Aly Cissokho - F.C.Porto´s new signing

DerbyPower

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Aly Cissokho - F.C.Porto´s new signing

just watching the 1st 38mins of the game tonight (man u vs porto)

he is looking pretty awesome, attacking that left flank when ever he can, and getting a good delivery in each time, :) he is looking like he has played there for years,but this is only on the 1st 38 mins of the game,

so i guess lets just see how he gets on with the rest,

also, what you do think he will rise to?

Considering that it would be a pretty daunting task to be a left-back facing Man Utd with Ronaldo playing right-mid' date=' I think he did pretty well.[/quote']

Actually, he had Park to play against until Giggs came on, and then Ronaldo switched to the right and Giggs went to the left; Fergie tried to stretch the game a bit b/c Porto had strangled the life out of the center and managed to muddy up anything even approaching their box.

could he rise to like...hmm....85 given his recent performance

it seems as if someone has repacled his leftleg with some form of cannon' date=' what shot power[/quote']

No way, he will rise to 86/87, not to 85. And yeah, that shot he took was a hell of a bomb. A shame it didn´t get in.

No way' date=' he will rise to 86/87, not to 85. And yeah, that shot he took was a hell of a bomb. A shame it didn´t get in.[/quote']

well being a united fan i wouldnt be saying that but this keed really does seem to have bags of ability

well being a united fan i wouldnt be saying that but this keed really does seem to have bags of ability

Look, an 85 would mean a +3 rise. Is that enough for a player that:

- Has played over 2500 minutes this season

- Has shown quality in those minutes

- Plays in a successful team that is in first of their League, fighting for the domestic Cup and is in the quarter-finals of the CL with a nice prospect of getting to the semi-finals

Isn´t this enough for a +4/5? ;)

And just a small detail, in every game he participated in, Porto never lost. Coincidence? I don´t think so.

Look' date=' an 85 would mean a +3 rise. Is that enough for a player that:

- Plays in a successful team that is in first of their League, fighting for the domestic Cup and is in the quarter-finals of the CL with a nice prospect of getting to the semi-finals

And just a small detail, in every game he participated in, Porto never lost. Coincidence? I don´t think so.[/quote']

Agreed, one of the best young stars i've seen.

Look' date=' an 85 would mean a +3 rise. Is that enough for a player that:

And just a small detail, in every game he participated in, Porto never lost. Coincidence? I don´t think so.[/quote']

when i said being a united fan i wouldn't say that i was referring to the fact you said its a shame he didn't score not the fact he didn't warrant the rise. But its a bit ridiculous to imply he is the reason they arent losing!!

and i agree with seft as usual he'll prob go 86 88 89 and i dunno how consistent he will be if were talking about reaching the ninety

As you say it's only Goal, and to be fair they probably just watched the United/Porto match and chose a team in England that might sign a new LB.

But nonetheless, he's so much better off with Porto where he's now settled and playing regularly, playing CL football and has a great chance of getting a winners medal this season.

he won´t leave for less than 10M. I guess... :confused:

he wont leave till the end of the season at least hes doing so well. I can see him staying for one more season then moving on, hopefully he'll career will hold

after all hes been at what like 3 clubs in 2 years now

he wont leave till the end of the season at least hes doing so well. I can see him staying for one more season then moving on' date=' hopefully he'll career will hold

after all hes been at what like 3 clubs in 2 years now[/quote']

Yeah, you´re right. Besides, Porto is much bigger than Tottenham. Spurs will be lucky if they even reach the UEFA spots. An we are a chronic CL participants. So he´ll definitely stay. But you see, we bought him for a sum of 300k. If we get offered 8-10M, I see no reason for him staying, as with that money we can buy someone as good/better than him. :)

The first time I watched him play (and heard of him, for that matter) was a couple of days ago against Man U and I really really liked what I saw. When I saw him being rated 82 at an unmanaged club, I didn't even stop to think about it. :) It looks like he has quite a lot of potential.