Wc 4439

Sir Fred

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Wc 4439

riverplate.gif

Larsson Arrives In Time for Deportivo Match

Swedish striker Henrik Larsson has arrived in Argentina today signing a deal that will see him at the Monumental for 3 years. The 37-year old, who had a succesful stint with Manchester United 3 years ago which helped lead them the title, has announced he will bring that form to River.

411px-Henrik_larsson_snorsjoabalen_2007_1.jpg

Larsson hopes he can re-ignite his form from 3 years ago

"Of course i will play like i did at Manchester. I want to help these boys to the top and hopefully at the end of my 3 year-contract we will be in the big time."

Read is also excited about the move and hasnt ruled out bringing in another forward, with rumours floating around it could be a homegrown talent.

"I am looking to bring another forward, and i will look into the departure of my two forwards in the youth squad. Rios, Elyounoussi, Larsson, (unnamed), Sand and Falcao will all be competing for the starting spot. I am also looking into some midfielders to add some depth in that department," stated the River Plate manager.

Read is hoping the trio arrive before the match tonight but isnt getting his hopes up.

riverplate.gif

Veterans Arrive for $3.7m

After announcing the arrival of Henrik Larsson, Australian manager Mitchell Read has announced 2 more players to his squad in hope of adding experience to the team, who have an average age of 24.

Read has named the 2 players as Argentine Diego Klimowcz and Tomas Galasek. The pair arrived for a combined fee of 3.7mill from their respective clubs. Diego has signed on for 3 years while Galasek agreed to 4.

spieler_klimowicz.jpg222077.jpg

Read hopes Diego and Tomas can add some experience to his young squad

riverplate.gif

River Run Riot In Superclassico

River Plate have shocked the footballing world after demolishing Boca Juniors 6-1 in the "Superclassico" derby last night. Jose Sand was clearly Man of the Match after scoring a hat-trick and setting up the other 3. Zoran Tosic and Kofi Danning also got into the scoring action.

Sand scored first in the 6th minute of play brutally smashing the ball into the top of the net after breaking away from the defence. 5 minutes later he struck again, this time however it was from 30-yards out. The Argentine cooly curled it past Caranta securing his 4th goal of the season.

River then went on an even more dominating run of play starting with Zoran Tosic latching on to a Jose Sand through ball, easily tapping it past the keeper, making it 3-0 to River Plate. 1 minute later Australian prodigy Kofi Danning followed up a Sand shot, which Caranta couldnt hold onto.

340x.jpg

Tosic scores his 1st in River Plate colours

3 minutes later Jose Sand completed the hat-trick with a stunning header. The cross came from Tosic, who broke away on the right side and finished with a pin-point accurate cross right to the head of Sand. Boca were well an truly out of the competition now.

610x.jpg

Sand celebrates the hat-trick

Kofi Danning then got the second-half moving finishing off River's six goals, poking one past Caranta after a mix-up in the box. The Australian became the youngest player to score in the league at the age of 17. Rodrigo Palacio provided some relief for Boca after breaking away and tapping it past Friedel.

I think that sent a warning signal throughout the league, WE ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT. If I was Club America I would have sent a forfeit notice to the league for out match. We WILL win.

TRANSFER NEWS: River Plate have completed the signing of South American youngster Fabio da Silva for a fee of 1.5mill. The Argentines faced tough competition from CSKVA Moskva but out bidded the Russians securing the 18-year olds signature.

America beat hapless Spurs

America beat Tottenham on penno's.The first half was goaless with Spurscancelling out Americas attack an creating a few chances of their own.

Then Giovani managed to break through Americas leaky defence ans score a goal witch gave Spurs hope of progressing.It wasn't to be as in the 88th minute Gonzalez manged to score an amazing volley which flew past the keeper.

Then the drama of the Penalty Shoot-out came and America won 3-1 with Navarette impressing during the shoot-out

Transfer News

Rumours are thatAmeria look to bring in a new face as they have sold off a few players

riverplate.gif

America Fight Hard But River Come Out Victorious

River Plate have pulled off a shock victory over division 4 rivals Club America which saw the Argentines jump to 4th on the table, within 4 points of top spot. America almost denied them that though, equalising twice before Villagra sealed the deal.

Matias Augusto Fernandez struck first, finishing off a beautiful passing play with a bottom corner finish. Kranjcar tried to win a penelty for the Mexicans, diving in the box. But he didnt fool referee Terje Hauge, who gave the Croatian a yellow card for his theatrics. America didnt need a penelty to equalise though, with Salvador Cabanas streaking through the defence, beating the offside trap providing him with an easy finish.

24.jpg

Fernandez strikes first in-front of 37,000 fans

Zoran Tosic had an easy chance to score his 2nd goal with an open goal shot somehow flying high. Falcao provided a moment of magic in the 29th, turning his defender, cooly curling it in from 25 yards hitting the lead for River again. Kranjcar then claimed what seemed to be an own-goal after his shot deflected off defender Matias Silvestre.

Kranjcar's shot before it smahses into Silvestre, equalising for America again

Barry Ferguson ended the half with a yellow card after knocking Zoran Tosic in a 50/50 challenge. Tosic didnt seemed rattled by it though, firing from 15 yards after the break, just missing the post. Christia Villagra was bang on target though after breaking away from his marker, slipping one under Navarentte in the 54th.

cl_co1rp2.jpg

River Players celebrate what would be the desicive goal

chelsea_clubamerica7.jpg

One America fan tries to hide from the loss

River would then go onto to win the match by the 3-2 scoreline, much to the delight of manager Mitchell Read.

Well, I dont know if it was as one-sided as I was hoping it was going to be, but the boys sure did put on a show for the fans. I would like to congradulate them on not giving up, they must have been frustrated that America kept on coming back but they continued and came out trumps. I just hope it isnt as tense next week against PAOK

brand.gif

Sand Hat-Trick Continues River's Run of Form

A Jose Sand hat-trick proved the difference last night as River Plate continue their 4-match unbeaten run. The Argentine forward was a serial nuisence for PAOK as he finished the game with 8 goals for the season so far. The hat-trick was Jose Sand's second of the season as well.

Sand got the ball rolling in the 16th minute, breaking past a flat-footed defender before beautifuly finishing from just outside the box. PAOK should of equalised in the 30th with Muslimovic firing wide for inside the box. Konstantindis didnt miss his chance, collecting a failed clearance, easily scoring past Brad Friedel.

610x.jpg

Sand strikes again as he opens River's account

Sand would striker again after half-time after he climbed over the defence to head home a Zoran Tosic cross. The young Serbian broke away on the right before getting a pin-point accurate cross to the head of Sand. PAOK should of won it after a 12-minute period saw three players miss easy chances. Jose Sand made them pay again in the 89th minute, thumping home a low drive giving the keeper no-hope of saving it.

abreu_catolica.jpg

Sand thumps home in the 89th

It was a good win, but not a great result. We gave the opposition too many chances, but I guess thats what happens when you play a 3-man defence. But im happy we kept our spot in the top 4.

River Plate will face Anderlecht on the 4th of February at the Monumental.

riverplate.gif

America Fight Hard But River Come Out Victorious

River Plate have pulled off a shock victory over division 4 rivals Club America which saw the Argentines jump to 4th on the table' date=' within 4 points of top spot. America almost denied them that though, equalising twice before Villagra sealed the deal.[/color']

Matias Augusto Fernandez struck first, finishing off a beautiful passing play with a bottom corner finish. Kranjcar tried to win a penelty for the Mexicans, diving in the box. But he didnt fool referee Terje Hauge, who gave the Croatian a yellow card for his theatrics. America didnt need a penelty to equalise though, with Salvador Cabanas streaking through the defence, beating the offside trap providing him with an easy finish.

24.jpg

Fernandez strikes first in-front of 37,000 fans

Zoran Tosic had an easy chance to score his 2nd goal with an open goal shot somehow flying high. Falcao provided a moment of magic in the 29th, turning his defender, cooly curling it in from 25 yards hitting the lead for River again. Kranjcar then claimed what seemed to be an own-goal after his shot deflected off defender Matias Silvestre.

Kranjcar's shot before it smahses into Silvestre, equalising for America again

Barry Ferguson ended the half with a yellow card after knocking Zoran Tosic in a 50/50 challenge. Tosic didnt seemed rattled by it though, firing from 15 yards after the break, just missing the post. Christia Villagra was bang on target though after breaking away from his marker, slipping one under Navarentte in the 54th.

cl_co1rp2.jpg

River Players celebrate what would be the desicive goal

chelsea_clubamerica7.jpg

One America fan tries to hide from the loss

River would then go onto to win the match by the 3-2 scoreline, much to the delight of manager Mitchell Read.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO

America avenge fans after River loss

America were back to thir best last night with a convincing 5-2 win over Standard Leige.Defoe found the net after 13 minutes of Americas fans ripping into the Standard Leige players and thir nerves gave in as Defoe took advantege to make it 1-0.They soon setteled down and even made it 1-1 with Dalmat scoring a great goal with took a little deflection on the way in.The scoreline was never going to stay the same and then Ledemesa hit a screamer from about 35 yards.Then Defoe got his second with a rare header to make it 3-1.Less then 2 minutes later Onyewu managed to break the defence with an amazing bit of skill and scored to give Leige hope.This hope was crushed when a Kranjcar double made a comeback near enough impossible

282_1196049577.gif

River Announce Arrival of Kroos

Argentina side River Plate have happily announced the arrival of Toni Kroos who will join the 4th division side on loan for the remainder of the year. The team were struggling to find a back-up for Buononotte before Bayern answered thier call. The 19-year old will earn $16,200 per week for his services to the club.

29738_1231931722.jpg

Kroos will join the high-flying Argentines

riverplate.gif

River Prepare to Hi-Jack Witsel Bid

River Plate have announced they are planning to hi-jack Club America's bid for Witsel, preparing a $16million bid for the Belgian winger. The Club's Board of Director's have allowed Read to offer for the midfielder's services with the Australian preparing to meet with him in the early hours of the morning. More to follow....

America fans threaten to egg Reads house

Following Mitchell Reads attempt to hi-jack Americas bid for Axel Witsel Americas fans have given him this response.Do it and we will egg your house and make your life hell.Police are going to moniter Reads house if the deal goes to River Plate

riverplate.gif

America Fall For River's Games

Club America have seemingly fallen for River Plate's claims that the Argentines were preparing a $16million bid for Axel Witsel after the Mexican's announced they were offering an $11 million bid. The statement from Read seemed to worry America, who upped their bid to $16.7mill after Read told Ryan Clarke he would bid in the early hours of the morning when everyon else was sleeping.

Oh, I can't believe the wasted 5.7million. Although Clarkey tried to act calm about the situation, i could tell they were shaking in their boots. Even my players were laughing at it when i told them. Oh, and as for the "we will egg your house" threats, I laugh at that as well. I didnt even think America fans could find their way to their home ground let alone my house.

America fans arent going to like what the Australian manager has said and will look to get revenge the next time the 2 teams meet, but Read has laughed off any claims of a victory from the Mexicans.

After their last performance against us, I think the only thing they should be hoping for is a draw at most. They'll have to make some serious changes and Witsel wont make a big difference

more out of Argentina to follow.....

riverplate.gif

River Manager Gets Noticed

River Plate manager Mitchell Read is starting to earn some reputation throughout the league after receiving a Job Offer from the Hamburger SV chairman. The Australian received the offer in the mid-afternoon period, with the club announcing he will have $14.6 million to spend. But had to turn down the offer, stating he has too much to do at the club.

It was nice they they considered me to be the right guy to take them to the top, but im already at a club who think i can do that. It would be heartbreaking for not just the fans, but myself as well. I have already poured everything ive got into the club but I know that I can do so much more.

The River Plate board of directors and fans alike were happy about Read's decision.

America don't care about wasted money

America have laughed off Reads claims that River buckled under the pressuare and Ryan said it was mere attempt to assure Read didn't take the transfer target.

Read also critisiced the Ameeric fans sense of Direction and said that Read didn't have a house to egg as he slept over his players house.

Ryan belives that river will crack under the pressure eventualyy and fall down the table.

riverplate.gif

River Make America Eat Their Words As Sand Stars Again

A Jose Sand hat-trick helped River Plate to another win, catapaulting them to

equal second after Napoli was held against Santos. America manager Ryan Clarke will be wishing he didnt make a statement about River cracking under-pressure, as the Mexicans were the ones who stumbled against Dynamo Moskva, going down 2-0.

Sand struck first in the 13th minute as the Argentine sued immense skill to break away through the defense, setting himself up with an easy chance against the keeper. And of course he didnt miss. Michael Bradley should of scored in the 27th after rounding 2 defenders before stuffing his shot up inside the 18-yard box.

However the 37,000 strong crowd would be celebrating a goal 4 minutes later as debutant Toni Kroos latched on to a backward pass by Jeremy Rothen, finishing cleverly from just outside the area.

f006dh01.jpg

Falcao, Ferrari and Augusto prepare to swamp the German youngster after his goal

Anderlecht's Jelle van Damme received a yellow card in the 34th, followed by Radamel Falcao in the 39th. But fellow striker Jose Sand got his name into the ref's book 5 minutes later for all the right reasons, with the 28-year old claiming a deflected shot that wrong-footed Zitka, upping Rivers lead to 3.

The second-hlf was a quiet affair, that was before Sand broke away again, this time rounding the keeper and finishing brilliantly in the 78th minute. River could of had an 8-0 victory, but failed to finish in the final 10 minutes.

610x.jpg

Players celebrate in-front of the away fans, adding salt into the wounds

What more can I say. This is almost the perfect day. We shut America up, we propably made half the league need new underwear, including our next opponent Steau Bucharest, and we are now equal second and have the best Goal Difference in the division. Oh and i forgot to mention we have the most in-form striker, in probably the whole league. He's now got something like 11 goals in 9 matches.

Read also went on about the situation with America and Ryan Clarke:

Jokers, absolute jokers. They think they can say things like "Oh, Read doesnt have a home" and "They will crack under-pressure" when they cant even win, let alone score, against Dynamo. I think Clarke should concentrate more on his team rather then what sort of comeback he will make to the press.

America give Ryan 3 games to find 4 points

Americas board have given Ryan Clarke 3 games to find 4 points or else he will be sacked.They are unhappy about being in a low position despite the money Ryan has spent on varios players inlueding recebt signing Witsel who America's board belive they were tricked into paying to much.

America hope to find savior in Kovac.

America's manager Ryan Clarke had made one of what could be his last bids as America manager with a bid for Niko Kovac.

Ryan has voiced his concerns about his teams performances and hopes that when he is made captain he will lift the team.

Ryan has asked Read to leave this transfer target to america as he feels that River are not good enough to gain an advantage on the field so they try to torment people off it instead.

Read "Gobsmacked" At Clarke's Comments

Read has stated he is "gobsmacked" at claims that his side arent good enough to get an advantage, so they try to torment their opponents. The Australian manager has also announced he will bid for America's target, this time announcing it is no joke. Read is hoping to use Kovac as a replacement for injured midfield main-man Leonardo Ponzio, who is out for another 4 weeks with ligament damage.

But with Read chasing Hulk and Kovac, some must wonder if the Argentines have the cash to follow up on both deals.

I can assure you that we arent joking about us been in talks with Kovac. He has told us that, although he would love to join his brother at America, he wants to end his career on a high. As well as going after Niko, we are also enquiring about Hulk of Porto. We believe he will be a good aqquisition to the squad, and been at a relitavely young age he will fit into our future plans.

Read on Ryan Clarke's claims of bullying from River.

All I have to say is, if you cant handle the fire, get out of the kitchen. This isnt u/6 football, and if they cant handle the competition, well then I think it can explain why the board think their in such a "bad" position

[[/color][/font][/font]

Read "Gobsmacked" At Clarke's Comments

Read has stated he is "gobsmacked" at claims that his side arent good enough to get an advantage' date=' so they try to torment their opponents. The Australian manager has also announced he will bid for America's target, this time announcing it is no joke. Read is hoping to use Kovac as a replacement for injured midfield main-man Leonardo Ponzio, who is out for another 4 weeks with ligament damage.[/color']

But with Read chasing Hulk and Kovac, some must wonder if the Argentines have the cash to follow up on both deals.

Read on Ryan Clarke's claims of bullying from River.

River are copy-cats

America manager ryan Clarke has labelled River Plate as copy cats and has told them that one day they will have to think for themsleves instaed of copying Americas every move

"They are pathetic always copying us.RFead needs to think instaed of copying us"

Ryan can't help but laugh at Read

Ryan has today claimed Read makes him laugh.It comes after River bought Golden oldie Kovac.Read will scratch his head and wonder what he did wrong but Ryan has said he never wanted Kovac and has declared his intrest Chelseas Carlos Minieiro and has placed a loan bid to see how weel he does and if he impresses Ryan then Ryan will try to buy him on a perm deal.Ryan has also been backed up by other managers around the world about reads obbcessive copying of Americas targets and have told Read that he needs to think for himself.

River Plate have now bought a player who will play for a year and retire at a club where money is tight.Ryan had laughed at Read and said Watch America fly as he hopes to acheive his goal of 4 points from 3 matches.Ryan has said that the players are going to try harder and grab he vital points he needs.

Archived