Sign in to follow this  
Richard Wallace

TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

Re: TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special

burs' date=' is Chivu back fit again now then? I know he was injured for quite a while, but is he back now?

It would be great news for me if he got 94.[/quote']

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=10996&cc=5739

looks like he's been playing a bit recently - with those stats i doubt he'll get a 94 now, but for me he has the ability and quality to be a 94, but his fitness is holding him back at the moment

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=10996&cc=5739

looks like he's been playing a bit recently - with those stats i doubt he'll get a 94 now' date=' but for me he has the ability and quality to be a 94, but his fitness is holding him back at the moment[/quote']

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

A great read m8, and looking at most of these players in the database, they more or less got the rating increase you predicted, i wish i new about this post when it first came out, but it dont matter, i still get alot of quality youngsters ;) and they do there jobs for me :D

Must have taken alot of time to do this, whats the chances of you either updating, or making a new list :D

good luck m8, great thread, will add rep for all your hard work!

I visit this forum regularly and I have only just come accross this thread. I am so annoyed. So many more players I could of got hold of and developed my teams further. AMAZING THREAD:eek:.

Please do a summer adition :D

I visit this forum regularly and I have only just come accross this thread. I am so annoyed. So many more players I could of got hold of and developed my teams further. AMAZING THREAD:eek:.

Please do a summer adition :D

It's a legendary thread, suprise you haven't seen it. Did you hear Berbatov signed for Man U? :D

Seriously tho, A new Tom Owen masterpiece is overdue, but it is exam time I believe ...... maybe next month he'll have time .......

It's a legendary thread' date=' suprise you haven't seen it. Did you hear Berbatov signed for Man U? :D

Seriously tho, A new Tom Owen masterpiece is overdue, but it is exam time I believe ...... maybe next month he'll have time .......[/quote']

Sweet, yeh it must be because Ive got a sh!t load of exams coming up. haha

Thanks Ken. Don't worry' date=' there will be one more of these at the end of 2009 and going into 2010 and that's my scouting reports for the year. Maybe one in summer as well...[/quote']

Calling TomOwen...calling TomOwen...you are required on the forum floor to provide another superpost...

Calling TomOwen...calling TomOwen...you are required on the forum floor to provide another superpost...

Indeed, although I haven't seen him around in ages. IMO This was the best single piece of mass scouting ever, and the likes of it are likely to be never seen again. I remember this thread literally earning me hundreds of millions of £s across my teams last year!

Sorry for digging this five year old thread up, but I was just revisiting the forum after a long time away from the forum and stumbled accross this thread that I wrote back then. It brought back some good memories! You guys probably don't remember me, but I hope some of you do.

I was just re-reading through this and thought that wow, five years has made a huge difference, and it is quite interesting to see how some of these players rated five years ago. Of course, for every one of these success stories, there's a Ched Evans or a Dirk Marcellis.

Sergio Romero – GK – 21 – 85 – AZ Alkmaar

Sergio Romero has taken the number one goalkeeper slot for AZ Alkmaar. Is doing extremely well' date=' making great saves consistently to put AZ Alkmaar top of the table. Has managed to keep an amazing 10 clean sheets in 15 games, conceding only 10 goals in total so far, Sergio Romero could definitely be hoping for a spot in the Argentina National Team very soon and is set to rise to 88. [b']85-->88[/b]

Niklas Moisander – LB – 23 – 79 – AZ Alkmaar

Niklas Moisander has now taken the starting left back position at AZ Alkmaar. Already started thirteen matches, clocking up over eleven hundred minutes, 1188 to be exact, and has also managed to score a goal. The Finnish left back is set to rise to at least 85. 79-->85

Hector Moreno – CB – 20 – 85 – AZ Alkmaar

He is one of the only Mexican defenders to ever move to Europe, and the future seems bright for Moreno, as he’s played the most out of the whole AZ Alkmaar back line, 1234 minutes in 15 games. Rise to 87 for the centre back. 85-->87

Kenneth Vermeer – GK - 22 – 83 – Ajax Amsterdam

Kenneth Vermeer has suddenly taken the first spot from Maarten Stekelenburg. Kenneth Vermeer is second string goalkeeper, but has managed to play 11 games so far, clocking up 1006 minutes. He is set for a decent rise, to around 86. 83-->86

Jan Vertonghen – D/DM – 21 – 88 – Ajax Amsterdam

Has been a key figure in Ajax’s defence in the past few seasons, and Jan Vertonghen is surely 90 material. He could easily rise there, if SM are generous, but a rise to 89 is definitely quite likely. The versatile defender has scored 3 goals in his 15 appearances so far. 88-->89/90

Gregory Van Der Wiel – CB – 20 – 82 – Ajax Amsterdam

Gregory Van Der Wiel seems to have been able to claim a position in the back four in one of Holland’s best teams. Gregory Van Der Wiel will rise to above 85 due to the fact that he plays alongside two 88’s and an 87 in the back line, a rise to 86 would definitely be possible. 82-->86

Alberto Luis Suarez - F - 21 - 89 - Ajax Amsterdam

Alberto Luis Suarez, the Uruguayan twenty-one-year-old forward has made 16 appearances so far this season, totaling 1384 minutes and scoring 10 goals, averaging a goal every 138 minutes and with Klaas Jan Huntelaar leaving to Real Madrid, Alberto Luis Suarez will be the main striker. 89-->90

Leroy Fer – RB/RM – 18 – 82 – Feyernoord

In an extremely under-achieving Feyernoord, Leroy Fer is a rare high point. A new find from last season, Leroy Fer has progressed into one of the best right backs in Holland, and a future right back in the Dutch National Team, a team with mediocre defenders like Khalid Boulahrouz. With 14 appearances and 1125 minutes as well as 3 goals, Leroy Fer is set to rise to 86. 82-->86

Georgino Wijnaldum – CM/AM – 18 – 82 – Feyernoord

Georgino Wijnaldum is one of Holland’s biggest prospects and has already established and cemented his position at Feyernoord, in the heart of midfield, scoring one goal in 1297 minutes in 15 appearances. 82-->86

Kevin Strootman – AM/LM – 18 – 73 – Sparta Rotterdam

Born in 1990, Kevin Strootman should be finishing school, not playing football. But if you’re a great prospect, you’d probably choose football. 12 starts and 1027 minutes along with a goal, Kevin Strootman is making his name and getting him a +9 rise to 82. 73-->82

Ricky van Wolfswinkel – F – 19 – 72 – Vitesse Arnhem

Another new star at Vitesse Arnhem. The club’s top goalscorer alongside Nicky Hofs and Santi Kolk whom are both rated at 87 at the moment. 1187 minutes and 3 goals as well as fifteen appearances, van Wolfswinkel is heading for a huge rating rise, probably to 84. 72-->84

Alexander Buttner – F/W – 19 – 73 – Vitesse Arnhem

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel’s striker partner hasn’t done as well as he does, but still deserves credit and applause in his first season at Vitesse Arnhem. 14 matches and 972 minutes, he is going to get a rise to at least 82 and van Wolfswinkel and Buttner could be the new deadly strike partnership of Holland in the near future. 73-->82

Luiz Gustavo – DM – 21 – 85 – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Luiz Gustavo has proved himself to be an indispensable figure in the holding midfielder position. Only 21, yet he has already created a name, playing fifteen matches, totaling 1226 minutes and a rise to 87 for the defensive midfielder. 85-->87

Marques Carlos Eduardo – AM/LM – 21- 85 – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

He makes a great partnership with fellow Brazilian Luiz Gustavo in central midfield, creating a diamond formation. The attacking-minded midfielder has scored four goals so far this season in 1192 minutes, a goal every 298 minutes, and Carlos Eduardo has played in fifteen games. 85-->87

Demba Ba – CF – 23 – 85 – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Whilst the press are always talking about Vedad Ibisevic scoring, you can not deny what Demba Ba has done for TSG Hoffenheim this season. One of the only three to have started all seventeen matches, Demba Ba has netted 7 times in his 1494 minutes, averaging a goal every 213 minutes. 85-->87/88

Neven Subotic – CB – 20 – 85 – Borussia Dortmund

Neven Subotic is, incredibly, Borussia Dortmund’s top goalscorer at the moment. Five goals in 17 starts in 1547 minutes, Neven Subotic has proved himself to be Borussia Dortmund’s most impressive player at the moment. Neven Subotic has every chance to reach 90 by the end of the season, currently a rise to 88 wouldn’t be out of hand. 85-->88

Mats Hummels – CB – 20 – 84 – Borussia Dortmund

Mats Hummels is creating a rock hard defense partnership with Neven Subotic. 11 starts and one substitute appearance and almost 1000 minutes, Mats Hummels is doing incredibly well at Borussia Dortmund after being dumped by Bayern Munchen, and is set to rise to 86. 84-->86

Marcel Schmelzer – LB – 20 – 80 – Borussia Dortmund

Whilst first choice left back Dede is plagued with injury, Marcel Schmelzer has quickly proven himself to be a good backup, and is now proving that he merits a place in the starting line-up. With this performance, surely Schmelzer deserves an 84? 80-->84

Benedikt Howedes – CB/LB – 20 – 82 – FC Schalke 04

With Heiko Westermann, Marcelo Jose Bordon and Marcio Rafinha taking the three of the four defensive positions, it is between Mladen Krstajic, Christian Pander and Benedkit Howedes and it’s the youngster, Howedes, that’s proving the most. Playing 11 matches, a total of 750 minutes and a goal, Howedes has every chance of keeping his position in the 4-4-2 formation and gain a rating increase to 85. 82-->85

Sidney Sam – W/F – 20 – 78 – 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Sidney Sam is performing extremely well at Kaiserslautern after not making a great impact at Hamburger SV. Sidney Sam has started ten matches this season, coming on as a sub four times and clocked up 972 minutes, he deserves a rise to at least 81. 78-->81

Omer Toprak – CB – 19 – 75 – SC Freiburg

The Turkish born German defender is making a good impression at SC Freiburg. He has started thirteen games this season, a sub appearance and scored twice, and deserves a rise to at least 82. 75-->82

Lewis Holtby – F/AM – 18 – 76 – Alemannia Aachen

Whilst Benjamin Auer is the top goalscorer with nine goals so far, sitting third in the top goalscorer table, Lewis Holtby has done a great job competing against more experienced players like Szilard Nemeth and Markus Daun. Lewis Holtby has managed to play fifteen matches, clocking up 917 minutes and score once, deserving a rise to 80. 76-->80

Marco Reus – AM – 19 – 76 – Rot-Weiss Ahlen

Marco Reus has made eleven starts and two substitute appearances so far this season, scoring twice in the 1027 minutes on the field. Rise from 76 to 79. 76-->79

Sven Bender – CM/DM – 19 – 82 – TSV 1860 Munchen

One of the Bender twins, Sven Bender has outplayed his brother Lars in every front this season. 12 starts and 3 sub appearances, totaling 1149 minutes, Sven Bender deserves a rise to 84, above his brother. 82-->84

Nikica Jelavic – CF – 23 – 82 – SK Rapid Wien

19 appearances this season, including 6 starts and 13 sub appearances, totaling 737 minutes and 6 goals, including a hat-trick against SCR Altach in a 5-1 win. 82-->84

Ideye Brown – CF – 20 – 78 – Neuchatel Xamax

The hot prospect has played 16 out of 18 matches this season, starting 15 of them. Clocking up 1257 minutes, the young striker has managed to score 5 goals, averaging a goal every 251 minutes. 78-->82

Juan Forlin – CB – 20 – 71- Boca Juniors

Juan Forlin has started 6 matches and was used as a substitute once this season, clocking up 551 minutes and scoring one goal. 71-->80

Osvaldo Nicolas Gaitan – CM – 20 – 72 – Boca Juniors

The hot prospect has not started a single match this season but has had 14 substitute appearances, clocking up 407 minutes and has also scored 4 goals, averaging a goal every 102 minutes. 72-->80

Eduardo Salvio – F/W – 18 – 76 – Lanus

Eduardo Salvio has started 12 matches this season, totaling 1021 minutes, scoring 4 goals. 76-->83

Franco Zuculini – RM – 18 – 78 – Racing Club

Franco Zuculini has started 17 matches and come on as a sub once, clocking up 1435 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 78-->84

Pereira Rafael Carioca – CM/DM – 19 – 80 – Gremio

Rafael Carioca has started 35 games and came on as a substitute once, and nominated for best central midfielder of the season and has been awarded with signature on a contract from Spartak Moskva for next season. 80-->87

Santos Ramires – CM/DM – 21 – 88 – Cruzeiro

Santos Ramires has started 25 out of a possible 38 games, clocking up 2198 minutes, scoring 6 goals for Cruzeiro, a record that would have been bigger if Santos Ramires did not play in the Olympics in Beijing in August. Santos Ramires was also nominated for best central midfielder of the year. 88-->89

Valdez Efrain Juarez – CB/RB – 20 – 74 – UNAM Pumas

The ex-Barcelona player who never did much in Spain has played in all 17 matches this season, starting 16 and coming on as a sub once, totaling 1463 minutes. 74-->85

Javier Hernandez – F – 20 – 78 – Chivas de Guadalajara

The young striker has made 10 appearances, including 4 starts, totaling 402 minutes. 78-->82

Moussa Sow – F/AM – 22 – 83 – Rennes

Moussa Sow has made 14 appearances this season, starting 6 and coming on as a substitute 8 times, clocking up 556 minutes, scoring 3 goals. 83-->85

Conceicao Emerson – LB/CB – 22 – 80 – Lille

Conceicao Emerson has made 16 appearances this season, including 10 starts and 6 substitute appearances, totaling 1038 minutes. 80-->85

Eden Hazard – AM – 17 – 75 – Lille

The young Belgian playmaker has made 11 appearances this season, totaling 258 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 75-->80

Cheikh M’Bengue – CB/LB – 20 – 76 – Toulouse

The young center back has made 13 appearances this season, including 9 starts, clocking up 855 minutes. 76-->83

Etienne Capoue – DM – 20 – 82 – Toulouse

Etienne Capoue has made 14 appearances this season, including 13 starts and 1 substitute appearance, totaling 1210 minutes, scoring 1 goal, 82-->85

Sofiane Feghouli – AM – 18 – 83 – Grenoble

Sofiane Feghouli has made 17 appearances this season, including 15 starts and 2 substitute appearances, totaling 1214 minutes. 83-->85

Nicolas N’Koulou – CB/LB – 18 – 77 – Monaco

The Cameroonian center back and left back has had 10 starts this season, totaling 884 minutes on the field. 77-->82

Alfred N’Diaye – CM/DM – 18 – 74 – Nancy

Alfred N’Diaye has made 9 appearances, including 6 starts and 3 substitute appearances, clocking up 527 minutes. 74-->82

Marvin Martin – CM/AM – 20 – 74 – Sochaux

The young French central midfielder has made 12 appearances this season, including 9 starts and 3 substitute appearances, totaling 751 minutes. 74-->82

Mapou Yanga-Mwiba – RB/CB – 19 – 81 – Montpellier

Mapou Yanga-Mwiba has made 14 appearances, in which 12 are starts and 2 are substitute appearances, totaling 1145 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 81-->83

Laurent Koscielny – D – 23 – 81 – Tours

Laurent Koscielny has made 15 starts, clocking up 1369 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 81-->83

Olivier Giroud – CF – 22 – 78 – Tours

Olivier Giroud has started 9 matches, clocking up 757 minutes and scoring 3 goals. 78-->80

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – F – 19 – 78 – Dijon FCO

The young Gabonese striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has made 17 appearances this season, including 13 starts and 4 substitute appearances, totaling 1153 minutes and scoring 5 goals, averaging a goal every 231 minutes. 78-->82

Claudio Marchisio – CM/DM – 22 – 87 – Juventus

The young central midfielder has made 10 appearances this season, including 9 starts and 1 substitute appearance, totaling 883 minutes. 87-->88

Salvatore Bocchetti – CB/LB – 22 – 84 – Genoa

The young and promising Italian defender has made 12 appearnaces, including 8 starts and 4 substitute appearances, totaling 885 minutes. 84-->87

Edison Cavani – CF – 21 – 88 – Palermo

Following Carvalha Amauri’s departure to Juventus this summer, Edison Cavani has taken the first team spot at Palermo, proving so with 16 appearances, including 15 starts and 1 substitute appearance, clocking up 1442 minutes, scoring 5 goals. 88-->89/90

Mauricio Isla – DM/CB – 20 – 86 – Udinese

Mauricio Isla has made 13 appearances, including 12 starts and 1 substitute appearance, totaling 1132 minutes, proving himself to be one of the most promising Chilean defenders at the moment. 86-->88

Angelo Ogbonna – CB – 20 – 78 – Torino

The young Italian center back, Angelo Ogbonna has made 9 appearances this season, including 4 starts and 5 substitute appearances, clocking up 500 minutes. 78-->83

Antonio Candreva – DM/CM – 21 – 80 – Livorno

Antonio Candreva has made 14 appearances this season, including 8 starts and 6 substitute appearances, clocking up 769 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 80-->82

Andrea Poli – CM/RM – 19 – 77 - Sassuolo

The young central midfielder, Andrea Poli, has made 10 appearances, including 6 starts and 4 substitute appearances, totaling 488 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 77-->80

Radja Nainggolan – RM/AM – 20 – 78 – Piacenza

The Belgian youngster, Radja Nainggolan, has made a full 19 starts so far this season, totaling 1655 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 78-->82

Gerard Pique – CB/DM – 21 – 88 – Barcelona

Gerard Pique has made 10 starts, clocking up 895 minutes this season, better than Martin Caceres and injured Gabriel Milito. 88-->89/90

Burgos Sergio Busquets – DM/CM – 20 – 85 – Barcelona

Burgos Sergio Busquets has made 8 appearances this season, including 5 starts and 3 substitute appearances, totaling 511 minutes. 85-->87

Juan Manuel Mata – W/F – 20 – 89 – Valencia

Juan Manuel Mata, the player that graduated out of Real Madrid Castilla, has made 16 starts, clocking up 1347 minutes, scoring 5 goals. 89-->90

Gonzalo Higuain – F/W – 21 – 90 – Real Madrid

Gonzalo Higuain has made 14 starts, clocking up 1179 minutes, scoring 11 goals. 90-->91

Jose Maria Callejon – F – 21 – 80 – RCD Espanyol

Jose Maria Callejon has made 9 appearances this season, including 3 starts and 6 substitute appearances, totaling 318 minutes. 80-->83

Tanco Cesar Azpilicueta – RB/RM – 19 – 87 – Osasuna

Tanco Cesar Azpilicueta has made 15 starts, totaling 1330 minutes for Osasuna, playing the most for his club apart from one player. 87-->88

Lopez Emilio Nsue – F – 19 – 75 – Castellon

Lopez Emilio Nsue has made 15 appearances, starting 9 games and coming on as a substitute 6 times, clocking up 966 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 75-->82

Mohamed Diame – CM/DM – 21 – 81 – Rayo Vallecano

Mohamed Diame has made 17 starts this season, the only outfield player to do so, clocking up 1538 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 81-->83

Ramos Jordi Alba – LM/W – 19 – 75 – Gimnastic

Ramos Jordi Alba has made 12 appearances this season for Gimnastic, out of a possible 17 matches, starting 4 games and coming on as a substitute on 8 occassions, totaling 489 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 75-->80

Pereira Da Silva Rafael – RB/RM – 18 – 77 – Manchester United

Pereira da Silva Rafael, one of the two twins, has made 8 appearances this season, including 6 starts and 2 substitute appearances, totaling 523 minutes, scoring 1 goal for Manchester United. 77-->85

Alexandre Song-Billong – DM/CB – 21 – 86 – Arsenal

Alexandre Song-Billong has made 14 appearances so far this season, including 11 starts and 3 substitute appearance, totaling 1016 minutes. 86-->87/88

Jack Collins – CM – 20 – 74 – West Ham United

Jack Collins has made 7 appearances for West Ham United, including 5 starts and 2 substitute appearances, totaling 555 minutes, scoring 2 goals. 74-->82

Daniel Sturridge – F – 19 – 83 – Manchester City

Daniel Sturridge has made 12 appearances this season, including 2 starts and 10 substitute appearances, clocking up 315 minutes, scoring 3 goals. 83-->85

Nathaniel Clyne – RB – 17 – 75 – Crystal Palace

The promising English right back, Nathaniel Clyne has made 10 starts this season, clocking up 917 minutes. 75-->80

Victor Moses – W/F – 18 – 80 – Crystal Palace

Victor Moses has made 13 appearances so far this season for Crystal Palace, including 7 starts and 6 substitute appearances, totalling 728 minutes, scoring 1 goal. 80-->82

Angel Rangel – RB – 26 – 80 – Swansea City

Angel Rangel, the Spanish right back has made 25 appearances so far this season, including 24 starts and 1 substitute appearance, totaling 2228 minutes. 80-->82

Garcia-Penche Jordi Gomez – CM – 23 – 78 – Swansea City

The Spanish central midfielder plying his trade in England, Garcia-Pence Jordi Gomez has made 24 appearances this season, including 18 starts and 6 substitute appearances, totaling 1773 minutes, scoring 6 goals. 78-->82

Scott Dann – CB – 21 – 81- Coventry City

Scott Dann, the twenty-one-year-old center back has made 20 appearances so far this season, all starts, clocking up 1775 minutes and scoring 1 goal. 81-->83

Ryan Bertrand – LB/LM – 19 – 80 – Norwich City

Ryan Bertrand, the promising English nineteen-year-old has made 22 appearances so far this season for Norwich City, all starts, clocking up 1963 minutes. 80-->82

Adam Lallana – AM/F – 20 – 78 – Southampton

Adam Lallana has made 23 starts so far this season, totaling 2055 minutes and scoring 1 goal for the docklands club. 78-->80

Fabian Delph – CM – 19 – 75 – Leeds United

Fabian Delph, the extremely promising nineteen-year-old English central midfielder has made 21 appearances so far this season, including 19 starts and 2 substitute appearances, totaling 1695 minutes and scoring 5 goals, averaging a goal every 339 minutes. 75-->79

Robert Snodgrass – F – 21 – 76 – Leeds United

Robert Snodgrass, the twenty-one-year-old Scottish striker has made 21 appearances so far this season, including 8 starts and 13 substitute appearances, totaling 919 minutes and scoring 4 goals. 76-->79

Anyway, was just dropping by - seems like the forum has changed a lot in the past five years, the only person I truly remember/knew that is still here is Insider I think, but I do hope that you guys are enjoying the game as much as I did!

Sorry, was just reminiscing, hope you don't mind that too much!

Tom

Sorry for digging this five year old thread up' date=' but I was just revisiting the forum after a long time away from the forum and stumbled accross this thread that I wrote back then. It brought back some good memories! You guys probably don't remember me, but I hope some of you do.

I was just re-reading through this and thought that wow, five years has made a huge difference, and it is quite interesting to see how some of these players rated five years ago. Of course, for every one of these success stories, there's a Ched Evans or a Dirk Marcellis.

Anyway, was just dropping by - seems like the forum has changed a lot in the past five years, the only person I truly remember/knew that is still here is Insider I think, but I do hope that you guys are enjoying the game as much as I did!

Sorry, was just reminiscing, hope you don't mind that too much!

Tom[/quote']

Welcome back Mate.

I remember when the forum was full of threads like this. The game used to really exciting andmy favourite thing was taking a team from Div 4 to Div 1 buying and selling all the risers. Unfortunately the game has taken bit of a dive recently with the database becoming bit of a joke. We had a response from a moderator last week admitting that they had let things slip and would adddress it. Fingers crossed they do.

Great to have you back and hopefully people will start threads like yours again.

Welcome back Mate.

I remember when the forum was full of threads like this. The game used to really exciting andmy favourite thing was taking a team from Div 4 to Div 1 buying and selling all the risers. Unfortunately the game has taken bit of a dive recently with the database becoming bit of a joke. We had a response from a moderator last week admitting that they had let things slip and would adddress it. Fingers crossed they do.

Great to have you back and hopefully people will start threads like yours again.

I think the mods have to come back with a rating schedule if anything like this is to ever return - it's not worthwile compiling something like this for half the changes to happen during the compilation. The scouting forums are very unlike what they used to be in 2009' date=' which is a great shame, but hopefully things may get better.

Hey Tom, I wasn't a forumer back when you were active, but welcome back!

That list of yours is remarkable. It's just amazing to see where most of those players are right now, rating wise.

Well, I took a quick look through and highlighted some of the better players on the list now, it's pretty amazing to see how lowly rated the likes of Kevin Strootman or Marco Reus were five years ago - it's actually amazing to see them jump 20 rating points in the past 5 years.

Wow' date='welcome back Tom. This is such legendary thread. I remember visiting this thread when i first joined forum and this thread show what SM forum like during its peak[/quote']

Thanks mate. I just have a feeling that the heydays have gone by and won't return for a while.

I think the mods have to come back with a rating schedule if anything like this is to ever return - it's not worthwile compiling something like this for half the changes to happen during the compilation. The scouting forums are very unlike what they used to be in 2009' date=' which is a great shame, but hopefully things may get better.

Thanks mate. I just have a feeling that the heydays have gone by and won't return for a while.[/quote']

first time i've been on theforum for ages, for all the reasons you state. it has got very dull just randomly waiting for rises...

Hi Tom

Welcome back!

Thanks for rekindling memories of a great era of the game.

It seems in an effort to add ever more bells and whistles to the game, the designers lost sight of some of the really special aspects of the game which made reading threads like yours such a compelling part of the SM experience.

Cheers!