Vedad Ibisevic

lil_kick_kid

Re: Vedad Ibisevic - Bundesliga Goalscoring Machine!!

Looks like you have named all the russians with talent' date=' if someone were to make a list of players with talent in germany i'd be 100x longer.[/quote']

well there's a brazilian international, a ukranian international and a portugese international (who became one playing in russia). and remind me where germany's captain plays his football? ;)

And in your list you state that Leverkusen is the lowest of German topclubs while you have teams like Dynamo Moskva in yours...that's like comparing Muller with Ibisevic:)

dynamo moscow's trophy list:

Soviet championship: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1963, 1976

Soviet/Russian Cup champions: 1937, 1953, 1967, 1970, 1977, 1984, 1996

bayer leverkusen's trophy list:

German Cup: 1993

UEFA Cup: 1988

:P

ps just remembered something - ibisevic reminds me a bit of ailton a few season ago, couldnt remember at the time but the sudden goal rush reminds me a lot of him

Soviet championship: 1936' date=' 1937, 1940, 1945, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1963, 1976

UEFA Cup: 1988[/quote']

Contradictingly well done... its harder to win the German league 'cos the teams are better there.

If ibisevic dont deserve 90 then players like torres,owen, dont deserve to be in 90s.

If i was a real manager i would opt ibisevic over them.

They play once in a month and probably score and rest.

What a waste of money.

Atleast players like zaki,ibisevic,hoarau are paying back their wages through goals apart from merchandise thats only what torres and owen can get for club.

Ibisevic deserves 90

Contradictingly well done... its harder to win the German league 'cos the teams are better there.

thats my reasoning for putting them in the big 6 - anyway leverkusen remind me a bit of newcastle ;)

If ibisevic dont deserve 90 then players like torres' date='owen, dont deserve to be in 90s.

What a waste of money.

Atleast players like zaki,ibisevic,hoarau are paying back their wages through goals apart from merchandise thats only what torres and owen can get for club.

Ibisevic deserves 90[/quote']

lol!

Players like Torres don't deserve a 90? Are you mad man? :eek:

Calm down everyone. Give him 89 and let him prove himself that he can continue this streak into next season..

Anyone remember Mateja Kezman? He used to score 37 goals in 40 games 3 season in a row for PSV in Holland. Then he went to Chelsea and Fener and was ****.

Stop overhyphing players based on 3 months. This is becoming quite ridiculous.

Why not?

Ok not torres yet but what about owen still 91 managed what about 20-25 goals for newcastle in all these year.

He wont drop in 80s just because he used to be big player.

Then there is shevchenko.

Please rate them on the basis of performance not on possible or faded potential.

I haven't voiced my opionion on this guy yet, but having read the last 18 pages I feel I should.

At this moment in time, he deserves an 88: 14 starts, 14 goals and 5 assists since the German ratings were last analysed, not to mention 37 minutes in Bosnia and Herzegovina's World Cup Qualifying game against Turkey and half a game against Armenia, as well as 2 goals recently in Bosnia's friendly win against Slovenia.

If he continues his league form (as well as his growing international form) for the next few months until the German rating changes then I see no reason why he shouldn't get an 89. And if he keeps it up still, then why not a 90 in the post-season rating changes? Even if this is his first season in the top flight, if he's the best performing player in a league such as the Bundesliga, then he deserves to be rated in the high-eighties.

or to flip that its easier for ibisevic to get into his NT than dzagoev and is more likely to get minutes considering their respective competition for places. also' date=' a 24 year old with 11 caps isnt more impressive than an 18 year old with 2 caps, is it?

from what i've seen of the german league and the russian league this past year i honestly feel top to bottom the russian one is better - personal opinion mind you but the uefa rankings have both countries 5 and 6, although one club is giving germany a greater weighting (i.e. bayern), so if you were to take out the top ranked team from each country the gap would be far closer. dzagoev was a big part in cska finishing second in the russian league and also in them dominating their group in the uefa cup so its not really possible to compare the season of a team who's in europe and has finished their season to one that is half way through theirs and not in europe

my points are that he's 24 and only just started to perform at this high a level, therefore he should not get a huge rise i.e. 90+ but i did state that 88 would be a fair rise. and why on earth would i want him to fail - some of the ibisevic lovers are taking this discussion far too seriously :rolleyes:[/quote']

Ya it's easier for Ibisevic to make it in, that's true. But then again Ibisevic has 12 caps. You are saying that an 18 year old with 2 caps is better then a 24 year old with 12 caps. Now this is where I get crazy. :D It seems to me like you're suggesting SM ratings should now not only be based on performance but also age. That's not how the game works.

Are you joking with me? First of all I'm still to see a Russian team do well in the champions league. So that's the best way you can determine better leagues. Then your point about the weighting of Bayern. That was the most hypocritical thing to say from your stand point. Take away Zenit and CSKA. Then the whole top half of the Bundesliga will be able to beat any other team in Russia. Name all of the good players in Russia and there'll be a few who aren't in Zenit or CSKA. Do that with the Bundesliga and there are good players everywhere.

Let me get this into your head. AGE DOES NOT MATTER. Please stop bringing it up because it's irrelevant. Ya it's his first really good season, but he can still get 89. And to me it seems like you want Ibisevic to fail. Because while you're saying that we're taking it to serious you're arguing with everyone's opinion.

Russia's big teams - Zenit and CSKA.

Germany's big teams - Bayern, Hamburg, Werder, Schalke, Stuttgart, Leverkusen and Dortmund.

I would say German league is better by a mile.

Thank you!!

for a start you've missed out the current russian champions and the team that has won the russian league the most times and included a broke german team who finished 13th in the german league last season. plus that doesnt address the overall strength of the league anyway

True. But Kazan could stand no chance against any team in the top table of Germany. And Dortmund is much better this season. And let's not forget the likes of Hoffenheim and Hertha BSC Berlin.

ok,

for a start i'd take out dortmund from the list of big clubs in germany, but i'd go with:

bayern

(couple of stratospheres lower)

hamburg

stuttgart

bremen

schalke(stuttgart, bremen and schalke are interchangeable)

(then a gap)

leverkusen

as for russia:

cska moscow

zenit

spartak moscow (zenit and spartak are interchangeable)

lokomotiv moscow

(bit of a gap here)

dynamo moscow

rubin kazin

Haha, I laugh at this. First of all we're not talking about big teams, we're talking about good teams. As I said CSKA and Zenit are the only teams who can take on anyone in the top half of the Bundesliga table. The likes of Spartak, Lokomotiv and Kazan don't stand any chance. While Germany has teams like Bayern, Hamburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, Hoffenheim, Hertha, Dortmund, Leverkusen etc.

In Russia there are no players like Ribery, Lahm, Diego, Lucio, Toni, Schweinsteiger, Mertesacker, Gomez, Trochowski etc.

Everytime a player becomes popular when playing in Russia, he will move to England/Spain/Italy/Germany, like Pavlyuchenko... so the German League will always be better.

For sure. I hear what you're saying. But there are many others who play better then these guys. Many of those guys are the over hyped players. And you're right that players from the Bundesliga will stay. I mean I can only think of a few players who moved abroad. The likes of:

Pizarro

Santa Cruz

Ballack

Juan

Voronin

Berbatov

Van Der Vaart

I can't think of to many more, the players stay true to the Bundesliga.

well half of those players are bayern players, which proves my point about the spread of the talent in germany compared to russia heavily in bayern munich's favour

the top clubs are likely to be stronger, but that doesnt mean that the league as a whole will be stronger. fair point abut pavluchenko leaving russia, but lest we forget van der vaart and ballack left hamburg and bayern to go to spain and england in recent years, and schweinsteiger looks like he wont renew his contract at the end of the season so he'll likely be gone from the bundesliga so the above is a moot point really

oh, and last time i checked the likes of arshavin, zyryanov, tymoschuk, akinfeev, vagner love, danny, zhirkov, semak, anyukov, and pogbrenyak are still in russia

You're correct that most of the big names are in Bayern. But many of the other pretty big names and good players are else where. And don't even try and compare to Russia because almost everyone is in Zenit or CSKA.

Mate, if most of the Bundesliga is better then almost all of the Russian league I think that the Bundesliga is better. And there are barely any who moved away from Germany, however I can say the same for Russia.

And about the players you mentioned, which two teams do most of them play for? That's what I thought.

Looks like you have named all the russians with talent, if someone were to make a list of players with talent in germany i'd be 100x longer.

And in your list you state that Leverkusen is the lowest of German topclubs while you have teams like Dynamo Moskva in yours...that's like comparing Muller with Ibisevic

Ya, there would definitely be more in the Bundesliga. And I loved the Gerd Muller and Ibisevic reference due to the previous context of the 2 players (in our discussions). :D

Soviet championship: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1963, 1976

UEFA Cup: 1988

ps just remembered something - ibisevic reminds me a bit of ailton a few season ago, couldnt remember at the time but the sudden goal rush reminds me a lot of him

May I point out how long ago those trophy wins were for Moskow? And it seems Bayer have international recognition by trophy, unlike Moskow. Oh and lets not forget how much harder it is for Leverkusen to win in Germany.

I like that point, and I very much agree with it. :)

If ibisevic dont deserve 90 then players like torres,owen, dont deserve to be in 90s.

What a waste of money.

Ibisevic deserves 90

That's some mad incorrectness lol. Ibisevic does deserve a 90 and he'll get it, but not in the upcoming changes. But all of the comments about Torres and such I wouldn't agree with lol.

Players like Torres don't deserve a 90? Are you mad man?

Calm down everyone. Give him 89 and let him prove himself that he can continue this streak into next season..

Anyone remember Mateja Kezman? He used to score 37 goals in 40 games 3 season in a row for PSV in Holland. Then he went to Chelsea and Fener and was ****.

Stop overhyphing players based on 3 months. This is becoming quite ridiculous.

I agree about the Torres part lol. :D

I agree, an 89 for now would be fair. And yes I remember Kezman. However this guys isn't a Serb :D (only kidding). But we can't forget how much better the Bundesliga is compared to the dutch league. But still, that would happen to Ibisevic as well. But then again that's why ratings can also go down.

Why not?

Ok not torres yet but what about owen still 91 managed what about 20-25 goals for newcastle in all these year.

He wont drop in 80s just because he used to be big player.

Then there is shevchenko.

Please rate them on the basis of performance not on possible or faded potential.

I agree about the faded potential and such, but is this still about Ibisevic?

I haven't voiced my opionion on this guy yet, but having read the last 18 pages I feel I should.

At this moment in time, he deserves an 88 14 starts, 14 goals and 5 assists since the German ratings were last analysed, not to mention 37 minutes in Bosnia and Herzegovina's World Cup Qualifying game against Turkey and half a game against Armenia, as well as 2 goals recently in Bosnia's friendly win against Slovenia.

If he continues his league form (as well as his growing international form) for the next few months until the German rating changes then I see no reason why he shouldn't get an 89. And if he keeps it up still, then why not a 90 in the post-season rating changes? Even if this is his first season in the top flight, if he's the best performing player in a league such as the Bundesliga, then he deserves to be rated in the high-eighties.

That's a lot of reading lol. But I pretty much agree with what you stated in those paragraphs. Cheers mate. :)

That's a lot of reading lol. But I pretty much agree with what you stated in those paragraphs. Cheers mate. :)

Thanks, lil_kick_kid.

I think the big thing we've got to remember is that if he's going to get an 89, he has to keep this form up. I think he's pretty much guaranteed an 88 right now, but he's going to have go a bit further to get that 89.

Also, I didn't read it in one go (that would take ages), I've been reading the updates on this thread for a couple of months, but I didn't post because I don't really follow the Bundesliga and, to be honest, I didn't expect him to carry on this form for so long. :)

Thanks' date=' lil_kick_kid.

I think the big thing we've got to remember is that if he's going to get an 89, he has to keep this form up. I think he's pretty much guaranteed an 88 right now, but he's going to have go a bit further to get that 89.

Also, I didn't read it in one go (that would take ages), I've been reading the updates on this thread for a couple of months, but I didn't post because I don't really follow the Bundesliga and, to be honest, I didn't expect him to carry on this form for so long. :)[/quote']

Lol, I know that many didn't expect him to keep his form. But from the start I could tell he was a consistent guy, not just another Ishiaku lol. Anyway if he keeps up the form as you said he'll get 89. But he's kept it up until now, I don't know why he would stop.

For sure. I hear what you're saying. But there are many others who play better then these guys. Many of those guys are the over hyped players. And you're right that players from the Bundesliga will stay. I mean I can only think of a few players who moved abroad. The likes of:

Pizarro

Santa Cruz

Ballack

Juan

Voronin

Berbatov

Van Der Vaart

Fernando Meira

Timo Hildebrand

Vincent Kompany

Owen Hargreaves

Roy Makaay

Lincoln

Andres D'Alessandro

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Gilberto

Ebi Smolarek

Johan Micoud

Khalid Boulahrouz

Marcelinho

Tomas Rosicky

Jan Koller

just to name a few more

Fernando Meira

Timo Hildebrand

Vincent Kompany

Owen Hargreaves

Roy Makaay

Lincoln

Andres D'Alessandro

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Gilberto

Ebi Smolarek

Johan Micoud

Khalid Boulahrouz

Marcelinho

Tomas Rosicky

Jan Koller

just to name a few more

Sorry, sorry. Lol, anyway this has nothing to do with Ibisevic lol. :D

Ya it's easier for Ibisevic to make it in' date=' that's true. But then again Ibisevic has 12 caps. You are saying that an 18 year old with 2 caps is better then a 24 year old with 12 caps. Now this is where I get crazy. :D It seems to me like you're suggesting SM ratings should now not only be based on performance but also age. That's not how the game works.[/quote']

the age thing is simple - it is not necessarily to base ratings on, but what is more impressive, and to me an 18 year old with 2 caps for a strong team is more impressive than a 24 year old with 12 caps for a relatively weak team.

Are you joking with me? First of all I'm still to see a Russian team do well in the champions league.

lokomotiv moscow had a couple of good runs in the CL - monaco only just scraped past them in the last 16 on away goals the year they got to the final and they knocked out inter in the group stages (the year after inter lost the semis on away goals and the year before they made the quarters)' date=' spartak did well in '96 getting to the quarters and winning the group. zenit were [b']very[/b] unlucky to go out at the group stage - deserved far better and bad luck with the draw (e.g. if they were in barcas group instead of shaktar, inter's group instead of panathaniakos or arsenal's ahead of fener/kiev (cant remember which team was the 3rd seed) i have no doubt that they would have gone through, but that's hypotheticals.

as for german teams in the cl - without bayern its pretty unimpressive - schalke are the only team to win a knockout tie (and that was last year on penalties) and if memory serves me correct out of the big 4 leagues (italy, spain, england and germany) they've had more teams eliminated in the qualifying round prior to the group stage, so whilst a fair few german teams made the dance not many hooked up ;)

oh, and zenit did trounce bayern in the uefa last season ;)

Ya it's his first really good season' date=' but he can still get 89. And to me it seems like you want Ibisevic to fail. [/quote']

he could well get 89 next time - personally i think 88 is fair for now and if he continues he'll probably get a 90. and i can't for the life of me understand why i'd want him to fail - i don't know him, i don't support any german teams, i don't really care for international football so i dont see why i'd want him to fail

Because while you're saying that we're taking it to serious you're arguing with everyone's opinion.

not arguing - discussing :)

I haven't voiced my opionion on this guy yet' date=' but having read the last 18 pages I feel I should.

At this moment in time, he deserves an 88: 14 starts, 14 goals and 5 assists since the German ratings were last analysed, not to mention 37 minutes in Bosnia and Herzegovina's World Cup Qualifying game against Turkey and half a game against Armenia, as well as 2 goals recently in Bosnia's friendly win against Slovenia.

Ah perfectly put.

the age thing is simple - it is not necessarily to base ratings on' date=' but what is more impressive, and to me an 18 year old with 2 caps for a strong team is more impressive than a 24 year old with 12 caps for a relatively weak team.

lokomotiv moscow had a couple of good runs in the CL - monaco only just scraped past them in the last 16 on away goals the year they got to the final and they knocked out inter in the group stages (the year after inter lost the semis on away goals and the year before they made the quarters), spartak did well in '96 getting to the quarters and winning the group. zenit were [b']very[/b] unlucky to go out at the group stage - deserved far better and bad luck with the draw (e.g. if they were in barcas group instead of shaktar, inter's group instead of panathaniakos or arsenal's ahead of fener/kiev (cant remember which team was the 3rd seed) i have no doubt that they would have gone through, but that's hypotheticals.

as for german teams in the cl - without bayern its pretty unimpressive - schalke are the only team to win a knockout tie (and that was last year on penalties) and if memory serves me correct out of the big 4 leagues (italy, spain, england and germany) they've had more teams eliminated in the qualifying round prior to the group stage, so whilst a fair few german teams made the dance not many hooked up ;)

oh, and zenit did trounce bayern in the uefa last season ;)

he could well get 89 next time - personally i think 88 is fair for now and if he continues he'll probably get a 90. and i can't for the life of me understand why i'd want him to fail - i don't know him, i don't support any german teams, i don't really care for international football so i dont see why i'd want him to fail

not arguing - discussing :)

You still don't seem to get it. On this thread we're discussing ratings, so what's more impressive considering a players age isn't relevant. So let's not discuss that, because SM do not base their ratings around that.

Ok listen to this lol. German teams have done SOO much better then Russian teams in the Champions league and UEFA Cup. These are some Champions league statistics:

German Teams (Winners):

Bayern Munchen (4)

Borussia Dortmund (1)

Hamburg (1)

German Teams (Runners Up):

Bayern Munchen (3)

Bayer Leverkusen (1)

Borussia Monchengladbach (1)

Eintracht Frankfurt (1)

Hamburg (1)

Russian Teams (Winners):

none

Russian Teams (Runners Up):

none

So you can see how much more successful German teams have been in the Champions league in the past. And how unsuccessful Russian teams were in the competition in the past. Although most of the wins and running ups were Bayern, Bayern is still a German team, and even without them German teams would have more. Now some UEFA Cup statistics:

German Teams (Winners):

Borussia Monchengladbach (2)

Bayern Munchen (1)

Bayer Leverkusen (1)

Eintracht Frankfurt (1)

FC Schalke (1)

Russian Teams (Winners):

Zenit (1)

CSKA Moskva (1)

So once again the Germans have proven to be more successful in international competition. But wait a minute, aren't the only teams who have won anything internationally for Russia those 2 teams I mentioned earlier?

Anyway I could see him hitting 89. And it's good that we're discussing not arguing. :P

If Ibisevic was a professional wrestler, maybe his theme song would be 'Never Gonna Stop Me' (Edge's old theme, by Rob Zombie) :D .

What a season he's having! A striker who can create opportunities as well as score regularly - now that is quite something else. B)

Just a shame I couldn't get him in the setup, sorry, gameworld I'm in, 'coz Real Madrid pounced :mad: (although I did get a consolation prize - Helmes).

Fernando Meira

Timo Hildebrand

Vincent Kompany

Owen Hargreaves

Roy Makaay

Lincoln

Andres D'Alessandro

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Gilberto

Ebi Smolarek

Johan Micoud

Khalid Boulahrouz

Marcelinho

Tomas Rosicky

Jan Koller

just to name a few more

And Hleb who I believe played for stuttgart.

When was the last time a German team won the cl or Uefa cup?2001:rolleyes: ?

Meanwhile the Russian league has come a long way and is way more competitive now.

And anybody who has watched Zenit in this season's cl would know that if they had even a bit of luck they would have beaten the Spanish Champions and the 3rd place teams from italy.

Guest Abdel Zizi

If Ibisevic was a professional wrestler' date=' maybe his theme song would be 'Never Gonna Stop Me' (Edge's old theme, by Rob Zombie) :D .

What a season he's having! A striker who can create opportunities as well as score regularly - now that is quite something else. B)

Just a shame I couldn't get him in the setup, sorry, gameworld I'm in, 'coz Real Madrid pounced :mad: (although I did get a consolation prize - Helmes).[/quote']

Or Batista's: I walk alone, judging by some comments here

Wait a minute... here I am saying that he'll get 88/89 then 90, and not a 91 by the end of the season. Everyone argues, blah de blah. Then MightyShrimper posts pretty much the same thing, without mentioning about 91, and everyone agrees with him?

All I've been saying is that he needs, in SM terms, mroe than one season to get 91+. He's playing brilliantly, no doubt. he definitely deserves 88/89. Then if he keeps up his form 90. But all I have been saying is that SM won't give him a 91 based on 1 brilliant season.

Dzagoev got a call-up to a better national team' date=' playing regularly for a better team than Ibisevic, and performing brilliantly. He got 87. Ibisevic's scoring deserves him an 88. Carioca's not been predicted an 87 by many people, if any. He'll probably hit 86.

Ibisevic may be in great form, but he probably won't go higher than 88 for 20-25 odd matches (which it will be around when Germany is reviewed since the last changes). Then after that, he'll be looking at an 89/90, IF he continues to score. From then on, to get 91 he'll have to carry his scoring form into NEXT season as well.

No offense LKK, but the standard in Germany isn't close to that of England/Spain/Italy, and there are players there that are doing so much better in a better league (Defoe, Vucinic, Pato, Lavezzi, Denis, Higuain, Llorente, etc) and are only 90/91. Ibisevic will have to be in top form for AT LEAST until this time next season to get 91.

Don't get me wrong, aged just 24, and a rise to 88 from 85 is definitely worth the buy, and the chance to increase afterwards, just don't over-rate him.

Wait a minute... here I am saying that he'll get 88/89 then 90' date=' and not a 91 by the end of the season. Everyone argues, blah de blah. Then MightyShrimper posts pretty much the same thing, without mentioning about 91, and everyone agrees with him?

All I've been saying is that he needs, in SM terms, mroe than one season to get 91+. He's playing brilliantly, no doubt. he definitely deserves 88/89. Then if he keeps up his form 90. But all I have been saying is that SM won't give him a 91 based on 1 brilliant season.[/quote']

88 or 89? There's pretty a big difference in my opinion...

And Hleb who I believe played for stuttgart.

When was the last time a German team won the cl or Uefa cup?2001:rolleyes: ?

Meanwhile the Russian league has come a long way and is way more competitive now.

And anybody who has watched Zenit in this season's cl would know that if they had even a bit of luck they would have beaten the Spanish Champions and the 3rd place teams from italy.

Ya he did. In 2005 he started every game and got 2 goals and 14 assists. Pretty impressive. But if Iisevic keeps up his current form by the end of the season he'll have like 36 goals and 14 assists. Much more impressive right?

Anyway' date=' ya maybe German teams haven't won the UEFA Cup or Champions league recently. But I listed statistics on a previous post about ho many times German teams have won and come runner up. Russian teams have never won the Champions league and have only won the UEFA Cup twice. German teams have won the Champions league 6 times and the UEFA Cup 6 times. And if the Russian league was as good as the Bundesliga how come in UEFA Rankings the Bundesliga is 4th and the Russian league is 6th?

I agree that the Russian league has improved a lot and is getting a lot more competitive. And all of the money they put into the clubs really helps. They're the Manchester City of leagues.

And to bad luck is a superstition.

Wait a minute... here I am saying that he'll get 88/89 then 90, and not a 91 by the end of the season. Everyone argues, blah de blah. Then MightyShrimper posts pretty much the same thing, without mentioning about 91, and everyone agrees with him?

All I've been saying is that he needs, in SM terms, mroe than one season to get 91+. He's playing brilliantly, no doubt. he definitely deserves 88/89. Then if he keeps up his form 90. But all I have been saying is that SM won't give him a 91 based on 1 brilliant season.

That's what we're arguing about. All of this talk about him needing more then one season, he has had more then one season. This is just his first amazing one! Anyway we do believe he can possibly reach 91 and that's why we're arguing. And when did you say he'd reach 89, I've only heard you say 88.

I know i might get a bit of stick for this but i see why Ibisevic cant get 89/90.

He has scored 17 goals in 16 games and has led Hoffeheim to top of the league. Now that is much more than players like Bobo and even 91 rated Fred has been doing lately. He also plays internationaly unlike the other two.

To be honest if someone like Rooney who is rated 96 can only score 12 goals and season for Man U and England. So why cant Ibisevic get at least an 89/90 rating. Ok Rooney is not a goalscorer but 17 goals in 16 games and even scoring against the top teams like Bayern Munich is incredible.

He has also been linked with Man U and Chelsea. 89/90 dont seem like a longshot to me.

I know i might get a bit of stick for this but i see why Ibisevic cant get 89/90.

He has scored 17 goals in 16 games and has led Hoffeheim to top of the league. Now that is much more than players like Bobo and even 91 rated Fred has been doing lately. He also plays internationaly unlike the other two.

To be honest if someone like Rooney who is rated 96 can only score 12 goals and season for Man U and England. So why cant Ibisevic get at least an 89/90 rating. Ok Rooney is not a goalscorer but 17 goals in 16 games and even scoring against the top teams like Bayern Munich is incredible.

He has also been linked with Man U and Chelsea. 89/90 dont seem like a longshot to me.

I agree. Actually he has scored 18 goals in 16 games, not to mention his 7 assists which is one of the best assisting records in the Bundesliga. I personally don't believe he'll reach 90, but I could see him hitting 89.

Before anyone has a shot at me' date=' I'm not arguing against Ibisevic...

You've compared him to Rooney, a stupid thing to do. Rooney is an [b']F[/b], goalscoring is a part of his game, but not the biggest part. He is there to get involved in the play, create space, etc, etc. He is an England regular, a regular for the English and European champions. He plays, amazing. And most importantly he plays in a much better league.

Again, not having a go at Ibisevic, defending the comparison to Rooney...

And where has he been linked to Man United and Chelsea. :confused: Find me a link and I might believe you...