Mohamed Diamé

Mohamed Diamé is a French footballer of Senegalese origin who plays in Spain for Rayo Vallecano.

24juldiameficha.jpg

The midfielder who is 21 years of age started his footballing career at French club RC Lens. A few heart problems forced him to leave and joined Division 3 side CD Linares on a free transfer.

A year later, Rayo Vallecano got promoted to the Segunda Division and they wasted no time in signing the youngster to boost their campaign.

The French arrived with a desire to prove his quality, and he has done it with just three months of competition.

Physically strong, the 1.81m the tough-tackling youngster is known for his ability to win the ball back. A typical DM, he is also good in the air and possesses great technique.

Diamé has become an essential part that revolves around the game of Rayo Vallecano, with 17 games played and a goal.

The promoted team now lie in 7th place and he has played every single minute in this campaign. He and the team's GK are the only players to do so.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Real Betis, Getafe and Liverpool have shown interest in him and Diamé is hoping to advance his career.

The footballer declared to AS: "I know there is something. But I am clear that after the match in Elche, I go on holiday to France and come back later. That insurance, because my intention, in any case, is now leaving the Lightning. If there is an agreement to leave the club will have to wait until they finish the course."

For Rayo Vallecano presents a good opportunity to take cash and invest in other signings for the future, but also with it the threat of losing a great player without the team suffering seriously.

He is on the DB with a rating of 81.

N/B: He got sent off in yesterday's game against Elche:p

Enjoy:)

• 3 months later...

Re: Mohamed Diamé

Yes this is what was reported about him-

The scout reports...

Mohamed Diame has emerged as the true star of the Segunda Division in Spain this season.

Diame signed for Vallecano from lower league Spanish side Linares - who he only joined in 2007 after impressing during trials.

He had previously begun his career with Lens in France - but was forced to quit the club due to health problems, however he is now emerging as a real prospect.

Diame is a dynamic midfielder with a commanding presence in the air. He can pass, tackle and covers almost every blade of grass on the pitch.

His long-range passing is also a huge plus-point together with his willingness to join in attack - although his natural role is very much sitting and anchoring the midfield.

Despite this only being his first season at this level, Diame has already shown he is capable of playing at a much higher level.

The scout says...

With Barcelona, Real Madrid and Arsenal amongst those chasing Diame it seems he will have his pick of clubs this summer and whoever gets him will be getting a huge talent indeed.

I say...

Rayo Vallecano are 4 points off the first team and are candidates for promotion.

He has 28 starts with 1 goal(Second most used player-The GK is first in minutes), so expect a rise for sure and

I predict he'll end up as 82-85:)

Ahmed' date=' 1 question. Have you seen him play and consider him a top-tier talent (you know what I mean ;) )?[/quote']

Sincerely, no.

I haven't seen him play but the way reports from several sources are hyping him means he's doing well.

Also searched for some videos but all I found were pictures.

• 7 months later...

I'm sure everyone's aware that Diame now plays for Wigan in the Premier League (a club I've been to watch every week this season) so thought I'd just add an update to this ahead of the EPL rating changes.

In my opinion, Diame has been the best player at Wigan this season. Scharner has been brilliant, Rodallega has been scoring and N'Zogbia is looking lively but as a midfield anchor who was bought in to replace Palacios and at only 22, Diame is looking top class.

He's played in every game he's been eligible for (starting with the United game) and has partnered Hendry Thomas in midfield, another new signing. Of the two, Diame is much more comfortable on the ball, faster, stronger and fitter and has shown he also posseses a pretty powerful shot. His touch too, is excellent and there was a bit of skill he showed at the weekend to bring the ball down and spin past his man in one movement.

Martinez (the manager) plays both Thomas and Diame as holding players and I for one would like to see Diame released to go forwards a bit more (especially during home games) where I can see him having an impact.

Rating

I think Diame will probably get 86 at the next rise to reflect his move to EPL and regular starts. Palacios was 87 before he left Wigan for Tottenham and I can see Diame getting the same in time. I do not see him staying at Wigan for too long because he is just too good. I believe the reason he ended up at Wigan was his heart problem which showed up in his medical and delayed his move. At some point though, someone else will surely see through this again.