Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Hi guys,

GC81 was a promotional Gold Championship aimed at the long standing members, just as an earlier one was a promotional Game World aimed at new Gold Members.

Looking to the future we will be doing other promotional Gold Championships, and if you would like to put forward suggestions then we are 'all ears'.

We will also be (finally) introducing a new Gold Championship format in the new year, and if you would like to discuss what additional leagues, competitions etc you would like to see then feel free to start a new thread (which I will monitor and contribute towards) :).

back on SM babeeey:D HAPPY to see me or wa:Dtoday 1st time i've bee on in ages and saw tht gc81 was created today did people have to buy their team today or was it free?wb please

it was made yesterday for people who have 200+ rep then today it was open to everyone and it was free

i hope people dont have to pay for their clubs now' date='fancy gettinh some top teams again,SM have probably mde arund £5,000 through this reserve feature its christmas let the be free[/quote']

Of course there will be GC's made charging £2.99. Its been a massive success for SM so they wont stop.

Guest TOM_HEMY

Hi guys' date='

GC81 was a promotional Gold Championship aimed at the long standing members, just as an earlier one was a promotional Game World aimed at new Gold Members.

Looking to the future we will be doing other promotional Gold Championships, and if you would like to put forward suggestions then we are 'all ears'.

We will also be (finally) introducing a new Gold Championship format in the new year, and if you would like to discuss what additional leagues, competitions etc you would like to see then feel free to start a new thread (which I will monitor and contribute towards) :).[/quote']

People who have over a certain amount of GC honours or who are on the best managers list.

People who have over a certain amount of GC honours or who are on the best managers list.

Thats an idea - could start with over 100 winning honours - then over 90 ect ect with 30 min intervals between sections

Guest Abdel Zizi

Thats an idea - could start with over 100 winning honours - then over 90 ect ect with 30 min intervals between sections

Don't like the idea, as it will mainly help people who play the game for 4 years.

They are longer on the game, had more time to win titles, more change to get a top team (easier honours), etc, etc..

It does sound good, but I don't believe honours reflect ability.

Guest TOM_HEMY

Don't like the idea' date=' as it will mainly help people who play the game for 4 years.

They are longer on the game, had more time to win titles, more change to get a top team (easier honours), etc, etc..

It does sound good, but I don't believe honours reflect ability.[/quote']

But it's rewarding them for success not playing the game for nearly 4 years.

Don't like the idea' date=' as it will mainly help people who play the game for 4 years.

It does sound good, but I don't believe honours reflect ability.[/quote']

Of course theres the argument that people like to take smaller teams, but the majority of the time the honours does reflect ability. It's the best idea thats been put forward so far...

Guest Abdel Zizi

But it's rewarding them for success not playing the game for nearly 4 years.

The point I try to make is that succes becomes exponentially bigger througout years of play.

How longer you play, the more chances at big teams you've got and the more teams you probably have that are able to get honours.

For instance, I manage Triestina in GC1 (fictive)

It's not a good team, but I built it the right way, and after 4 years, it has become great.

You have had to play this game for over 4 years to be in charge of such a good team and get honours with it.

So, in short, years and big teams = more honours.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Of course theres the argument that people like to take smaller teams' date=' but the majority of the time the honours does reflect ability. It's the best idea thats been put forward so far...[/quote']

I think Romano's idea is far better, reward managers who can get over a certain amount of points per game.

That way you are sure it reflects ability.

Guest TOM_HEMY

The point I try to make is that succes becomes exponentially bigger througout years of play.

How longer you play' date=' the more chances at big teams you've got and the more teams you probably have that are able to get honours.

For instance, I manage Triestina in GC1 (fictive)

It's not a good team, but I built it the right way, and after 4 years, it has become great.

You have had to play this game for over 4 years to be in charge of such a good team.

So, in short, years and big teams = more honours.[/quote']

True true, point understanded, but it was just a suggestion and there's always floors to everything so maybe it should be done on most recent honour then, something like:

Top ten team for SMFA cup.

11-30 rated team for SMFA shield.

31-50 for League.

And so on.

Hi guys' date='

[b']We will also be (finally) introducing a new Gold Championship format in the new year, and if you would like to discuss what additional leagues, competitions etc you would like to see then feel free to start a new thread (which I will monitor and contribute towards) :).[/b]

About time :P I'd better purchase a few extra slots soon in preperation I reckon :D

I think Romano's idea is far better' date=' reward managers who can get over a certain amount of points per game.

That way you are sure it reflects ability.[/quote']

True, i must admit i had forgot that one.

Guest Abdel Zizi

True true' date=' point understanded, but it was just a suggestion and there's always floors to everything so maybe it should be done on most recent honour then, something like:

Top ten team for SMFA cup.

11-30 rated team for SMFA shield.

31-50 for League.

And so on.[/quote']

Yeah, although I don't fully understand what the whole idea is, a structure like that could be very good.

I doubt it would be easy to do this though, but it's a good idea.

GC16: Zenit - Complete the double' date=' winning the Russia & Ukraine Cup.

Honour 97! Feels like the last 10 is taking forever!!![/quote']

Congratulations Dai, your nearly there. Just out of interest, does/did that Zenit have Tevez? if so they are my old team from a while back, when my account got hacked the guy done a very poor deal which forced me to quit, I was really peed off aswell as I won a cup.

Congratulations Dai' date=' your nearly there. Just out of interest, does/did that Zenit have Tevez? if so they are my old team from a while back, when my account got hacked the guy done a very poor deal which forced me to quit, I was really peed off aswell as I won a cup.[/quote']

Yeah. It is that team mate. The team history says you were the manager for 4 games. I have been here 115 games now, almost a year.

Yeah. It is that team mate. The team history says you were the manager for 4 games. I have been here 115 games now' date=' almost a year.[/quote']

Glad someone got them and sorted them out. The deal that the guy done that hacked my account really killed my depth and everything, well done though.