Best hangover cure?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Re: What's your best hangover cure?

No harm done mate the other one is ancient, you even see teb advertising booze to a ten year old :eek::P

Since going from my second year at Uni to my full time placement i havene had the chance to go out as much as i did, if at all really, i was used to 3 times a week so my tolerance for booze was high, infact apart from being a little sleepy and taking a mahoosive dump i was fine. :o

But i went out on saturday with a few of my work mates and drank nearly as much as i did at Uni, and OMG the next day , i couldnt of felt much worse. First time iv EVER had a headache from booze ( how do people still drink if that happens to em every time :eek: ) & and a really acidic stomach, was horrible, my usua;l hangover cures include food but i felt as though if i had some id puke ! so i didnt eat till 6, although it was a greasy meat feat pizza which did go down well and kinda sort me out B)

Usually though, after a big friday night out at uni, me n my mates would head down to Harvester. Stack up on the salad bar, get chicken wing starters in and a combo ! cant beat it ! as much meat as you want, best cure lol.

im only 16 but what can we do. we all start at a young age.

started drinking a couple of months ago but was never wrecked until saturday

went to my mate's party and thankfully i stayed over or else i would have been dead if i had gotten home in that state.

had about 4 cans of beer half bottle of wine and about 1/4 of vodka.

had a bad hangover the next day and stayed in bed up to about one

we tried eating everything from the fridge but still didnt work

nex time there is no chance im doin over half of that

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Well lads' date=' i'm surprised that no-one has made this thread before.

Whats your best hangover cure?

I'll get the ball rolling.

A hot chicken roll with loads of Tomato ketchup, and a nice cold bottle of lucozade. Works a treat!

Yours?[/quote']

If that's your hangover cure Killaroo, all I can say is that you ain't NEVER been drunk :D

As a seasoned campaigner for many many years, and I have drank with the Irish (and boy they can drink ) a bit like us Scots ha ha, I have never known anybody eat after a night on the booze.

So I guess it's what you define as drinking. I go out on a Friday night and usually have three pitchers of ale (about 12 pints) and that is scattered with either Brandy or Tequilla shots. When I wake up in the morning, don't bring me food!!!:eek: Another shot of Tequilla or Brandy and your hangover is gone....well it may not be gone totally but after a few more shots you don't really give a hoot about it. Slange :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

im only 16 but what can we do. we all start at a young age.

started drinking a couple of months ago but was never wrecked until saturday

went to my mate's party and thankfully i stayed over or else i would have been dead if i had gotten home in that state.

had about 4 cans of beer half bottle of wine and about 1/4 of vodka.

had a bad hangover the next day and stayed in bed up to about one

we tried eating everything from the fridge but still didnt work

nex time there is no chance im doin over half of that

Not that I advocate under age drinking, I never started till I was around hmm, six lmao,:D but just a word to the wise, don't mix your drinks, that's the quickest way to screw you up. If you start on a spirit stick with it or it's near neighbour...for instance, drinking whisky and Brandy is ok but drink a few whiskies and then change to vodka and it will do you in big time.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Just plenty of water and food in the morning' date=' none of the unhealthy stuff:).[/quote']

Actually, it's best to drink water before going to bed, not many can when tanked up but hangover is basically dehydration, so drinking water before going to sleep after a night on the booze does help big time, but as I say, the catch is that not many people can or want to drink water when sloshed.:D

fresh air, usually walking to a greasy spoon, force down some bacon and eggs with lots of dried toast and sweet tea (extra sugar) and then to a local shop for some flamin hot monster munch (4-5 packs) and 4 pints of full fat milk. usually works for me and im always suffering from hangovers on weekends,

I have been drunk quite a bit in my time. :D

Where in my younger days the cure for a hangover would be to start drinking again, I now have responsibilities and cant do that. So, a full fry does the trick now. Also, drinking plenty of water BEFORE a heavy session will help no end. That and not mixing drinks.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

fresh air' date=' usually walking to a greasy spoon, force down some bacon and eggs with lots of dried toast and sweet tea (extra sugar) and then to a local shop for some flamin hot monster munch (4-5 packs) and 4 pints of full fat milk. usually works for me and im always suffering from hangovers on weekends,[/quote']

Also a good way to become clinically obese. :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I disagree with Dave' date=' i love a big Ulster Fry (Soda Farl, Potato Bread, bacon, sausages, eggs, steak, white and black pudding, a pancake oh and a cup of coffee) on a Sunday morning after a good drinking session. Always works well. That or more drink[/quote']

With all due respect Allan lol, it depends on what you call a drink? If I go out and have say around 8/9 pints and no spirits, I can eat the next day because that wouldn't give me a hangover.

A typical Friday for me is home by 2/3 o'oclock, have a few large whiskies or Brandies. My wife comes home at 6.30 from the hospital and drives me to the bar where I proceed to drink around three pitchers of good strong ale, mixed generously with shots of Tequilla or Brandy. I get home around 11 pm and have a couple more large shots of whatever I fancy.

I can't remember the last time I had a hangover though :P. As I said, I usually drink a lot of water before hitting the hay and that seems to do the trick. When I have woke up feeling yucky, a large whisky usually cures all...hair of the dog as we alki's say B)

3 Weetabix in a bowl' date=' but instead of having it with milk, substitute the milk for Irn Bru. I won't lie, it tastes BAD, but it works for me.:)[/quote']

was you still under the influence of alcohol when you tried it by any chance???

:P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

3 Weetabix in a bowl' date=' but instead of having it with milk, substitute the milk for Irn Bru. I won't lie, it tastes BAD, but it works for me.:)[/quote']

Only an Edinbra' man could come up with that remedy :D. At least we Glesga Keelies remain loyal to the demon drink....by having a wee hair of the dog (dug) :P first thing the morning after.;)

With all due respect Allan lol' date=' it depends on what you call a drink? If I go out and have say around 8/9 pints and no spirits, I can eat the next day because that wouldn't give me a hangover.

A typical Friday for me is home by 2/3 o'oclock, have a few large whiskies or Brandies. My wife comes home at 6.30 from the hospital and drives me to the bar where I proceed to drink around three pitchers of good strong ale, mixed generously with shots of Tequilla or Brandy. I get home around 11 pm and have a couple more large shots of whatever I fancy.

I can't remember the last time I had a hangover though :P. As I said, I usually drink a lot of water before hitting the hay and that seems to do the trick. When I have woke up feeling yucky, a large whisky usually cures all...hair of the dog as we alki's say B)[/quote']

It really is different courses for different horses, i know loads of people who can't stand the sight of any food after a hangover, and i also know loads who try to eat as much junk after a terrible hangover, and it works for both.

Many people have different theories. I remember i was listening to the radio where this topic was on and one lad rang in with his theory. What ''worked'' for him was a bowl of Corn Flakes, covered in loads of sugar, and instead of milk in with it - he put in lucozade :eek:

Is that a bowl of diabetes or what?