Sign in to follow this  
Insider

Insider's thread. Risers, straight to the point.

Re: Insider's thread. Risers, straight to the point.

Vasco are still harder to break into then Vitoria' date=' who I think are probably a one hit wonder. I think Vitoria's highest is 83 right now, so I didn't want to push it too much. Alex is rumoured to be heading to Man U or Everton, has played internationally for Brazil and is generally viewed as a better prospect.

I love Marquinhos and would give him 86, but I doubt SM will do that on Vitoria.[/quote']

Nonetheless, Teixeira shouldn't be getting higher. They should both get the same at the bare minimum.

DE LA BARRERA' date=' Juan Carlos, LB, 25/79, Indios de Juarez

17 starts out of 17. [b']79 to 85[/b]. Basel, Dortmund

I can never criticise your ratings but this player has started all the 17 games in the Apertura. He didn't even appear in any games in the Clausura. 82/83 IMO...

I can never criticise your ratings but this player has started all the 17 games in the Apertura. He didn't even appear in any games in the Clausura. 82/83 IMO...

The Clausura (Closing Championship) comes after the Apertura (Opening Championship).

The final game of the Apertura (Toluca - Cruz Azul) was played this past sunday, December 14th.

In other words, no one has played in any Clausura games yet... :confused:

The Clausura (Closing Championship) comes after the Apertura (Opening Championship).

The final game of the Apertura (Toluca - Cruz Azul) was played this past sunday' date=' December 14th.

In other words, no one has played in any Clausura games yet... :confused:[/quote']

Sorry for my ignorance :o

No probs mate. Took me a year of scouting before figuring out the Latin American system lol :D

So if Barrera hits 85, surely Calderon should hit 86?

Would have thought 83/84 and 84/85 respectively.

Also, do you have any stats on Barrera for 07/08?, cos I can only find them prior to that and for this season. Was wondering if he had had a LT injury?

So if Barrera hits 85' date=' surely Calderon should hit 86?

Would have thought 83/84 and 84/85 respectively.

Also, do you have any stats on Barrera for 07/08?, cos I can only find them prior to that and for this season. Was wondering if he had had a LT injury?[/quote']

I don't have stats for the first division.

Barrera has started every single match for a surprisingly good Indios team. If that doesn't warrant an 85, I'm not sure what does...

Added some Spanish and Italian risers.

I don't have stats for the first division.

Barrera has started every single match for a surprisingly good Indios team. If that doesn't warrant an 85' date=' I'm not sure what does...

Added some Spanish and Italian risers.[/quote']

I take your point on board and respect it.

Lets take Moisander of AZ though. In for a rise from 79 to 84/85, agreed?

They are top of the respected dutch league, which, lets face it, gets a lot more respect from SM when reviewing ratings than Mexico does.

Comparing the two:

Moisander, 14/16 starts, 1 goal, for a team 6 points clear of the dutch league. Also has 2 full seasons in the dutch 2nd.

Barrera, 17/17 starts, 0 goals, for a promoted team 14th in the mexican premier. Prior experience in the mexican 2nd.

How can these players both rise to the same?

They can't, yet Moisander won't exceed 85.

Just my opinion. I of course respect yours and take it on board.

I take your point on board and respect it.

Lets take Moisander of AZ though. In for a rise from 79 to 84/85' date=' agreed?

They are top of the respected dutch league, which, lets face it, [b']gets a lot more respect from SM when reviewing ratings than Mexico does.[/b]

Comparing the two:

Moisander, 14/16 starts, 1 goal, for a team 6 points clear of the dutch league. Also has 2 full seasons in the dutch 2nd.

Barrera, 17/17 starts, 0 goals, for a promoted team 14th in the mexican premier. Prior experience in the mexican 2nd.

How can these players both rise to the same?

They can't, yet Moisander won't exceed 85.

Just my opinion. I of course respect yours and take it on board.

The Mexican league is much better than the Dutch IMO. But I think an 83, possibly 84 is more likely for Barrera.

The Mexican league is much better than the Dutch IMO. But I think an 83' date=' possibly 84 is more likely for Barrera.[/quote']

I'm not denying which league is better, IMO the dutch league has lost a lot of the class it used to have, due to the amount of exports.

However, the best teams and players in the Eredivise are rated higher than that of the same in Mexico. After all it's SM's opinion that matters, and I believe they see the Dutch as superior.

I'm not denying which league is better' date=' IMO the dutch league has lost a lot of the class it used to have, due to the amount of exports.

However, the best teams and players in the Eredivise are rated higher than that of the same in Mexico. After all it's SM's opinion that matters, and I believe they see the Dutch as superior.[/quote']

I think SM take on board the fact that the Apertura is over. It's done, and he has featured in all the matches. As for Moisander, the Dutch league is far from over, but yes, I agree that he deserves to be much higher. I just go based on how SM have acted on the past and how I think they will act this time around. For Barrera, I based myself on Atlas' Nestor Vicente VIDRIO, who got his 85 after just one season at the top.

I think SM take on board the fact that the Apertura is over. It's done' date=' and he has featured in all the matches. As for Moisander, the Dutch league is far from over, but yes, I agree that he deserves to be much higher. I just go based on how SM have acted on the past and how I think they will act this time around. For Barrera, I based myself on Atlas' Nestor Vicente VIDRIO, who got his 85 after just one season at the top.[/quote']

I suppose that previous examples carry an awful lot of weight. We will just have to see in 3 weeks time :P

I think SM take on board the fact that the Apertura is over. It's done' date=' and he has featured in all the matches. As for Moisander, the Dutch league is far from over, but yes, I agree that he deserves to be much higher. I just go based on how SM have acted on the past and how I think they will act this time around. For Barrera, I based myself on Atlas' Nestor Vicente VIDRIO, who got his 85 after just one season at the top.[/quote']

Mark, are the Apertura and Clausura two seperate leagues then? I mean, do the teams all start on a clean slate for the Clausara? And are promotions/relegations after just the Clausara then?

Mark' date=' are the Apertura and Clausura two seperate leagues then? I mean, do the teams all start on a clean slate for the Clausara? And are promotions/relegations after just the Clausara then?[/quote']

Indeed. Strange stuff. I'm not quite sure how promotions/relegations work, but I think after the Clausura, the league champs and playoff champs of both competitions compete in a 4 team knockout for the title of Mexican Champs. Or something like that. :D

Just looked it up.

At the end of a season' date=' after the apertura and clausura tournaments, one team is relegated to the next lower division, Primera División A, and one team from that division is promoted and takes the place left open by the relegated team. Currently, the relegated team is determined by computing the points-per-game-played ratio for each team, considering all the games played by the team during the last three seasons (six tournaments). The team with the lower ratio is relegated. For teams recently promoted, only the games played since their promotion are considered (two or four tournaments). The team promoted from Primera Division A is the winner of a two-leg match between the champions of the apertura and clausura tournaments of that division. If a team becomes the champion in both tournaments, it is automatically promoted.

[/quote']

Rory Loy played 65 minutes today for Dunfermline having started wide right. Struggled to start with but really came onto a game and was our best player for most of the first half. He continued this into the second half and after having a hand in the goal that put Dunfermline 2:1 up, he was substituted. One minute later it was 3:2 Clyde, and then it went 4:2. But Dunfermline clawed back to force a draw and it finished 4:4. This lad is a very good player.

Barrera should get 85 because he is one of the most important players for a team playing in the top league in Mexico, an 83/84 would be unjust as Indios are looking a decent team as well. He's played every single one of their games, don't really know how he's playing but must be doing alright surely..

Barrera should get 85 because he is one of the most important players for a team playing in the top league in Mexico' date=' an 83/84 would be unjust as Indios are looking a decent team as well. He's played every single one of their games, don't really know how he's playing but must be doing alright surely..[/quote']

Cba to go through this argument all over again, but couldn't resist posting :P

I'm not disputing the fact that Barrera deserves an 85, because he does. Ever present in a good league, definitely deserves the 85.

However, what I am disputing, is that he doesn't deserve to jump straight to the same rating as other, MORE deserving players will be going to.

I have used examples such as Moisander, and the impressive Calderon who is playing regularly at the overall winners, Toluca.

Lets not forget that they are a newly promoted side, and aren't going to be judged on the same par as the others just yet.

83/84, and this is the last I will post on this matter til he is reviewed, when I will be either gloating, or slating SM for disagreeing with me :P

Hey insider fantastic thread :)

rep is coming your way..

but i was thinking what about Botafogo's goalkeeper:

Dos Santos,RENAN

Hes only 19 and played alot this season...

What do you think he will rise to.. hes only 78 atm :)

Please Reply Thanks!

Week 8 : Portugal' date=' Spain

I was wondering what you expect Rui Patricio to rise to? I was thinking around 89?

thanks in advance...[/quote']

I'm not Insider but..

Probably rise to 88 this time round, then 89 the time after. Small chance of hitting 89 this time round IMO.

Hey insider fantastic thread :)

rep is coming your way..

but i was thinking what about Botafogo's goalkeeper:

Dos Santos' date='RENAN

Hes only 19 and played alot this season...

What do you think he will rise to.. hes only 78 atm :)

Please Reply Thanks![/quote']

Around 83 I'd imagine.

I'm not Insider but..

Probably rise to 88 this time round' date=' then 89 the time after. Small chance of hitting 89 this time round IMO.

Around 83 I'd imagine.[/quote']

Thanks for stealing my exact opinions. :mad:;)

They will be added to the list when I add more from those leagues early this week.