Sign in to follow this  
Richard Wallace

TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Re: TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Love your Holland section, really accurate, just have a few things I wanted to point out.

I have to disagree about Isaksson. Look at our goals conceded this year and compare it with last season (PSV I'm talking about). We've conceded 24 (12 goals home and 12 goals away) goals the whole season, and now we've conceded 17 goals and we're half way there. Half the goals Gomes would've scooped it out of the net before it went in when he was still in PSV. Isaksson is decent, that's all, I'd be surprised if he raised to 90, cause he ain't 90+ rating quality keeper he used to be yet, and it's extremely hard to get 90 in the Eredivisie cause we're "less of a quality league", which is partially true. Gomes got his 91 for having the longest cleansheet record season in season out he was in PSV and his heroics in the UEFA Champions Leaugue and UEFA Cup. Isaksson's not even in the Eredivisie top 10 cleansheet streak record, nowhere near, and you have to consider the fact he's playing behind one of the best defences (or one can argue, used to be) Eredivisie can offer.

You made Kenneth Vermeer sound like he displaced Stekelenburg, but all Vermeer's doing is just play between the sticks while Stekelenburg is still injured. I doubt Vermeer can keep his spot after Stekelenburg returns, especially because Stek is the new captain of Ajax (why would Van Basten appoint a goalkeeper he's not going to play as captain?) and Netherlands' No.1. I do agree with the rating, just wanted to clarify things.

By the way, Rens Van Eijden isn't Willem II Tilburg's future RB, he's PSV's future RB, he's on loan from PSV ;)

Lol I'm pretty sure this beats Insider's superpost. :P

This is pure quality and i agree that this could easily beat Insider's giant post (this took me longer to read :D)

Wonderful post from TomOwen and this proves a brilliant start for this year for TomOwen. This IS far the nest thread i've seen in my life

Cheers and i'm pretty sure they'll be about 50 more comments coming up so better get replying Tom :P

Don't Think SM Will Pop Up Hulls Players Stats Too Much, They Said After Readings Good Season In There First Year In The Prem That They Had Over Rated Them & That In Future They Would Be Less Willing To Raise A Whole Teams Ratings Based On Just 1 Season, So Considering Only Half 1 Season Is Gone Something To Consider.

Good Post, ;)

Samaras Aswell Should Rise,

Not Sure On Carrizo The Lazio Goalie To Get 91 Tough... 22 Goals Conceded Lazio.

In Think Alot of +2's You've Given Out Will Only Be +1's

Awesome thread mate! Definitely beats Insider's thread although both are magnificent! I see you missed out on Renato Augusto of Leverkusen and Luis Suarez of Ajax...your thoughts on these two?

Absolutely fantastic mate!

Thanks Richard. Hope that I did well.

AN ABSOLUTE BEAST OF A POST TOM!

Amazing! Nice to see you on here from time to time making a contribution.

Thanks Ken. Don't worry' date=' there will be one more of these at the end of 2009 and going into 2010 and that's my scouting reports for the year. Maybe one in summer as well...

HOLY!

I can't wait 'til 2010!!! :D:p

Shouldn't your keyboard be on fire by now??

Well, you'll have to wait until 2010 for the next one. :P My keyboard is fine, a few keys have been flying around from time to time when I was typing this, and I almost wrecked my computer with this, a few files were corrupted and all that stuff. Had to ghost it all back.

Love your Holland section' date=' really accurate, just have a few things I wanted to point out.

I have to disagree about Isaksson. Look at our goals conceded this year and compare it with last season (PSV I'm talking about). We've conceded 24 (12 goals home and 12 goals away) goals the whole season, and now we've conceded 17 goals and we're half way there. Half the goals Gomes would've scooped it out of the net before it went in when he was still in PSV. Isaksson is decent, that's all, I'd be surprised if he raised to 90, cause he ain't 90+ rating quality keeper he used to be yet, and it's extremely hard to get 90 in the Eredivisie cause we're "less of a quality league", which is partially true. Gomes got his 91 for having the longest cleansheet record season in season out he was in PSV and his heroics in the UEFA Champions Leaugue and UEFA Cup. Isaksson's not even in the Eredivisie top 10 cleansheet streak record, nowhere near, and you have to consider the fact he's playing behind one of the best defences (or one can argue, used to be) Eredivisie can offer.

You made Kenneth Vermeer sound like he displaced Stekelenburg, but all Vermeer's doing is just play between the sticks while Stekelenburg is still injured. I doubt Vermeer can keep his spot after Stekelenburg returns, especially because Stek is the new captain of Ajax (why would Van Basten appoint a goalkeeper he's not going to play as captain?) and Netherlands' No.1. I do agree with the rating, just wanted to clarify things.

By the way, Rens Van Eijden isn't Willem II Tilburg's future RB, he's PSV's future RB, he's on loan from PSV ;)[/quote']

I have just heard that Andreas Isaksson has been very shaky, but I predicted a rise due to his decent performances against Liverpool and he is the first choice goalkeeper at a highly-rated PSV, so maybe an 89 would be not-out-of-order from SM

From what I said, Kenneth Vermeer is still the second string goalkeeper. The second sentence of that thing said: " Kenneth Vermeer is second string goalkeeper, but has managed to play 11 games so far, clocking up 1006 minutes." Therefore, you don't have to worry that I don't know Maarten Stekelenburg is first choice. It's quite obvious actually, since he was Holland's second choice goalkeeper before Edwin Van Der Sar retired from international duty.

I thought Rens Van Eijden had a relation with PSV. :o You've solved my queries. ;)

This is pure quality and i agree that this could easily beat Insider's giant post (this took me longer to read :D)

Wonderful post from TomOwen and this proves a brilliant start for this year for TomOwen. This IS far the nest thread i've seen in my life

Cheers and i'm pretty sure they'll be about 50 more comments coming up so better get replying Tom :P

Thanks for the compliments. I still have a few things to fix on this thread' date=' a few of the ratings. It's quite nice to hear some people think it's the best thread, but I do have to say, Insider's thread is better than mine.

Don't Think SM Will Pop Up Hulls Players Stats Too Much, They Said After Readings Good Season In There First Year In The Prem That They Had Over Rated Them & That In Future They Would Be Less Willing To Raise A Whole Teams Ratings Based On Just 1 Season, So Considering Only Half 1 Season Is Gone Something To Consider.

Good Post, ;)

Samaras Aswell Should Rise,

Not Sure On Carrizo The Lazio Goalie To Get 91 Tough... 22 Goals Conceded Lazio.

In Think Alot of +2's You've Given Out Will Only Be +1's

I doubt Samaras will rise again Shels. He is already rated at 87 and even with his impressive goalscoring record (10 goals in 16 games, averaging a goal every 94 minutes), he hasn't really played much and has fierce competition.

Juan Pablo Carrizo is probably the starting goalkeeper for Argentina from now on, so I don't see why he shouldn't get a 91.

Yeah, I've been thinking about them, might have been a bit optimistic on some occasions, but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist

mate, i think my eyes just got OWNED.

my body nearly ruptured into a siezure seeing all those predictions WITH stats.

i would have replied earlier, but i spent the last 4 hours sifting through and bidding relentlessly for all my clubs.

Insanely genius.

Unable to be beaten.

Absolutely fantastic mate!

Actually tbh TomOwen, it took me about 20 minutes to read this thread on the scouting so.... FANTASTIC THREAD!:D;)

Thanks IA

TROR

Brilliant stuff TomOwen!! Must have taken some time:p

I was interested to see what ratings you would give Trabzonspor players but i saw only one player:o

Yes Colman should rise to 88. However i do feel that a couple of players are missing.

I feel that Selcuk Inan should be having no problems reaching 88. He has been great! He is one of the reason Trabzonspor are doing so well in the league:)

Hrvoje Cale is another crucial player. He didn't have many problems adapting to life in Turkey after arriving from Zagreb. A rise to 88 is possible.

Yattara:( ...performance wise...he should be an 88/89 player, taking into account the club he plays in. Unfortunately he is very injury prone and he missed some games earlier in the season after he got injured against Ankaragucu. He is a key player...and he will continue to get games, and he could rise to 88 as well. Read Madrid go away:p :o:D

One last thing, Musa Aydin of Sivasspor? I think he should rise as well...he is 87 now, 88/89 is not out of the question.

Overall great stuff!:)

Guest Abdel Zizi

This was absolute amazing.

Best thread I've seen ever.

Got 1 question though: I have Gk Dos Santos Renan in my team.

Do you really think he'll rise from 78 to 85?

I sure hope so.

Disagree with a hell of a lot of your predictions, but what do they matter in the end anyway :P Almost every riser over the next 3 months is on here, and that's all that matters.

Absolutely massive post, the work that's gone into this is simply crazy. Christmas TV must have been pretty bad where you are...

Disagree with a hell of a lot of your predictions' date=' but what do they matter in the end anyway :P Almost every riser over the next 3 months is on here, and that's all that matters.

Absolutely massive post, the work that's gone into this is simply crazy. Christmas TV must have been pretty bad where you are...[/quote']

Christmas TV is terrible in Vietnam, true.

But I wonder, which ratings do you disagree with, because I think it's quite right, as I've checked it over once after finishing and had it checked it over with another great scout, Mark Farine, whom is much better than me.

Have to agree with the Christmas TV comment :D

I can't comment on how accurate most of them will be but i'm sure 99% of them will rise.

Great Post!!

nice list, but got a few that i dont agree with and was wondering why you've rated them as you have:

almunia to 92 - what has he done to rise further?

denilson to 90 - again, why such a big rise - 89 more appropriate

jagielka and neville to 90 - why? they're more 88/89 than 90 IMO and if they get a 90 then the likes of osman deserve a 90

IMO a few that you've predicted to hit 88 are a tad ambitious (geovanni, paintsil, myhill, bramble), but an excellent list nonetheless

Christmas TV is terrible in Vietnam' date=' true.

But I wonder, which ratings do you disagree with, because I think it's quite right, as I've checked it over once after finishing and had it checked it over with another great scout, Mark Farine, whom is much better than me.[/quote']

I don't have the energy to go through all that again!

There's none that I looked at thought, Woah, that's miles out, just on general there were quite a few 84s that I think only deserve 82's etc, and ratings like Burs picked out.

We will get a general consensus for how the ratings are going to shape up over the next 2 weeks, and after that I will no doubt be returning to apologise for doubting you...

nice list' date=' but got a few that i dont agree with and was wondering why you've rated them as you have:

almunia to 92 - what has he done to rise further?

denilson to 90 - again, why such a big rise - 89 more appropriate

jagielka and neville to 90 - why? they're more 88/89 than 90 IMO and if they get a 90 then the likes of osman deserve a 90

IMO a few that you've predicted to hit 88 are a tad ambitious (geovanni, paintsil, myhill, bramble), but an excellent list nonetheless[/quote']

Manuel Almunia - starting goalkeeper for a Champions League side and regular Top 4 finisher, although Arsenal are 5th at the moment. Let's compare him to goalkeepers playing for other teams like that...

We have...

Jose Pepe Reina (93)

Petr Cech (95)

Edwin Van Der Sar (94)

Iker Casillas (96)

Arribas Victor Valdes (91) - Will rise

Brito Renan (88) - Definite riser

Diego Lopez (90) - Will rise

Julio Cesar (94)

Christian Abbiati (90) - AC Milan never have great keepers

Buffon (96)

Pereira Denilson - He plays alongside a 92-rated, a 95-rated so why can't he get 90?

Phil Jagielka & Phil Neville - Everton have been consistently performing well and Jagielka and Neville are important players so I believe they can reach 90.

Thanks for the feedback and constructive critisicm