Sign in to follow this  
Radebe20

The Rochdale's League

Guest Toggs

Re: The Rochdale's League

Got a great assive squad but have 3 pts from 3 games and have already hit debt :D, losing 200k at home, 300k away.

Got a great assive squad but have 3 pts from 3 games and have already hit debt :D' date=' losing 200k at home, 300k away.[/quote']

I'd thought about this, that's why i'm keeping it down to less than 50 players :D

Don't know what my result is...i'll post tomorrow :D

Guest King Kolo

Yay :)

Beat Rotherham 1-0.

Claudio Suarez got the goal.

Top of the table with 9 points now :)

3 wins 3 games.

Blundell Park (10,033) Referee Attendance - 5,640

Grimsby Town0 - 3 Rochdale

Half Time: (0 - 1)

S.KEKO 6

G.FERNANDES 52

E.BERGER 66

wage bills: £172,000- youth squad (46players)

£137,650 senior squad (17 players)

onouha,fernandes on loan from man city and roberts from blacburn! sitting in 3rd- 2wins and draw.

My squad is having some trouble finishing teams off and holding leads. We score early but give up late equalisers. Have tied five games thus far, so i'm balancing on mediocrity. Luckily, no one else is really running away with consistent wins and I lie in 12th position.

Brought in 40

Average age 19

13 out, with three more on the way

sitting with $625K right now, so I may bring some more in

Nerry Castillo in on loan

I won my third game 3-1 (seems to be an ongoing theme 3-1's with this team :D )

The only home game i've had so far was the first one. My wage bill is almost £200k and the money I got in gates from the first game was £106k, just wondering if it's about the same for any of you lot? I've got £330k in the bank with another £350k to come, so getting some info from any of you lot will help me decide if it's worth paying another £300k or so for a riser that'll hit 80ish or keep hold of the money to a) keep me out of debt and B) in case there's a talent that gets added or a low rated player suddenly starts playing games.

The only home game i've had so far was the first one. My wage bill is almost £200k and the money I got in gates from the first game was £106k' date=' just wondering if it's about the same for any of you lot? I've got £330k in the bank with another £350k to come, so getting some info from any of you lot will help me decide if it's worth paying another £300k or so for a riser that'll hit 80ish or keep hold of the money to a) keep me out of debt and B) in case there's a talent that gets added or a low rated player suddenly starts playing games.

Got 49 players and 1.8 mil left to spend myself.

So much money to make out of South America this week, I might be tempted into a couple of buys, but am looking to keep about 1 million back. Wage bill is smack on 200k.

The only home game i've had so far was the first one. My wage bill is almost £200k and the money I got in gates from the first game was £106k' date=' just wondering if it's about the same for any of you lot? I've got £330k in the bank with another £350k to come, so getting some info from any of you lot will help me decide if it's worth paying another £300k or so for a riser that'll hit 80ish or keep hold of the money to a) keep me out of debt and B) in case there's a talent that gets added or a low rated player suddenly starts playing games.

I took a slightly different approach, I've only made 27 signings so far, all are from south america apart from a couple to fill certain positions so my wage bill is only £114,000, this will fall to £107,000 when I sell the last 2 players from my original squad.

I've played 3 home games and 2 away games so far and I have generated £692,399 in revenue, my next game is away so if I divide that by 6 I'm getting £115,400 per turn so my revenue is currently covering my wages BUT I'm not sure if this is the best way to go, if you buy a 70 rated player for £10,000 (plus say 22 turns of wages of £3,500 X 22 = £77,000) if his rating increases to above 77 he will then be worth around £1m or more which gives you a minimum of £900,000 profit...

A £300,000 wage bill is £11.4m per season. If you can make a £900,000 profit on 13 players that will cover you entire wage bill for the season....

So i'm thinking I might spend the rest of my cash asap and get as many players as possible!

not really related,but i just wanted to know since you probably already have experience in doing this type of stuff,what do you do when the players' ratings go up?sell them,keep them,replace them with older higher rated players,replace them with other low rated risers..?

(i'm interested cause i'm doing something similar with another team)

not really related' date='but i just wanted to know since you probably already have experience in doing this type of stuff,what do you do when the players' ratings go up?sell them,keep them,replace them with older higher rated players,replace them with other low rated risers..?

(i'm interested cause i'm doing something similar with another team)[/quote']

I suppose it depends on the player.

In a situation like this where we are trying to take a team from the 4th division to the 1st on a tiny budget you should be looking to buy players that should be 88+ in a years time (when hopefully you're in division 1), but you should also be buying players that can be sold on at a profit to cover your costs (increasing wage bill and future transfers).

From the players available today that are under 75 I'd hope upto a dozen would be 88+ in a years time.

Cheers for the answers. I think i'll hold on to what I have for now unless there's a £10-50k or two lying about, and keep some behind for emergency. I'd already made the mistake of forgetting about Ljajic and the Liverpool manager got him before I remembered and he's got a few other youths, so might have competition in that part. Risers all seem to be mine though :D

BenReado is this months winner. He can add that to all them SMFA cups :P

Perhaps more of a shock was the position of veteran SoP, rooted to the bottom!

This month is where the fun really starts, rating changes, cup runs, etc. Best of luck.

If I have missed anybody out, just gimme a PM and I will see you're added.

Thanks.

:o:confused: 20th? i dont understand teh sm value increase! maybe its just because its soo late here!

For each million you make in profit, you get a point.

For example, Rochdale were worth 2.8 mill before they were altered, so if they are now worth 5.8, you have made a profit of 3 mill, and therefore earn yourself 3 points. It also doesn't include loans!

:)

For each million you make in profit' date=' you get a point.

For example, Rochdale were worth 2.8 mill before they were altered, so if they are now worth 5.8, you have made a profit of 3 mill, and therefore earn yourself 3 points. It also doesn't include loans!

:)[/quote']

okay it think i get it! and i thought i was doing so well!:mad:

but i have a point to make some people have played more games in that month. Like i only played 2 when i know others played 3. Is that fair they have more opportunity of getting points. I have now played 3 games won 2 lost 1 and i am 2nd in the league.

but i have a point to make some people have played more games in that month. Like i only played 2 when i know others played 3. Is that fair they have more opportunity of getting points. I have now played 3 games won 2 lost 1 and i am 2nd in the league.

I've only taken everyone's first 2 games into account. I know some people submitted their table with 3 games played, but I only used the first 2 games to add to the points tally.