Fulham's awesome defence

fadedwolfz

I was looking at the EPL table when i noticed that Fulham's defence is the third best in the league, having conceded only 12 goals so far.

Chelsea has conceded 7, Man Utd 10, Liverpool 12, Aston Villa 22 and Arsenal 23 :eek:

I haven't watched them play, so i suppose their backline has to be one of the best in the EPL so far this season.

SCHWARZER, Mark - rated 89

KONCHESKY, Paul - rated 87

PANTSIL, John - rated 85

HANGELAND, Brede - rated 87

HUGHES, Aaron - rated 86

everyone of them have played all 17 games this season except konchesky wth 16.

i suppose all of them deserve rises for their consistent performances this season?

This is what i feel.

SCHWARZER, Mark - 90

KONCHESKY, Paul - 89

PANTSIL, John - 87

HANGELAND, Brede - 89

HUGHES, Aaron - 88

opinions?

and arsenal's defence is really horrible :eek:

cheers

Re: Fulham's awesome defence

have seen a lot of Fulham this season and Haangeland and Pantsil have been there most impressive defenders. Haangeland has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Liverpool, whereas pantsil;s solid and good going forward adding pace to Fulhams backline both IMO deserve rises Haangeland to 88/89 Pantsil to 87

i think is fair to say that fulham just "parking" with 11 men around thier box or thier own half and hence the result was 2-2 drew' date=' sometime it can happen in real life football[/quote']

If they did that the score would be 0-0. Clearly they went forward as they even scored the first goal of the game, and then again in the last. I didn't see the game but I imagine that they got the go-ahead goal, then parked in their own box until Chelsea scored two goals, and then finally went back on attack to to tie it up.

i think is fair to say that fulham just "parking" with 11 men around thier box or thier own half and hence the result was 2-2 drew' date=' sometime it can happen in real life football[/quote']

you clearly didn't watch the match.

Fulham was playing two man up front and hit on the counter attack the moment they got the ball. They defended well, harassed chelsea the entire game and tried to play good football.

it was definitely a result they deserved imo.

you clearly didn't watch the match.

Fulham was playing two man up front and hit on the counter attack the moment they got the ball. They defended well' date=' harassed chelsea the entire game and tried to play good football.

it was definitely a result they deserved imo.[/quote']

Chelsea were punished from freekicks and set plays tbh Fulham looked a little impotent going forward although they did harass Chelsea and did have to work to grab those free kick positions.

As for whether they deserved the result hmph.....they deserved it as an underdog, never say die approach however on the balance of play the game should have been Chelsea's. The only had 3 shots on target lol :)

Good, nice to see Fulham getting some deserved attention at last.

I think Hangeland and Schwarzer are the better performers of the defense. Hangeland in particular has done well even since last season. Bullard has been amazing, deserves more than an 87, probably 89 would be a better evaluation. And Fulham have the 3rd best home record, I think (6W3D1L). Only 1 loss at home, I'm pretty sure only Man Utd and Liverpool bettered that.

I have to say...I agree...

This is not just based on stats but because I've seen them play. A well organised defence lead by Hangeland who is immense IMO. Very underrated and often overlooked. He was great last season too. Any aerial ball and you can count on him to deal with it. Nice to see this thread, i think their players are finally getting some deserved attention:rolleyes:

Hangeland FTW! :D:rolleyes: