Who should be Manchester United's No.1 goalkeeper when Van Der Sar retires?

azalkmaarfan4life

Who should be Manchester United's No.1 goalkeeper when Van Der Sar retires?  

1. 1.

• Tomasz Kuszczak
    • Ben Foster

Re: Who should be Manchester United's No.1 goalkeeper when Van Der Sar retires?

I prefer the Polish keeper. I feel him to be safer but its better if United sign a top keeper once and for all.

Kevin mentioned 2 good options and there are many more in the market relishing to be behind the United goal post analyzing Ferdinand's and Vidic's a****:P

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Tomasz Kuszczak recently signed a new contract extension until 2012, which by then would make Van Der Saar 42. The Dutchman contract runs out in 2010, a year I think he will retire in.

Assuming he does retire in 2010, that means Manchester United would have three goalkeepers (let's just say none go and they don't buy any). They are :

Ben Foster, who would be 27.

Tomasz Kuszczak, who would be 28.

And Ben Amos, who would be 20.

I don't think Amos would want to leave by then. However, I see Foster leaving to get first-team football - he is an ambitious footballer who is desperate to play. In my opinion, I don't think Kuszczak is that kind of person.

So I see Kuszczak being the next Manchester United goalkeeper (if they don't sign anyone). He isn't good enough to take on that role, and a new goalkeeper should be purchased.

Without doubt Ben foster who is only 25 by the way and a fantastic prospect. You will see more and more of him over the coming seaosn and a half which is when VDS will retire.

Kus simply aint good enough, hes a decent shot stopper but cant catch a ball, really cant kick a ball and his general distribution isnt good enough. He doesntinspire any confdence.

Foster on the other hand is equally as good a shot stopper CAN kick has an awsome throw and comes for crosses well. Some say hes injury prone which isnt true. He got 1 bad injuy and as always happens with these things on his recovery got a couple of niggles on the way.

Foster will without doubt be united and probably england number 1 in time to come, he is that good