Sign in to follow this  
Richard Wallace

TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Re: TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

On that subject' date=' he played a few more games after the last rating change before Enckelman started playing again.

Do you think he will rise from 80 to maybe 81?[/quote']

possibliy wouldnt bank on it

Henrique Renan Oliveira – AM/F – 18 – 75 – Atletico Mineiro

Henrique Renan Oliveira has made 28 appearances' date=' including 27 starts and 1 substitute appearance, clocking up 2215 minutes, scoring 6 goals. 75-->83[/quote']

Nice work mate, Oliveira went up by one more than you predicted. +9 to 84. :)

A few Brazilian players they seem to have missed

Jailton predicted +2 (no increase) compounded by annoying positional change (for me anyway :( )

Diguinho predicted +2 (no increase)

Bruno Aguiar predicted +5 (no increase)

Fabio predicted +5 (no increase and no club instead of Botafogo?)

Re: A few Brazilian players they seem to have missed

Jailton predicted +2 (no increase) compounded by annoying positional change (for me anyway :( )

Diguinho predicted +2 (no increase)

Bruno Aguiar predicted +5 (no increase)

Fabio predicted +5 (no increase and no club instead of Botafogo?)

With the amount of people on this list do you expect every single one to rise? Are the brazilian ratings even finished yet?

A truly outstanding thread, has helped me greatly with picking my team.

Just got rid of Dean Marney (hull) although I expect he will rise a little but hes just not performing for me. Sold him for 5.4 mil...who's the best RM/CM, RM/RB or RM to replace him for the same amount of money(ish).

Id prefer them to rise sooner rather than later as i have a cup match soon against Villareal!

A truly outstanding thread' date=' has helped me greatly with picking my team.

Just got rid of Dean Marney (hull) although I expect he will rise a little but hes just not performing for me. Sold him for 5.4 mil...who's the best RM/CM, RM/RB or RM to replace him for the same amount of money(ish).

Id prefer them to rise sooner rather than later as i have a cup match soon against Villareal![/quote']

You could try Blanco from Lanus, but he may be a little bit more expensive

Just though i should post my comments on the players you had predicted to rise from Arsenal. :)

Manuel Almunia – GK – 31 – 91 – Arsenal

Manuel Almunia' date=' the uncapped Spanish goalkeeper, has made 20 starts for Arsenal this season, clocking up 1808 minutes and playing every minute so far this season except for 15 due to being injured against Manchester United. 91-->92[/quote']

It has been picked up on already in the this thread and to tell you the truth i am not sure he will get a rise. He is a solid goalkeeper and his place appears to be very secure as he has the backing of Wenger but i just don't see him make enough fantastic saves to go up to 92. If he went up to 92 he would be ranked in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world on SM, would he be worthy of that place?? Level with David James, only one behind Reina. I don't think he would.

Mikael Silvestre – CB/LB – 31 – 87 – Arsenal

The Manchester United reject and one of the ugliest players in the world' date=' Mikael Silvestre has made 10 appearances for Arsenal so far this season, including 9 starts and 1 substitute appearance, totaling 823 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 87-->88[/quote']

I agree with this one, he has re captured some of his form at Arsenal and is basically the man to fill in when ever Arsenal have someone out of there standard back four. A very solid defender and deserves a rise now that he is playing regularly again, for a big club.

Pereira Neves Denilson – CM – 20 – 88 – Arsenal

Pereira Neves Denilson' date=' the extremely promising Brazilian central midfielder, has made 19 starts this season, clocking up 1665 minutes, scoring 3 goals, and is going to play an even bigger part for Arsenal as Francesc Fabregas is out injured for four months. 88-->90[/quote']

A few people around here have mixed opinions on this guy (especially Ben) but personally i think he is a good player. I think he is more of an agressive minded CM but while playing with Cesc he is forced to hang back more, so is playing in a role which isn't exactly him. But with Cesc out for a while we may start to see the best in him now. He is a regular for Arsenal this season and will get at least an 89 and a 90 like you said is definitely possible.

Alexandre Song-Billong – DM/CB – 21 – 86 – Arsenal

Alexandre Song-Billong has made 14 appearances so far this season' date=' including 11 starts and 3 substitute appearance, totaling 1016 minutes. 86-->87/88[/quote']

Once again i agree, and i think that what ever Denilson gets Song will be two points behind. :)

Great thread by the way

I was just wondering Tom, did u choose the best of the best for the list you made?

If so could any one tell me what Raffael who is a striker who plays for hertha BSC will rise by? i've rated him in my german ratings thread:http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=33620&highlight=german+ratings+08%2F09 and i've got him down for +1/2

He's current 88 and has played 15 games (1 sub) scoring 3 goals and 2 assists compared to pantellic (91) who has made 12 apps (3 sub) 4 goals and 2 assists.

Do people think that rise is ok?

Tom, fantastic work there, really helpful thankyou!

As a Southend fan who has been to most games this season, I thought I'd offer a bit of a tip:

Simon Francis – RB/RM – 23 – 77 – Southend United

Simon Francis has made 23 starts so far this season' date=' clocking up 2078 minutes as right back for Southend United, and was part of the team that drew against Chelsea. [b']77-->79[/b]

He has indeed been an everpresent in this seasons team, and I guess that's what will give him his rise. However, he didn't play against Chelsea, he was dropped for the first time this season and rightly so, as he's not been as good as he should be with his potential. He won't be in the team for a while now with Osei Sankofa performing really well at MK Dons, and twice against Chelsea. However he did come on against Chelsea in the replay.

Also to note:

Our French Striker Francis Laurent has performed really well and many Southend fans believe him to be a future star, in the Wanchope style. He has a weird running stance but has the best turn I've seen on any player, maybe with exception to Zidane. That is his main asset, his turn, but it's so useful, he skinned Ashley Cole twice in two attempts with it.

He's currently rated 73 and has 4 goals to his name. He had a little drop from the team when he got sent off, and is now injured for about 3 weeks. He's a future star in the lower leagues, I expect him to progress to at least Championship level, but only time will tell.

I'm no expert at this, but I'd estimate a rise from 73-76 would be probable.

Also, a player not yet listed in the game, Johnny Herd. The Left Back played both games against Chelsea at the age of 19, has had 5 starts and is now the clubs only left back, and I expect him to start every game he's fit for. I'd estimate he'll come in at 74/75, and is certainly one for the future. Dealt with Chelsea very well, especially considering he only started Sunday League football 4 years ago. I expect him to rise to 82 within a couple of years.

Also, we have a young startlet from West Ham on loan, winger Junior Stanislas. He also played both games against Chelsea and did himself no harm at all, getting the assist for the goal in the replay and skinning the world class players Chelsea have a few times. Seems like he could do well at West Ham and is highly regarded there. Expect something along the lines of Jack Collison. Currently rated 74 I expect him to rise to 77, and onwards and upwards from there.

Are the Mexican ratings done...?

coz quite a few Cruz Azul players haven't been rated till now.

They're done with it. I know, there's many players who dropped and i feel aweful and i hope the next changes are better

Guest drseanfitz

Dominic Shimmin – CB/RB – 21 – 73 – Greenock Morton

Dominic Shimmin' date=' the twenty-one-year-old English center back has made 15 starts this season, totaling 1320 minutes for Greenock Morton so far. [b']73-->75

Chris Smith – D – 20 – 64 – Greenock Morton[/b]

The versatile defender has made 13 starts this season, totaling 1120 minutes. Chris Smith is featuring in his debut season and is doing well for Morton. 64-->73

I started a post on smith 2 months ago(which soon became a smith & shimmin post) but when quizzed about ratings I wasn't able to tell people, so I am now able to direct to this wonderful thread. Thanks!!!!

can u name any defender who s rating will increase to 94 or 95 in this ratings change....

will pepe increase to 94 and wat abt marquez...

cuz i wanna trade nesta any good suggestions....

i already have puyol and terry and marquez

but makkin puyol play RB

can u name any defender who s rating will increase to 94 or 95 in this ratings change....

will pepe increase to 94 and wat abt marquez...

cuz i wanna trade nesta any good suggestions....

i already have puyol and terry and marquez

but makkin puyol play RB

chivu could rise - i know he missed some games but that was before the last change and he definitely deserves a 94 IMO

chivu could rise - i know he missed some games but that was before the last change and he definitely deserves a 94 IMO

burs, is Chivu back fit again now then? I know he was injured for quite a while, but is he back now?

It would be great news for me if he got 94.