home to a 79 rated FC Volendam side in the Quarter Finals in GC27:rolleyes::rolleyes:The same tactics that saw he hammer a full strength Fenerbahce 6-2 in the SMFA:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Hi guys,

Please keep your petty comments in a blatant attempt at point scoring away from the public boards. Simon shouldn't have to come on and trawl through countless posts and delete them when you all know what is/isn't acceptable. Just think before you post and you will avoid picking up infractions or bans.

Thanks.

meh' date=' that's ok then, if it's not just me I assume they know about it and are doing somethin about it :confused:[/quote']

No its not just you.

Plus it does say: This Game World is temporarily disabled due to server problems. We will have this issue fixed shortly. which means that they are aware and fixing it.

I cant get into about 8 GC's in all.

No its not just you.

Plus it does say: This Game World is temporarily disabled due to server problems. We will have this issue fixed shortly. which means that they are aware and fixing it.

I cant get into about 8 GC's in all.

like I said earlier, probably the server migration of the GC's, as no-one with a gold account could log in this morning.

like I said earlier' date=' probably the server migration of the GC's, as no-one with a gold account could log in this morning.[/quote']

You might have said it earlier mate but the fact it says it on everyone's home page confirms it. Thats all I was saying. :)

50 working now.

Sent the defenders I had on loan for the cup semie but got knocked out :/ Thanks dai and Lyon manager forget his name!!

GC 67 Spanish Shield Round 2

Sevilla 2 - 0 Almería

GC 25SMFA Champions Cup Group G

Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fiorentina

Am out of the Champions cup now :/

This conversation must have bumped the devs into action.

Game Worlds are open now. :D Yey!

haha! bargain :D

EDIT: Just taken Zenit in GC7, decent squad at best, but have been a little neglected and 20th in the league. Gonna put a few players up for cash, and also, if anyone has 89+ for sale please get in touch via pm in-game.