Best hangover cure?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: What's your best hangover cure?

It really is different courses for different horses' date=' i know loads of people who can't stand the sight of any food after a hangover, and i also know loads who try to eat as much junk after a terrible hangover, and it works for both.

Many people have different theories. I remember i was listening to the radio where this topic was on and one lad rang in with his theory. What ''worked'' for him was a bowl of Corn Flakes, covered in loads of sugar, and instead of milk in with it - he put in lucozade :eek:

Is that a bowl of diabetes or what?[/quote']

I would rather put my trembling hand into the dustbin and squeeze the dregs out of the empty bottle than ever try to put that in my mouth ugh:eek::confused:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Best hangover cure?

to be honest, a high dosage of banter from my hung over friends and football sort me out, but i stand by the Harvester ! its awesome B)

ohhhhh and i forgot to mention PLENTY of Ribenas. perfect.

And dave you sound like you know how to have a good friday night, i have on many occassions polished off the same or more amount of pints with other liquors, but in that short space off time *my hat goes off*

Re: What's your best hangover cure?

Only an Edinbra' man could come up with that remedy :D. At least we Glesga Keelies remain loyal to the demon drink....by having a wee hair of the dog (dug) :P first thing the morning after.;)

Yeah, us Edinburgh folk are sick. Another favourite beveridge of mine is chippy sauce. Not a very good hangover cure mind.:P

Best hangover cure: a good round of golf. There's nothing like a bit of fresh air in your lungs.

Worst hangover cure: getting kicked out of your hostel at 10AM and hanging around the pubs and coffee shops of Amsterdam for 12 hours until your flight leaves home, after an extremely blurry night on the lash. Time goes very slowly...

Worst hangover cure: getting kicked out of your hostel at 10AM and hanging around the pubs and coffee shops of Amsterdam for 12 hours until your flight leaves home' date=' after an extremely blurry night on the lash. Time goes very slowly...[/quote']

somehow i get the feeling that you are leaving a lot out

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Worst hangover cure: getting kicked out of your hostel at 10AM and hanging around the pubs and coffee shops of Amsterdam for 12 hours until your flight leaves home, after an extremely blurry night on the lash. Time goes very slowly...

Hanging around the pubs for 12 hours??:confused:, sheer bliss man :D, that'll cure any hangover for sure.

And we know it's not just coffee your sniffing out in these coffee bars my lad :D

somehow i get the feeling that you are leaving a lot out

Of course. What happened in Amsterdam' date=' [i']stays in Amsterdam[/i]!

Hanging around the pubs for 12 hours??:confused:' date=' sheer bliss man :D, that'll cure any hangover for sure.

And we know it's not just coffee your sniffing out in these coffee bars my lad :D[/quote']

Not the state my body was in! Everything I had that day was pure and clean, and it didn't help one bit. I really should have just got back on it (hair of the dog, eh?), but that's why hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Of course. What happened in Amsterdam' date=' [i']stays in Amsterdam[/i]!

Not the state my body was in! Everything I had that day was pure and clean, and it didn't help one bit. I really should have just got back on it (hair of the dog, eh?), but that's why hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

You probably did the right thing Andy, for if it was me, I wouldn't have made that flight and would probably still be in Amsterdam to this day on a perpetual cycle of drunken oblivion :D

You probably did the right thing Andy' date=' for if it was me, I wouldn't have made that flight and would probably still be in Amsterdam to this day on a perpetual cycle of drunken oblivion :D[/quote']

Now that would be pure bliss, although, you may end up in a similar state that Nicolas Cage does in the film, "Leaving Las Vegas". If you have seen it, you will know what I mean and will probably agree with me that it's not really the best way to go.

P.S. Excellent vocabulary. Loving the usage of "perpetual" and "oblivion"! :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Now that would be pure bliss' date=' although, you may end up in a similar state that Nicolas Cage does in the film, "Leaving Las Vegas". If you have seen it, you will know what I mean and will probably agree with me that it's not really the best way to go.[/quote']

Ain't seen the movie but when I went to Vegas, I was chaperoned by a wife :mad:, a daughter :mad: and a mother in law :mad::mad::mad:, cheez, that was not funny, give me Amsterdam and the perpetual cycle with my buddies anytime lol:p

Ain't seen the movie but when I went to Vegas' date=' I was chaperoned by a wife :mad:, a daughter :mad: and a mother in law :mad::mad::mad:, cheez, that was not funny, give me Amsterdam and the perpetual cycle with my buddies anytime lol:p[/quote']

Unlucky! When I (eventually) go to Las Vegas, I'm going to make sure that there are no females accompanying me whatsoever!

As for the film, I really would recommend you watch it, as it is a fantastic movie. However, be prepared, because it might put you off drinking for the rest of your life!