Sign in to follow this  
Sir Fred

Wc 4439

Re: Wc 4439

Fiorentina-256x256.png

New man in charge at Fiorentina

Fiorentina have appointed Navin as their new manager only a few minutes ago. The objective of this first season is to get the team away from the relegation battle and to move as high up as possible. And considering the number of games left and the squad at his disposal, the manager believes this can be achieved. Few signings will have to be made nonetheless. More news to come later.

150px-River_Plate_logo.png

River Make It 3 On The Trot

River Plate have jumped to their 3rd straight win in division 4, keeping their dreams of promotion alive, with the Argentines sitting equal second with fellow South Americans Club America. But the table is tight as, with only 5 points seperating 1st from 11th.

Radamel scored early on for River, with their opponents Independiente allowing the Columbian an easy finish from just yards out. The goal was Falcao's 9th in all competitions. Diego Buonanotte found himself a yellow card in the 26th minute.

IMAGEN-3988042-2.jpg

Falcao is in red-hot form after firing home River's 1st goal

Less then 1 minute before half-time, Michael Bradley gave River a handy-advantage, with the opposition again allowing River to have a shot from yards out with Bradley thundering the ball into the net. Di Gregoeio gave the visitors a consellation goal in the 70th minute.

All of River Plates fans eyes turn to tomorrow's Cup Quarter Final, with the Argentines taking on Marseille. Marseille are going in favourites, but Read says his side will win, but only if they can shut-down Aimar.

We've had a tough cup run, but that just shows that if we can get this far then we deserve it the most. I think my side will have the best chance, but only if we can shut-down Pablo Aimar, the man is on fire and if we stop him, we will win.

Marseille start off with an advantage, with the Frenchmen playing at home.

pablo_aimar.jpg

The crucial piece in tomorrow's cup quarter final

Im going to do quick reports for this thread.

746_1215505679.jpg

Naples appoint Vlad

Today Napoli appointed Vlad as there new manager, I am happy to be at a great club'' said Vlad.

''I will be looking for Automatic promotion this season.

Im going to have a big rivalry with Sir Fred who is the manager of River Plate, We all know he is doing great for them.I just need to get abit used to this new league.'' said Vlad.

3598_1222176738.jpg26973_1222176941.jpg

Lavezzi and Guilherme (Above) will be leading Napolis success this season.They are both very good players and can poach alot of goals.

With seventeen games to go we got alot of time to enlarge the gap between Napoli (Me) and RiverPlate (Sir Fred)

River's Cup Dream Continues

River Plate's cup dream has continued over night, with Read's young guns downing Marseille 4-2 to progress to the semi-finals. It was the loanees that helped River progress, with Gelson Fernandes and Toni Kroos, with the pair scoring 2 each.

Fernandes got the Argentines off to the perfect start after the 22-year old Swiss broke through a hole in the defence before holding his nerve to fire away low under Mandanda.

610x.jpg

Team-mates swamp Fernandes after his first

Bakari Kone struck back, twice, 15 minutes later after receiving a pass from Zenden before firing home from 25 yards. The Ivorian struck less then a minute later, this time following a up on a Niang shot which was fumbled by Friedel.

River came out all guns blazing with debutant Arnautovic blasting his shot against the bar. Toni Kroos got his under the post in the 62nd, heading home Tarik Elyounoussi's corner and equalising for River. The young German gave the Argentines the lead 2 minutes later, slotting home comfortably after another lapse in concentration by the Marseille defence.

buenosaires1912c.jpg

Kroos is under-neath a pile of estatic River players

Fernandes put any hopes of a comeback in the trash after the centre-midfielder collected a nicely timed through ball to fire home into the right corner. River Plate will now face Palermo for a spot in the Cup final where the winner will face either Blackburn Rovers or Feyernood.

282_1196049577.gif

River Back With the Winners After 2 Losses

River Plate have returned to the winner's circle following 2 shock losses which saw the Argentines fall to Beskitas and AEK Athens. The result saw River jump to 5th behind America, Napoli, Besiktas and Galatasary, with only 3 points seperating 5th from 1st. The match also saw Sand keep his spot at the top of the goalden-boot list, who is now level with Lavezzi.

River were under the pump early, with Atheltic Bilbao firing away shot after shot at Friedel. But the American kept his cool, which forced the Bilbao keeper to funble a Nicholas Sanchez shot, which slowly rolled over the line to give River the lead in the 36th.

cl08_velz0river2.jpg

Buonanotte celebrates with Sanchez after the defender's goal

The remainder of the half was quiet, but that all changed in the second half after 2 quick shots at either end seemed to lift the crowd. But the home crowd would be sent back to the low after Ion Velez grabbed an equaliser 15 minutes after half-time. The 24-year old almost grabbed himself a hat-trick, woth 2 shots just going inches wide.

The tide seemed to have turned to Bilbao's direction, but Bradley resurected their lead in the 72nd minute, with the American international intercepting a pass to leave the 21-year old open on goal. Jose Sand gave the home side an almost uncatchable lead with 11 minutes to go before Rothen added salt to the wounds in the 87th scoring off an incredible solo run.

340x.jpg

Rothen waits for his team-mates to catch up with him

On the other individual lists, Falcao sits on 11th spot of the golden boot list on 8. Sand also sits atop the "Player of the Year" charts with an averge game rating of 8, with Falcao, Friedel and Rothen joining him. Falcao sits 2nd on the assists list with 10.

BOYLE TAKES OVER AT FC SCHALKE

The latest manager to join the top flight league is Sam Boyle, who is the manager at 10th placed team FC Schalke. Boyle is rumored to be looking to 'revamp' the squad, with many changes due to take place in the coming weeks. His scouts have already been looking at players from clubs such as River Plate.

Bring It On

River's Cup Dream Continues

Mitchell Read's debut season at River Plate is going futher then he could imagine as the Australian's side sit 5th in the league and are now into the Cup final. The divison 4 side have been a dominate force in the competition with the Buenos Aires side racking up 17 goals in 4 games and conceding 6.

The Argentine's dream looked to be over as division 3 side Palermo struck early on in the 4th minute as Budan showed his great athletisicm to flip in the air to blast one past American keeper Friedel. Golden boy Diego Buonanotte gave River Plate an equaliser but their lead was short lived as Davide Succi collected a ball 25-yards out before curling home another stunner from the Italians.

97385-b.jpg

Succi restores the lead for Palermo 1 minute after River's equaliser

River's hopes of a cup final berth was restored as central defender Nicholas Sanchez cleverly ridded himself of his marker to thunder home River's second equaliser of the first half. Somhow River were level at the break.

The defender again proved his worth after half-time, firing in a shot which was deflected by the defence, wrong-footing keeper Amelia to give River the lead for the first time. This ignited River, who were unlucky not to be 7-2 up by the 85th minute. But Matias Augusto Fernandez finally made pressure pay as the wide man headed home a Buonanotte cross to cap off a stunning comeback from River Plate.

610x.jpg

Team-mates celebrate with Sanchez after the defender gave them the lead

River Plate will face Blackburn Rovers in the Final and will go in as under-dogs.

image.jpg

Ryan back at America in shock of the season

In the biggest shock of the season America have appointed Ryan Clarke as there new manager.Less than a month after he left the club.Ryan came back to the club claiming that he couldn't leave the club he loved so dearly.

Ryan has promised that he will get the team promoted and looks to secure a win on his first game back against PAOK.America lie 2nd in the table on goal difference.They are 4 points behind leaders Napoli and Ryan has said that Napoli can be caught if America pounce on any mistakes.

When asked about whether his rivalry between him and Sir Fred Read was still burning and Ryan has said that the rivalry was one of the main reasons he came back.Ryan admits that Reads side is stronger than his own and that his team need to start putting in some great performances to try and keep their auto promotion spot.

In 2 games Ryans America host River Plate and Ryan admits that his side will go in underdogs fater Rivers amazing run in the cup.Ryan has praised the way Read has made River Plate into a great team.

Read: Baumjohann Close To Ending Kroos' Loan

Alexander Baumjohann is continuing to impress River PLate manager Read, with the Aussie gaffer saying if he puts in another performance like he did against Deportivo, he will definately remove Kroos from his squad.

The 22-year old attcking midfielder grabbed the winning goal in River's 3-2 win over Deportivo, also grabbing an assist. Klimowicz was the other stand-out as the veteran striker netted 2 to cement his place along side fellow golden-oldie Henrik Larsson.

The Argentine went on a brilliant run in the 12th minute, breaking through Deportivo's defence with ease before blasting home against Aoute. Felipe equalised 2 minutes later thanks to a pin-point accurate Mista pass. Mista somehow grabbed the lead less then a minute later, dummying past Friedel to easily tap-in for the lead.

mista.elmundo.jpg

Mista grabs the lead for Deportivo

Klimowicz perfectly countered for River, curling home a stunner in the 23rd. The teams looked like they wernt going to be seperated, going in 2-2 at half-time. But something clicked with the River attack as Tosic broke away down the left to cross into an open Baumjohann who smashed home his header 6 minutes from time.

Read couldnt be more happy with the youngsters uprise from squad player to fighting for a starting position.

It is just so exciting to see him develop at River, when I signed him i saw he had so much potential and ust knew he would be a player for the future. Well, that future has come and he has stepped up when needed.

610x.jpg

Baumjohann shows off his talent in River's 3-2 win

Read also commented on the return of Ryan Clarke to Club America:

I dont see why he returned, he couldnt handle the heat before, what makes him think that he can now. I can't wait to make it 2-0 against them when we meet, but fans shouldn't expect an exciting match, im saving up for the final.

image.jpg

Can't handle the heat??

Ryan Clarke has commented on Read saying he couldn't handle the heat.What is he on about????Can't handle the heat i was literally forced out by the board aftter we went through a sticky patch.While i was gone the chairman left so we have a new man in who will give me some time to devolp the squad the way i want it to be.

image.jpg

River Plate who are they??

Today Club America defeated River Plate 4-2 and America's maanger Ryan Clarke came out with a comment that will most certianly make Reads blood boil.In an interview after the match Ryan was asked what did he think of River Plates performance.The resonse was "River Plate???Who are they???

America looked domainant from the start and Cabanas proved this with a goal on only the 3rd minute.Niko Kovac made it level on the 14th minute and tightened up their defence.They even took the lead as the teams went into the dressing rooms for half-time.

That was until Feguson dcided this wasn't going to happen and found the net on the 44th minute.Cabanas then made it 2 goals for the game with a nice goal on the 62nd minute.Cabanas then got his hattrick with a goal on the 68th minute.Most of the River Plate fans left after 75 minutes and it is certain they won't be seen any time soon.

Read Responds To Clarke

River Plate manager Mitchell Read has responded to Ryan Clarke's comments following his sides 4-2 loss to rivals Club America. Clarke replied in an interview "River Plate??? Who are they????" and Read is shocked at the comments, obviously surprised that he doesnt respect this year's cup finalists.

Are you serious? Well, i surely missed this guys comments when he left. Im just surprised that such a, ahem, "great" manager, cant seem to show respect to a club that is obviously of a higher standard.

Read has also spoken about how he is disappointed that he couldnt play a full strength squad with the Aussie resting his key players ready for tomorrow nights Cup final against Blackburn Rovers.

Im fairly disappointed at the timing of the game. I mean, a cup final is more important then a league game, and even such an intense one at that. When we played them last time i had a couple of first team players that i use now, but i had Elyounoussi playing centre-midfield and Tosic starting for us on the left. Im confident that if i had the chance to play them again with my main boys, we would easily win.

image.jpg

Club America 2nd on goal difference.

Club America are riding high under Ryan Clarke and they find themselves 2nd on goal difference.River Plate though have been enduring a poor run of form which has seen them drop down to 7th ouside of the playoff's.America are on a good run of form which has seen them win there last 3 games.

Standard Leige 0-2 Club America

Goals: Cabanas 73,Munitis 75 (Club America)

MOM: Cabanas (Club America)

Cards: Ferguson Yellow (Club America)

Referee:Helmut Fleischer

HT: 0-0

Club America 5-1 Dynamo Mosvka

Goals: Juanito 5,Cabanas 32 & 49,Maldonado 37,Munitis 71 (Club America)Wilshere 74 (Dynamo Moskva)

MOM:Munitis (Club America)

Cards:Kolodin,Genkov,Kombarov Yellow Tocholin Red (Dynamo Mosvka)

Referee:Kyros Vassaras

HT: Club America 3-0 Dynamo Mosvka

River Down But Not Out

River Plate manager Mitchell Read has admitted that his side are going through a rough patch, but says that everything will be fine thanks to the arrival of Ukranian international Oleksandr Aliyev who will make his debut ahead of recent surprise package Alexander Baumjohann.

River slumped to their 4th game without a win after playing out a 4-4 draw with Anderlecht. The Argentines went into the break at 3-1 before Rothen seemed to secure the win in the 58th minute. But Anderlecht staged a fight-back, with a goal 11 minutes later then 2 more inside the last 10 minutes to leave River outside of the play-off zone.

In River's personal department, Jose Sand continues to lead the goal scoring table, level with America's Cabanas and Umit Karan and having played 6 less games Sand looks to be the favourite to take out Player of the Year for division 4.