Quick Response Needed, De La Red

Ive just accepted a bid for 45 million for De La Red from Chelsea.

I wldnt normally accept cash only for a player of his standard but due to his heart issue i can see him retiring this season.

The other manager is pretty savvy and i doubt he'll accept p/e for any1 half decent, however i dont know if he knows about De La Red's predicement and is taking a risk or if hes just unaware and about to throw 45 million into a hole.

Shld i continue the deal believing De La Red's career to be dead and buried or cancel it and take the risk.

Btw, im a small club in an established and busy World Champ setup so his acquisition was a major gain for me a few months ago....

Re: Quick Response Needed, De La Red

I've heard various rumour that his condition wasnt as bad as first thought. However I too have doubts,, I knew there were others available and as such sold him on. He wasn't first choice at Madrid in anycase , and was getting as much game time due to injury before,, also now a new manager there who will probably be looking at bringing his own approach. Have a look around first ,,make sure you can find a suitable replacement ,,unless you have decent cover. Its a tough one cos you know what papers are like,, but with that amount of cash , I would think you might be able to find someone reliable and safe

Re: Quick Response Needed, De La Red

Ive just accepted a bid for 45 million for De La Red from Chelsea.

I wldnt normally accept cash only for a player of his standard but due to his heart issue i can see him retiring this season.

The other manager is pretty savvy and i doubt he'll accept p/e for any1 half decent' date=' however i dont know if he knows about De La Red's predicement and is taking a risk or if hes just unaware and about to throw 45 million into a hole.

Shld i continue the deal believing De La Red's career to be dead and buried or cancel it and take the risk.

Btw, im a small club in an established and busy World Champ setup so his acquisition was a major gain for me a few months ago....[/quote']

45 million probably wont go through.