Sign in to follow this  
Richard Wallace

TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Re: TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Epic thread!!

Quality mate!!!

1 mistake though very small

You said: Tom Heaton – GK – 22 – 80 – Cardiff City

The ex-Manchester United has made 18 starts and has clocked up 1633 minutes and has beaten experienced goalkeeper Peter Enckelman to the first team spot. 80-->83

Idoubt this will happen as Heaton hasnt played in the last 6-10 games due to a few errors leaving enkleman number 1 again!

On that subject, he played a few more games after the last rating change before Enckelman started playing again.

Do you think he will rise from 80 to maybe 81?

What a post mate. Your section on Scotland is very accurate. Finally, someone that agree Papac and Broadfoot should rise. However, Bougherra may be for the off. Brought in as a replacement for Cuellar and will never be the same. He's fast, but that's about it. Broadfoot does a better job in the middle. Pedro, Papac, Broadfoot, Davis, Boyd and Miller should all get rises. Outside chances of Lafferty getting a +1. Hope not though, he's awful.

First of all, that is an absolutely fantastic post, which must've taken ages to compile, so thanks for that. However, some of the English Premier League ratings are a bit off. A lot of your predictions appear to be decided purely on statistics, which is fair enough for smaller leagues and young players, but for the Premier League, I think performance is more important.

For example, you have predicted Manuel Almunia to rise from 91 -> 92. Based on the stats, this seems about right. As you said, he's played almost every minute this season for Arsenal. However, Arsenal are not the team they were a few years ago. Though generally quite solid, Almunia is prone to making errors, which have cost Arsenal points in the past. Coupled with the fact that Arsenal are being outshone at the moment by Aston Villa with Brad Friediel in goal who is outdoubtedly better than Almunia, but plays for a less-prestigious club (same applies for Shay Given, who deserves a 92), so a 91 rating is fair for both of them. And finally it is very rare to find a 92 rated goalkeeper who doesn't even make the national squad, let alone the first team.

Sorry for that rant but I thought I'd mention that some of the Premiership ratings have been over-rated, increasing by +2 when it should be +1. Apart from that, from what I've read the rest of the predictions seem pretty accurate so thanks again for a brilliant thread!

Great post mate...Must have taken day's and lots of coffee :D

Hopefully going by your rating predictions and a few other scouts I should reap the benefits with all the youngsters and risers I got for my Queen's Park team....Even if not all superstars in the making, these risers should make EVERYONE a tidy profit.

Brillant post. It must have taken up your whole christmas to finish.

Anyway just to help you i think that Mikel should have got a mention a rise to 92/93 has to be on the cards.

Also Berra off Hearts is surely up for a rise to 88/89.

This might be contraversial but i think Messi should get a rise to 98. I cant see no difference in class between Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic i think deserves a rise to 97.

I'm afraid I've got to agree with Carrick for 92 - his performances and the fact that he is the obvious starting centre midfielder for the world/europe champions makes him an obvious candidate for a rise to 92..

Also disagreed with the Bramble rating and a few of the EPL rating changes being so high - it's worth remembering that the Premiership is so SO tight at the moment - a few losses can put a team in the relagation zone, but a few wins can put them 7th or 8th.. so Hull/Fulham/Wigan players won't look such attractive rating increases if they lose a few more games before the (English) rating changes, when their respective teams sit much lower down in the table.

Other than that I've taken most of the rating changes as THE WORD - so thanks for a top-class post.

Lol Thanks but actual GERMAN players please lol and what Henrique are you talking about there are a few out there lol

When it comes to LBs - Marcel Schäfer from VfL Wolfsburg is your man. 87 and sure to rise by 1, possibly 2. Debuted in NT and very hot prospect.

well , a great thread what should I say ....:D?

actually I know a good question :):

How did u spent you'r holiday ?

Also I'd like to mention Santacroce , I checked the list and I haven't seen him although I heard that he should be 90/91 and else ... good luck and let's hope that your ratings are 95% exactly.

Also De Mets from Belgium , IDK his club but he is 72 rated and he is supposed to get 80-82

What a post mate. Your section on Scotland is very accurate. Finally' date=' someone that agree Papac and Broadfoot should rise.[/b'] However, Bougherra may be for the off. Brought in as a replacement for Cuellar and will never be the same. He's fast, but that's about it. Broadfoot does a better job in the middle. Pedro, Papac, Broadfoot, Davis, Boyd and Miller should all get rises. Outside chances of Lafferty getting a +1. Hope not though, he's awful.

I've always been saying Broadfoot should rise.. :confused:

any chance of a rise for Renato Augusto of leverkusen. He's started every game' date=' scored 1, assisted 5. Leverkusen are currently fifth in a tight league, hoffenheim only 3 points ahead. Any thoughts?[/quote']

89/90 for me, I'm sure Tom has posted on him on this thread. ;)

very nice, first time ive seen someone post a few risers from my club on here too.

another recommendation for Nottingham Forest

Brendan Moloney

Hes probably made as many appearances as Joe Heath now.

We recalled him back from his loan spell and straight away hes been getting

1st team place at right back.

New manager now though, we'll have to see.

19 years old - 72 rating RB/CB perhaps could see +4 rise?

Guest King Kolo

I wouldn't be a suprised if you're heart is beating 100 times a second after that post!

Best post on SM.

Repped.

Marc Stein – LB/RB – 23 – 86 – Hertha BSC

Becoming a key figure in the Hertha BSC team, already played 16 out of a possible 17 matches and 1398 out of 1552 minutes for the side, Marc Stein could easily have a decent rise to 88. 86-->88

Before I spend money on this player, could anyone please tell me if he's likely to suffer a position change or is LB his genuine primary position?

A excellent + 2 increase for Milhomem GUILHERME takes from from 87 > 89.

More risers:

Rohde FELIPE MATTIONI 72 > 83 - Increase + 11

José da Costa JUMAR 73 > 74 - Increase + 11

Bittencourt DANNY MORAIS 73 > 83 - Increase + 9

A excellent + 2 increase for Milhomem GUILHERME takes from from 87 > 89.

More risers:

Rohde FELIPE MATTIONI 72 > 83 - Increase + 11

José da Costa JUMAR 73 > 74 - Increase + 11

Bittencourt DANNY MORAIS 73 > 83 - Increase + 9

Not too sharp on the maths then:p :D jks;)

Glad to see that they have given Rafael Carioca a rise even though hes in Spartak on the DB:)

Wender Teco – CB – 26 – 84 – Gremio

Wender Teco has started 25 matches for Gremio this season, clocking up 2104 minutes, scoring 5 goals. 84-->87

This guy has dropped from 84 to 80. Also SM has him listed as a Cruzeiro player.

Wender Teco – CB – 26 – 84 – Gremio

Wender Teco has started 25 matches for Gremio this season' date=' clocking up 2104 minutes, scoring 5 goals. 84-->87

This guy has dropped from 84 to 80. Also SM has him listed as a Cruzeiro player.[/quote']

For anybody curious, there's a thread dedicated to this;

Click Here