BRANIMIR KOSTADINOV

en23kosb.jpg

Name: BRANIMIR KOSTADINOV

Birth Date: 04-03-1989

Club: Herats

Nationality: Bulgaria

Position: Forward

Foot: Left

Hearts have high hopes for their striker who has attracted interest from Premier League clubs and has already become a favorite after scoring 20 in 16 games for Arboath.

Kostadinov has also been recognised as Bulgaria U'19s key player by various sources and is expected to go onto big things in the future.

Currently not on the DB.

Videos can be seen on youtube.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Branimir Kostadinov

Kostadinov has been signed by Chernomorets (Bourgas), according to NovSport.Com

He came on trials in the last weekend of the Bulgarian "A" group season and took part in Chernomorets' "B" side game against Vihren - which was won by The Sharks by 6:0, Branimir getting twice on the scoresheet.

With a transfer like that, the Bourgas-based team is definitely going places...

Kostadinov has been signed by Chernomorets (Bourgas)' date=' according to NovSport.Com

He came on trials in the last weekend of the Bulgarian "A" group season and took part in Chernomorets' "B" side game against Vihren - which was won by The Sharks by 6:0, Branimir getting twice on the scoresheet.

With a transfer like that, the Bourgas-based team is definitely going places...[/quote']

If this is true then as a Hearts fan I can't understand why we would let him go. Although we finished 3rd in the league this season it was our defence that got us there. We've been crying out for a 20 goal a season man ever since John Robertson hung up his boots and this kid could've been that 20 goal a season man. t 19 he was ready to put into the first team this coming season. Very disappointed. :(

I heard that financial troubles at Hearts were the reason for the release of players, but even with them in mind I doubt Branimir would've cost 'em a lot.

Nonetheless, his dad and player manager said that Branimir will be starting from scratch at Chernomorets. He also said he had offers from other clubs too, but Branimir decided it was best to develop in Bulgaria first - and I guess working with Stuttgart legends Fredi Bobic and Krasimir Balakov was too hard to resist.

• 1 year later...