Scott Loach

GMan

I originally mentioned him when he was added to the DB in this post here, but as he has started playing games for Watford I thought he was worthy of his own post.

Scott LOACH

Rating: 73

Position: G

Nationality: English

Club: Watford

83821424bg9.jpg

Early career

Loach was born in Nottingham and was a member of the academy at Ipswich Town before joining Lincoln City as a 15-year-old, becoming an apprentice in summer 2004. During his time at Sincil Bank, Loach spent a number of periods on work experience with non-league sides. In August 2004 he joined Bourne Town. He went to Boston Town in January 2005, a spell that was extended until the end of the 2005–06 season. In August 2005 he had a spell with Spalding United, before ending the month with a two game spell with Stamford. In November 2005 he returned to Boston Town, while in March 2006 he went to Grantham Town.

Joins Watford

Despite being offered professional terms at Lincoln City, Loach joined Watford on trial in April 2006, officially signing professional terms for Watford in June with Lincoln City receiving a transfer fee of £50,000. In pre-season 2007 he was on trial at Leeds United with a view to a loan move, but it did not come to fruition.

Goes out on loan

In September 2007 he joined Conference side Stafford Rangers on loan for a month. His loan was extended to three months, and he played a total of league 11 games for Stafford.

He joined Morecambe on loan in January 2008 initially for a month, making his debut on 1 January in a 2–1 defeat to Stockport County. He made only one more league appearance for Morecambe, during which he saved a penalty from Macclesfield Town's Martin Gritton, before he returned to Watford after just two weeks.

At the end of the month he joined Bradford City, another League Two club, on loan until the end of the 2007–08 season as replacement for Donovan Ricketts, who was expected to move to Queens Park Rangers until he was refused a work permit. Loach made his debut a day after joining Bradford, conceding twice in their 4–2 victory over Shrewsbury Town. He followed it up five days later with a clean sheet against Macclesfield Town after he saved a second penalty at Moss Rose in as many months. In total he played 20 games for Bradford City during his loan spell.

2008/9 Season

At the end of the 2007/08 season he returned to Watford, where initially he started the new season sat on the bench, apart from playing in a couple of league cup games.

Loach made his league debut as a substitute on 20 September 2008 when he came on to replace Mart Poom in the fourth minute of a game against Reading. Loach conceded his first goal in controversial circumstances when the referee and linesman gave a goal instead of a corner.

Poom is out for 6 months after dislocating his arm in the Reading game, and since then Loach hasn't looked back.

This season's stats (as at 21/03/09)

League: 23 starts 1 sub appearance (2103 mins played)

League Cup: 4 starts (360 mins played)

FA Cup: 3 starts (270 mins played)

He didn't get a rating change in the last English rating reviews, but he must be due a rise of some sort come the next round of English ratings.

• 1 month later...

Re: Scott Loach

According to this link...

He has started 14 league games and came on once from the bench and has acquired 3 clean sheets. However, his team are 22nd in the league from 24 teams and his team have the second worse defensive record in the league.

He has also started and played in 2 FA Cup matches and 4 Carling Cup matches.

The best bit is that he's in the Under21 squad to face Ecuador.

Watford goalkeeper Scott Loach has also been called into the squad to replace the injured Joe Lewis.

According to this link...

He has started 14 league games and came on once from the bench and has acquired 3 clean sheets. However' date=' his team are 22nd in the league from 24 teams and his team have the second worse defensive record in the league.

He has also started and played in 2 FA Cup matches and 4 Carling Cup matches.

The best bit is that he's in the Under21 squad to face Ecuador.[/quote']

Thanks for the info on his U21 call up.

I don't know if anyone noticed but I have been updating his stats after each game he has played.

Watford face Chelsea this weekend in the FA Cup. A good time to play us now Scolari has been sacked, could be the biggest game of his career so far.

Well he made an appearance for England U21's against Ecuador in their 3-2 loss coming on as a sub on 88 minutes, so probably didn't get a chance to make any impression.

As I stated earlier in the week he is in the starting eleven to face Chelsea playing right now.

Well he made an apperance for England U21's against Ecuador in their 3-0 loss coming on as a sub on 88 minutes' date=' so probably didn't get a chance to make any impression.

As I stated earlier in the week he is in the starting eleven to face Chelsea playing right now.[/quote']

wasn't it 3-2

So' date=' how did he play?

Were any of the 3 goals his fault?[/quote']

I think I may have missed the highlights on ITV1, didn't start watching them until 15 mins in knowing my luck I have already missed them.

I got this from the match report on BBC website:

The first came from a Lampard corner, which was flicked on by Michael Ballack before the striker's overhead flick ended up high in Loach's goal.

Cole then found Anelka with a left-wing cross who headed his effort down and past the Watford keeper.

The comeback was complete in injury time when the French striker picked up Kalou's pass, turned and fired in a deserved third.

But if anyone who saw the game or highlights could comment that would be great. :)

Maybe worth mentioning:

15 games

3 clean sheets

87 saves

So thats a clean sheet every 5 games

And more than 5 saves per game.

Does he have potential to play in the Premiership? Is he likely to keep his place when Watford's first choice goalkeeper returns?

I think he is Watford's number 1 GK.

I think he is Watford's number 1 GK.

Mart Poom is Watford's number 1 but is currently out injured for 6 months with a dislocated arm.

Could be interesting to see if Poom gets his place back when he is fully fit. I guess it could depend on their postion in the league and if they feel they need more experience between the posts.

Another appearance for Loach tonight in their 2-0 win over Swansea' date=' check out the first post for his updated stats.[/b']