Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

I don't want to get too embroiled in all of this Abdel' date=' but I think Jacko was just making the point that Bolton and Fulham have very contrasting styles of play. Bolton do indeed adopt a very rugged and direct approach to their play, but Fulham are quite the opposite. Roy Hodgson has helped them develop in a pretty good team who play some very decent football and to be fair, they have been like that for many years (thanks, mainly, to Jean Tigana).

That said, I think Jacko misinterpreted your initial statement, as I don't think you were calling their football teams ugly; more so that any deal for one of your players containing a Bolton or Fulham player would make the deal ugly. Or am I just completely wrong (and if I am, I shall retreat back into the hole that I crawled out of... :o)?[/quote']

I misinterpreted it because Abdel as ever uses completely the wrong words. If "ugly" means they haven't had any major success in their history, that applies to almost every team across Europe bar a select group of about 20. As English probably isn't his first language i'll let him off :-)

However this isn't really the place to discuss his pompous and elitist take on the game of football :o

GC90 - I clicked onto it 16:13 and all the "beautiful" teams (see what i did there? ;)) had gone. SM must be raking it in B)

• Replies 60.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Decided not to join GC90' date=' i'm getting bored of paying constantly, the Gold Members pay enough as it is and it's beyond a joke all of these pay GC's. Make some free ones.[/quote']

Dont bother stelly boy, I whinged for ages it does no good

Decided not to join GC90' date=' i'm getting bored of paying constantly, the Gold Members pay enough as it is and it's beyond a joke all of these pay GC's. Make some free ones.[/quote']

I just decided not to join because IMO it becomes boring joining nearly every new GC created not to mention the fact the same 20-30 people who are always online and always pick up the same group of teams makes it a bit dull competiting against the same people all the time every GC starts becoming the same . Honestly for the life of me apart from maybe the top 10teams I cant understand paying for them, you can pick the rest up easy enough

Love one during the night say 4am created coz at least then it aint the same load of people sharing those 20-30 clubs around be nice to compete against other people

I misinterpreted it because Abdel as ever uses completely the wrong words. If "ugly" means they haven't had any major success in their history' date=' that applies to almost every team across Europe bar a select group of about 20. [b']As English probably isn't his first language i'll let him off :-)[/b]

However this isn't really the place to discuss his pompous and elitist take on the game of football :o

GC90 - I clicked onto it 16:13 and all the "beautiful" teams (see what i did there? ;)) had gone. SM must be raking it in B)

Unneccessary. Abdel can be arrogant at time but his English is fine and your comment makes you look like a total a$$.

I'ma trying to get a strong English side and a decent German side before I stop trying to get more GC teams altogether, but I have no plans to pay for either. I payed for Gold Membership and to expand my # of teams to 18, that's all the paying I plan to do on SM.

I was one of the first in and Athletic Club were gone first' date=' before I scrolled down

That guy must be rapid, but Athletic Club?[/quote']

I no lol. I was incredibly lucky. Didn't expect it today. Thought it would be tommorow. Wow it was a guy that posted on the Who Im going for and Who I landed thread that made me look and it was there lol.

Unneccessary. Abdel can be arrogant at time but his English is fine and your comment makes you look like a total a$$.

I'ma trying to get a strong English side and a decent German side before I stop trying to get more GC teams altogether' date=' but I have no plans to pay for either. I payed for Gold Membership and to expand my # of teams to 18, that's all the paying I plan to do on SM.[/quote']

Correct, it is fine. In fact it's good. Certainly better than my french :o But in this case he most definitely used the wrong word. If stating a fact makes me look an a$$ then fair enough :)

Hate GC days.. adds an extra 10 pages of pap onto the thread that I have to read :P

GC89:

Raul, Dudek, De La Red all leave, with £24m, Liedson and Veloso coming to Madrid.

Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, Gago, Kaka and RVN still available. Xabi Alonso can also leave but only if it means I get a 92+ winger.

Makes me laugh some of the teams people are willing to pay for when teams of a similiar (or better) standard go free pretty much every morning.

It's not like the old days when good GC teams were like gold dust B)

I have to agree. It's not as exciting to acquire a big side anymore because it seems that they are coming free every night.

lol, after GC88 when i said im done with GC's ( As in got the teams i have always wanted to manage ) Iv picked up two new ones today

So even though i thought it would be interesting, and still do im going to quit Independiete in GC89, and concentrate on my newly aquired Man City !

Might have to quit one or two that im not interested in anymore B)

same l am not joining GC 90. it looks like even GC 100 will not be free

but am still waiting to get my last team hopefuly l will get Real Madrid this week caming.

GC 90: Can anyone tell me where Bayern Munich's players have gone??

I only have 20 :confused:

Anyway definately need 2 for 1's so everybody for sale at Bayern

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/verein/27/bayern-munich/uebersicht/startseite.html

Van Gaal has upset everyone, few players gone out on loan, no one bought in yet...

So even though i thought it would be interesting' date=' and still do im going to quit Independiete in GC89, and concentrate on my newly aquired Man City![/quote']

Club-hopper! Club-hopper! Gather the shackles, grab the straight-jacket - we're not letting this one get away! You sir, are a disgrace. B)

Feelin a little down at the moment and i cant be bothered doing much so just had a club clearout i aint taking over any team unless its Man Utd' date=' Liverpool or Internazionale. I hope someone who aint a clubhopper like me gets the teams.[/quote']

I don't club hop :P but if you want non club hoppers to get your teams these non club hoppers need to know what teams they are.