Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

And were the results as big as those? Burnley beat Man United 1-0' date=' Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1 not 6-0.[/quote']

Your point only holds water if both sides are unchanged transfer wise from the real life squad and the tactics used are also the tactics used in real life.

Because the tactics on the game is a bit more advanced now people are falling foul of making basic errors when setting thier teams up and they are getting wacked game in game out.

Like someone said no-ones got a divine right to win every match and no-ones got the divine right to win every honour.

You just have to look at Jacks 5 Champs league finals in a row in GC4 to see tactics play a massive part in game.

Your point only holds water if both sides are unchanged transfer wise from the real life squad and the tactics used are also the tactics used in real life.

Because the tactics on the game is a bit more advanced now people are falling foul of making basic errors when setting thier teams up and they are getting wacked game in game out.

Like someone said no-ones got a divine right to win every match and no-ones got the divine right to win every honour.

You just have to look at Jacks 5 Champs league finals in a row in GC4 to see tactics play a massive part in game.

Must only be in the early GC's then. Unmanaged sides winning throphies left right and centre in the later ones.

Must only be in the early GC's then. Unmanaged sides winning throphies left right and centre in the later ones.

Which proves the games AI has improved not got worse, because unmanaged teams arn't just sticking out a plain 4-4-2 anymore in every match.

Also in the later GC's thier are a hell of a lot of in-exprienced managers, as most of the people that have been here for 3+ years main GC teams are in GC's 1 to 15 and now 19.

Let me explain some of my results..

My Man United in GC20 lost 3-2 to PNE because of poor tactics. They've been bad for over a season i cant get it right with them for some reason. Match report show

In Gc21 i played the same team from Thursday night so they were not fit so my team was outplayed and the stats show that. Although 6-0 is a touch flattering.

GC38 Inter Vs AC Milan that could have went either way, dissappointing loss as i am top of the league.

GC42 Uniteds 2-1 loss to Wigan was not too bad stats were even.

GC33 Bayerns 5-0 hammering by Borussia has me stumped, 26 match unbeaten streak ended emphatically.

my stats in red

Possession

49% 51%

Total Shots

11 17

Shots On Target

5 10

Corners

3 7

Yellow Cards

0 0

Red Cards

0 0

Your guess is as good as mine there.

Again i reiterate, I am not moaning about the ME (well apart from the GC33 result :D), i dont normally post my results but as tonight was a bad one for me as that many losses doesnt happen often, i thought i would share.

Which proves the games AI has improved not got worse' date=' because unmanaged teams arn't just sticking out a plain 4-4-2 anymore in every match.

Also in the later GC's thier are a hell of a lot of in-exprienced managers, as most of the people that have been here for 3+ years main GC teams are in GC's 1 to 15 and now 19.[/quote']

But when the unmanaged sides are all nmf, playing 4-4-2 and have a squad of 21 so they can't compete in 3 competitions or more because the fitness system is unrealistic.

Let me explain some of my results..

My Man United in GC20 lost 3-2 to PNE because of poor tactics. They've been bad for over a season i cant get it right with them for some reason. Match report show

In Gc21 i played the same team from Thursday night so they were not fit so my team was outplayed and the stats show that. Although 6-0 is a touch flattering.

GC38 Inter Vs AC Milan that could have went either way' date=' dissappointing loss as i am top of the league.

GC42 Uniteds 2-1 loss to Wigan was not too bad stats were even.

GC33 Bayerns 5-0 hammering by Borussia has me stumped, 26 match unbeaten streak ended emphatically.

Your guess is as good as mine there.

Again i reiterate, I am not moaning about the ME (well apart from the GC33 result :D), i dont normally post my results but as tonight was a bad one for me as that many losses doesnt happen often, i thought i would share.[/quote']

Unrealistic ME, it's ridiculus, i had a game in gc15 w/Celtic, i had 17 shots on target and got one goal, the other team had 2 on target and got 2 goals.

Unrealistic ME' date=' it's ridiculus, i had a game in gc15 w/Celtic, i had 17 shots on target and got one goal, the other team had 2 on target and got 2 goals.[/quote']

So essentially your saying a team that has more shots on targets should win all the time? You didn't win because you didn't choose the right tactics. Get over it.

GC26-Newcastle draw with Pompey away 1-1 still sat in the shield places but going for glory in the smfa cup

GC31-Milan suffer a 4-0 pasting at the hands of Napoli, who i face in the cup on monday also, still in the shield places so that's a good things considering i'm on a awful run of form culminating in the odd win in the last 10 games or so.

GC61-Man Utd draw 2-2 away at wigan who only had 2 shots on target god i love the clinical finishing. Still top on GD

GC70-CSKA draw 0-0 with Shakhtar least it stopped the run of straight defeats :P

GC71-Shakhtar beat Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 to move upto 3rd spot.

GC72-Porto carry on their 100% start with a 2-0 win over Sporting de Braga (only had 2 shots on target, my turn to praise the clinical finishing now)

GC73-Milan fight back from 2-1 down to win 3-2, Good ratings and performance and just glad to start with a win

GC 55: FC Porto 3-2 Leixoes.

GC 3: Tsv 1860 Munchen 0-1 FC Schalke 04.

GC 61: Dynamo Moscow 3-3 Cska Moscow.

GC 1: Karlsruher 1-1 Hamburg SV.

GC 56: FK Moscow 2-8 Cska Moscow.Now that's a result for a 1st game in charge!

GC 28: Middlesbrough 2-0 Portsmouth.

GC 68: Villarreal 2-1 Xerez.

GC 71: Bayern Munich 2-0 Vfl Wolfsburg.

GC 52: Galatasary 2-3 Fenerbache.

GC 20: Espanyol 2-1 Atletico Madrid.

GC 47: Fulham 2-2 Tottenham.

GC 33: Regina 2-1 Udinese.

GC 42: Lyon 1-1 RC Lens.

GC 53: Vfl Bochum 0-4 Bayern Munich.

GC 34: Werder Bremen 0-1 Arminia Bielefeld.

GC 41: Benfica 2-0 Naval.

GC 26: Celtic 2-0 Hibernian.

GC 39: Borrussia Mochengladbach 0-1 Werder Bremen.

GC 50: Sampdoria 1-1 Fiorentina.

GC 73: Internazionale 4-1 Bari. Good result first game.

GC 15: Az Alkmaar 5-2 Ajax. First game, First win.

Played: 21

Won: 12

Drew: 5

Lost: 4

Not a good night.

Won: 7

Drew: 2

Lost: 3

GC2 - Lazio 4-0 Ascoli. This just seems to be one of them teams, haven't paid much attention to them or been active transfer wise but just got the tactics right. :)

GC54 - Valencia 0-2 Deportivo. Not going well at the moment :o

GC68 - Everton 2-0 Bolton

GC69 - CSKA 2-3 Lokomotiv

GC40 - Manchester City 4-1 Sheffield United

GC41 - Grimsby 6-1 MK Dons

GC39 - Inter 2-0 Torino. Go 2 points ahead as Fiorentina draw with Frosione.

GC50 - Atletico Madrid 2-1 Osasuna

GC7 - Feyenord 0-2 Club Brugge :(

GC73 - Santos 3-1 Internacional

GC38 - Schalke 1-1 Borussia Monchengladbach

GC46 - Hoffenheim 1-1 Freiburg

Overall not too bad, but need to be paying more attention to some teams. I kinda feel like i want to cut down on the amount of teams i have and pay more attention to a select few, but then i can't decide which ones to quit. :(:o

quite an unbelievable night for me:eek::D

Played -18

Won - 16

Drew - 2

Lost - 0

GC 2 - FC Porto 4 - 0 Panathinaikos

GC 5 - FC København 4 - 2 Lyn Oslo

GC 18 - Vélez Sársfield 4 - 1 Arsenal de Sarandí

GC 19 - Atlas 2 - 1 Puebla

GC 20 - Arsenal 3 - 2 Liverpool (good start to the season:D)

GC 24 - Everton 1 - 1 Middlesbrough (need 1 point from final game to win div 1:D ... will probably lose:rolleyes:)

GC 29 - Ajax 5 - 0 FC Twente

GC 30 - Udinese 1 - 1 Juventus

GC 33 - Milan 4 - 0 Piacenza

GC 36 - Werder Bremen 3 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt

GC 37 - Internazionale 6 - 1 Parma

GC 38 - Fenerbahçe SK 2 - 0 Besiktas JK

GC 44 - Fiorentina 5 - 0 Torino

GC 46 - Lyon 4 - 1 RC Lens

GC 48 - Barcelona 1 - 0 Racing Santander

GC 49 - Notts County 7 - 1 Walsall

GC 51 - Leeds United 5 - 1 Notts County

GC 61 - Valencia 2 - 1 Tenerife

quite an unbelievable night for me:eek::D

Played -18

Won - 16

Drew - 2

Lost - 0

GC 2 - FC Porto 4 - 0 Panathinaikos

GC 5 - FC København 4 - 2 Lyn Oslo

GC 18 - Vélez Sársfield 4 - 1 Arsenal de Sarandí

GC 19 - Atlas 2 - 1 Puebla

GC 20 - Arsenal 3 - 2 Liverpool (good start to the season:D)

GC 24 - Everton 1 - 1 Middlesbrough (need 1 point from final game to win div 1:D ... will probably lose:rolleyes:)

GC 29 - Ajax 5 - 0 FC Twente

GC 30 - Udinese 1 - 1 Juventus

GC 33 - Milan 4 - 0 Piacenza

GC 36 - Werder Bremen 3 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt

GC 37 - Internazionale 6 - 1 Parma

GC 38 - Fenerbahçe SK 2 - 0 Besiktas JK

GC 44 - Fiorentina 5 - 0 Torino

GC 46 - Lyon 4 - 1 RC Lens

GC 48 - Barcelona 1 - 0 Racing Santander

GC 49 - Notts County 7 - 1 Walsall

GC 51 - Leeds United 5 - 1 Notts County

GC 61 - Valencia 2 - 1 Tenerife

Ah when I see results like that you make me quite jealous! Only Joking! Well Played! :D Well after quite a few good nights over the past few weeks I could tell a bad set of results was going to come up soon for me!

Unrealistic ME' date=' it's ridiculus, i had a game in gc15 w/Celtic, i had 17 shots on target and got one goal, the other team had 2 on target and got 2 goals.[/quote']

Can you do anything other than moaning or abusing someone? Why do you bother playing if the ME is so ridiculous?:rolleyes:

GC1 - Rangers 6-1 Motherwell......

GC20 - Rangers 0 - 3 Celtic .....

GC26 - Sporting CP 1-5 Benfica......

GC27 - Birmingham City 2-3 Tottenham......

GC33 - Borossia Monchangladbach 0-3 Erzgebirge Aue .....

GC35 - Racing Santander 0-4 Real Madrid......

GC39 - Fenerbahce 4-0 Sivasspor......

GC43 - Karlsruher 1-1 Bayern Munich......

GC49 - Cruzeiro 2-0 Sport Recife......

GC51 - Chelsea 0-1 Everton......

GC53 - Spartak 4-1 Amkar.....

GC64 - Sporting 0-2 Deportivo......

GC65 - Celtic 2-0 Hamilton Academial......

GC66 - Hannover 96 1-3 Leverkusen.....

GC67 - Borussia Dortmund 0-2 Bayern Munich......

GC68 - Morelia 2-1 San Luis. .....

GC71 - Real Madrid 2-1 Espanyol......

GC73 - Ajax 3-3 SC Heerenveen......

P-18

W-15

D-2

L-1

Probably one of my best nights on SM over the years. Fair play to the Celtic manager in GC20 tho, beaten me 3 times within a month :o.

tbh, I've enjoyed GC73 (Heerenveen) the most. I've found rebuilding quite fun even though relegation looks very possible. Wage bill will kill me for the first season but after that things will look alot more positive.

Haha :P

Tonight in GC 42 my Lyon challenging former champions league final opponents Man Utd. Looking for a challenge to waken up my team and none better than Allan's excellent United side.

Will be trying an experimental lineup tonight, hopefully it will work wonders. ;)

For revenge I presume ;) lol

Revenge would be nice but until i meet you in an important match it can wait. If tonight goes well i may start using this more.

Also in GC42 i made alot of players available for loan. Not high rated ones mainly in the 70's but a few in the 80's like Kuzczack, Rafael, Fabio, Nounkeu, Welbeck, Asamoah and Gibson.

Good GC Night For Me! Played: 4 Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1

GC70: Chesterfield 1-0 Swindon Town -- Jamie Ward bags the winner -- Moves me up to 12th in the league.

GC71: Rotherham 1-1 Macclesfield -- Drawn all 4 games of the season (1 of them cup game won on pens) -- 13th in the league.

GC72: Crystal Palace 2-5 Watford -- Won 1 Lost 2 -- Moves me down to 14th but I'm looking to do some major transfers if anyone is interested in my players.

GC73: Reading 0-2 Sheffield United -- Ched Evans scores twice on opening game of season too give me a win. -- Top of the league see how long that lasts :rolleyes: