Should i swap CACERES for ARBELOA

jamiehartle

Re: Should i swap CACERES for ARBELOA

Caceres is tipped to be a great defender in the future' date=' where as Arbeloa though playing regular is more of a journeyman defender and 91 will probably be his limit.[/quote']

91 his limit? LOL, ?! Can you please tell me why's that?

If Finnan was able to reach 93, Arbeloa is also able to as he's much better IMO...

Do it.

Martin Caceres isn't playing regularly at Barcelona and is only fifth choice center back once Gabriel Milito returns from injury and won't make an impact. It would be even harder for Martin Caceres once Adriano Buss Henrique returns from Bayer Leverkusen

On the other hand, Alvaro Arbeloa is Liverpool's starter and will rise to 91. I would say take Alvaro Arbeloa!

Caceres is tipped to be a great defender in the future' date=' where as Arbeloa though playing regular is more of a journeyman defender and [b']91 will probably be his limit[/b].

could you explainthe words in bold?

too bias imo. He has been pool's most consistent defender this season and will definitely go one step better than finnan who hit 93.

also spain's second choice RB behind ramos. No way 91 is his limit.

Do it.

Martin Caceres isn't playing regularly at Barcelona and is only fifth choice center back once Gabriel Milito returns from injury and won't make an impact. It would be even harder for Martin Caceres once Adriano Buss Henrique returns from Bayer Leverkusen

On the other hand' date=' [b']Alvaro Arbeloa[/b] is Liverpool's starter and will rise to 91. I would say take Alvaro Arbeloa!

Caceres should have a place ahead of Henrique, no doubt about that...So the arrival of Henrique shouldn't hamper his progress at Barcelona. Once Henrique returns from his loan spell, he will struggle to get into the team. Caceres is a fantastic defender and prospect and imo he is better than Pique and Henrique, but Guardiola has a soft spot for Pique. If Arbeloa continues playing the way he does, he can steadily increase.

91 for Arbeloa this changes and obviously with Aragones having faith in him as well, he is bound to get some action for Spain, sooner rather than later. If you weigh it all out, looking at long term and short term, Arbeloa would be best...but it's not a decision as simple as some people have made it out to be on this thread. I smell Liverpool fans:o :P:D

Can you possibly try to offer a different player to get Arbeloa? Offloading Caceres could be risky stuff...stats don't reveal the quality that the young man possesses.

Caceres should have a place ahead of Henrique' date=' no doubt about that...So the arrival of Henrique shouldn't hamper his progress at Barcelona. Once Henrique returns from his loan spell, [b']he[/b] will struggle to get into the team. Caceres is a fantastic defender and prospect and imo he is better than Pique and Henrique, but Guardiola has a soft spot for Pique. If Arbeloa continues playing the way he does, he can steadily increase.

91 for Arbeloa this changes and obviously with Aragones having faith in him as well, he is bound to get some action for Spain, sooner rather than later. If you weigh it all out, looking at long term and short term, Arbeloa would be best...but it's not a decision as simple as some people have made it out to be on this thread. I smell Liverpool fans:o :P:D

Can you possibly try to offer a different player to get Arbeloa? Offloading Caceres could be risky stuff...stats don't reveal the quality that the young man possesses.

Martin Caceres is a great defender but Adriano Buss Henrique is not a bad one and Pep Guardiola likes Gerard Pique probably due to his nationality, but Martin Caceres will have a tough time at Barcelona definitely being fifth choice and maybe even sixth.

Alvaro Arbeloa is having good play time at Liverpool so he can steadily rise, can even reach 93 like Steve Finnan did a few seasons ago as Rafael Benitez really likes him and Vicente Del Bosque (not Luis Aragones) has been calling him up to the Spanish NT.

Martin Caceres is a great defender but Adriano Buss Henrique is not a bad one and Pep Guardiola likes Gerard Pique probably due to his nationality' date=' but [b']Martin Caceres[/b] will have a tough time at Barcelona definitely being fifth choice and maybe even sixth.

Alvaro Arbeloa is having good play time at Liverpool so he can steadily rise, can even reach 93 like Steve Finnan did a few seasons ago as Rafael Benitez really likes him and Vicente Del Bosque (not Luis Aragones) has been calling him up to the Spanish NT.

Pep Guardiola likes him because he worked with Pique at Barcelona B. I am not doubting Henrique's ability, he is a good player, but what I am saying is that Caceres is better. Ratings wise, Caceres will be a late bloomer, not due to lack of ability but due to lack of game time. Hence the reason i said, taking Arbeloa would be best, but if i had Caceres, i would only offload him as a last option. I.E If the manager who owns Arbeloa insists on Caceres and no1 else, In which case, you should go through with the deal.

Ok I might have been wrong about Arbeloa' date=' obviously Finnan was way overated, but Premier League players generally get more favorable ratings compared to Spanish and Italian leagues.[/quote']

finnan wasn't overrated :mad::(:confused::rolleyes: He was the best RB in the premiership a couple of years back, mr consistent as he was known to pool fans. The actim index proved it.

back to the topic, i would definitely do the deal. Caceres may be more talented and a late bloomer, but arbeloa would benefit you in the long/short term imo. How many good RBs are there in the game compared to CBs?

cheers

definetley do the deal. Caceres as stated by many people on here is hardly getting any games and the few he has he hasnt really covered himself in glory (ie: Copa del Rey tie v Atletico earlier this week) he should maintain a 89 but wouldnt be surprised to see him fall to 88 with the way his lack of match time is going. Arbeloa has been Mr Consistent for a while now and is a very underrated performer...should definetley get a 91 next time round and has the potential toget 92/93 in the future. he is only 25 i think as well so many years in front of him as i see him playing the majority of games for us once he is back from his injury.