Players rated 90 and above whose ratings are going to drop

Guest cabbytoodles

Guest cabbytoodles

Hello everyone. Merry Christmas in advance! :o Though I know there's an Anti-X'mas thread! Hahahah. Anyway I've been thinking of making a list of players rated 90 and above who are going downhill in terms of ratings. Does names like Valdivia, Feindouno, Ayala and Andrade spring to mind instantly? I guess for some of you, not really. So I plan to create these with a whole list of droppers, so you never know, you might have a dropper among your so-called beautiful squad now! :eek:

Anyway comments appreciated, just don't give me too much flak if you don't like it. I just want to help, seeing there are tons of risers thread but none on droppers.

Cheers,

Caleb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cabbytoodles

Re: Players rated 90 and above whose ratings are going to drop

Goalkeepers:

Roberto ABBONDANZIERI,36 91-91/90 The veteran Argentine goalkeeper's time is near. Currently playing for Getafe, a mid-table club in La Liga. Out of the national setup too as he steps aside for Ustari and Carrizo to battle for the place between the sticks. Might see a small decrease.

Defenders:

Willy SAGNOL,31 91-89 The French right-back was ousted from the first XI of Bayern last season by the relatively inexperienced Lell. This season, he continued remaining in exile following the arrival of another right-back Oddo.

Marcell JANSEN,23 91-91/90 Yet to fully settle in at Hamburg after a woeful display at Euro 2008. Started only 6 of their 16 league games. Might drop to a 90, considering he is out of the national team starting eleven for now.

Manuel JORGE ANDRADE,30 90-88 Former Portugese rock is now facing the possibility of retirement after failing to recover from a career-threatening injury.

Manuel PASQUAL,26 90-89 Former starter for Fiorentina has to know content with a place on the bench following the arrival of Peruvian left-back Vargas. Only 4 starts so far, his future looks increasingly bleak.

David ANGEL LOPEZ,26 90-90/89 Spanish right-back struggling to get starts under his belt for the "Yellow Submarines". Chance of dropping if the situations doesn't change.

Roberto AYALA,35 90-86 Another former star whose best days are way behind him. Not starting regularly for Zaragoza, now plying their trade in Division 2 of Spain. A decrease seems inevitable for the 35-year-old.

Gary NEVILLE,33 90-89 Manchester United captain still struggling with injuries. At 33 and with Rafael impressing, time is running out for the experienced right-back.

Wes BROWN,29 90-90/89 Losing his place in the national setup and the Red Devils. 50-50 chance of a decrease. Rumors has it that Ferguson has fallen out with Brown regarding his actions prior to a game. Note, its a rumor.

Guerrero ANTONIO LOPEZ,27 91-90 Ousted from the Atletico Madrid lineup by Pernia. Stand little chance on the international stage too with Capdevilla excelling. A drop for Lopez.

Gabriel MILITO,28 93-92 Out for the last five months. No chance for Gabby to keep his 93, even if he recovers, may struggle to displace Marquez or Puyol.

Eric Abidal,29 94-94/93 Definitely not the best left-back in the world. Patrice Evra has got to be the number one currently. Abidal was also out for the last one month or so, made a shaky return against Real Madrid. Palaca, Real Madrid youth winger got the better of the French full-back on several occasions.

Sergio RAMOS,22 95-94 The Spanish wonderkid is not who he used to be. Criticized by some sections of the press at the Euro 2008 as Spain's weakest link. Was under-fire this season too. Real Madrid's leaky defence this season has done little to help his cause. Definitely not better than Dani Alves, Maicon or Sagna based on CURRENT form.

Fabio CANNAVARO,35 95-94 Former World player of the year has little gas left in his tank. Best days way past him, the only way for him now is down. A 94 would be fair for him, no longer in the same league as Terry, Vidic and co.

Midfielders:

Juan Román RIQUELME,30 95-94 Right. Go and debate on this. Anyway I'll not deny this, he is world-class, slow and assured reading of the game. Still a key player for Argentina. Still, he plays in Argentina. A small, really small decrease for him.

Juan Sebastián VERON,33 92-91 Playing regularly for Estudiantes won't help him. Not in the national setup, best days are way past him. A 91 would be fair. Don't count out a 90 too.

Ricardo QUARESMA,25 93-93/92 One of the flops of the season. Still has time on his side to right things though. If he doesn't improve when the next changes come around, a 92 might be in store for the showboater.

Pável PARDO,32 92-91 Not a regular for Stuttgart anymore. With Stuttgart less than impressive this season, don't rule out a 91 for the Mexican.

Tomás ROSICKY 91-90 Diminutive Czech captain's career is threatened by a serious injury. Unfortunately his injury might mean a decrease for him.

Pascal FEINDOUNO,27 91-88 impressed at the African Nations Cup 2008. Did average for Saint Etienne before shocking the world with a move to join Gulf club Al Sadd. Obviously he chose money ahead of his footballing career. A drop for him definitely.

Hasan SALIHAMIDZIC,31 91-90 Bosnian right winger should get a -1 the next time round. Hard to break into the Juventus first team currently. Couple of cameos to his names so far.

Kader KEITA,27 91-90 Hasn't been playing as much for Lyon to warrant a 91. A decrease might be in line for the Ivorian winger.

Hamit ALTINTOP,26 91-90 Out for long spells since his move to Bayern. Might struggle to keep his 91 especially with competition for places at Bayern tough for him.

Owen HARGREAVES,27 91-90 Plagued by injuries throughout his career, struggled to justify his 17 million price tag. Decent when fit, its just that he spends more time on the treatment table than on the field. Out for the rest of the season after going for surgery. A dropper to 90.

Jorge VALDIVIA,25 90-88 Chilean midfielder who moved from Brazil to the Arabic world of footall. In line for a drop.

Carlos MINEIRO,33 90-88 Chelsea obviously signed him as a stop-gap measure. Unable to impress in trials at Birmingham and Arsenal before signing for Chelsea. Not in the national team too.

Aparecido CESAR,33 90-89 Impressed in his final season at Inter Milan before being released. Now at Bologna. May struggle to keep his 90 though.

Luís FIGO,36 90-88 Isn't in Mourinho's plans for much longer. Should only go downhill from now, his rating.

Juan Pablo SORIN,32 90-89/88 Signed for Cruzeiro after being released by Hamburg. Hasn't done much and played much at Cruzeiro to keep his 90.

Alberto ZAPATER,23 90-88 Another casualty of Zaragoza's relegation.

Martin PETROV,29 91-90 Impressive in his debut season in the EPL. Currently struggling with injuries. Hasn't played for a really long time. Might struggle to get back into the starting line-up with new winger Wright-Phillips in impressive form.

Christian POULSEN,28 92-91 Not playing often enough for a 92 rated mid. Was good at Sevilla, a 91 would be fair for the Dane now.

Cristiano ZANETTI 90-89 Restricted to cameo appearances this season. A definite drop with Sissoko playing really well.

Forwards:

Ruud VAN NISTELROOY,32 96-96/95 Arguable. Out for the season, depending on SM, they might decrease him, they might not. There's a chance of a drop though.

Didier DROGBA,30 96-95 Big dude needs to prove himself fast as rumors swirled around Stamford Bridge linking him with Inter. A handful for defenders but has yet to recapture his form last season.

Robbie KEANE,28 92-91 Irish forward another expensive gamble. Finding it tough to recapture his Tottenham form. Time is running out for Keane too. With N'Gog preferred to him on some occasions.

Daniel GUIZA,28 92-92/91 A pale shadow of his former self since moving to Turkey. A poor goal return and Fernerbahce poor form may cost him his 92. One thing in his favor is his national team involvement.

Kahveci NIHAT,28 92-91 Rossi and Llorente has formed a lovely partnership up front, leaving Nihat to content with cameo appearances. Might be harsh but Nihat might drop to a 91.

Salomon KALOU,23 92-91 Hasn't done enough to be rated 92. A bit overrated in my opinion.

Luiz RONALDO,32 91-89 Kudos to him for finally finding a club. Far from his former self, he needs to battle his fitness and weight. A LOT.

Rodrigo PALACIO,26 91-90 Not been playing much for Boca this season. His failure to cut in on the international stage is another factor against him.

RICARDO OLIVEIRA,28 90-88 Playing in Spain's second tier means a 90 is too high for the former Milan and Brazil forward.

Hernan CRESPO,33 90-89 Mourinho just hates Crespo. Not sure why. First at Chelsea, now at Inter. A SEVERE lack of games means Crespo is going down. Was linked to Real Madrid in the press but following the latter's capture of Huntelaar, the move is over it seems.

Theofanis GEKAS,28 90-89 Kiessling and Helmes are the man for Bayer. That leaves Greek forward Gekas out of the picture.

Andriy SHEVCHENKO,32 90-90/89 A return to the club where he enjoyed his best years before going to Chelsea might be too late. Struggling to get games with an abundance of forwards at Milan.

Martin PALERMO,35 90-89/88 The veteran Boca Junior striker has not been playing much this season with the rise of super-youths like Lucas Viatri and Ricardo Noir. A drop for him, possibly 89. Don't discount a 88 too.

Thats all, hope its alright!

:)

Goalkeepers:

Roberto ABBONDANZIERI' date=' 36[/b'] 91-91/90 The veteran Argentine goalkeeper's time is near. Currently playing for Getafe, a mid-table club in Serie A. Out of the national setup too as he steps aside for Ustari and Carrizo to battle for the place between the sticks. Might see a small decrease.

Does this invalidate your opinion :confused:

I think all the ones in my head have already been posted by cabbytoodles. :o Good work.

But most of / ones will almost certainly drop.

RVN is out injured for the rest of the season, can't see him keeping the 96 for long.

I think some players might drop a bit more than that actualy:

Zapater to 88. Ayala to 85/86 (if he's not playing?)

Feindouni and Valdivia will probably drop to around 88.

Borowski is struggling to start and only making sub apps, possible drop to 90.

Hildebrand hasn't played in a while, so a drop to around 89 is probably, despite a move to Hoffenheim. If he doesn't play for them, even bigger drop.

Guest cabbytoodles

I think all the ones in my head have already been posted by cabbytoodles. :o Good work.

RVN is out injured for the rest of the season' date=' can't see him keeping the 96 for long.

I think some players might drop a bit more than that actualy:

Zapater to 88. Ayala to 85/86 (if he's not playing?)

Feindouni and Valdivia will probably drop to around 88.

Borowski is struggling to start and only making sub apps, possible drop to 90.

Hildebrand hasn't played in a while, so a drop to around 89 is probably, despite a move to Hoffenheim. If he doesn't play for them, even bigger drop.[/quote']

Thanks man. I'll edit my ratings to your predicted one since you've been in this line for longer than I am. Will Ayala drop by 5? :eek: Thats a huge drop for any SM player though. Haha

I disagree with a few (or maybe just one) of those toodles.

Palacios is in fact injured. But I still think he will drop, so you are right there.

Marcelinho, however, has been marvelous with Flamengo. I think he will keep his 91, just like D'Alessandro will manage to keep his 91. I'm wondering why one was named and one wasnt?

Guest cabbytoodles

I disagree with a few (or maybe just one) of those toodles.

Palacios is in fact injured. But I still think he will drop' date=' so you are right there.

Marcelinho, however, has been marvelous with Flamengo. I think he will keep his 91, just like D'Alessandro will manage to keep his 91. I'm wondering why one was named and one wasnt?[/quote']

Okay thanks Insider. I was just thinking if 91 might be a tad too high in a Brazil League? I am not too sure anyway. I'll take your word and remove Marcelinho soon then. Cheers

Guest cabbytoodles

Alessandro Nesta' date=' never played this season 95 to 94/93

CESAR, Aparecido, just found a club and only 2 sub starts although this should increase and so 90 to 89

MINEIRO, Carlos, 16 mins so far for Chelsea 90 to 89/88

I've got Minerio and Cesar there. But do you think Nesta will drop? After all i remember seeing someone's sig up here that Class is permanent, Form is temporary? I was tempted to put Nesta too. Just not sure. After all, Walter Samuel didn't drop despite being out for long. Buffon too.

Thanks man. I'll edit my ratings to your predicted one since you've been in this line for longer than I am. Will Ayala drop by 5? :eek: Thats a huge drop for any SM player though. Haha

Not sure tbh, but a lot of players who weren't playing (and were rated above the rating range for their league, in this case 80-85) decreased to inside the range (if that makes sense).

E.g. Ankergren for Leeds was 83, but only played a handful of games, and come the ratings dropped to 80.

Ayala would drop to around 88 if he was playing regularly, considering he's not, another -2/-3 seems likely.

But I am not entirely sure, so it will be interesting to see what SM do with him.

sorry just glimpsed thread and seen you mentioned these 2 so edited.

Is class permanent or does it have to be constantly worked at? Their's loads of player who were seen as having class but have failed to shine in different situations and at different stages of their lives. Clubs are full of players who were "class" at a certain time/club e.g., Rebrov, Ronaldo to some extent Roberts at Newcastle, Petrov at Villa all onced shine but not at these clubs. Not comparing these to Nesta but he's been out all season and at such a high rating of 95 should surely drop.

Ayala to 85/86 (if he's not playing?)

Borowski is struggling to start and only making sub apps' date=' possible drop to 90.

[/quote']

Ayala has made 7 starts out of 16 games so i think a drop of 4/5 will be harsh. I think 87/88.

Borowski started for Bayern at the weekend and has appeared in all their league games bar 2. And behind Toni, Klose and Ribery he's their next top scorer with 5 goals. A drop would be harsh.

I'd like to add Martin Petrov. Just 3 league appearances so far this season and unlikely to play again before February, surely a drop to 90?

Guest cabbytoodles

Ayala has made 7 starts out of 16 games so i think a drop of 4/5 will be harsh. I think 87/88.

Borowski started for Bayern at the weekend and has appeared in all their league games bar 2. And behind Toni' date=' Klose and Ribery he's their next top scorer with 5 goals. A drop would be harsh.

I'd like to add Martin Petrov. Just 3 league appearances so far this season and unlikely to play again before February, surely a drop to 90?[/quote']

Cool. Anyone know if Martin Petrov will be playing soon? The lad was pure class last season. This season, Man City are hovering near the relegation zone. What do you guys think? Is Martin Petrov injured or what?

Cool. Anyone know if Martin Petrov will be playing soon? The lad was pure class last season. This season' date=' Man City are hovering near the relegation zone. What do you guys think? Is Martin Petrov injured or what?[/quote']

Yeah he is injured, think he did knee ligaments in October/November and was said to be out for 3-4 months so he won't be back before England is reviewed again.

Didier DROGBA' date='30[/b'] 96-95 Big dude needs to prove himself fast as rumors swirled around Stamford Bridge linking him with Inter. A handful for defenders but has yet to recapture his form last season.

[/center]

bit harsh i think tbh as he is still chelsea's top striker even tho anelka has been amazin he has just had a bit of bad luk with injuries but i think he will be bak to his best after christmas

bit harsh i think tbh as he is still chelsea's top striker even tho anelka has been amazin he has just had a bit of bad luk with injuries but i think he will be bak to his best after christmas

Not harsh at all, Check out the number of goals he has scored compared the games he has played, incredibly overrated.

Just one player , Drogba hit 15 goals last year and 2 this year

Luis Fabiano scored 33 last year and 8 this year, if one does the math clearly L.Fabiano should be rated much higher because he has scored a little bit more than Double. Granted he has not played Champions league football, but he nonetheless has 2x. Even Berbatov has scored more goals in the past 2 years. So has Kanoute. Van Nistelrooy, Even Gilardino has scored more than Drogba in the past two years. Now tell me how Drogba deserves to be higher than these. Drogba should be below all of this actually. DROGBA TO 91!

Not harsh at all' date=' Check out the number of goals he has scored compared the games he has played, incredibly overrated.

Just one player , Drogba hit 15 goals last year and 2 this year

Luis Fabiano scored 33 last year and 8 this year, if one does the math clearly L.Fabiano should be rated much higher because he has scored a little bit more than Double. Granted he has not played Champions league football, but he nonetheless has 2x. Even Berbatov has scored more goals in the past 2 years. So has Kanoute. Van Nistelrooy, Even Gilardino has scored more than Drogba in the past two years. Now tell me how Drogba deserves to be higher than these. Drogba should be below all of this actually. DROGBA TO 91![/quote']

It's not all about goals... Drogba is sensational at other things, much better than Fabiano, Gilardino or Berbatov, brilliant dribbler, great at setting up others. Although he is slightly over-rated, should drop to 95. I personally think Fabiano should be 94 anyway, but that would be about right.

Thiery Henry - 95 -> 94

Palo Maldini - 91 -> 89

Maybe?

Er... why?

Henry has 9 starts, subbed on in 3, scoring 7. Considering how well Barca are doing, and the ability of the other strikers, 95 is fine.

Maldini has 11 starts from a possible 16, same as Gattuso and Bonera, one less than Ronaldinho, more than Pato and Ambrosini.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Very good thread mate , very helpfull.

Agree with almost everything, I am under the impression maybe of those old stars have ratings based on legacy and not stats.

IMO Ronaldo 84 and Shevchenko 86

Borowski is struggling to start and only making sub apps' date=' possible drop to 90..[/quote']

Started 5 Subed In 11 Times, but Scored 5 Goals. I Think Hel Stay 91..

In Other Comps, Started 3 Subed In 4 Times, Scored 2.

Thats 7 Goals So Far, Pretty Good For A Regular Midfielder.

OPINIONS ?

Archived