Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I'll post this here so everyone has the pleasure of reading it :)

You labelled them both ugly' date=' if that wasn't a reference to their footballing style, what exactly were you talking about? :o

Oh and no need to swear, play nice ;)[/quote']

Ugly teams?

They are mostly the subject of a lack of interest, as they are only cheered to by a select few (mostly based of whereabouts)

Their tradition and legacy is very limited, they only produce 1 or 2 worhty players every 10 year and they just fill the voids, to compete with the teams that do matter, the beautiful teams.

You were just wrong to assume "ugly" was a term used to sescribe their playing styles, while I meant the much more richer meaning.

Before I get the "God bless England and it's teams" response: Hangeland or Duff aren't players I call worthy.

Bolton had Djorkaeff and Bobic, but that was also 9 years ago. Only Anelka fits.

Fulham hasn't even have a top class player the last 10 years.

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Guest Abdel Zizi

What would you want for him' date=' idealy.[/quote']

Nothing too much, I'm listening to offers.

I offered him to someone for a far inferior player atm, but I love the player in question, so I hopes he does accept.

Who are you in GC45?

Ugly teams?

They are mostly the subject of a lack of interest' date=' as they are only cheered to by a select few (mostly based of whereabouts)

Their tradition and legacy is very limited, they only produce 1 or 2 worhty players every 10 year and they just fill the voids, to compete with the teams that do matter, the beautiful teams.

You were just wrong to assume "ugly" was a term used to sescribe their playing styles, while I meant the much more richer meaning.

Before I get the "God bless England and it's teams" response: Hangeland or Duff aren't players I call worthy.

Bolton had Djorkaeff and Bobic, but that was also 9 years ago. Only Anelka fits.

Fulham hasn't even have a top class player the last 10 years.[/quote']

I don't want to get too embroiled in all of this Abdel, but I think Jacko was just making the point that Bolton and Fulham have very contrasting styles of play. Bolton do indeed adopt a very rugged and direct approach to their play, but Fulham are quite the opposite. Roy Hodgson has helped them develop in a pretty good team who play some very decent football and to be fair, they have been like that for many years (thanks, mainly, to Jean Tigana).

That said, I think Jacko misinterpreted your initial statement, as I don't think you were calling their football teams ugly; more so that any deal for one of your players containing a Bolton or Fulham player would make the deal ugly. Or am I just completely wrong (and if I am, I shall retreat back into the hole that I crawled out of... :o)?

Guest Abdel Zizi

I don't want to get too embroiled in all of this Abdel' date=' but I think Jacko was just making the point that Bolton and Fulham have very contrasting styles of play. Bolton do indeed adopt a very rugged and direct approach to their play, but Fulham are quite the opposite. Roy Hodgson has helped them develop in a pretty good team who play some very decent football and to be fair, they have been like that for many years (thanks, mainly, to Jean Tigana).

That said, I think Jacko misinterpreted your initial statement, as I don't think you were calling their football teams ugly; more so that any deal for one of your players containing a Bolton or Fulham player would make the deal ugly. Or am I just completely wrong (and if I am, I shall retreat back into the hole that I crawled out of... :o)?[/quote']

I know that Jacko meant that their playing styles are very different :)

If was merely saying that the tradition of both teams and the players they have are hardly appealing.

That's not only those 2 teams, but also teams like WBA, Wigan, Hull.

Every country has that kind of teams, the kind that always finish between 7th and 18th place, never relegate, but never really get the hearts pumped up.

The discussion started with Walcott, of whom I believe he does get the hearts pumped up of a much bigger crowd than for instance Brede Hangeland does.

Hangeland is a decent player, get's the job done, but I can't say I'm dreaming of Hangeland nor Fulham as a whole when thinking of football.

I know that Jacko meant that their playing styles are very different :)

If was merely saying that the tradition of both teams and the players they have are hardly appealing.

That's not only those 2 teams' date=' but also teams like WBA, Wigan, Hull.

Every country has that kind of teams, the kind that always finish between 7th and 18th place, never relegate, but never really get the hearts pumped up.

The discussion started with Walcott, of whom I believe he does get the hearts pumped up of a much bigger crowd than for instance Brede Hangeland does.

Hangeland is a decent player, get's the job done, but I can't say I'm dreaming of Hangeland nor Fulham as a whole when thinking of football.[/quote']

I appreciate that man. This kind of feels like going down a road that we've all already been down before, and I'm sure that you don't have the same effort or desire to go down it once more, disproving your detractors along the way.

Guest Abdel Zizi

I appreciate that man. This kind of feels like going down a road that we've all already been down before' date=' and I'm sure that you don't have the same effort or desire to go down it once more, disproving your detractors along the way.[/quote']

Yeah, I know.

I was thinking of that myself, but I wouldn't allow it to go that way.

I have the link of that thread and I was already prepared to just copy/paste it when inappropriate responses occured.

Thought I just politely answered Jacks question, as we are both equally entitled to give each other the word.

AC Milan should come free in GC20 in the Morning they were one of BosanĨeros' teams and they havent been taken yet. Hopefully someone willing to do some deals gets them.

Anymore teams you know of...?

Pity who gets that Milan will never be able to overthrow the dominance of AS Roma! :P

Guest Abdel Zizi

I was trying to get the Chelsea that came free' date=' but it was literally gone in like half a second. I got another Roma, Juve, and Lyon tho.[/quote']

Yeah, that would be Jake, who joins me in my fav GC45, where I am Genoa, my fav team.

Managed to get one of my targets with Bayern M (GC50) which is a fantastic German league filled with forumers!

I think i must have missed the Arsenal (GC19) while i got the Bayern but ah well at least i got something.

You couldn't of missed the Arsenal. They weren't there to begin with. :P They had already been accepted.

Guest Abdel Zizi

gone:cool:

Yep, Aaron Hartnett got them.

I really hope he'll sell me Gignac, as I would fulfill a long standing bet if I get him with Genoa.