• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Great night, had some big wins, and only a few disappointing results. Norwich (3) and Real Madrid (8) both win their domestic league titles also.:D

Played 22

Won 18

Drew 2

Lost 2

GC 3: Millwall 2-8 Norwich City - Norwich win the league on the last day of the season and will be playing Division 2 football next season!

GC 4: Grimsby Town 2-1 Portsmouth - First win in 7 games so very pleased, although it is against the bottom club.

GC 6: 1. FC Nurnberg 7-1 MSV Duisburg - In 4th place after 4 games.

GC 8: Real Madrid 1-1 Espanyol - Real Madrid win the league with 97 points, finishing 19 points clear of 2nd place Espanyol. Played my weakest team tonight to rest players for Spanish Cup Semi final and SMFA Cup semi final coming up.

GC 11: Germinal Beerschot 1-5 PSV - Stay 5th after 30 games, just looking to see this season out and have my first full season in the next one.

GC 13: Sunderland 2-1 Arsenal - Bad result but thankfully all the top 3 teams including us lost so we still stay 2nd.

GC 18: Milan 8-1 Siena - Won 8-2 on Saturday and 8-1 tonight, stay 2nd but as I’ve said before we won’t catch Fiorentina.

GC 26: Zenit 3-1 Metalist - Stay 3rd after 6 games.

GC 27: Manchester United 3-2 Manchester City - Up to 4th after 6 games.

GC 30: Aberdeen 0-3 Celtic - Up to 3rd after 4 games, level on points with the leaders,

GC 34: Athletic Club 1-2 Valencia - First league win as Valencia after we drew in the first game of the season.

GC 52: Inter Milan 2-1 Genoa - Stay top by two points, six games left of the season.

GC 55: 1. FC Koln 1-6 Bayern Munich - Still unbeaten so far this season, stay 2nd after 6 games.

GC 57: Real Madrid 1-1 Malaga - Played 2nd team so a draw’s not a bad result.

GC 65: Villarreal 1-3 Sevilla - Only took one point from a possible six in last two games so hopefully this will kickstart our season.

GC 66: Pacos de Ferreira 0-1 FC Porto - 2 wins from 2 so far in the league.

GC 70: Barcelona 2-1 Tenerife - Beat these 12-1 earlier in the season, suppose I’ll take a 2-1 this time seen as it was the 2nd team playing. 12 points clear, 12 games to go.

GC 71: Juventus 3-2 Chievo - Juve go top of the league after Milan drew, 24 games gone and our next game is against Milan, could stretch the lead to 4 points.

GC 72: Chievo 1-4 Roma - Good win and Roma stay 3rd, three points behind leaders Inter.

GC 73: Osasuna 1-3 Atletico Madrid - Stay 3rd, 22 games gone.

GC 74: Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Great result keeps us 2nd in the league, 20 games gone.

GC 83: Manchester City 4-3 Manchester United - My bad record in derbies continue, I very rarely win them (apart from GC27 apparently).

Got another 2 runner-up honours tonight, with Dortmund in GC 44 and Red Bull Salzburg in GC 8, 3rd time in a row now since taking over with Salzburg. That makes it 8 league runners-up with only one win now. I'm just glad I won some cups, 9 winning honours and 16 runners-up is till ok though.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Saw Werder Bremen in GC83 free, good team, and from what I glanced they were complete + Amauri, but I cba to take them.

Some other bloke can get it, I'll wait to take a better another day.

In GC81, Inter is looking for managers interested in buying Zanetti and Cordoba.

They are old, but both 94 and very much as solid as it can get.

So I can wait and see if anyone is interested after the changes, but If anyone wants them, make an offer...

The deal for Ansaldi of 15m + Materazzi is completed within an hour or so.

Guest Abdel Zizi

BTW, this offer was accepted in GC10 today, but cancelled afterwards:

The deal reported to be worth £24,000,000 involving Edin DZEKO of Real Madrid and Osasuna has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

Please take an eye of them when I'm gone, I have exams and my time is limited.

Again it seems like I am the only so and so at work so got plenty of time to write an update on last nights results :)

GC 1- SC Freiburg 2 KAISERSLAUTEN 4

A Gignac hat-trick makes the diffeence up to 12th closing on those above rapidly and Ciani joins for 11.3m a bargain

GC 5- Internacional 3 Corinthians 1

A 2nd string Internacional after the thrilling 7-5 (:eek:) shield victory away at sao paulo on Monday come from a goal behind to win convincingly up to 6th in real good form after that horrendous start.

GC 14- PSV 4 Groningen 1

9th straight win unfortunatley Club Brugee have won 9 in a row as well so still 6points behind.

GC 19- Napoli 3 Parma 0

Napoli finally win at home afyer 4successive defeats the returning hero pato (2) and Cigarani, stay 4th really tight in this league between top 6, though Milan have a healthy enough 6point gap from me :( crunch game at 2nd placed Roma this weekend

GC 25- Sporting Lisbon 0 Maritimo 1

Awful result sees us slip to 2nd overtaken by Benfica on GD.

GC 28- Hull 2 Liverpool 1

Liverpool slip to there first league defeat of the season with a disappointing loss at Hull after taking the lead, down to 3rd.

GC 35- AS Nancy lorraine 0 Lille 0

Lille only have 1 point after 2games disappointing start to the season, havent played anybody decent either.

GC 49- Spartak Nalchik 0 Spartak Moscow 0

Fair enough result in a meaningless game played all the 70 rated youngsters, Moscow look forward to the play-off draw now.

GC 55- West Ham 2 Arsenal 4

Good start to the season continues for the reigning Champs, in 3rd place after 6games behind surprise leaders Stoke.

GC 61- Vasco De Gama 1 Internacional 6

An Esqueda hat-trick is the star of the show, open up a 9 point gap over Goias who leapfrogged Sao Paulo only dropped 2 points in 12 games so far this season a wonderful start.

GC 62- Eintracht Frankfurt 1 Werder Bremen 2

A comeback victory keps Werder bremen 3rd a point behind leaders Leverkusen and level with champs Bayern Munich, 10 games gone.

GC 69- Tottenham 1 Chelsea 1

Decenet enough draw away at a good Tottenham keeps Chelsea 10points clear 6games to go.

GC 73- Port Vale 0 Darlington 2

Darlington earn an impressive away victory in the clash of 2 of the top 3, 2 goals by French forward Butin sees darlington extend lead at top to 3 points from Notts County who dropped points at Barnet

GC 84- Valencia 2 Racing Santander 2

Cant do anything right with this team, 2 down within 5mins comeback to earn a draw, 18th after 4games, out of Spanish Shield, behind in SMFA Shield and I aint played anybody decent yetand still to win a game...dark times :o

Well pleased, was just on the way to college and switched radio stations and just caught my college's name in the list of colleges that are closed today :D

Won 2 leagues last night in GC3 & GC8 making it 30 winning GC honours :)

And finally, agreed 5 deals now in GC88, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres, Lucas & Insua all leaving.

The transfers can be so annoying sometimes on this game' date=' when you're getting a half-decent deal that you're fairly happy with they take about 8 hours to complete. When it's one you're really happy with they take 30+ hours to complete...! :mad:[/quote']

Tell me about it, total nightmare

Haven't done this in a while, but since I've been more active over this break, why not. Just a meh night really, 3Ws, 2Ds, and 2Ls.

GC69 Genoa: Early season transfers that were questionable now look alot more secure. 6W-2D-1L in last nine games and 7W-3D-1L in last 11. Up to 3rd place after big win over Juventus today. 9 points off Dan, who I don't think I'll catch up to, but 2nd place is a definitely possibility since I'm only 2 points off of him and on better form. Also in Italian Cup Quarter Finals. Definitely have to say I'm proud of this team.

GC70 Siena: After a very promising start, the team hit some rough patches (and was somewhat neglected by me) and is now trying to recover. 4W-1D-1L in last six matches, but the draw came today against Livorno. I'm playing the diamond 4-4-2, mainly in an attempt to utilize Deco as best I can, but its yielding relatively inconsistent results. Anyhow, Siena currently sit 6th, but are only 3 points off of third.

GC73 OGC Nice: Bright start, currently doing terrible. Sitting 15th place in the league atm after another loss today. However, the reason I'm still with them is that they have made it to the SMFA Shield Quarterfinals. Hopefully they can keep going.

GC72 AS Saint-Etienne: Another one of my overachievers. 1st the league and runners up in the Shield, the season has definitely been successful thus far. However 3 draws in the last 5 matches has cut the lead at the top to 2 points. Only real rival for the title is AJ Auxerre, 3rd place is 9 points off.

GC62 Real Betis: One of the inconsistent Diamond 4-4-2 teams of mine. Has plenty of players who I don't know to get rid of, too much money in the balance, and yea, its pretty rough right now. Beat Real Madrid 2-0 last match day, but lost 2-1 to Barcelona today.

GC63 Besiktas JK: Early in the new season. Aside from losing twice to Fenerbahce SK this season, one in the league and once in the charity shield. Besiktas has dominated just about everything else. 4 points clear in the league and 3-0-0 in the SMFA Champions Cup Group Stage.

GC81 Roma: My only big team. Finally getting things organized after a messy start. Not much to report here, other than looking to make as many deals as possible. If you're in the GC, please make offers!

The transfers can be so annoying sometimes on this game' date=' when you're getting a half-decent deal that you're fairly happy with they take about 8 hours to complete. When it's one you're really happy with they take 30+ hours to complete...! :mad:[/quote']

Just cost me a deal in one GC.

OOO should be a good battle. Only players to arrive at Parkhead are Alexander Frei and Yasin Pehlivan.

After a lot consideration I am prepared to let Luis Suarez leave Ajax in GC79. I would like 2x88 for him. Preferbly a Winger and a Striker' date=' both must under 26. Happy Bidding! :D[/b']

I sold Suarez in 83 and got Vincent Kompany and Roque Santa Cruz for him.:)

Two honours confirmed from last night:

GC42: Leeds win Div 3 title (by 12 points) - poor squad relying on loans, will probably struggle next year, play offs at a push...

GC43: Chelsea win Div 2 Title (Yes Div 2!) took them over with 15 games to go, sitting in play off position but a bit off the pace, 13 league victories out of 14 was a great run, and needed to as last day victory was required to steal the league title from Wolverhampton Wanderers. Got some great players but zero depth, relying on loan players for first XI! - hopefully i'll get some cash for next season, really don't want to trade out the big guns so this is going to be a long project....

GC1: Toulouse 2-2 PSG. PSG top the table so good result there. Very even match

GC4: UNAM Pumas 1-0 Velez Sarsfield. Only 1 point off 2nd now. Routine win.

GC10: Triestina 1-5 Sampdoria. New team, don't care much. Probably won't continue after end of season (only 6 games in). Good result though.

GC14: Santos 0-1 Boca Juniors. Bounced back after last week's loss to 2nd place Penarol. Hoping to continue climbing up the table (slowly)

GC32: Torino 2-0 Parma. Leg 2 of SMFA shield now. Facing league leaders Roma after 1-4 loss at home in league and 1-3 loss in Cup. Not Hopeful of a spot in next round.

GC34: Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Hertha BSC. They only had 2 shots on target. Should have won it.

GC35: Osasuna 2-2 Barcelona. This team is slowly convincing me that i don't like "Big" Teams. Can't do anything right. Should i have left Genoa??

GC40: Season Over. Cup semi's on monday. Should win easily (expecting unfair loss)

GC56: Season Over. Nothing happening at Estudiantes

GC59: Colon 2-2 Gimnasia de Jujuy. Now 4 points off top. Must stop dropping points

GC77: Rotherham United 2-0 Port Vale. Beat " Craig Johnson"'s Port Vale. Still 4th. 1 point off 1st

GC81: Independiente 0-3 Velez Sarsfield. Another win, still top. Youngsters got another win earlier in week

GC86: Pacos de Ferreira 0-2 Sporting de Braga. 3rd game Sporting who are only other 6 pointers in league. Should be interesting!

Wins: 7

Draws: 4

Losses: 0

GC6 - Ajax - still looking for a new GK and a LB.

GC7 - Milan - looking for one more CB and a LB.

GC16 - Stevenage - not really looking to buy anyone else just yet, but 1 or 2 decent youths are available for cash.

GC39 - Liverpool - looking to have a bit of re-shuffle now the league has finished. Anyone can be made available for p/e.

GC84 - Roma - no major signings made at all yet. De Rossi is available for the right p/e deal.

GC 59: Rangers continue their fine form with a 4-0 win over Hibs. The players must have their shooting boots on with 14 goals in the last 3 games.

GC 16: Napoli can only draw 2-2 with a poor Bologna side. Not happy with the side at the moment.

GC 61: Panathinikos narrowly beat Aris 2-1 to stay in second place. Its now 6 wins on the trot in the league for my favourite side at the moment.

GC 20: Shaktar are held to a boring 0-0 draw with Dynamo Moscow. Going to concentrate on the SMFA Shield and Russian cup from now on.

GC 34: Espanyol win their first game of the season as they win 2-1 over Mallorca.

GC 32: Another draw. Flamengo draw 1-1 with Botafoga.

GC 58: Celtic can't beat Hearts as it finishes 2-2.

GC 33: Marsaille beat EA Guingamp 2-1 to go top of the French second division. How the previous manager managed to get this team relegated Ill never know.

GC 27: First league game in change of Werder Bremen goes well with a 4-1 win over VFL Bochum.

Played 9

Won 5

Draw 4

Lost 0

Anyone else think GC 89 will be made today?