My English Championship 2883 Sunderland Challenge

Guest cabbytoodles

Guest cabbytoodles

Hello! I took over Sunderland in the newly created English Championship 2883. I plan to transform Sunderland into a Premiership force hopefully. With the right tactics and some decent players, I wouldn't rule out a top six finish. :P Stay tuned!

Caleb

Guest cabbytoodles

Re: My English Championship 2883 Sunderland Challenge

76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland appoints Caleb as new manager!

English minnows Sunderland have appointed Caleb as their new manager following the shock resignation of previous manager Ricky Sbragia due to personal reasons. The English club were said to be looking for someone young with passion and Caleb fitted the bill, hence his appointment, a statement on the club website read.

Said Caleb to the media upon his unveiling at the Stadium of Light.

"I'm pleased with the chance to work with a club like Sunderland. I feel that a top six finish is something very well within our reach and we'll be looking to achieve that with a team filled with youth and experience. Playing the right the of football for the fans will be my aim too. To be frank, most of our current players aren't good enough to bring the club to the next level. It is with my deepest regret that I have informed them to seek greener pastures."
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

5 players shown the door at the Stadium Of Light.

New manager Caleb was clearly not in the mood for hospitalities as he sold off 5 players within hours after being unveiled to the media. The players sold were said to be not short of suitors, who flooded the Sunderland board with proposed bids after the players were stuck on the transfer list. The players who were offloaded were believed to be defensive duo Danny Collins and Pascal Chimbonda. Midfielders Teemu Taino and Steed Malbranque and forward Rade Prica were also sold.

1749_1209755861.jpg

Danny Collins was sold for £5.0M to 1. FC Kaiserslautern.

718_1209755861.jpg

Steed Malbranque moved to Mexico to join UNAL in a £8.2M move.

1861_1209755861.jpg

Teemu Taino moves to Greek side Olympiacos in a deal rumored to be £5.8M

7946_1212123845.jpg

Rade Prica swapped England for France, joining Grenoble for £3.4M

1998_1209755861.jpg

Pascal Chimbonda moved to fellow English side Bristol City in a whopping £12.0M deal.

Guest cabbytoodles

Look forward to see how you do mate.

Good luck!!

Thanks mate. Always nice to know that people do read my thread. Cheers buddy. :o

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Caleb: Sunderland in talks with several "world-class" stars

Stadium_of_Light2.jpg

Sunderland's Stadium of Light. Rumors have it that several big name players are drawn to the Caleb revolution at Sunderland.

Ambitious Sunderland gaffer Caleb has revealed that following the sale of players, he now has a significant amount of cash to splash in the transfer market.

Said Caleb to goal.com.

"Oh yes. It's about time the Chelseas and Manchester Uniteds start looking over their shoulders. Our chairman has been really supportive of me, pledging to back me in whatever funds I should need. We are also currently in talks with several superstars, whose names I've decided not to reveal for understandable reasons. Should they arrive, I believe, attendances at the Stadium of Light will soar."
Guest cabbytoodles

No problem mate. Anyways i'm from Sunderland so i'll be interested to see how you do.

If you want another challenge join my setup aswell. Only 1 game into new season :D.

Cool. If you create a thread for your Sunderland do let me know. So i can subscribe to it too. Good luck. My first game is on 10th January. Against Spurs :rolleyes:

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Mass clearance continues as 5 more players bid Sunderland goodbye!

Sunderland continue their offloading of players, with three forwards El Hadji Diouf, David Healy and Daryl Murphy leaving the Stadium of Light. Former Manchester United player Kieran Richardson departed for Arsenal while reserve goalkeeper Martin Fulop bade Sunderland goodbye too.

163_1213839441.jpg

El Hadji Diour decided to further his career in Dernmark, with FC Kopenhagen signing him for £7.8M.

1765_1209755861.jpg

SK Sturm Graz signed Daryl Murphy in a £3.5M move.

916_1209755861.jpg

Ipatinga swooped for David Healy, forking out a fee in the region of £3.5M.

1838_1209755861.jpg

Puerto Montt paid £2.2M to secure the services of Martin Fulop.

1125_1223127923.jpg

Arsenal swooped in and offered £12.0M for Kieran Richardson.

Guest cabbytoodles

Have you signed anyone yet mate???

Bit risky letting all your players go if you've got no-one to replace them. :P

Haha mate. I got a trick or two up my sleeve. HINT HINT. I want to sell off my players first so when I get in 90s, my current player's chairman valuation won't drop :P

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Caleb reveals three more players leaving Sunderland!

Sunderland boss Caleb obviously hasn't had enough of mass clearance. He earlier today revealed to the media that bids for strikers Dijbril Cisse and Kewyne Jones have been accepted. Veteran defender Russell Anderson was also rumoured to have a bid accepted for him. All three will now leave Sunderland, subject to medicals at their new clubs.

1014_1224427084.jpg

Dijbril Cisse gets ready for life in Ukraine. Dynamo Kyiv have had a £12.5M bid for him accepted.

1685_1230733395.jpg

Kenwyne Jones is set to don a different red jersey. He will join Charlton in a £7.0M million deal.

4843_1209755861.jpg

Russell Anderson is set for a £3.1M move to Bastia.

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Caleb: Sunderland are looking to get in a forward or two... Quickly!

Sunderland new manager Caleb has revealed that Sunderland are facing a mini-crisis up front after the massive clearance of their forwards. With their season opener against Tottenham Hotspur coming up in less than four days, fans are now pressuring Caleb to secure the services of a new striker, in time for kick-off.

Said Caleb to the BBC Sport.

"I'm feeling a little heat to be honest. Right now, our lack of options up front have been giving me a little headache. The board and I have been working doubly hard in trying to secure several signings in time for our season opener."

When pressed if he was too quick to sell his players before securing a replacement. Caleb shot back.

"Just leave me to do my job will you? I've got everything planned."

Rumours continue to swirl around the Stadium of Light, with stars like Samuel Eto'o, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lionel Messi all linked to Sunderland. The Guardian Newspaper have spetaculated that a more realistic target for Sunderland would be Gilardino of Fiorentina.
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland part ways with George McCartney!

English minnows Sunderland have parted ways with Northen Irish left-back George McCartney, a statement on the club's website announced early this morning.

Caleb was said to be not McCartney's biggest fan, hence offloading him to Newcastle for a deal rumoured to be in the region of £11 million.

1751_1209755861.jpg

George McCartney moves to Newcastle in £11.1M deal.

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland sign Gianluigi Buffon!

_42736157_football_416.jpg

Buffon practicing his saves during this morning's training session.

Sunderland has stunned the footballing world by sealing the deal for arguably the best goalkeeper in the world, Buffon. Buffon, 30, was said to be lured by Caleb's idea of turning unfashionable Sunderland into a premiership force.

The deal bring Gianluigi Buffon to the Stadium of Light was thought to be around £23.7 million. Said Caleb upon the unveiling of Buffon.

"I'm glad we snapped him up. Hopefully, this signing will signal to fans my seriousness and the support the board has been giving me. We are currently in negotiations with a couple of players and I hope to be able to unveil them soon. Meanwhile, Buffon will be handed the No.1 Jersey for the upcoming season."

Meanwhile, Scottish keeper Craig Gordon's future at the club looked increasingly bleak following the arrival of Buffon.
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Caleb confirms Anton Ferdinand departure.

Sunderland manager Caleb has confirmed that English defender Anton Ferdinand has left the club to join Arsenal in a deal rumored at £11 million.

Said Caleb, "I thank Anton for his services to the club and wish him all the best for the future."

1975_1209755861.jpg

Anton Ferdinand moves to Arsenal in a £11.0M deal.

Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Argentina international Martin Demichelis arrives from Bayern Munich!

demichelis_aberdeen_468x345.jpg

Demichelis (L) is expected to provide some steel to the Sunderland backline.

Sunderland has announced the capture of Martin Demichelis on their club's website today. Caleb was said to be a keen admirer of the tough-tackling 28-year-old and the club moved swiftly and secured the signature of the Argentina international.

Said Demichelis to the media outside Sunderland's training ground.

"I'm happy to be at Sunderland. My aim would be to help Sunderland punch above their weight this season. Part of the reason I joined was due to the manager Caleb who assured me I was needed and that he planned to bring Sunderland in scaling greater heights. "

The deal bringing the defender to the Stadium of Light was revealed to be a swap deal involving Scottish goalkeeper Craig Gordon. A further 2 million was also thrown in to sweeten the deal.
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland signs two more defenders!

340x.jpg340x.jpg

From Left: Grygera and Joris Mathijsen arrives at Sunderland as Caleb's third and fourth signings.

Sunderland have unveiled two more signings as their season opener against Tottenham Hotspur looms. Czech right-back Grygera signs from Juventus for £7.8 million while Hamburg sold Joris Mathijsen to Sunderland for £7.9 million.

Said Caleb on his latest recruits.

"I'm happy Sunderland managed to sign players of their calibre. Hopefully, the fans can see my intentions for the club by now and I assure them, the board and I are working round the clock to bring in quality players. More signings will arrive in due time, I promise."
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland signs Luis Fabiano for £15.9 million.

uefa_final_002_470x328.jpg

Sunderland fans will be hoping to see more scenes like this from Fabiano at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland have completed the signing of Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano for a hefty fee believed to be in the region of £15 million.

"He's of the right quality and he's the type of player we need to attract," said Sunderland boss Caleb.

The capture of 28-year-old Fabiano means Caleb has now splurged £58 million in the transfer market since taking over the reins at Sunderland.
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Nuno Maniche arrives at Sunderland in £6.8 million move.

610x.jpg

Portuguese Maniche (L) brings with him a whole wealth of experience.

Caleb has handed new signing Nuno Maniche the No. 6 Jersey for the upcoming season. The move bringing the Portuguese midfielder to the Stadium of Light was thought to be close to 7 million.

Maniche was one happy man when the media caught up with him.

"I'm happy to be able to play in arguably the world's best league. Everton were keen on me too and although they offered me more money, I feel I made the right choice coming to Sunderland. I can't wait to play under Caleb."

Maniche has played for several of Europe's elite clubs in the past. Namely Chelsea and Inter Milan.
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Transfer shocker: Messi signs for Sunderland!

barcamanu5PA_468x554.jpg

Sunderland now boast arguably the best player in the world. Lionel Messi (L)

In arguably the biggest shock of the current transfer market, English side Sunderland has sealed the deal for Argentine wonderkid Lionel Messi. The deal bringing the 21-year-old player from Barcelona was confirmed by club officials as £44.7 million.

Messi revealed his reasons behind his move.

"I know people are questioning me after Robinho moved to Man City in similar fashion but failed to improve Man City's level of football. I believe I can be different. With Caleb, Sunderland has really showed their intent, snapping up players like Buffon, Fabiano and now me. I hope that in time, Sunderland will be up there with the Premiership elite teams. I can't wait to play against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday."

Caleb has confirmed that Messi will be handed the No. 10 Jersey.

"No.10 belongs to Messi no doubt. I'll not say he is our Messiah or anything. I prefer a team effort. But there's no questioning the class of Messi though. I hope he will do well for us."

Rumours are making their rounds linking Sunderland to Kaka, Xavi and Ribery.

To these, Caleb had this to say.

"I'll not rule out a move for any of the above mentioned players. What I'll disclose is that, we, have, plenty of cash more to spend."
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Caleb reveals Buffon will be the captain for the season!

_41848012_buffon_getty416.jpg

Buffon (L). Tough and reliable, the new captain of Sunderland.

Caleb has appointed Italian goalkeeper Buffon as his new captain following his taking over the reins one week ago. Caleb was said to be keen on appointing someone who is vocal and a good attitude and experienced custodian Buffon was said to have impressed him.

Said Caleb to the club's website, manutd.com.

"Buffon is a lad with great leadership capabilities. I've no doubt he'll be the right man to lead the team."

The Soccermanager Times also managed to catch up with BUffon and get what the 30-year-old Italian had to say on this.

"Oh I'm surprised and pleased. Now that I'm entrusted with this responsibility, it'll be a great honor to lead my team out to matches. I'll definitely give my all for the squad."
Guest cabbytoodles

76_1200385608.gif

Xavi completes switch from Barcelona to Sunderland.

empicspa460276.jpg

Hernandez Xavi is expected to be the heartbeat of the Sunderland midfield.

Die-hard fans of Sunderland were given more reason to cheer after manager Caleb sealed the deal for Spanish midfield maestro Xavi. The English side forked out £30 million to prise the 28-year-old midfielder away from Nou Camp.

Said Caleb on his 8th signing of the season.

"Xavi is a good passer of the ball, a clever player and he's hardworking too. £30 million is nothing compared to the rewards he'll bring us. If everything goes as planned, Xavi will make his debut against Tottenham today. "

The arrival of Hernandez Xavi means that Caleb has now spent £139.6 million since being appointed as the new man in the dugout at the Stadium of Light.