Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Sparky

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

GC 89: TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 2-1 VfB Stuttgart. - Win sees me go top of the league :D gonna play a weaker team tomorrow in the German Shield..

GC 92: FC Schalke 2-1 Bayern Munich. - Great Result in season opener :)

I hate you :):P

Why? Just Why, Manchester City in GC54 are completely ruined, he sold Robinho for an 87 and an 88, De Jong for cash. Many more atrocious deals, but on top of that he's quit them. Feel sorry for whoever takes over them next, they weren't a bad side before he decided to ruin them.

A pretty amazing night for me though 1draw annoyed me:

GC 1- VFB Stuttgart 0 FC KAISERSLAUTEN 4

Up to 9th impressive victory just over half season gone.

GC 5- Cruz Azul 1 INTERNACIONAL 2

A last minute Suarez winner keeps up the momentum still 4th 6points off Independiente was 18 at one point so getting closer :)

GC 14- Ajax 1 PSV 3

Fantastic victory at a wonderful Ajax, finally aftr 14wins on the bounce I go top on GD from Club Brugge 9games left, 2horse race now

GC 19- Sampdoria 1 NAPOLI 1

Bad draw allows Torino within apoint in the race for4th and they have got easier fixtures than me :( 5games left

GC 25- Nacional de medeira 0 SPORTING LISBON 3

Easy win up to 2nd but still 5poinrts off Benfica who are proving a real tough act for me to get past since i took over a season and a half ago.

GC 28- LIVERPOOL 4 WBA 2

Get back on track after an indifferent period in the league up to 4th.

GC 49- SPARTAK MOSCOW 5 Tom 0

Promotion after play-off final win Spartak back in Div 1 first stage of mission complete...does this count as an honour?? Bit of a hollow one if it is :o

GC 55- ARSENAL 1 Liverpool 0

Stay top with good win over PHil T Liverpool me and Stoke surprisingly stretching clear. Team in awesome form.

GC 61- Santos 2 INTERNACIONAL 3

Very pleased as had a lot of reserves playing stay 10points clear from Goias

GC 62- WERDER BREMEN 3 VFB Stuttgart 2

Werder roll on with there superb start 4points clear of Levrkusen afer 15games I have an impressive 38points. Perhaps more importnatly 10points clear of champions Bayern which is a healthy advantage.

GC 69- CHELSEA 0 Wolves 0

Not really bothered as leafue already wrapped up all my focus and best players will be out against West Ham in cup semi as we look to win the treble.

GC 73- DARLINGTON 5 Gimsby 1

Easy win again my darlington looks real impressive for a Div 5 side 8points clear 2/3 of season gonwe.

GC 75- Lens 0 LYON 1

good win as mostly reserves playing in anticipation of last 16 against bayern in Champs league on Monday, 12points clear of Marseille looking really good here.

GC 84- VALENCIA 8 tenerife 3

You know its a good night when i can get valencia to win LOL :P up to heady heights of 14th after 9games

GC 87- LIVERPOOL 1 Arsenal 0

Another great win stay top after 5games Albert Riera is on fire :)

GC 89- FIORENTINA 4 Inter 0

Result of the night maximum points after 3games beating Juve Lazio and Inter not bad considering I have done nothing with them and payed them hardly any attention bar tactics :)

GC 91- Sporting Lisbon 3 FC PORTO 2

Same as Fiorentina hardly payed em any attention but in this one it is showing :o Didnt deserve anything on the stats and got what i deserve 1win 2 losses in the league makes for a really poor start.

Why? Just Why' date=' Manchester City in GC54 are completely ruined, he sold Robinho for an 87 and an 88, De Jong for cash. Many more atrocious deals, but on top of that he's quit them. Feel sorry for whoever takes over them next, they weren't a bad side before he decided to ruin them.[/quote']

whos the manager?

i hate that to:mad: cant find a decent team at the mo just waiting for the one to open torrow, people need to learn to build teams and if you are not in it for the long haul then dont sign up and if your a decent team like mancity and destroy it like that it takes away oppitunitys for GOOD mangers to try instead of taking not so good teams

i cant stand people like that' date=' and also people who quit their club in a new GC when they lose their first game:cool:[/quote']

Yeh pretty annoying i know mate, still when better teams are quit, better teams for us forumers to grab :P

just a tip to everyone, the wage structure has been adjusted recently so you can save quite a bit of cash by offering new contracts to players. EG a 90 rated player is on 45k p/w, which is 15k less. :D

I've saved 60k in GC91. Speaking of which got off the mark tonight, with a 2-1 victory over Sunderland. :)

Been a while since I've done an update of my teams, so why not now? Here we go...

GC 1 - MSV Duisburg 0-1 Erzgebirge Aue

Alenxandre Licata gets the only goal of the game as my German minnows keep it tight to gain the clean sheet away to Duisburg, who had a man sent off late on. I have now developed a half-reasonable squad here and it's beginning to pay off as I continue a run of just one defeat in seven games. This has lifted me up to mid-table and just five points from the play-offs, which are a serious possibility now.

GC 2 - AS Monaco 2-0 Bordeaux

A disappointing defeat away to Monaco leaves Bordeaux in the middle of their worst slump of the campaign. In the past nine game, the club have suffered more defeats than they have victories (five to four), which has left the French club in fourth spot, six points adrift of the leaders. However, an intriguing SMFA Shield tie with league rivals, AS Saint-Ettiene, awaits on Monday evening following a comfortable win over Shakhtar in the previous round.

GC 5 - Motherwell 1-2 Rangers

Barry Ferguson gets the winner for Rangers after Steven Jovetic's opener had been cancelled out early on in the second half. The result is a good response to the 'Gers first league defeat in sixteen games during midweek, and will do well to slow down Motherwell's title-challenging push. Rangers remain two points clear at the top of table, with the Scottish Shield in the bag already and a Scottish Cup quarter-final against Hearts to come. SMFA Cup elimination has been confirmed, however.

GC 19 - Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Chelsea

Result of the day comes at Hillsborugh as the Owls shock top four giants Chelsea, to remain on course for a remarkable qualification place for the SMFA Shield. David Barral, Hernan Bernardello and Yasuyuki Konno were the heroes that got the goals to keep the dream alive for the English Division One minnows. Next up is a crucial away trip to fellow European hopefuls, Middlesbrough. Also, Ruben Victor Lopez has joined from Real Sociedad for a fee of £5.6m to bolster the defensive line. Considering what a state this team was in when I picked them up towards the start of this season, I'm ecstatic with how well the team are doing in the league. :)

GC 26 - Catania 0-3 Juventus

Since taking over this team, Juventus have won four out of six games, with the solitary defeat coming away to AC Milan - not bad when the entire squad was NMF when I took over. Today, Walter Busse was the hero with two of the three goals as the Old Lady comfortably despatched of Catania. In fact, Busse, who was only brought in as a riser, has been a revelation since joining, getting four goals in as many appearances. This renaissance of form has lifted the team up to sixth in the table and the squad is now relatively healthy once more. If anyone's in this setup up, check out the squad for a host of highly rated, transfer listed players.

GC 39 - Gremio 5-2 Coritiba

Gremio begin the new season with a routine rout of an unmanaged Coritiba, with Fredy Montero grabbing two of the goals. Gremio begin their SMFA Cup campaign away to Celtic on Monday evening in a group that conatins the Glaswegian giants, Spartak Moscow and Roma. The new season begins with the aim of bettering last season's second-placed finish.

GC 46 - Leeds United 3-1 Queens Park Rangers

After suffering a disappointing play-off semi-final defeat to Ipswich Town at the back end of last season, Leeds begin the new campaign confidently, thanks to a brace from Peter Utaka. A lovely rise for Ruben Micael and a nice little increase for Jesus Gamez has boosted the squad average, and with more rises to come, automatic promotion is a principal aim.

GC 49 - Sevilla - No Fixture

New arrivals include Matias Carruzo for a fee of £6.7m from an unmanaged Sporting de Braga, and Benoit Tremoulinas in a swap deal involving Fernando Navarro and Joe Mattock. Caruzzo provides a bit of much-needed cover at CB and, while I overpaid a bit with the second deal, I see Tremoulinas having more chance of surpassing 90 or even 91 than Navarro does.

GC 70 - Velez Sarsfield 0-0 Newell's Old Boys

A solid point away to Velez, but the result is a gutting one as leaders Gimnasia La Plata also drop points in a 3-3 draw against River Plate. GLP hold a two point advantage over Newell's with just seven games remaining in the season, while an Argentine Cup clash against Colon approaches on Monday evening.

GC 75 - Morecambe 0-2 Rotherham United

Solid away win to an unmanaged Morecambe outfit keeps Rotherham on track for promotion to Division Four. On loan Tomasso Vailatti and Ivan Marcone get the goals to keep Rotherham in fourth spot and well in the hunt behind the leaders.

GC 76 - Sporting de Braga 3-2 Benfica

Braga's impressive season continues with a good win over Portuguese giants, Benfica. Almost the entire Braga first XI has earned a rise in the past week, which has boosted squad morale no end! Two of these players, Osario Alan and Moura Moises, got two of Braga's goals as the team turned over Benfica for a third time in the league this season, just a week after inflicting the same embaressing statistic over Sporting Lisbon. It's a shame the same can't be said for league leaders FC Porto, who remain unbeaten and with a 100% record against their nearest challengers, Braga. Can braga change that stat when the two sides meet on Wednesday night? Either way, tonight's win further puts a stranglehold on the SMFA Shield spot they currently hold, eight points clear of Benfica.

GC 76 - Rimini 1-3 Brescia

The quest for an almost perfect night is ruined by Rimini who go down at home to an unmanaged Brescia. The result (a second defeat in as many games) stalls Rimini assault up the table, but after a few handy rises in the Spanish review, and with more to come in the Italian and South American review, the future looks bright for the Italian minnows.

PL11 - W8 D1 L2

thought i would list my gc clubs..

GC 20 BORUSSIA DORTMUND

GC 25 FEYENOORD / EGYPT

GC 45 AEK ATHENS

GC 47 INTERNATIONAL / NORTHERN IRELAND

GC 57 SPORTING CP

GC 58 SAO PAULO

GC 63 RANGERS / RUSSIA

GC 82 LAZIO (GOT 2DAY)

GC 88 DYNAMO MOSKVA (GOT 2DAY)

GC 89 ESPANYOL

GC 91 PSV

GC 92 ABERDEEN

like many others constent searching every morning for the these clubs man utd, liverpool, inter, milan, juventus, barc what a dream world i live in....

Real Madrid are on job offer in GC 22. Good squad with Ibrahamovic' date=' Eto'o and other 96/95's.[/quote']

Sparky's old team before he sold his account. Also lost Chelsea in GC12, Inter in GC16 and Arsenal in GC24.

Anyone who gets that Real is gonna be bombarded with offers by Inter, so be warned :P.

Sparky's old team before he sold his account. Also lost Chelsea in GC12' date=' Inter in GC16 and Arsenal in GC24.

Anyone who gets that Real is gonna be bombarded with offers by Inter, so be warned :P.[/quote']

Haha wouldn't mind any of them :P

In other news:

GC 42: Lyon sign David Villa for Arshavin and Aquiliani. Costly I know but I need a good striker and have lots of depth in CM.

GC 55: Milan sign Glen Johnson for 10m Senderos and Kaladze. Delighted with that deal.

GC1 CS Sedan 1-1 Toulouse. Serious changes need to be made. Can't find any form

GC4: UNAM Pumas 2-1 Newell's Old Boys. Awin next match will move us up to 2nd

GC10 Sampdoria 0-1 Parma

GC14: Boca Juniors 2-2 Palmeiras

GC32: Sampdoria 3-1 Torino. Torino lose to a much stronger Samp. Anyone know who gAv GaV is on the forum (he was manager of Samp)

GC34: Hertha BSC 1-3 VFB Stuttgart

GC35:Sevilla 0-0 Barcelona. Should have won

GC40: UNAM Pumas 3-1 Estudiantes Tecos. Athletico next in Champions cup

GC56: Velez Sarsfield 4-3 Estudiantes

GC59: Colon 5-2 Rosario Central. Rejected Leverkusen so watch out for them

GC77: AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Rotherham United. Just as i was closing up..

GC81: San Lorenzo 1-3 Velez Sarsfield. Back to winning ways.

GC86: Sporting de Braga 2-2 FC Porto

Terrible night :(

Win: 4

Draw: 5

Loss: 4