Scott Loach

GMan

Re: Scott Loach

Well he is racking up the stats now, and Watford have not been doing too badly winning 4 of their last 5 games.

This season's stats (including today's 3-2 win over Charlton)

League: 19 starts 1 sub appearance (1741 mins played)

League Cup: 4 starts (360 mins played)

FA Cup: 3 starts (270 mins played)

So if you haven't got him already you should snap him up, as he will be a good riser.

What sort of rating do you think he will rise to? I reckon he has to be on for an 81/82 at least.

Well he is racking up the stats now' date=' and Watford have not been doing too badly winning 4 of their last 5 games.

[u']This season's stats[/u] (including today's 3-2 win over Charlton)

League: 19 starts 1 sub appearance (1741 mins played)

League Cup: 4 starts (360 mins played)

FA Cup: 3 starts (270 mins played)

So if you haven't got him already you should snap him up, as he will be a good riser.

What sort of rating do you think he will rise to? I reckon he has to be on for an 81/82 at least.

If I'm not mistaken I remember reading somewhere that for a Championship regular it's between 80-85. He's probably around a 81/82 like you said, it's more likely he will get a 82 if he continues his performances, Watford move up the table and he carries on playing internationally.

• 2 weeks later...

Loach was the star man in today's 0-0 draw with Ipswich. Below are after match quotes from Watford manager Brendan Rodgers:

"Scott deserved his clean sheet after making some excellent saves. He's a wonderful prospect for the future and he's always willing to learn.

"He comes in every day with a hunger and determination and he's got all the attributes to be a top goalkeeper.

"He's a good athlete and gets around the box, but he also makes saves - which is the bottom line."

As always, I have updated his stats on the first post. :)

• 2 weeks later...

With not a lot of decent English keepers coming up, I see Loach as one of the few that actually have potential to make it to the national team. We've seen even Joe Lewis being called up, so in terms of keepers, England are pretty desperate.

When van der Sar retires at United, it's likely that Sir Alex will hold to his word to rely on Ben Foster , but who will be back up? Joe Hart and... Loach? Scott is young and playing regularly at a good level, so I'm definitely holding on to him.

• 7 months later...

With the English ratings around the corner I thought I would update my old post.

Scott has cemented himself as the Watford No 1 Keeper now. Watford may currently be sitting 12th in the Championship, but a rise is more than guaranteed for Scott.

He has played every minute of Watford's 16 league games this season, add that to 30 league appearances last season and we can see he is doing very well.

He may only get a plus 2 or 3 but is a player to keep an eye on. I am sure some of the big boys will come knocking soon if he keeps playing well.

I sold Loach last month but i brought in FORSTER and then the money i had left i put toward signing BECKFORD. both these players i see rising if both there clubs can clinch promotion from league one this season. do you think my decision was wrong?

Tottenham were rumored to be interested in Loach, but there now apparently after Ben Foster (according to certain news papers).

I sold Loach last month but i brought in FORSTER and then the money i had left i put toward signing BECKFORD. both these players i see rising if both there clubs can clinch promotion from league one this season. do you think my decision was wrong?

Tottenham were rumored to be interested in Loach' date=' but there now apparently after Ben Foster (according to certain news papers).[/quote']

tottenham are interested in anyone down on form.

for eg- ben arfa, ben foster, ferdinand.

not many g there, u know :)

• 3 weeks later...

As predicted, he went up to 83 today :)

I am going to keep hold of him for now as he has played every league game so far this season for Watford.

It maybe interesting to see what happens in the January transfer window, I am sure I read somewhere that Tottenham were keeping an eye on him.

As predicted' date=' he went up to 83 today :)

I am going to keep hold of him for now as he has played every league game so far this season for Watford.

It maybe interesting to see what happens in the January transfer window, I am sure I read somewhere that Tottenham were keeping an eye on him.[/quote']

It's almost certain that Loach will leave in January because Watford have major financial difficulties. The Watford chairman has recently had to loan the club's parent company £1m so that the club can survive into the new year, but they'll need another £5.5m to see the season out. Cue the departures of key players such as Loach to keep the club afloat. Where he goes, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. Moving to an EPL club may be beneficial in a sense but if he's restricted to a bench role, his SM rating won't be rising much in the future. I think he'd be better off moving to someone like Middlesbrough, who could do with a good 'keeper.