Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Guest TOM_HEMY

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Still annoyed about GC69 but on a more positive note tonight Played 5 won 5 so far just waiting for one more to come in.

GC8-Palermo continue 100% start to the season with 3-1 cup win over Cagliari.

GC23-Feyenoord through to 2nd round of the cup with 4-1 win over FC Twente.

GC31-waiting for SMFA shield result to come in.

GC43-Lyon continue unbeaten start with 4-1 win over Clermont Foot.

GC61-Due to Schalke drawing and me beating Lyon 1-0 I go through to the next round of SMFA cup.

GC66-Bayern beat Dai's Werder 2-0 to send them through to the semis of the shield.

GC61 - Real Madrid

Beat Club America 5-1 with a hatrick from Raul and a brace from Marcelo. finish top of the group and face chelsea in the next round. should be a good tie tbh. although when i first took over i wanted the treble. i will now be happy with the double. allready have one trophy in the bag. but i dont think ill get past chelsea in the SMFA CC or Athletico in the shield.

Apologies too all for going off topic.

I was only pulling your leg mate, thought it would be ironic :P

GC58 - Gallas is coming home to Arsenal in a deal which sees Tuncay and Luis Garcia go the other way. Got beat in the 1st leg of the SMFA cup semi 4-2 to Galatasaray. Had to play the reserves, as I'm a point behind Radebe's Chelski with a game to play. Hopefully he'll slip up and I'll pip him to the title, then concentrate on winning by 3 clear goals in the 2nd leg of the Semi on Sunday.

GC19 - An excellent result for Ajax in their SMFA cup semi 1st leg against a vastly superior (on paper :P) Bayern side, Ajax winning 2-1 away from home.

Charity Shield, Dutch Shield and Dutch League already won, Dutch Cup Semi on Friday and the second leg against Bayern on Sunday - this could be a VERY big week :eek:

Down to 5 gc teams and 2 standards and that's it for me, won't be joining anymore gc's due to the debacle today and feel that im lucky with the teams i have and will carry on with them, quit udinese gc68 and cruz azul 69

GC31-Milan get beat from fluminese 3-2 in smfa cup

GC61-Man utd with 3-2 against river plate to set up a tie against inter in next round

GC66-Everton beat millwall on pens to get to the cup semi final

GC67-spurs lose 2-1 away in 1st leg to hanover in the smfa shield.

good night and happy with the man utd and everton result can live with the defeats

And it started off about Gold Championships' date=' hence it being the right place to be posted. It's a discussion, in which some may agree or disagree with.[/quote']

Its a discussion that should really be in the Game Development section of the forum thou if you want the Dev's to see it, because its about evolving the game from where it is at the moment. The server issues are never going to be resolved unless SM buy a stand alone server that can take the traffic of say 3000 random users refreshing against thier bandwidth at the same time, or they make 4 GC's one after each other in 30 min's intervals and limit the entry access to a 1/4 of GC accounts for each one.

Its a discussion that should really be in the Game Development section of the forum thou if you want the Dev's to see it' date=' because its about evolving the game from where it is at the moment. The server issues are never going to be resolved unless SM buy a stand alone server that can take the traffic of say 3000 random users refreshing against thier bandwidth at the same time, or they make 4 GC's one after each other in 30 min's intervals and limit the entry access to a 1/4 of GC accounts for each one.[/quote']

Would random times not work? They worked before. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer a set time as it gives me time to prepare and gives me a better chance to get a team as I'm not someone who sits infront of the computer refreshing a page 24 hours a days when its a random time as I do have a life :P but tbh if (I don't know whther a random time would make any difference) random times do work, then IMO they should continue making GCs at random times until they figure out a suitable way to fix the problem.

I'm not complaining, just posting something constructive :P:D

Would random times not work? They worked before. Don't get me wrong' date=' I much prefer a set time as it gives me time to prepare and gives me a better chance to get a team as I'm not someone who sits infront of the computer refreshing a page 24 hours a days when its a random time as I do have a life :P but tbh [b']if[/b] (I don't know whther a random time would make any difference) random times do work, then IMO they should continue making GCs at random times until they figure out a suitable way to fix the problem.

I'm not complaining, just posting something constructive :P:D

I can tell the difference mate :P

I havn't got a great problem with randoms, but I'm also safe in the knowledge I'v got the majority of big teams in my portfolio.

People seem to get so worked up that they will get Real or Barca, then the come-down when they don't spills into complaints and sometimes into abuse of SM which isn't constructive, particulary when things like today happen, when obviously the user traffic clicking on the set-up was to much for the server to handle.

So as you said it has to be either random times, but actually random for a change and not the majority between 5pm and 10pm lol

Or my idea of splitting times and accounts and have limited entry into GC's with a 1/4 of GC members being able to enter new GC at a time but have 4 on the same day so everyone would have a chance at the end of that day to enter a GC.

I havn't got a great problem with randoms' date=' but I'm also safe in the knowledge I'v got the majority of big teams in my portfolio.

People seem to get so worked up that they will get Real or Barca, then the come-down when they don't spills into complaints and sometimes into abuse of SM which isn't constructive, particulary when things like today happen, when obviously the user traffic clicking on the set-up was to much for the server to handle.

So as you said it has to be either random times, but actually random for a change and not the majority between 5pm and 10pm lol

[b']Or my idea of splitting times and accounts and have limited entry into GC's with a 1/4 of GC members being able to enter new GC at a time but have 4 on the same day so everyone would have a chance at the end of that day to enter a GC.[/b]

You have no idea how many problems that will create - people being assigned GC 1 of 4 to be made that day, but they will only be home for GC's 3 and 4 of that day - CARNAGE!!

Best thing SM can do is just make them - no warning whatsoever to anyone. If you're on at the time - whoopy-do and enjoy your Real, Barca etc. If not, Tango Sierra.

It makes it fairer as no-one is in the know about it at all, as well as there being no mass refresh problem which seems to be the main problem. It's annoying but it happens to countless sites (ie ticketing sites when big concerts go on sale etc) - there's companies a lot bigger than SM that go under through sheer weight of numbers, having truly random (not even a day, never mind a time) GC's is the only way to prevent this as you'd get a constant trickle of traffic as word gets round it's opened B)

I havn't got a great problem with randoms' date=' but I'm also safe in the knowledge I'v got the majority of big teams in my portfolio.

Or my idea of splitting times and accounts and have limited entry into GC's with a 1/4 of GC members being able to enter new GC at a time but have 4 on the same day so everyone would have a chance at the end of that day to enter a GC.[/quote']

Lol, just don't want people thinking its a complaint :P

My idea was to have about five or more random times in a row and then when they come up with a new method, try introducing it for one GC to see if it works. This way, everyone has had a chance to get a big club fairly without any trouble for 5+ GCs in a row and then if the new method fails then people have no right to complain as its only a once off as they can go back to randoms until they find a new method (I would be very suprised if someone complained).

Maybe your idea is probably a better way to go? :)

GC 1: Nantes 2-0 FC Gueugnon Progress to Cup Round 2

GC 2: FC Schalke 3-5 Ajax In a winner-takes-it-all match, since after Matchday 5 in SMFA champions cup, all teams were level on 7 points (2-1-2). Topped the table, 2 legs against Rapid Wien next

GC 59: Huracan 2-2 San Lorenzo (San Lorenzo win 3-1 on penalties) Crashed out on penalties at the Cup Round 2

Decided to take over SC Paderborn 07 in german second division and play for a job offer and think that's what ill do from now on as got sniffs of getting a team if these erros keep coming, might as well use my gold account while i have it, any loans welcome :D

An excellent Saint-Etienne is available in GC 23 and have been for a while it seems. Since they already lost a player, only Dabo though:o

Brighi,Gomis,Didot,Coutadeur,ilsinho,Matuidi,Gervinho,Apam etc etc...

Lovely team.

Nice to see Germany div 2 in GC 69 filling up. A shame that it will be left with 3 or 4 managers by the end of this month:p:o

Best of luck to all.

Germany Div 2 GC69 looks so good!

TuS Koblenz - KNVB

FSV Frankfurt - PET

Arminia - Tom Hemy

Kaiserslautern - Sheva

Paderborn - Nin

Union Berlin - Me

Duisberg - Gazza

Augsberg - Clarkey (I think)

St Pauli - Col

Greuther Fürth - Nick Justice

TSV - Kuldeep

Aachen - Sean

Rostock - Craig

Carl Zeiss are still free ;)

Although as Sheva says, I'll be surprised if there are still 5 managers in there come october :o

Just Taken Over Ben's Old Real In Gold Championship 13. This And Roma In GC 69 Are My Only GC Teams ATM So I'll try and be active as possible with this team. Raul Is Availble ATM. Would Like A Young 91/92 Replacment And A Youngish 90 In Any Other Position

:).

TuS Koblenz - KNVB

FSV Frankfurt - PET

Arminia - Tom Hemy

Kaiserslautern - Sheva

Paderborn - Nin

Union Berlin - Me

Duisberg - Gazza

St Pauli - Col

TSV - Kuldeep

Aachen - Sean

Rostock - Craig

That's also the way the league is going to finish :D

TuS Koblenz - KNVB

FSV Frankfurt - PET

Arminia - Tom Hemy

Kaiserslautern - Sheva

Paderborn - Nin

Union Berlin - Me

Duisberg - Gazza

St Pauli - Col

TSV - Kuldeep

Aachen - Sean

Rostock - Craig

Carl Zeiss are still free ;)

Although as Sheva says' date=' I'll be surprised if there are still 5 managers in there come october :o[/quote']

add my name to that list :D

That's Germany full up :eek:

Speaking of Germany.. My Bayern Munich just won the German Cup in GC18 :D By far my favourite GC team.

Bayern GC18

Division 1 Runners-Up (Season 3). German Cup Winners (Season 3). Shield Winners (Season 3).

Division 1 Runners-Up (Season 2). German Cup Runners-Up (Season 2).

Division 1 Winners (Season 1). German Shield Winners (Season 1). SMFA Champions Cup Runners-Up (Season 1)

Speaking of Germany.. My Bayern Munich just won the German Cup in GC18 :D By far my favourite GC team.

Bayern GC18

Division 1 Runners-Up (Season 3). German Cup Winners (Season 3). Shield Winners (Season 3).

Division 1 Runners-Up (Season 2). German Cup Runners-Up (Season 2).

Division 1 Winners (Season 1). German Shield Winners (Season 1). SMFA Champions Cup Runners-Up (Season 1)

Very similar to my Schalke GC38.

Charity Shield Winners (Season 3). Division 1 Winners (Season 2). Charity Shield Winners (Season 2). SMFA Champions Cup Runners-Up (Season 2). Division 1 Winners (Season 1). German Cup Runners-Up (Season 1). German Shield Runners-Up (Season 1). SMFA Champions Cup Winners (Season 1). :)