Job Offers

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I have West Ham Utd in EC631 and took them over in the first season with relegation staring them in the face, I managed to get them to 16th position in league. I took them to 4th place in Season two and won the English Shield along the way. Season three has been more of a struggle but I still have the second best manager rating behind Chelsea so my point is, why have I just been offered Portsmouth who with 4 games to go, are almost doomed to be relegated to the Second Division, it also states that there is no money available :eek: Whenever I have received a job offer it has always been to a better club, this is the first time this has happened, am I missing something :) David

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Job Offers

I thought the job offer would always be a step up? At least that's how all my other job offers have been, the reason I don't accept them is because I am building my teams up and it would take a lot to move to another club but what's the point in being offered a lower positon but if you say it's random, well this is the first time I've been offered a lower position and I've had lots of offers, oh well :P David

The whole job offer piece is one area I really think SM could improve.

I'm in an EC as well and have taken a Bristol City side from nowhere in Div 3 to 4th in Div 2 inside a season. I've not had one job offer, despite loads of clubs coming available in Div 1. At the same time, I've seen managers with lower ratings who aren't doing anything special in their leagues jump up to manage some of the best sides in the setup.

As it goes, I wouldn't have wanted 80% of the jobs anyway, but it would have been nice to think everyone had a fair crack, based on merit. When I found out the job offers are made randomly, it just felt a bit...lame...

Would be great to see a two day opportunity to apply for vacant positions, with the best performing / rated manager getting the job. That would even it out and make things much more realistic. Can't imagine it would take a whole heap of work to implement?

Please?!

They arent random. My mate in an English Championship got Gillingham promoted from Division 4 to top six Division 3, got offered Blackburn job, then went back down to Rotherham as he didnt like top league football, he's third in Div 4, and he gets almost all the job offers, which he turns down. Was offered Tottenham with Messi etc but still turned it down.

I was told by an SM admin guy that the offers are made randomly (I submitted a ticket to ask the question about 6-8 weeks back), hence my post.

There are (apparently) some factors taken into consideration, but when I pushed a bit more he confirmed that the offers are 'mostly made at random anyway'. Not sure if I could have gotten the wrong end of the stick from that response (and apologies if so), but that was the last word of our conversation.

Like I say, I actually wouldn't have wanted all but about two of the jobs that have come up - I was just genuinely interested in the criteria involved and how the 'decision making process' is made.

Either way, wouldn't it be better and fairer to allow interested parties to apply and then award the job to the most deserving candidate?