English Championship 26 Match Reports/Transfer News

Re: English Championship 26 Match Reports/Transfer News

Charlton appoint new manager

Ryan Clarke was appointed new Charlton manager and then vowed to get them out of the relagation zone.

He then dismissed talks about a takeover and a new stadium and said that to ger rid of The Valley would be stupid.

images-34.jpg

Despite having 20 mil to spend he said that you will see people leaving The Valley to create some more cash.

Charlton get busy in the Transfer Market

Today Charlton Athletic confermed 3 transfer deals as Lavezzi,Burdisso and Van Bronkhorst came to the Valley.As they arrived by plane they were mobbed by excited Charlton fans with Lavezzi getting most of the attention.images-35.jpg

They then accepted bids for Dzeko and Grote which will bring a combined fee of 11 million into the coffers and the chairman has given Ryan the all clear to spend it straight away.With 14 million left in the coffers with the addtional cash raised by the slaes od Dzeko and Grote Ryan will have a cool 15 million to spend and he has said he may sell even more players to get where he wants.

images-36.jpg

Leeds 2-2 Charlton

Ryans appointment must have had a very quick effect as Charlton managed a 2-2 draw with 12 placed Leeds.

On what might have been his farewll performance Grote grabbed a goal along with Ricardinho to put Charlton 2-0 up in under 10 mins.But a Higuain double put Leeds on level Terms

Guest cabbytoodles

Hey Ryan. I'm Caleb and I took Derby in Division 2. All NMF though. Mind if I post here? There's a couple of quality lads in my team - Chellini, Zhirkov, Neuer :)

Charlton Make moves for 3 new faces

Charlton have made Bids for Gallas,Gonzalez and Mehmet Aurolio.Together they will come in for a massive 18 million.These will only go through when Grote and Dzeko leave.

Here is our Interview With Gonzalez.

Rep:Hi Gonzalez.

Gonzalez:Hi.What would you like to know?

Rep:Well i want to know how you feel that Charlton are intrested in you?

Gonzalez:Its great to know your wanted and i have always wanted a move to England and if i leave i will help them fight the drop.

Rep:In the proposed deal Charltons best player this season Ricardinho goes the other way.How can you live up to the standerd that he has set?

Gonzalez:I will try my best and i have a completly different type of game to Ricardinho so i will hope to make an impact in my own way.

Rep:What do you think of Ryan Clarke?

Gonzalez:when i spoke to him about my contract he seemed a nice guy who is detirmined to get things done which is something my current manager lacks.

Rep:Thanks for all your info and i wish you the best of luck wherever you may be playing.

Ryan has voiced his concerns about whether he gallas deal will go through as Valencia have also made a bid for him.

Thats all for now and may i wish Caleb the best of luck at his new club Norwich as he decided he preferred them

Guest cabbytoodles

54_1197121760.gif

New man at the helm at Carrow Road!

"The Canaries" Norwich City has appointed Caleb as their new manager following days of negotiation. Caleb was said to be the unanimous choice of the board after his teams were known to play beautiful football while not compromising on efficiency.

The media caught up with Caleb outside the club's training ground and found out what he had to say on his appointment.

"I'm pleased obviously. I know people may doubt that we are a good team but you just have to take a look at our squad to see why great optimism is currently oozing among the fans and the playing staff alike. We have a decent squad for a Division 3 side and players like Luis Anderson, Sergio Asenjo and Dirk Marcellis are names who can walk into most Division 1 sides. My aim this season would be to get Norwich promoted. First off, the chairman Roger Munby has been really supportive, pledging to support me in the transfer market and I hope I'll be able to get in the right players to fire up our season."
Guest cabbytoodles

54_1197121760.gif80_1217330011.jpg

Norwich announces link up with Division 1 giants Tottenham Hotspur.

Following the appointment of a new manager, a huge transfer kitty, loyal fans of Norwich City were given more reason to cheer after a statement on the club's website announced the linking up of Norwich with Tottenham.
Norwich City are pleased to announce the link-up with Tottenham Hotspur as of 29 November 2008.

Norwich manager Caleb and Tottenham's Yap were said to be childhood friends and former teammates at Tampines Rovers, a Singaporean club. Their friendship meant that the linking up of both clubs proceeded smoothly.

Said Caleb, "I'm glad that a big club like Tottenham has now ties with Norwich. Fans can now expect to see some skillful youths from White Hart Lane arrive at Carrow Road on loan."

Tottenham-Hotspur-256x256.png

Tottenham News

Tottenham manager Yap finally breaks his 34-match silence over his team.

34 matches ago, Spurs appointed Yap following the sacking of Mr Jack Smith. The squad was low on confidence and was languishing in the bottom half of the Premier League. Most were also unfit, spending the farewell days of Mr Jack Smith's reign partying till dawn. However, when Yap came in, he imposed a strict diet and rules to follow, and is reaping rewards now, as Spurs are currently 3rd in the Division in this new season.

Yap also brought in several new faces and several unwanted players left, which Yap did not bother to remember who they were. The new faces were Van der Sar, Anelka, Giovinco, and several youths. Just yesterday, another new signing was announced. Spurs had beaten off the competition of Conventry City to secure the signing of Muntari from Udinese, for a fee of 6.3m and Giles Barnes and Serge Gakpe. Also, Pavel Nedved arrived from Lyon for 2.6m.

He said, " Well, the current squad is starting to gel now, and building a strong team spirit. Since we have quite a big squad, I will allow most youths and some experienced heads to be loaned out to other clubs. However, some players are untouchables, and no bids, unless superhuman bids, will be considered for the following players. They are Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres and David Villa. Sergio Ramos, a player subjected to High-flying Sunderland's interest, can go for good player exchanges."

2 in 3 out at The Valley

Charlton completed the signings of Mehmet Aurolio and Gonazalez as Ricardinho who was Charltons best player so far went the other way in part of the Gonzalez deal and then Grote and Dzeko left the club.

Charlton have pulled out of the Gallas deal saying that Atleticos bid was higher and Charltons wasn't going to get accepted.He also said after he had had a sleep he decided he didn't want Gallas as he ruined all chances of any type of success.

After scanning through the clubs histpry he saw that his side had been Division 1 Runners up which made him even more determined to guide them to success.

Charlton beat Watford 5-1!

Charlton Kicked Watfords but in a game which Charlton won with ease.

It only took 8 mins for Lavezzi a debutant to smash his shot right in the top corner.

Then 2 minutes later a clever flick from Lavezzi set Defoe up as he cooly finished it to make it 2-0.

Mikkelson then scored an amazing 35 yard free-kick that flew through the air like a rocket and went ended up in the top corner leaving Cerny stunned as Charlton went off to celabrate.

2 minutes as Charlton were still feeling the effects of their 3 goal cushion as Bouazza managed to scramble in to score.

Charlton domainted the rest of the half and could have made it 4 or 5.

Elmander managed to finish off an amazing passing move as Watfords defence was cut wide open leaving Cerny at Elmanders mercy and to the Charlton supporters delight he chipped the keeper.

Defoe took on 3 player then passed to Lavezzi who hit the bar but luckily it came back out Defoe who smashed it into the net to leave Watford travelling back home knowing they had been out classed by a Charlton side who under their new manager will look foraward to better things

Transfer News

Charlton have decided to pursue their intrest in Gallas as they fell that even though he is a bad captain he won't be made captain until he's thought to be ready.

More to come as we get it

Tottenham demolished Birmingham City 7-0 at St. Andrews to widen the gap between them and 4th placed Middlesbrough to 6 points, with a superior goal difference. The hero of the day was defensive midfielder Claude Makelele, who hit a hat trick, and in the process, took his season's tally to 7 goals in 8 appearances, a incredible record for a defensive midfielder. Clarence Seedorf and Nicolas Anelka were the other scorers( each hit a brace) in this one sided encounter. Birmingham's substitutions proved to be a wise choice, as after the 3 75th minute substitutions, they only conceded 1 goal:p

Birmingham City 0 (0)

Tottenham 7 (2) Makelele 14, 46, 49, Seedorf 19, 68, Anelka 60, 84

Its not gone to plan!

Following Ryans 5 day holiday he could not help them on the gam where he was away which ended in a loss and following the 2-1 loss to Everton Charlton find themselves last in the table.

He said that he has 18 mil left to spend and he will.He hopes the players Transfer listed will be going to different clubs and more players will be brought in.He apoigises for thier bad run of form and hopes to pick up points to avoid relagation and get a mid-table postion.

"Top 10 would be great this season"Ryan Clarke said.

Transfer news to follow

Transfer News at Charlton

Charlton have been busy in the transfer market and have made bids for 5 players and have accepeted a bid for a player.

The players that Charlton have made offers for are Cani,Quim,Castro,Ledemesa and De Zeeuw.They have accepted a bid for Bispo Adriano for near a 7 nad a half mil fee.

He states that with the funds from the sale of Adriano he hopes to bring 1 maybe 2 more players to the valley if they are badly needed.

The fans still have faith in the manager despite the terrible league position though he has had 3 games to turn it around 2 of which he was on holiday

• 2 weeks later...

milwall apoint new manager az yousuf

"i hope to get them to a play-off spot but its make or break time as we play bristol city who are behind us on goal differnce.I also plan to spend atleast 20 million to buy new players"said the manager in the press conference

"i hope to get them to a play-off spot but its make or break time as we play bristol city who are behind us on goal differnce.I also plan to spend atleast 20 million to buy new players"said the manager in the press conference

Wow a new manager.

In related news, Spurs thrash Ryan's Charlton 6-2 to go top of the Premier League for the first time under Yap................

Nicolas PENNETEAU joins millwall in shock move!!!!

during his press confrence az yousuf said he was going to make some big signings and it looks like he is a man of his word

Speculation was growing and millwall fans were getting excited and then the manager anounsed he made a transfer "the first of many" he said,but it came at a cost 27 year old french goalkeeper nicholas penneteau joind the club for a fee of 3.3 million and Matthew CONNOLLY,penneteau is set to make his debut against rivals bristol city

it loos like he will be busy in the transfer market as he is going to buy one "secret player" who he claims will change the face of the millwall strife force

This thread has sort of died out but i am more than happy to start posting again

• 3 weeks later...

Izod takes over Ipswich hot seat.

Ipswich town today announced Dave Izod as new manager tasked with saving the relegation haunted East Anglians from the dreaded drop into division 3.Izod starts his campaign with a home game against unmanaged fellow relegation battlers Huddlesfield town.