Firezen

WC 1074 Club América

Re: WC 1074 Club América

Dynamo_Kyiv.png

Rotan 8, Bangoura 33

Dynamo Kyiv 2-3 Club América

ClubAmericaLogo.png

Rakitic 5, Nicolita 27, Tamudo 36

Club América claims second victory of the season in bitter conditions!

A thriller, an absolute thriller. A goal fest was played in the Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium with dramatic fashion throughout the game, ending 3-2 in favour of the away team. Everyone from both sides (except the goalkeepers) would agree that this match would definitely be one of the highlights of the season for their respective clubs.

Despite the cold bitter Ukraine winter that made every single player shrivel did not cool down things. Apparently temperature was no longer directly proportional to kinetic energy, as it only took 5 minutes before the man of match from yesterday's friendly Ivan Rakitic tapped the ball in after Oleksandr Shovkovsky fumbled the ball! Club Américan players started to celebrate too early as Dynamo Kyiv immediately responded with a goal on the 8th minute when Rusian Rotani headed a perfectly timed header! Before 10 minutes of the game was played, two goals were already scored and both clubs were level on score.

rakitic_ivan_345x468.jpg

Ivan Rakitic runs to the sideline and leaps up to celebrate the goal with Firezen

As if the weather acted like a catalyst, Club América kept taking their chances like the players were possessed. Oleksandr Shovkovsky forced a corner on the 10th minute, made a finger tip save on the 12th minute and finally stopped the bombardments when he finally clutched the ball to his chest on the 15th minute. Dynamo Kyiv fans were cheering and clapping for the goalkeeper as he put on an one man show. Ivan Rakitic was not impressed with the applause the goalkeeper got, as he tried his luck with a long range bomb on the 21st minute which was inches above the cross bar. On the 22nd minute, Dynamo Kyiv trapped themselves with the offside trap, but Oleksandr Shovkovsky was once again the hero when he got off his line to win the 1 v 1 duel. Feeling like they would be undefeatable, Dynamo Kyiv pressurised Club América as Taras Mykhalik and Carlos Correa both missed their shots from 6 yards away! Oleksandr Shovkovsky almost became the hero of Dynamo Kyiv again when he attempted to catch Banel Nicolita's speculative chip, just to fumble it and watch the ball roll agonsingly slowly over the goal line! The fans, players and the manager all watched on the drama with disbelief, wondering if it was actually the same man who was playing between the posts.

Shovkovskiy4.jpg

Oleksandr Shovkovsky is disappointed with his second fumble of the game

banel-nicoolita.jpeg

Banel Nicolita raises his fists to dedicate his goal to the fans at the away section

Ivan Rakitic once again demonstrated his ability to threaten as he found himself space, but failed to convert it on the 31st minute. However, Dynamo Kyiv did not bow down under pressure as they scored yet again with a header on the 33rd minute through Ismael Bangoura's round head! The Dynamo Kyiv players ran around like mad men as they celebrated their ability as Kings of Resurrection.

dynamo-kyiv-v-spartak-moscow-ismael-bangoura-2-photo-credit-getty-images.jpg

Ismael Bangoura tries to disregard Club América by asking the home fans who the man is

Yoann Gourcuff tries to make his chance count as he made a dazzling run into defence just for his strike to go wide of the goal. Gullermo Ochoa was called into action on the 35th minute as he clumsily tipped the ball over the crossbar as he fell butt first cross the goal line. The ball swiftly changes hands though, when on the 36th minute Raúl Tamudo could not believe his luck as he received the ball in no man's land and coolly finished the ball off into the back of the net from 10 yards!

643577_biglandscape.jpg

Raúl Tamudo kisses the wrong club crest again as he finally manages to steal his job back from the defenders of Club América

Dynamo Kyiv desperately tried to level the score once again when Carlos Correa receives a low cross in the box but fails to control it as the ball rolls off for a goal kick. Atanda Ayila Yussuf tried his luck when he dribbled past two defenders just to fluff his shot on the 40th minute. Marjan Markovic was later booked a yellow card for kicking the ball away on the 41st minute before the first half whistle was blown.

It was natural for fans to talk to each other about the amount of action packed in the first half, and they were expecting the same amount of drama for the second half. The Dynamo Kyiv fans were not dissapointed as César Delgado tried his luck on the 46th minute with a volley that bounced off the goal post. Club América played Total Football as players kept swapping positions with each other, and Jean-Alain Boumsong fancied his chance as striker, but failed to dribble into the opponent's defence line. Yoann Gourcuff shot wide of the goal on the 50th minute as he tried to open his scoring account for Club América.

gour.jpg

Yoann Gourcuff with his attempt to open his scoring account for Club América

Dynamo Kyiv fans gave out a sigh of relief when a goal bound shot landed into Oleksandr Shovkovsky's arms. Oleksandr Shovkovsky tried to make up for his previous two howlers with another save as he back peddled like a drunk man before tipping the ball over the cross bar awkwardly. The weather started to take effect on the players as Club Américan players could occasionally be seen having difficulty coping up with the high tempo of the game under the bitter cold. This was to Dynamo Kyiv's advantage as it was their home ground and the weather they were used to, and Captain Memo Ochoa slapped the ball away from the goal line without even seeing it coming on the 65th minute! Captain Memo Ochoa had to dive at full stretch on the 66th minute when Carlos Correa aimed at the far low corner of the net. It was the same man who on the 69th minute, tried to collect the ball and rotate 180 to score a goal but rifled it wide of the goal. Ismael Bangoura burst into the box and collected the ball on the 80th minute just to let his first touch fail him. Guillermo Ochoa was in action again on the 83rd minute to tip the ball over the cross bar, and the game whistle was blown when Dynamo Kyiv tried another two shots that didn't really threaten the goal. Club América players ran around the pitch celebrating and hugging as they claimed their second three points with a 3-2 win.

memo1xe2.jpg

Guillermo Ochoa roars as he breaks the hearts of Dynamo Kyiv by denying them a chance to draw and win

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firezen was all smiles when he was held to a post match interview for his views on the match, "I am pleased with the game. Never seen that much drama with the same goalkeeper who can turn into two different people in such a short time interval! :eek: We still have to work on our defensive part of the game, but I am very happy with the goals, cause we're on the right track to continue our "title defence" on most goals scored for the division. One notable thing I have to mention is Ochoa's back. Did you see those saves he pulled off man? Absolutely world class! I am looking forward to our next league game as we have a bye for the World Champ Cup."

Home Formation

Dynamo Kyiv

4-4-2

Oleksandr SHOVKOVSKY

Marjan MARKOVIC - Baldasso RODRIGO - Emiliano THIAGO SILVA - Serhiy FEDOROV

Atanda Ayila YUSSUF - Taras MYKHALIK - Ruslan ROTAN © - Carlos CORREA

César DELGADO - Ismael BANGOURA

Substitute Bench

Bas ROORDA

Gaël GIVET

Oleksandr ALIEV

Badr EL KADDOURI

Maksim SHATSKIKH

Away Formation

Club América

3-2-2-2-1

Guillermo OCHOA ©

Gönül GOKHAN - Jean-Alain BOUMSONG - Paolo DE CEGLIE

BARIS OZBEK - Arturo VIDAL

Banel NICOLITA - Fernando MICHEL BASTOS

Yoann Gourcuff - Ivan RAKITIC

Raúl TAMUDO

Substitute Bench

Claudio MARCHISIO

Andrea CODA

Matteo BRIGHI

Sahin NURI

Jimmy BRIAND

Full Match Statistics

Dynamo Kyiv 2:3 Club América

Dynamo Kyiv - 40% Club América - 60% (Ball Possession)

Dynamo Kyiv - 5 Club América - 17 (Total Shots)

Dynamo Kyiv - 3 Club América - 6 (Shots On Target)

Dynamo Kyiv - 5 Club América - 3 (Corners)

Dynamo Kyiv - 2 Club América -0 (Yellow Cards)

Dynamo Kyiv - 0 Club América - 0 (Red Cards)

Man of Match

8683_1216806112.jpg

Banel Nicolita

Mini Transfer List Update

Club América landed Mario Kirev's signing from Slavia Sofia for £10,000 while Barbosa Richarlyson was sold to Atlante for £8,848,900.

Season 4 League Game # 6 Preview: Club América v.s. Chelsea

- "To win you have to score one more goal than your opponents."

ClubAmericaLogo.pngcrossed-swords.jpgchelsea.jpg

Chelsea, or simply known as The Blues, are arriving at Mexico and knocking Estadio Azteca's doors. As usual Firezen was to give his pre-match view and analysis.

Chelsea's story so far

"To not bore you reporters off with the usual 'We always have a chance', I think it's appropriate that I should actually give a proper analysis on our opponent's tonight."

"Chelsea are lying on the 7th place at the moment. After starting the season off with three consecutive wins, a draw and a loss, now they are here to play us. It's not exactly the best time for Chelsea to face us, because right now they have an injury list that consist of first team players in the form of Salomon Kalou, John Obi Mikel, and Sulley Ali Muntari. They started off the season with a first team starting line up with an average of 91, now it's dropped to 90."

Chelsea's manager

"What can I say? He's been in the business quite long to be honest. After Chelsea's surprising relegation in season 1, the old manager jumped off the sinking boat and Chelsea got mobbed by all the top Division 1 sides of their star players like Ballack, Cech, Drogba and Terry. Then came the present Chelsea's manager. He completely reformed the team around with the money raised by the star players and now has one of the youngest high rated teams with players like Kameni, Castro, Rafinha and Modric."

"He hasn't really managed to steer Chelsea to promotion, although for two seasons he's been really close, especially last season, when we 'accidentally' knocked them out during the play off semi-finals :D. That being said, his record is not bad, with an average 2.13 points per game."

Club América's chances

"Our chances? You know what I'm going to say, haha. Put jokes aside, I really do think we have a chance. We've had a rather stumbling start to the season due to our rather defensive football, but we've proven that we have the quality to defeat the likes of Chelsea as we've done that last season during our league games and our play off semi final, when we eliminated them. Plus, it's home game, and I know my team will desperately want to win in front of our passionate fans."

Talking Tactics

"I think it was my mistake to play rather more defensively than last season which contribute to our stumbling start to the season. This was partly because of my lost of trust on our signature 3-5-2 formation which ultimately lost us our title as we lost our consistency in form as we steered towards the end of the season. I'm pretty sure I'll stick to the 3-2-3-2 cause it's bringing in the goals. I guess it's too bad that we're going to start conceding goals again and have tight goal fest games again. But football is simple, as Johan Cruijff summarised the game as 'Om te winnen moet je 1 goal meer scoren dan je tegenstander.' which means 'To win you have to score one more goal than your opponents." As long as we end up winning the game, and top the division with the most goals scored by the end of the season, you'll find me a merry man."

"Chelsea's been playing attacking 3-5-2 since I can ever remember the day the manager arrived. We've shown them how to play 3-5-2 two times last season, and now that they are playing us at home with a weakened side, you can expect offensive football from us."

Transfers

"As usual, the club's been active in the market, and it's nice to not receive any more death mails from our loyal fans... For our fans who are curious about why no more new players are unveiled in the proper news conference, it was because after discussions with the board, we've decided only first team signings would receive a proper news conference unveiling. Most talents we buy might end up being bought before they even make the first team, and who knows, their potential might turn out being more false than true."

Questions were raised about rumours that the SMFA personally stepped in to block a transfer bid from FC Shalke 04 on one of Club América's youth squad players, "For you curious reporters about the rumour that FC Shalke 04's transfer bid on one of our players was blocked by SMFA, I'll let you know, it's true. FC Schalke 04 bid £2,000,000 for Yigaal Gai Assulin, and I thought the bid was reasonable so I accepted it, but SMFA thought it was dodgy and blocked it. I guess it's good in another way, cause I'm pretty sure I would've got more death mails if the deal did pass through."

Fans demanded the names of the new players, and Firezen smiled before adding, "I knew the question was going to come up sooner or later. ;) We spent the left overs from the youth squad garage sale, so we've bought Robert Tesche for £3,425,000, Domingues Claudemir £3,350,000, Jan Kovarik for £175,000 and Lars Bender for £125,000."

Expected Starting Lineup Against Chelsea

Formation: 3-2-2-2-1

Guillermo OCHOA ©

Raúl TAMUDO

division2standings14010pl6.png

Division 2 Standings as of 14/01/09

ClubAmericaLogo.png

Tamudo 43, 85

Club América 2-2 Chelsea

chelsea.jpg

Carew 2, Wright-Phillips 67

Injuries continue to plague Club América's defence line as both sides failed to break the deadlock

Club América fans left Estadio Azteca more worried than frustrated as Paolo De Ceglie could be seen hobbling off the pitch during the match. Chelsea also were hit with an injury as Jean Makoun was also stretchered off in the middle of the game. In an injury plagued football match, both clubs ended with a draw as both sides registered two goals.

With both sides playing formations that use 3 defenders, and Firezen declaring that "you can expect offensive football from us" it was obvious this match was to be an action packed match. It only took 1 minute before Raúl Tamudo threatened the away side when he almost out jumped his marker to head the ball in. However, before the Club Américan fans even had a chance to warm their seat, it was surprisngly the away side who started the scoring account with a header. John Carew jumped high in the sky above all defenders on the 2nd minute and headed the ball into the net, leaving Captain Memo Ochoa rooted to the earth! Firezen's face was flushed red as he jumped around beside the sideline screaming at his defence line, pointing his finger at his watch to indicate the players that it is time to "wake up".

Fun-JohnCarew.jpg

John Carew goes into flames as his 4 goal 4 assist 3 Man of Match awards tells the world one thing... He's on Fire!

Chelsea were definitely not in a mood to celebrate, as they intended to finish the home side off. Another header attempt only flew wide of the goal on the 3rd minute when Mendonca Marcelo Mattos tried his luck. Under Firezen's ferocious tactical instructions, Club América found it hard to generate attacks as Chelsea's Juan Carlos Cacho dissolved attack after attack with his perfectly timed tackles. The same man even tried his luck on goal on the 8th minute during a scramble in the box, but the defence were caught giving a sigh of relief as the shot flew way above the crossbar. As Chelsea continued to threaten, Captain Memo Ochoa went to the rescue yet again when the team was in danger as he dived desperately to keep Chelsea out on the 12th minute.

cacho-gol.jpg

Jaun Carlos Cacho disappointed that his shot did manage to find its way into the back of the net

It was versatile striker Juan Carlos Cacho who threatened again, when he mistimed a free header that could have been easily converted into a goal on the 13th minute. 7 minutes later, the impatient Raúl Tamudo received his yellow card for violent conduct as he continued to pull off reckless tackles in order to regain the ball. Despite Club América's attempt to attack, it was still Chelsea who looked more threatening as Oleksandr Hladky was only one thin line away from scoring when he almost got his head into a fine cross on the 29th minute. Arturo Vidal tried to play striker again as he registered Club América first threatening shot, just for his easy chance to go begging as his flunked his long range shot on the 30th minute.

Arturo-Vidal-erlitt-im-Training-eine-Verletzung_7ddad7f41b.jpg

Arturo Vidal seen flunking his shot real bad

Paolo De Ceglie was booked for blocking an opponent's run on the 36th minute, but that did not stop Juan Carlos Cacho from beating the offside trap, just to let his poor shot fail him on the 41st minute. However, it was finally Club América's strike back when Raúl Tamudo slot in a stunner after showing flashes of double scissors, a fake turn, a Zidane roulette before releasing his shot. Gonzalo Castro was soon booked on the 44th minute for shirt pulling as Chelsea started to feel the pressure from Club América. All of a sudden, the short lived pressure died off as the half time whistle was blown.

Tamudo4.jpg

Raúl Tamudo took Firezen's pre game advice of not kissing the wrong club crest again for goal celebration

It was apparent that Firezen issued instructions for Club América to try some shots, as "Petit Zizou" Yoann Gourcuff blasted a shot on the 52nd minute just for the ball to roll agonisingly slowly past the wrong side of the post! Oleksandr Hladky celebrated too early on the 56th minute when his chip beat the advancing keeper, but was cleared by the awaiting defender by the goal line. New signing Fernandes Michel Bastos finally showed the Club América faithful his worth on the pitch when he tried a long range shot on the 64th minute which beat the keeper, but failed to crawl into the right side of the post. On the 67th minute, it was the away side who were to break the deadlock, as Shaun Wright-Phillips received a defence splitting through ball, faced Guillermo Ochoa 1 v 1, and slickly finished off El Capitán with a calm low shot!

C_71_article_1009923_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Shaun Wright-Phillips demonstrated to the world the high quality of Estadio Azteca's grass pitch as he slide down and glided for 5 minutes

Club Américan fans were very unhappy as they started booing and screaming to express their discontent. Ivan Rakitic responded the crowd on the 68th minute by receiving the ball in the box, controlling it before turning around and rifle his shot wide of the goal. A world class shot met with a world class save by Carlos Idriss Kameni on the 72nd minute didn't impress the fans, as the booing kept going on. Jean-Alain Boumsong showed his nerviness as he was booked for a reckless tackle on the 74th minute. Sahin Nuri was subbed on to replace Arturo Vidal on the 75th minute as Firezen sought offensive solutions on the pitch, but that did not prevent a threatening chance from Chelsea, when John Carew blasted the rebound high above the cross bar after the keeper's inital save on the 80th minute. Ivan Rakitic almost had his shot for glory when he was taken down by the advancing goalkeeper's dive at his feet on the 83rd minute. But it didn't take too long when on the 85th minute, Raúl Tamudo finally revealed "The return of the king" as he regain his form from last season when he scored his brace nonchalantly lobbed the ball over the advancing keeper. After a desperate two defender and goalkeeper joint effort to block out a shot on the 87th minute, the whistle was blown on the 90th minute to signal Club América's third league game draw of the season.

kameni.jpg

Carlos Idriss Kameni finally called into action in the second half

tamudo.jpg

Raúl Tamudo very happy to score his first brace of the season

Firezen took a deep breath when asked about his views on the game, "Wel.. what can I say? The one thing that is bothering me right now is not the results, but Paolo De Ceglie's injury. Initial scans have revealed that he will most likely be out for three weeks, which leaves us with 3 injured for the defence, with the 2 being all of our first team left backs. I will be going to call in Michel Breuer in next game, and I hope I will not be able to call in for desperate measures by filling centre backs into left back positions."

"As for the game, well we might actually call ourselves lucky for being able to leave our home ground with a draw. Chelsea dominated the game, and they could have easily doubled their score if it wasn't for luck to favour them. That being said, we showed resilience and courage to fight against the waters when even our home fans were cheering against us, so a big big round of applause for my boys out there."

"We are still undefeated with this new formation, and it will need to take more than 1 'bad game' to convince me that things need changing as I am confident my team will come back to winning ways after this game as our next league game is a home game against Division 3 champions Portsmouth as they visit Estadio Azteca once again. I am looking forward to beating them at our home grounds and start making amends to improve our home record, which has been surprisingly bad compared to our away form."

Home Formation

Club América

3-2-2-2-1

Guillermo OCHOA ©

Raúl TAMUDO

Substitute Bench

Claudio MARCHISIO

Andrea CODA

Matteo BRIGHI

Sahin NURI (75th minute - Arturo Vidal)

Jimmy BRIAND

Away Formation

Chelsea

3-5-2

Carlos Idriss KAMENI

Gonzalo CASTRO - Martin SKRTEL - Ezequiel GARAY

Jean MAKOUN

Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS - Mendonca MARCELO MATTOS © - Meléndez BORJA OUBINA - Oleksandr HLADKY

John CAREW - Juan Carlos CACHO

Substitute Bench

Renato PAULO FERREIRA

Marko MARIN

**** DIAKHATE

Carlos VILLANUEVA

Augusto RAFAEL SOBIS

Full Match Statistics

Club América 2:2 Chelsea

Club América - 43% Chelsea - 57% (Ball Possession)

Club América - 25 Chelsea - 24 (Total Shots)

Club América - 10 Chelsea - 16 (Shots On Target)

Club América - 5 Chelsea - 5 (Corners)

Club América -3 Chelsea - 1 (Yellow Cards)

Club América - 0 Chelsea - 0 (Red Cards)

Man of Match

466_1209755861.jpg

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Injury/Suspension

Paolo DE CEGLIE - Injury (Damaged Heel)

Jean MAKOUN - Injury (Stubbed Toe)

Season 4 League Game # 7 Preview: Club América v.s. Portsmouth

- "The fans demand a win, the board demand a win, I demand a win, and I intend to pull a win out of the team."

ClubAmericaLogo.pngcrossed-swords.jpgportsmouth-crest-new.jpg

They say in football, there's a thing called home ground advantage. Club América's record this season says otherwise. 2 draws and 1 loss out of the possible 3 home games is far from what most home fans would call a home ground advantage. Another English team that takes pride in a blue football kit has arrived at Estadio Azteca as Division 3 Portsmouth come marching in. It was natural that questions were raised in the pre-game interview for Firezen to answer the curiosity of the fans.

Pompey's story so far

"Since Portsmouth's rise from claiming the Division 3 title and directly promoting into Division 2, they show no signs of stopping their ascent."

"They are currently sitting comfortably in 5th place. Despite the fact they have lost twice already, the importance of 3 points is clearly shown through their wins in the other fixtures so far. Luck has been on their side at the moment as their squad do not suffer from any injuries. Their star striker Omar Bravo however is sitting out this game through suspension."

Portsmouth's manager

"This guy's record speaks for itself, 2.72 points per game. He recently just knocked me off 3rd place in the "Best Game World Managers of All Time" by 1 point. Do understand that he has only take charge of 103 games, compared to the 138 games I have taken charge of over Club América."

"Despite his tactical brilliance, he doesn't really show signs of really paying attention to youth development. A really quiet guy in the transfer market I have to say, but as long as Pompey keeps winning games, I don't think anyone but his opponents will complain."

Club América's chances

"Portsmouth maybe 3 points ahead of us, but we could beat them and level on points."

"I don't think the question of 'Do we have a chance' is appropriate this game, because our only wins so far this season has been away games. The fans don't give about chances or probabilities, all they care about is that when they buy a ticket to watch their beloved club play in Estadio Azteca, they expect the team to win in front of the home fans. The fans demand a win, the board demand a win, I demand a win, and I intend to pull a win out of the team. I'm not going to lie about me feeling rather grumpy about our home form, cause until we register our first home game win, I will continue to lose sleep over it."

Talking Tactics

"The English sides in Division 2 this season has abandoned the traditional trademark 4-4-2 in favour with the 3-5-2 formation. Chelsea deploys it, Spurs deploys it, and you guessed it, Portsmouth too."

"Portsmouth also plays an attacking 3-5-2 formation just like Chelsea. The only difference is that Portsmouth's first team line up is an average 89. That being said, they have a slightly better advantage as they still have better players on paper. But games aren't won on paper, they are won on that green pitch in front of everyone."

"I intend to continue to play the 3-2-2-2-1. Portsmouth likes to channel their attacks through the middle, and I would like to clog up the middle of the park. We're going to try to play our passing game as usual, but if we have to, we'll play ugly in order to win at all costs."

Transfers

"As usual we have been bringing in players. We have captured the signatures of Joe Heath, Gianluci Littera, Diogo Viana yesterday."

"I am currently contemplating on when Club América should stop buying players as we currently have 168 players. It is not too much of a financial concern as we are still very capable of generating a positive income every 2 turns. It is whether or not Club América really needs that many players. I will address to the fans when I finally make up my mind."

Expected Starting Lineup Against Portsmouth

Formation: 3-2-2-2-1

Guillermo OCHOA ©

Gönül GOKHAN - Jean-Alain BOUMSONG - Michel BREUER

Raúl TAMUDO

division2standings17010gv6.png

Division 2 Standings as of 17/01/09

Thank you for your words of encouragement! It's good that you still manage your Club América, especially because the temptation of giving up is so big due to availability of "better" opportunities. I'm sorry to hear that you've been relegated, but don't worry mate, you only rise when you fall!

ClubAmericaLogo.png

Gourcuff 16

Club América 1-1 Portsmouth

portsmouth-crest-new.jpg

Sinama-Pongolle 48

Club América continue their disappointing home form as they draw 1-1 with Portsmouth once again

1-1, a far from satisfying result for both sides.Club América once again fail to register their first home win of the season as the team repeat history by drawing with Division 3 Champions Portsmouth at Estadio Azteca. A certain somebody was very silent by the time the game whistle was blown.

It was clear to the team that Firezen demanded a win, and Club América responded to their manager's intention by starting the game off brightly. The goal of the away side was already threatened on the 1st minute when England's No.1 David James was forced to pull off a solid save to deny the home side an early lead. Once again, it was Raúl Tamudo who spearheaded Club América's attack when he burst into the box just to fling his arms up with disbelief when his first touch failed him on the 3rd minute. Portsmouth decided to take their chance on the home side's pressure by launching a counter attack on the 7th minute, stunning Captain Memo Ochoa as he pulled out a reflex save before knowing what happened. Portsmouth once again took use of Club América's intensive pressure at the goalmouth by launching another counter attack, this time to have Jermaine Jones called offside by the linesman on the 10th minute. However, the pressure finally paid off on the 16th minute when Yoann Gourcuff poked the ball like he was playing pool during a messy 21 man scramble in the box. David James was yelling angrily as everyone was too busy imitating Teletubbies' "big hug".

yoann-gourcuff-2.jpg

Yoann Gourcuff asks his team mates to give him a personal "big hug"

_44232768_james_getty.jpg

David James tells his team mates to hug each other when they actually score a goal

It was apparent that Club América could feel that it was their day as they continue to surge forward in numbers to double their lead. On the 19th minute, David James was once again called into action as he showed safe hands by clutching the ball into his chest. Portsmouth started getting nervous, shown by Lozan Oriol's yellow card for failing to move back 10 yards from the free kick on the 21st minute. Yoann Gourcuff could have easily become hero again on the 22nd minute when he launched a superb shot that beat David James' palms, just to be cleared off the goal line by the awaiting defenders. Portsmouth was once again caught offside when Jonathan Woodgate thought luck was on his side on the 24th minute when he burst into the six yard box. Firezen's plans to clog up the middle of the park seemed to work as Baris Ozbek kept intercepting pass after pass on 25th minute. He even almost had an assist to his name through one of his interceptions and passes to Ivan Rakitic on the 26th minute, but Rakitic's nerviness shone through his lack of experience as he hurried his shot.

s04_rakitic_345.jpg

Ivan Rakitic creating chances

Club América had to pay for the price of applying immense amount of pressure on their opponents through yellow cards, as Raúl Tamudo earned a yellow card on the 29th minute for a late challenge. Michel Breuer also joined the ranks when he was booked for demonstrating to his opponent judo by accidentally flipping him upside down with his forearm on the 35th minute. Portsmouth however survived two scares created by Ivan Rakitic on the 38th minute and 42nd minute as he failed to take his chances. The manager of Portsmouth seemed to realise that "if you don't shoot, you don't score", as he orders his men to take their chances. Florent Sinama-Pongolle tried his luck after a mazey dribble which made the defenders and himself dizzy as he failed to even hit the target on the 43rd minute. Portsmouth tried to pull off their last counter attack of the first half on the 44th minute just to see the home fans laughing their butts off when Lozano Oriol tripped over his ball clumsily as he tried to sprint down the field by himself.

michel_breuer_80067_300px.jpg

Michel Breuer looking worried for almost killing someone on his debut....

Club Américan fans were finally seen walking around the stadium with happy faces during the half time interval as the club were leading for once. They weren't too happy very soon. Once the second half whistle was blown, Club América continued to apply pressure, which almost resulted in a goal when Raúl Tamudo headed onto the roof of the goal on the 46th minute. The facial expressions of the fans revealed the later part of the story, as the merry faces glimmering with hope were shattered into shock and disappointment when Florent Sinama-Pongolle shocked himself with his long long range effort as it travelled into the top corner of the goal on the 48th minute!

424836_mediumsquare.jpg

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is ecstatic after he managed to stun everyone including himself with his long range world class goal

The home side started to panic, with Yoann Gourcuff immediately responding to the goal conceded by driving into the penalty box himself, just to let his shot fly over the bar. With a new founded sense of confidence, it was finally Portsmouth who started to return Club América a favour by applying pressure at the goal mouth of the home side. Djibril Cisse almost scored from 6 yards out just to miss his header on the 51st minute, and a clear crisp strike by John Utaka hit the side net on the 54th minute. The man who pretty much went invisible since his signing to the club caught the attention of the crowd with his showboating skills, leaving the fans shouting "Fernandes Who? Fernandes Who? Fernandes Michel Bastos!" on the 61st minute. But that didn't change the fact that it was Portsmouth who were still the side who threatened the most as Glen Johnson almost had his taste of scoring when his header flew wide of the goal after meeting with a fine cross on the 62nd minute.

070907bastos1.jpg

Fernandes Michel Bastos dribbling to the delight of the home fans

The header tactic seemed to pull off on the 64th minute when Guillermo Ochoa parried a close range thundering header. He proceeded to pull off more saves when he parried a curling shot on the 70th minute and showed off a reaction block on the 71st minute. John Utaka ran in to catch the rebound off Ochoa's reaction block, but failed to capitalise his chance on the 72nd minute. John Utaka was angry with himself and was booked for yelling at Club América's defence line and the referee with abusive language on the 74th minute.

After **** Bouba Diop's 75th minute substitution for Glen Johnson, Portsmouth continued to increase their attacking intent. On the 78th minute, Guillermo Ochoa once again was called into action as he scrambled across his net to make contact with a deadly 25 yard strike. Club América finally squeeze out a rare chance on the 80th minute, but Fernandes Michel Bastos is seen raising his hands up to the skies rambling on in a language no one seems to understand as he cannot believe blasting the ball over the bar from 6 yards out! Jermaine Jones was booked on the 82nd minute as he pulled off a late challenge according to his manager's instruction to play "rough". Portsmouth's Jonathan Woodgate played smooth one-two passing moves on the 83rd minute which gave Florent Sinama-Pongolle another go for the top corner of the goal on the 84th minute, just to be tipped over by Ochoa's full stretch save. Another header from Portsmouth ended in Ochoa's grateful hands on the 86th minute and Portsmouth ended the game off with a shot from Florent Sinama-Pongolle which deflects off cross bar on the 89th minute.

ochoa-1.jpg

Captain Memo Ochoa pulling save after save to preseve the draw

Firezen vanished from the sight of the reporters when he shook his head for an interview and informed them "I'll do the talking tomorrow."

It was apparent that Club América's hero and captain Guillermo Ochoa was to give a short simple interview with his crash course English. Ochoa was first asked about how he felt for pulling save after save to retain any hope for the home side to win. "Ah... It's good, It's a good feeling to... make a save." The reporters proceeded to ask about Ochoa's views about the game, "Well, the boss isn't too happy... when we go back he's going to kill us! But it was a tight game, a tight tight game."

Home Formation

Club América

3-2-2-2-1

Guillermo OCHOA ©

Gönül GOKHAN - Jean-Alain BOUMSONG - Michel BREUER

Raúl TAMUDO

Substitute Bench

Claudio MARCHISIO

Andrea CODA

Matteo BRIGHI

Sahin NURI

Jimmy BRIAND

Away Formation

Portsmouth

3-5-2

David JAMES

Lozano ORIOL - Jonathan WOODGATE - Sylvain DISTIN ©

Gerardo TORRADO

Glen JOHNSON - Jermaine JONES - Menegazzo FERNANDO - John UTAKA

Florent SINAMA-PONGOLLE - Djibril CISSE

Substitute Bench

Jamie ASHDOWN

Noé PAMAROT

Sean DAVIS

Omar BRAVO

**** Bouba DIOP (75th minute - Glen JOHNSON)

Full Match Statistics

Club América 1:1 Portsmouth

Club América - 44% Portsmouth - 56% (Ball Possession)

Club América - 20 Portsmouth - 14 (Total Shots)

Club América - 8 Portsmouth - 8 (Shots On Target)

Club América - 7 Portsmouth - 4 (Corners)

Club América -2 Portsmouth - 3 (Yellow Cards)

Club América - 0 Portsmouth - 0 (Red Cards)

Man of Match

4048_1230115727.jpg

Yoann Gourcuff

I've been thinking about it for quite some time, and it's very bitter decision, but I think I'm going to quite soccermanager.

I apologise to all those who have been paying attention to my thread, the fact that this thread has garnered 3.4K views makes me pretty proud, but nothing lasts forever, and I think it's time to say goodbye.

Well I've been playing this game for 123 weeks, and it's been a rather big part of me, but the reason why I played this game was because it made me happy. Well it doesn't make me happy anymore.

To be honest, I've been fighting depression since the Summer Holidays, but things just turned even worse during Christmas holiday, and it is affecting my life very badly. I have lost interest in many things, and these days nothing that I do really makes me happy. This thread made me happy, for a while, but the depression has finally kicked in and I am starting to lose interest in football.

Soccermanager has been pretty much my escape from reality. I have only realised this fact after deep thought for a long time yesterday. Will I be able to start facing reality after this? I doubt, but at least it's the "first step" of trying to drag myself out of this bloody depression.

The moment I post this post will be the resignation of me from my club. Club América's been my baby since day one, and I really feel bad about this decision. I just feel too tired to go on, and the fact that playing this game doesn't give me anymore happiness makes going on even harder.

I love this forum, hope you guys keeping kicking it live, cause I don't recall ever being in such a friendly forum for a long time. Best of wishes for everyone, and especially for those who manage the almighty Club América.

And for those who are interested in taking care of my Club América, keep a look out for WC 1074... I hope my baby goes into good hands...

Regards,

Firezen

Firezen i am by no means qualified but im studying Sports Psychology and iv done Depression in depth.

See a counsellor or a psychologist. They can and will help :) i know you dont know me, but its sad to here someone with such a problem.

Good luck, regards !

Just seen this thread had died after wondering how Firenze was doing. I doubt Firenze will see this post, but if you do fella, sorry to hear about your depression and I hope you get yourself sorted :)

Hey Firezen,

If your reading this thread, I really hope you are feeling way better now. Since your departure there has been a manager (who is now managing Shakter Donetsk in our WC) who took over almost immediately. He did a pretty decent job as a manager, not wrecking the first team at all, but instead expanding the youth section with even more arrivals (surprised by the quality of arrivals!).

After I took over, I'm sorry to tell you, but I sold some of your youth squad players. But don't worry, I'm not screwing up your team (hope I'm not), as I'm just raising more money for the real talents as I identified many money spinners that are to be rid of on the team. I also shifted your first team around. Sold Gokhan Gonul and Ivanovic for Rod Fanni and Boateng. Sold Breuer for Vertonghen. Sold Nicolita for Susaeta, and I sold your LM guy (forgot his name) for Sebastien Blanco. I received an offer that I could not simply slip by for Yoann Gourcuff, and I bought Viktor Fayzulin as replacement. Since Raul Tamudo was most likely going to drop, I bought Cavenaghi in hope for a rise, and I bought Steven Fletcher as back up talent. Unfortunately Fanni and Cavenaghi didn't rise... "Fanni" right?

The ex manager before me did an okay job tactically as he used your 3-2-2-2-1 formation most of the time and managed to keep the team at mid-table. I came in and got the team to 3rd place with 6 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses (for a while), and the team is now 4th place, level on points with 3rd place Boca Juniors. I can assure you, the team is pretty much in safe hands. 2nd place Chelsea are only 2 points away, so qualifying in style at 2nd place is definitely within reach. The remaining matches aren't tough too, while 3rd place and 2nd place have rough fixtures.

*By the way mate, your team is officially 213 players right now. Not bad compared to 150+ players in the beginning of the season.

Glad to see his "baby" went into good hands' date=' fingers crossed he is ok now. I hope you keep this thread alive buddy, alot of pressure on your shoulders now :D[/quote']

I hope so too B) Firezen loved that team and it is good to see a forumer who'll take just as good care as Firezen did with the team has taken over.:)

Firezen would also have been pleased to know my own America are 3rd in D2 now, not far behind second and are in the cup final tomorrow hoping to defend it :)

Glad to see his "baby" went into good hands' date=' fingers crossed he is ok now. I hope you keep this thread alive buddy, alot of pressure on your shoulders now :D[/quote']

Dang you make me feel all pressurised now, lol. I can't guarantee if I'll be able to update the thread as often as Firezen used to do... I'm a "sports legened" after all, so I'm always pretty busy. :D Maybe I should do some interview or something soon.

Shocking! Cruijff is back in business... in Mexico?

cruijff.jpg

Johan Cruijff already contemplating if he made the right decision with the media uproar...

Johan Cruijff had announced his retirement of retirement from a managerial post since 7th March 2009, and he has finally decided to expose himself to the public after leading Club América to 6 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

Reason for coming back in the world of football

"I never left the world of football, shall I say? I've always been here, but more of a back stage position.

As for why out of all the clubs, Club América? Good question, I don't even understand either... Haha, just kidding with you *wink*. A new challenge I guess. I've won everything worth winning you've got to offer in Europe, so why not try my luck with a Mexican club seeking International recognition? Also this club has an already established youth squad, senior squad and stadium capacity which were laid down by an extremely foreseeing ex-manager Firezen. I'm really just taking over post of a very well built ship."

Season so far

"Well since Firezen's departure, Shakhtar Donetsk's current manager took over the club and used the 3-2-2-2-1 formation Firezen used prior to leaving and we have been able to secure upper mid-table finishing. Since my arrival, I made a slew of signings and a few pats on the shoulders and showed my players how to do Cruijff turns properly and we've won more than half the games I've been in charge of. Beat Sevilla, Arsenal and Chelsea, but somehow we lost to an unmanaged Dynamo Kyiv... But we are on course to promoting to Divison 1. We've also got a head to head match against Boca Juniors coming up, so I'm looking forward to teaching them a football lesson."

ajax.jpg

Tactics

"I play according to the situation we have in our hands. But I do like to play offensively as much as possible, because after all one or two three points can shift the league table so much. Last game we experimented playing 4-4-1-1 and it kind of backfired, but maybe it was just a shock result."

Last fixture's starting XI

G.Ochoa

R. Fanni - R. Alexis - D. Marcellis - R. Sirl

A. Ryazantsev - M. Brighi - J.Plasil - F. Michel Bastos

P. Helmes

F. Cavenaghi

Squad

"There has been a few changes in the senior squad, including three loan signings that were made by the ex-manager, but except for that nothing much has changed. The new squad list will be displayed soon on the club website."

217 Players - 39 Senior 178 Youth

Objectives of the season

"There's 9 games left to play. Arsenal is only 5 points ahead of us. The league title is there for us to grab."

World Championship 1074 Division 2: Bordeaux vs Club América Preview

homegamevbordeauxdiv2.png

Several times in the beginning of the season, Club América questioned their ability to make an impact on their race for title. That doubt eventually costed them their long serving manager Firezen to self doubt and depression. However, it was the win against Bordeaux away at home on 4th of February that sparked a fourteen game unbeaten streak that consisted of nine wins and 5 draws.

Another run of 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses see Club América landed on 3rd place, level on points with 2nd place Boca Juniors and 3 points away from the summit. If Club América wins and their opponents up the ladder falter, it would be the first time since around 100 days ago that Club América sat in the same spot in the same division.

Club América's major signing under Johan Cruijff, Fernando Cavenaghi, is still suspended for 1 more game due to the accumulation of 5 yellow cards. Loan signing from Arsenal Danny Miguel is still out injured, but will be back in 4 days to help give the club a push towards title ambitions. Except for that, Cruijff has a nearly full squad to pick from.

"I am not worried at all by the missing of 2 players for the starting lineup. Of course they will be missed, but being able to still win game after game without Danny Miguel (90 rated AM) shows the amount of depth and quality behind the senior squad. Steven Fletcher did a good job to take over Cavenaghi's spot, and I reckon they could battle it out once Cavenaghi comes back from suspension." replies the manager over opinions of the current injury/suspension situation.

Bordeaux boasts one of the relatively better starting lineups (Average 90 rated, 28 years old) on paper compared to the majority of the division. They even have one of the world's best players, José Fernando Torres, but have surprisingly underachieved with that quality, as they now sit in an embarrassing 12th place.

However, their table position does not reflect their current form. An 11 game unbeaten streak stretching all the way back to the beginning of last month. Certainly they are a side to be reckoned with.

"I won't be too worried about Bordeaux's unbeaten run, and I certainly would not feel remorse when we halt their run right here in our stadium. I am certain that the 100,000 fans that would come watch us play tonight will show us the support we need in annihilating our opponents in our home ground. We should focus on building upon the foundation of our current form and keep our consistency. The title is for Arsenal to lose and for us to win." concludes Johan Cruijff.

division2standings11040.png

Thank you, but I have a question for those who read this thread... should I just extend the lines once the report extends beyond the image? If you didn't get what I mean (sorry, can't put it in clearer terms), the lines are consistently crammed up in that margin. Should I give more space to the lines once there is actually space on the right side?

Would love to know what people think, cause it is rather tiresome constantly having to put the text within the margin... but I also wanted to keep it a professional look, cause I've seen professional match reports do the cramming consistently all the way until the end of the report.

Thank you' date=' but I have a question for those who read this thread... should I just extend the lines once the report extends beyond the image? If you didn't get what I mean (sorry, can't put it in clearer terms), the lines are consistently crammed up in that margin. Should I give more space to the lines once there is actually space on the right side?

Would love to know what people think, cause it is rather tiresome constantly having to put the text within the margin... but I also wanted to keep it a professional look, cause I've seen professional match reports do the cramming consistently all the way until the end of the report.[/quote']

Do it however you want mate ;)

Update on my America, I beat a strong Chivas side in the final of the play-offs and after three promotions in a row I will be playing top flight football next season :) I've got a feeling I may struggle next season, but as long as I stay up, I think the players I have will be good enough to have a bash at the title next year once they rise a little more :)

I've been really busy with real life for the past month. I've also got some constraints in life preventing me from having abundance amount of time online.

That being said, Club America got promoted to Division 1 through play offs! Not exactly my cup of tea to end 5th place in the league after some dissapointing results towards the end of the season, but to qualify for top division football is a pleasure.

Congratulations to you SMPL, hope our Club Americas can perform well in top division football!