Sign in to follow this  
Richard Wallace

TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Re: TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

This thread is absoultley fantastic! This wont just be a great help to my teams but it will be great for everyones teams! Infact im gonna rate this, the best player ratings thread of all time.

Well Done Tom!

Thanks

Kyle Turner

Well done Tom, I have always enjoyed reading your posts, always been pretty accurate IMO and I like the way you always give a reason for a rise, or a little explanation rather than just saying "86 --->88" which in my eyes helps me to make my mind up on a player.

The thing is with ratings, whilst you might not agree yourself that this player or that player will or will not rise by a certain amount, the way Tom always presents things, he makes his presentation clear and realistically there's no way every single one is going to be right, but it gives a good indication.

I also like the way as with Insiders thread the +1's and +2's are included, whilst everyone wants a +9 or +10 riser, but these really are vital for managers on SM who are basing their team on risers, and are ready for the next step up.

Good work again Tom. Brilliant thread and thanks again for all the hard work you put in to it.

Fantastic Post :D really helpful to buy some of the big risers that ive missed!

Denilson should get 89 this time, he gives the ball away too much to be 90 :D but still the best post ive seen!

Guest Phill

Tom do You Know any German Risers that (Hopefully)will be 89+ in 2/3 rating changes?

CB Preferably or D Will Do... Or a LB :) lol

and Great Thread, That Must be why you havent been on the forum for a bit :D:rolleyes:

:)

Manuel Almunia - starting goalkeeper for a Champions League side and regular Top 4 finisher' date=' although Arsenal are 5th at the moment. Let's compare him to goalkeepers playing for other teams like that...

We have...

Jose Pepe Reina (93)

Petr Cech (95)

Edwin Van Der Sar (94)

Iker Casillas (96)

Arribas Victor Valdes (91) - Will rise

Brito Renan (88) - Definite riser

Diego Lopez (90) - Will rise

Julio Cesar (94)

Christian Abbiati (90) - AC Milan never have great keepers

Buffon (96)[/quote']

do you think he's at the same level as those keepers though - sounds like your reasoning for him getting a 92 is by default, not by his performances and when you consider other similarly rated keepers who arent in the CL (friedel, given, howard, carrizo) i wouldnt say he's better than any of them, or at least that much better to get a higher rating

Pereira Denilson - He plays alongside a 92-rated' date=' a 95-rated so why can't he get 90?[/quote']

but he hasnt played as a 90 though - its kinda like me saying that if I played alongside nasri and fabregas i'd deserve a 90 ;)

Phil Jagielka & Phil Neville - Everton have been consistently performing well and Jagielka and Neville are important players so I believe they can reach 90.

true, but i dont think they'll get a 90 over someone like osman - most everton fans i know think neville's awful and can't wait for someone to replace him!

ps are the mexican risers updated from your earlier thread?

Welcome back Tom, and what a post to come back with. Thats 43,185 words (or to put it another way, 126 A4 pages in size 12 font!!) Nice to see some of my players on that list. Obviously i didnt read it all but one surprise on the list was Nick Van der Velden. My mate managed a Gillingham side with him already in it. On his profile, it said his real life club was FC Dordrecht (an unknown Dutch team to me) so I said it would probably be best to sell him, seeing as hes 27, but Im glad he didnt now. Was he on loan or something?

Titus Bramble ---> 88 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

.. Toggs will be happy :D, saying that I think he might rise, but 86 is more liekly ;)

Really good post. With a lot of ratings covered. Although I don't have the time to look through them all. So I just focused on the EPL.

Post look accurate although there are a few which are too stats based and I think should be different.

On starts alone Rafael has played 14 games for the World Champions (hate to call them that), so I think more than 83 will be achievable. Busquet had only played 11 games for Barcelona when he rose to 85, so going by that Rafael should also make at least 85. I have also been very impressed with Rafael's performances, so if he continues to play, imo 86 is more realistic.

I'm also not sure about the Almunia and Denilson prediction. The rating 90 indicates a player who is international class. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule as some countries are almost impossible to break into. But is the Brazilian Central Midfield one of those positions? ... for me know. Lucas has managed to play right at the highest level for Brazil and was a regular for Brazil in the Olympics. Denilson meanwhile was left out of the squad of under 23 year olds. There was players in that squad rated 87 so surely if Denilson is 90 class he'd of been included? I personally think the Arsenal midfield at the moment is one of the reasons Arsenal aren't where they'd normally be. I think it's very week and lacks in experience. If Arsene signs a more experienced player to play there and Fabregas was fit Denilson would be left out. So for me the minutes he's played this season (where he hasn't done anything special) should get him a rise to 90, and my opinion is that he should stay 88! Although I think a rise to 89 is likely. Almunia has been solid but not amazing for me. I haven't seen anything that should put him above Friedal, Given or Jääskeläinen.

Other than those 3 and Bramble I think you've done a good job. Great job, which much of taken a lot of effort. I'm sure it's very accurate overall :D

Great to see you back btw.

Tom do You Know any German Risers that (Hopefully)will be 89+ in 2/3 rating changes?

CB Preferably or D Will Do... Or a LB :) lol

and Great Thread' date=' That Must be why you havent been on the forum for a bit :D:rolleyes:

:)[/quote']

I'm not tom, but I can still provide a fair awnser to that. It's gotta bu Subotic/Hummels. Also, Henrique, and Kadlec if you are looking at LB.

I'm not tom' date=' but I can still provide a fair awnser to that. It's gotta bu Subotic/Hummels. Also, Henrique, and Kadlec if you are looking at LB.[/quote']

I'd like to add Marcel Schmelzer to that list as well. Replacing Dede at Borussia Dortmund as left back, will rise to 84 this time around.

Listening to Insider is about the smartest thing you can do. ;)

Guest Phill

I'm not tom' date=' but I can still provide a fair awnser to that. It's gotta bu Subotic/Hummels. Also, Henrique, and Kadlec if you are looking at LB.[/quote']

Lol Thanks but actual GERMAN players please lol and what Henrique are you talking about there are a few out there lol

Welcome back Tom' date=' and what a post to come back with. Thats 43,185 words (or to put it another way, 126 A4 pages in size 12 font!!) Nice to see some of my players on that list. Obviously i didnt read it all but one surprise on the list was Nick Van der Velden. My mate managed a Gillingham side with him already in it. On his profile, it said his real life club was FC Dordrecht (an unknown Dutch team to me) so I said it would probably be best to sell him, seeing as hes 27, but Im glad he didnt now. Was he on loan or something?[/quote']

Nick Van Der Velden is aged 24, rated at 79, plays for AZ Alkmaar. He's probably got a different player. So I think you should re-check and just search through AZ Alkmaar instead...

do you think he's at the same level as those keepers though - sounds like your reasoning for him getting a 92 is by default' date=' not by his performances and when you consider other similarly rated keepers who arent in the CL (friedel, given, howard, carrizo) i wouldnt say he's better than any of them, or at least that much better to get a higher rating

but he hasnt played as a 90 though - its kinda like me saying that if I played alongside nasri and fabregas i'd deserve a 90 ;)

true, but i dont think they'll get a 90 over someone like osman - most everton fans i know think neville's awful and can't wait for someone to replace him!

ps are the mexican risers updated from your earlier thread?[/quote']

I see your point there Burs, but Manuel Almunia's chance is pretty high, and I guess I was pretty optimistic with Denilson, but with SM's inconsistency with ratings, you never know what will happen.

And Phil Neville, from what I've seen, although I don't watch too many Everton matches, he hasn't been bad at all, and he is also the captain, meaning that he has a good influence and leadership.

The Mexican Risers are updated.

Titus Bramble ---> 88

.. Toggs will be happy :D' date=' saying that I think he might rise, but 86 is more liekly ;)

Really good post. With a lot of ratings covered. Although I don't have the time to look through them all. So I just focused on the EPL.

Post look accurate although there are a few which are too stats based and I think should be different.

On starts alone Rafael has played 14 games for the World Champions (hate to call them that), so I think more than 83 will be achievable. Busquet had only played 11 games for Barcelona when he rose to 85, so going by that Rafael should also make at least 85. I have also been very impressed with Rafael's performances, so if he continues to play, imo 86 is more realistic.

I'm also not sure about the Almunia and Denilson prediction. The rating 90 indicates a player who is international class. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule as some countries are almost impossible to break into. But is the Brazilian Central Midfield one of those positions? ... for me know. Lucas has managed to play right at the highest level for Brazil and was a regular for Brazil in the Olympics. Denilson meanwhile was left out of the squad of under 23 year olds. There was players in that squad rated 87 so surely if Denilson is 90 class he'd of been included? I personally think the Arsenal midfield at the moment is one of the reasons Arsenal aren't where they'd normally be. I think it's very week and lacks in experience. If Arsene signs a more experienced player to play there and Fabregas was fit Denilson would be left out. So for me the minutes he's played this season (where he hasn't done anything special) should get him a rise to 90, and my opinion is that he should stay 88! Although I think a rise to 89 is likely. Almunia has been solid but not amazing for me. I haven't seen anything that should put him above Friedal, Given or Jääskeläinen.

Other than those 3 and Bramble I think you've done a good job. Great job, which much of taken a lot of effort. I'm sure it's very accurate overall :D

Great to see you back btw.[/quote']

As I've posted up there for Burs, I'll come around fixing it when I recover. Titus Bramble can rise, but I'm pretty sure I did put 87... And Titus Bramble isn't a bad player as so many people think, everyone makes mistakes, he might make a few more than human but has enough skill to play in the Premier League

Lol Thanks but actual GERMAN players please lol and what Henrique are you talking about there are a few out there lol

Well, not reach 89+ yet but the four best ones are...

Mats Hummels

Marcel Schmelzer

Kevin Pezzoni

Benedikt Howedes

Nick Van Der Velden is aged 24' date=' rated at 79, plays for AZ Alkmaar. He's probably got a different player. So I think you should re-check and just search through AZ Alkmaar instead...[/quote']

No no no, you've misunderstood. This was a year ago, he manages a different team now. Van der Velden played for FC Dordrecht a year ago.

Guest Phill

Well' date=' not reach 89+ yet but the four best ones are...

Mats Hummels

Marcel Schmelzer

Kevin Pezzoni

Benedikt Howedes[/quote']

Lol Combining This and Radebe's Thread is Amazing :D lol

Thanks! :D

TomOwen For Mod!

Well' date=' not reach 89+ yet but the four best ones are...

Mats Hummels

Marcel Schmelzer

Kevin Pezzoni

[b']Benedikt Howedes[/b]

Howedes would be the one I'd go for. Playing a lot of games for Schalke despite having Westermann and Bordon competing for his position. Last time I spoke to LKK he said he was doing very well. Has also clinched a first team CB spot in the German National Under 21 side where he is becoming a regular. I think he has a chance of making 89 within 4 German Rating sessions.

Also listed as the two positions you want CB and LB. Although beware this change to just CB as I haven't seen him start at LB this season.

No no no' date=' you've misunderstood. This was a year ago, he manages a different team now. Van der Velden played for FC Dordrecht a year ago.[/quote']

He was signed by AZ Alkmaar this season after his impressive performances at FC Dordrecht last season, where he scored 14 goals in 37 games in the Eerste Divisie which is under the Eredivisie.

I think u missed Carrick and welbeck and evans.

Michael Carrick has 12 appearances in the Premier League along with 2 Champions League and 1 FA Cup appearance, he isn't performing superbly, he's doing decently. Do you actually think he'd rise based on that? Darren Fletcher's done better than him and is 3 ratings behind...

Danny Welbeck has made 2 starts and 2 subs, scoring 2 goals. No rise or to 75.

Johny Evans has made 4 starts in the Premier League. He won't rise.

Guest Phill

Howedes would be the one I'd go for. Playing a lot of games for Schalke despite having Westermann and Bordon competing for his position. Last time I spoke to LKK he said he was doing very well. Has also clinched a first team CB spot in the German National Under 21 side where he is becoming a regular. I think he has a chance of making 89 within 4 German Rating sessions.

Also listed as the two positions you want CB and LB. Although beware this change to just CB as I haven't seen him start at LB this season.

:eek: So MAny

when are next German Rating Changes im almost broke :o lol

Well Carrick and Welbeck will defo rise. Carrick was injured at the start and hence missed some games but since then has been playing regularly and has been excellent for us. Welbeck should rise 76-78 for me. He is 17 and already has 2 goals and a start for the club. Evans is a bit tricky as he probably hasn' played enough but when he has he has played well.

Epic thread!!

Quality mate!!!

1 mistake though very small

You said: Tom Heaton – GK – 22 – 80 – Cardiff City

The ex-Manchester United has made 18 starts and has clocked up 1633 minutes and has beaten experienced goalkeeper Peter Enckelman to the first team spot. 80-->83

Idoubt this will happen as Heaton hasnt played in the last 6-10 games due to a few errors leaving enkleman number 1 again!

Wow! Stunning Tom!

Only read the first page, and therefore don't know if the Vermeer/Stekelenberg thing was cleared up, but Stekelenberg is out with a long-term injury, which is why Vermeer is playing.

Wow! Stunning Tom!

Only read the first page' date=' and therefore don't know if the Vermeer/Stekelenberg thing was cleared up, but Stekelenberg is out with a long-term injury, which is why Vermeer is playing.[/quote']

Same thing with Dede/Schmelzer. When Dede is back in February, I doubt Schmelzer will keep playing.

Same thing with Dede/Schmelzer. When Dede is back in February' date=' I doubt Schmelzer will keep playing.[/quote']

But Schmelzer's no longer a regular since Owomoyela returned from injury. Young-Pyo Lee handles the duties at LB.

Lee and Owomoyela are preferred by the coach as they seem to handle the one-on-ones better and contribute more to the offence. Schmelzer actually doesn't venture forward that much.

Anyway, he's done enough for a 84, as suggested.

Oh, and great post, Tom. :)