Seriously. Who's the best left-back at the moment?

Guest cabbytoodles

Seriously. Who's the best left-back at the moment?  

1. 1.

• Eric Abidal, 29 Barcelona
    • Patrice Evra,27 Man Utd
    • Philipp Lahm,25 Bayern
    • Ashley Cole,27 Chelsea
    • Gabriel Heinze, 30 Real Madrid
    • Gael Clichy,22 Arsenal
    • Joan Capdevilla,30 Villareal
    • Scherer Maxwell,27 Inter Milan
    • Marek Jankulovski31 AC Milan
    • Fabio Grosso,31 Lyon

Guest cabbytoodles

Now most major leagues have reached the halfway point. Well, most. Haha so I was wondering who your vote for the best left-back would be? Is it Mr.Once-Promising-But-Stagnated Lahm or is it the French trio Abidal, Evra, Clichy who wins your vote? Some might go for "Cashley" Cole though. So please, vote your the left-back you think is at the top of the world at the moment.

Note: I didn't ask for your favorite left-back, so don't let your biasnesses get in the way.

Cheers

Re: Seriously. Who's the best left-back at the moment?

It's hard to choose but my vote goes to

3. Lahm

Lahm has been great for Muenchen n Germany NT, n his dribbling always dangerous

2. Jankulovski

maybe u ask, why i choose 31 years old to become 2nd LB in the world? If u don't sure, watch Milan match! Jankulovski's job is very hard at Milan because Milan don't play winger at midfield, and Jankulovski must help attack n defence., and he can run until 90 minute!

1. Evra

i just want to say,who don't agree with me? Arrived at MU first at winter transfer 2006, he just deputy of Heinze, but since Heinze struggling with injury and go to Madrid, Evra goes to show his shine. His dribble,cross from left side is one of the key MU got EPL n UCL last season. And, the reason why France failed to go to knockout stage is ABIDAL become starter at LB position while they have EVRA n CLICHY at that position.

Evra might be the best LB playing in England Spain and Italy, but the best LB has to go to Lahm because he is such a great defender and has great technical ability moving up as well. Evra is a typical premier league top defender, strong and with great pace. But I don't see him being technically gifted, unlike Lahm. Lahm should be a 94 really and I see him being a 95/96 player in the future.

Evra might be the best LB playing in England Spain and Italy' date=' but the best LB has to go to Lahm because he is such a great defender and has great technical ability moving up as well. Evra is a typical premier league top defender, strong and with great pace. But I don't see him being technically gifted, unlike Lahm. Lahm should be a 94 really and I see him being a 95/96 player in the future.[/quote']

Evra not technically gifted:confused:

Evra might be the best LB playing in England Spain and Italy' date=' but the best LB has to go to Lahm because he is such a great defender and has great technical ability moving up as well. Evra is a typical premier league top defender, strong and with great pace. But I don't see him being technically gifted, unlike Lahm. Lahm should be a 94 really and I see him being a 95/96 player in the future.[/quote']

Lahm is great going forward, but not great defensively. His defending was terrible at Euro 2008.

i dont watch much spanish footy i only really watch english but im suprised that marcelo isnt considered becuase hes rated 90 only 20 yo and plays for brazil n real madrid

Marcelo is soo poor defensively that i can't even consider him as a LB anymore...

i dont watch much spanish footy i only really watch english but im suprised that marcelo isnt considered becuase hes rated 90 only 20 yo and plays for brazil n real madrid

He's more of a left forward tbh :o... can't defend to save his life. He's been one of Madrid's problem players this season. Part of the reason they aren't doing too well. I really can't see him going at all above 90 unless he is made into a LM. And Kleber and Maxwell play ahead of him at LB for Brazil if they're fit.

EDIT: Evra best LB by a long way atm

I think people are too quick to criticise Ashley Cole, mainly because he's an odious tw*t. That said, I voted Evra. I think there is certainly a dirge of world-class left-backs right now. This is nowhere near as difficult a decision as best right-back in the world.