• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ninster

• Allan-NI

• Skarmory

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread I would like to share with all, what was probably my biggest feat in SM as manager, worth of presence in Guinness Book of All Records.. occured in G

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread GC77 - Rimini Despite losing the last two games of the season, Rimini are crowned champions of Italy on goal difference following a tremendous camp

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread Deeeeeeelighted! My proudest moment on SM to date - Season 5 of GC96 concluded tonight with Wrexham claiming the Division 1 title thanks to a 3

Re: Official Gold Championships Discussions Thread

Offered all the cash I have for Kalou. If it isn't enough' date=' I can add Voronin? :P

[b']And I hope they make 100 soon so everyone can shut up about it [/b]:o

Ditto lol :P

and Adam in 81 put the max in Chairman would let me for Kalou so I have no wriggle room unless you want a player added

Ditto lol :P

and Adam in 81 put the max in Chairman would let me for Kalou so I have no wriggle room unless you want a player added

Same as about GC 81 Adam. Waiting for a small team with a rake of cash to bid insanely high any minute :P

EDIT: The offer for Salomon KALOU of Chelsea from Juventus has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

Muhaha!

Same as about GC 81 Adam. Waiting for a small team with a rake of cash to bid insanely high any minute :P

EDIT: The offer for Salomon KALOU of Chelsea from Juventus has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

Muhaha!

Stingy chairman of mine would only let me go to 18 mill

Guest Abdel Zizi

Stingy chairman of mine would only let me go to 18 mill

I have a load of cash and I'm in desperate need of Kalou, yet my chairman let me bid more than 2M less than Juventus.

Said it before, this addition to the game is BS

I have a load of cash and I'm in desperate need of Kalou' date=' yet my chairman let me bid more than 2M less than Juventus.

Said it before, this addition to the game is BS[/quote']

It wasn't an "addition" as such Abdel, it was always there, we just couldn't see it. Whereas now there is a cap on what you can pay, before you could pay what you wanted, but if it went over a certain amount, either chairman would block it, or the SMFA would refuse to sanction it. ;)

Guest Abdel Zizi

It wasn't an "addition" as such Abdel' date=' it was always there, we just couldn't see it. Whereas now there is a cap on what you can pay, before you could pay what you wanted, but if it went over a certain amount, either chairman would block it, or the SMFA would refuse to sanction it. ;)[/quote']

But it is an addition in a way, because I used to be able to outibd a team.

Even if my chairman blocked it, I could lower my bid.

Now one teams bid gets accepted, and it goes through, no matter what.

I have no problem bidding 99M on Kalou, so all deals will fall through, and try to snap him up a day later with less competition.

But it is an addition in a way' date=' because I used to be able to outibd a team.

Even if my chairman blocked it, I could lower my bid.

Now one teams bid gets accepted, and it goes through, no matter what.

I have no problem bidding 99M on Kalou, so all deals will fall through, and try to snap him up a day later with less competition.[/quote']

There were times before (I think it was when Bojan was added if I remember rightly) that there were some setups I was in where he didn't go for 2 WEEKS, simply because people were doing that, it was pathetic.

What's wrong with one team bidding and it getting accepted? It speeds up the whole transfer process, and although it can be at times annoying, if another person's chairman deems he can pay more for a player than yours, so be it.

you win some, you lose some B)

Guest Abdel Zizi

There were times before (I think it was when Bojan was added if I remember rightly) that there were some setups I was in where he didn't go for 2 WEEKS' date=' simply because people were doing that, it was pathetic.

What's wrong with one team bidding and it getting accepted? It speeds up the whole transfer process, and although it can be at times annoying, if another person's chairman deems he can pay more for a player than yours, so be it.

you win some, you lose some B)[/quote']

True, it's just the lack of logical reasons the chairman uses that's annoying.

Sometimes, it makes no sense.

I had 95M in the bank with one team, a very good squad, but a whole in midfield.

A 92 rated external! CM came free, so I bid max and Real Madrid, who had 6 better CM's and (apparently) less than half of my budget got them.

That just isn't right.

True' date=' it's just the lack of logical reasons the chairman uses that's annoying.

Sometimes, it makes no sense.

I had 95M in the bank with one team, a very good squad, but a whole in midfield.

A 92 rated external! CM came free, so I bid max and Real Madrid, who had 6 better CM's and (apparently) less than half of my budget got them.

That just isn't right.[/quote']

'tis like real life though - Real Madrid get who they want! :P

I'd be slightly happier if I knew the formula to it as such, so I could maybe look at ways to maximise how much I could bid, but I guess it's just one of those great SM mysteries :confused:

I'd be slightly happier if I knew the formula to it as such' date=' so I could maybe look at ways to maximise how much I could bid, but I guess it's just one of those great SM mysteries :confused:[/quote']

Thanks For Doing That Deal In GC50 Craig. ;):)

Guest Abdel Zizi

I'd be slightly happier if I knew the formula to it as such' date=' so I could maybe look at ways to maximise how much I could bid, but I guess it's just one of those great SM mysteries :confused:[/quote']

Indeed it is.

Exciting times, I'm in a massive scramble for a player I absolutely love.

The first team that bidded doesn't have enough cash, my bid was second and it would be appaling if my chairman would let me bid less in this situation.

So even if the other teams bid the same, mine was first in.

I really hope I get him.

Edit: team 1 dropped out, and 1 of the two teams I'm worries most, PM'ed me stating he hopes I get him, as he bearly was able to bid on the player due to low cash.

Yeah, you'd think smaller teams would be able to bid more are the player would be more valuable to a smaller team.

Just had my worse result ever ' date='

GC40

My United, higher average rating than Hesse Arsenal, same formation lose 6-1 :confused:

gutted

Last month, my results have not been good . . at all[/quote']

Not having a good night myself...:(

I also missed out on an UnManaged Salvio in GC88 due to not being able to pay as highly as other clubs, quite gutted tbh. It's ok though, as I have some fine young talent already I suppose.

Vargas Can go for a 90+ fwd, or 2 x 88 Fwd.

They are negotiable, it all depends on the player. GC88 btw.

Not having a good night myself...:(

I also missed out on an UnManaged Salvio in GC88 due to not being able to pay as highly as other clubs' date=' quite gutted tbh. It's ok though, as I have some fine young talent already I suppose.

Vargas Can go for a 90+ fwd, or 2 x 88 Fwd.

They are negotiable, it all depends on the player[s']. GC88 btw.

ahhh i didnt know about Salvio in that GC, im in desperate need of wide players too. Thats a team im sucking with GC88 Inter, along with GC78 Arsenal, first 19 games, untouchable, top of the league, now i cant win :S, same with valencia, undefeated, mostly wins in first 9 games, then lose lose lose lose lose ! so frustrating :(

Another Quality Night In GCs!

GC58 - Atletico Madrid - NO GAME

GC74 - Wolfsburg - Picked up a 1-0 win against Dortmund. Confirms a spot in next seasons SMFA Shield. Sit 5th in the league.

GC76 - Villarreal - A super 2-0 away win against Valencia. Seventh in the league, but only 3 points away from 3rd. So tight in the top half of this league, with only 4 points separating 9th from 3rd.

GC79 - Ajax - Drew 2-2 with NAC Breda. Slightly disappointing, but thankfully Feyenoord lost to PSV keeping me top still.

GC82 - Arsenal - A weakened Arsenal side beat top of the table Stoke 3-1. Now move into the second spot, being just a point behind new leaders United.

GC84 - Fiorentina - A third win on the bounce! Things are starting to turn round here in Fiorentina, tonight I beat Lazio 3-0.

GC86 - Chelsea - Gutted about this one, as I got beat 3-0 by Arsenal.

GC87 - Celtic - Loving this team, especially after tonight where a 89th winner from Samaras gave Celtic a 4-3 win at Ibrox! Still not lost in the league and now have a 7 point lead over second place Rangers.

GC89 - Lyon - Lovely 4-0 win away at Lens, with Vagner Love netting on his debut.

GC91 - Man City - Drew 1-1 with Romano's Liverpool. Slightly disappointed, but I fielded a fairly weak time with the likes of Tevez, Adebayor, Kuyt, Ireland, Lescott and De Jong all out for various reasons.

GC92 - Valencia - Beat Mallorca 7-1! :D

Its Prikee by the way if you hadn't guessed. Just changed my forum name. :rolleyes: